Looking for Team

Comments

• CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    edited February 2013
  • YragornYragorn Join Date: 2010-04-04 Member: 71169Members
    Yragorn
    • skill- Highly subjective.
    • EU/NA/AUS etc- Canada
    • language-english/French
    • microphone- Sennheiser PC 350
    • how to contact you steam- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197967668605/
    • experience in ns: 2 years NS1 - NS2 since Pre-Alpha
    • experience in other games- CSS, CSS:GO, TF2, BF3 (Attack Heli), Chivalry, COD:MW 1-2-3, L4D, L4D2, Halo 1, BF2, BF2142. Other games not mentioned as not FPS related.
    • brief info about yourself- University Student <- (take this into consideration as I may be on or off if I have exams). Looking for a team/clan who can accomodate my schoolwork and plays at night usually (I'm most active from 10PM-3am Eastern Time on NS2 - rest of the time is on studies or other stuff (can log on for X reason if needed and can play around with my study schedule according to w/e team/clan needs, with limitations)
  • MedicGrant462MedicGrant462 Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182695Members
    nick: MedicGrant
    skill: (high-mid)
    language: english
    microphone: It works
    how to contact you: Steam
    experience in ns: year of play in NS1, 1 month in NS2
    experience in other games: L4D, Starcraft, TF2
    brief info about yourself: I'm looking to play with more experience players and understand competitive strategy for NS2. I can go for a semi-casual game. Not good enough for competitive. I tend to be a wild factor. I am a Paramedic in reallife.
  • StripetailsStripetails Join Date: 2013-01-30 Member: 182644Members, NS2 Playtester
    Nick: Stripetail
    Skill: High
    Language: English.
    Microphone: Yes.
    How To contact me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stripetail
    Experience in NS: 168 Hours and growing.
    Experience in other games: Gears of War 1 & 2, Starcraft 2, LoL, Dota2, Command and Conquer: Renegade, (Every C&C and Red Alert game), L4D1 & 2, Battlefield 1942, 2, and 3. Time Splitters 1, 2, &3. So many more I can't list them.
    Brief info about myself: Very interested in casual fun as well as competitive play. Eager to learn new tactics and strategies as well as help others.
  • TotaldangTotaldang Join Date: 2013-02-03 Member: 182790Members
    Nick: Totaldang
    Skill: In public games (high-mid), competative I have no idea (yet)
    Langauge: English/Dutch
    Microphone: Razor Megalodon
    How to contact me:
    -Add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/totaldang
    -Send me an email: It's on my profile (on this forum)
    Experience in NS: 160 hours
    Experience in other games: Too many to list. Some of my favorites right now: Dota 2, Team fortress, Left 4 Dead 2, Natural Selection 2 and a lot of different shooters.
    Brief info about myself: Currently studying, also my part time job is programming. And I have a great passion for technology (current amount of computers in my room: 7 (of which 3 are self build ^^).
  • -l||l-Shadow-l||l-Shadow Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172099Members
    Nick: TFL | -l||l-Shadow
    Name: Mike
    Skill: Mid
    Area: NA, Akron/Ohio
    Language: English
    Headset & Mic: Always use both
    NS Experience: Played NS1 from 02-06, while playing I had the opportunity of joining NF.Clan I was only a recruit
    NF.crew member after a good amount of time I was about to make the clan But NF disbanded before I got the NF.clan tag and made it in completely.
    Other Experience: No competitive (Schedule/Work Related reasons)
    About Me: I've been gaming since 2000 and have never stopped. I'm easy to get along with and respectful, always joking around. Looking for casual fun team to join, then maybe step it up if team thinks I'm good enough. I love aliens always have fade is my best life form I'd say, been working on rines and getting way better but as with both there is always room for improvement.

*Played (Non-competitive) (Small List)
    NS1+NS2 (Duh)
    TF1+TF2
    CS1.6+CS:S
    DoD+DoD:S
    BF:BC2+BF3
    Savage 2
    SC+SC2
    Dota1+Dota2
    Any FPS/RTS

~Computer Spec's~
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz Black Edition Processor (OCed 4.0Ghz)
    Asus M4A79XTD EVO Motherboard
    CoolerMaster Hyper-N 92mm CPU Cooler
    Corsair XMS3 (4x2GBs) 8GBs Total
    XFX Radeon HD 6790 Video Card (OCed to 960Core/1240Mem)
    Corsair 90GB SSD
    Seagate 1T SATA Hard Drive

^ Not the greatest but it does the job, will be doing a full rebuild and watercooling this summer if my car obsession doesn't take over.
  • fracofraco Join Date: 2012-11-27 Member: 173443Members
    nick: Fraco
    skill: mid
    EU
    language (english/french)
    microphone: i just got a new one! (my dog ate the previous one...)
    how to contact you: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197967006087/
    experience in ns : played 2 hours on NS1 and a few 250 hours on NS2
    experience in other games: never played competitivly

brief info about yourself : I am actually kinda bored in the game. I am looking for a serious team (communication and trying to be better). I would be happy just to test myself against a real opponent thought.
  • kojkoj Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182759Members
    // koj
    // 25
    // mid
    // EU
    // english - spanish
    // yes
    // http://steamcommunity.com/id/koj - http://www.ensl.org/users/2028
    // play many hours but many years ago, in the game start the first year.
    // in competitive, counter strike in the first years since 1999 and day of defeat any years ago. in no competitive play quake and unreal tournament.
    // im looking for competitive team, but maybe casual or alternate player depending of time.
  • nikodimus86nikodimus86 Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163188Members
    edited February 2013
    Nick: Vlada_Cokolada
    Skill: mid (or at least as skillful you can get after 150 hours in game)
    Mic: Have one, works fine.
    Contact: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046125007
    Experience: No prior NS experience
    Exp. in other games: The list would be too long, but I have played Starcraft and TF2 in multyplayer
    About me: I'm taking dancing classes and I like to read.
  • Omar - The WireOmar - The Wire Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165320Members
    Handle: Omar - The Wire / salt.the.skies / pitbull

Skill: You can judge that for yourself.

Language: English. Spanish curse words.

Experience: NS2 since release, played in Div 1, NA with ScM last season. NS1 pub only*

Exp. in other games: Highest competitive level at TFC, including '04, '05, '06 Summer and Winter Cyberathlete Professional League in Dallas for CS, TFC, Painkiller, UT2k4 and *had the unique experience of premiering NS1, in a live scrim, to the program committee of the CPL events to hopefully persuade them to have NS1 be a main ticket game at the time.

Other: There is almost nothing I can't teach you about cooking or wine.

Availability: My schedule is erratic but considering the flexibility of match dates in ENSL, I've had no problems attending any previous matches.

I don't mind playing for a Euro team if one is interested. The ping difference (170~) doesn't bother me and the time difference is actually a bit beneficial for me with my schedule.
  • EpicEpic Join Date: 2005-03-12 Member: 45018Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    In Need of a new West Coat home now that BAD Clan seems dead

Nick - Epic
    Age - 36
    skill - Mid/High
    Location - San Diego, CA
    Language - English
    Microphone - Yes
    PC Set-Up - AMD FX 6100 3.30GHz Six-Core, 16GB DDR3 Ballistix SDRAM, 2x Radeon HD7750 1G, Hard Drive: 1TB (7200 RPM), 600 Watt Power Supply, Logitech G9X Gaming Mouse
    How to contact you - Forum Message to "Epic"
    Experience in NS - I've been playing since early 2003 and just caught the tail end of the V1 era(O how the game has changed!). I played pretty consistently till 2005 and then took a hiatus for a couple years to start a Boat Company(Epic Boats is where the Nick comes from) and then got back in around 2007 with BAD Clan but could never devote enough time to be competitive but I usually played amongst the top guys there. Now it is on to NS2 where I have been mostly commanding on pubs because NO ONE will ever jump int he chair!
    Experience in other games - I sporadically clanned in the early 2000s in HL and CS with XXX Clan back east under the Nick "DIE"

In general I just want to support the community and would love to play a competitive match now and again. I'm willing to start at the bottom in any group and work my way up through my Skulk Chomping FURY, Pistol Script-esq Marine Skills, and Aggressive Commander Talents(Shotty/JP rush is ON!!!!)

/Epic
  • WillzZzWillzZz Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182667Members
    nick: WillzZz
    skill: mid
    NA - PST
    language - English
    microphone - yes
    how to contact you: I've started idling in qnet #ns2.gather and #ns2.search
    experience in ns (past ns experience, past competitive gaming experience etc)
    experience in other games (competitive preferably): UT2k3/4 at a high level. No tourney wins but I held my own. Those of you from NA (and a handful of tourney friends from EU) probably remember me but it makes me feel old thinking about how long ago it was!
    brief info about yourself: Just trying to see what the competitive scene is like. It's awfully fun to watch casts, so I've opted to return to gaming a bit. I haven't played anything competitively in 6 or 7 years. Gathers don't seem popular, or I'd probably find a home there. Alas, here I am. I'm a pub* at best, and haven't tried comm yet. I just started playing a couple of weeks ago. I travel a lot, so there will be stretches where I cannot scrim. My PC seems to hold up well unless I've got more than one game up (I still play Eve Online :P)
  • RysskRyssk Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175441Members
    nick Ryssk
    age 22
    skill: High
    EU: Sweden
    language: Swedish/English
    microphone: Ofc (Sennheiser pc-350)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007541150/
    Experience: Mint 1st Division
    Info about myself?: Well, quite the active player, and always up for a scrim or something like that, would rather play in Division 1 than 2 because of the huge gap in skill sometimes between the teams:/
  • himself93himself93 Join Date: 2013-02-10 Member: 182975Members
    nick: himself
    skill: med
    Language: English/Gibberish
    Mic: yes
    Contact information: (Primary) steam account; http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037957656 (Secondary) email; himself.playing@gmail.com
    Past Competitive Experience: I do not have experience on a competitive team yet.
    Other Information: I am getting good on the alien team and still a useful teammate as marine. Still need some work on my commander skills but getting close.
  • skizzskizz Join Date: 2013-01-15 Member: 179778Members
    nick: skizz
    skill: mid/high
    Location NA - EST
    language - English
    microphone - yes (also have vent server and muble)
    how to contact you: Forums @ skizz through steam
    NS2 Since Release, ENSL Gathers & Reddit Gathers. Comptetive play back in CS on Cal-m/i

brief info about yourself: Want to get with a good team and enjoy the higher end playstyle that competitive play will offer. Marine, and Fade are my forte
  • sdelcossdelcos Join Date: 2005-01-11 Member: 34994Members
    nick:Firespitter
    skill:Low-mid I guess? Its hard to know when its pubs you're comparing yourself against
    I'm in north america, Central time if that helps
    language: English(preffered), spanish
    microphone:Yes
    I can be found as Firespitter on Rizon or you can go here http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046688691/
    I have had ample NS1 experiene(Starting at 1.3 or 1.4 I think), though not remotely near any sort of competitive sort and I have 190 hours clocked in since release date. I don't really have any competitive experience in any game. I'm mostly looking for a ragtag group of people that can work together for casual fun, nothing too serious since I'm getting tired of playing in pub games due the general lack of organization. I also like playing tabletop RPGs and part of my free time is used up by those.
  • Mad selectionMad selection Join Date: 2013-01-01 Member: 176967Members
    Mad
    Mid, commander starting to be high
    Canada
    English and French
    I do have a mic
    Contact me throught steam or the forum
    My account name on steam is mordeinn
    I'm mostly a casual gamer but with a lot of time on my hands for quite a while (friendly advice, be very careful about trusting a chiropractor with your neck). Thus you can can say I'm starting to look for more competitive fields. On NS2 every day about 6-8 hours per day. I have 400 hours behind me.
    I was a beast at startcraft 1 and 2; those where the only online competitive play I really ever did seriously. I'm completely hooked to ns2. Barely play anything else since I bought it.
    I'm looking for a wide range of players from casual to competitive. A regular team would be nice too. I'm cooperative and always eager to learn more.
  • DothalDothal Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183067Members
    I would prefer a german Team (Though speaking english would be ok too, but I can't speak it very fluently :D )

nick: Dothal / Alexander
    skill: mid, high on good days
    EU/NA/AUS: Europe (Germany)
    language: English, German
    microphone: Yes
    how to contact me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DerRasputin/
    or on the forum if you can't contact me on steam
    experience in ns: Playing since NS2 Release and activly since about a month
    experience in other games (competitive preferably): Many different FPS
    brief info about yourself: Mainly looking for casual fun, but would be also interested in a more competitive experience. I also hope I can learn something new ;)
  • OctaviusOctavius Join Date: 2012-10-02 Member: 161337Members
    nick: Octavius
    skill: mid-high
    EU/NA/AUS: NA, Maryland
    language: English
    microphone: Yes
    how to contact me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/octaviusblue
    experience in ns: NS1 pub style for a couple years. NS2 since beta.
    experience in other games (competitive preferably): CAL-M Day of Defeat CAL-O CS (2 other leagues i cant remember. Also this was years ago)
    brief info about yourself: Gamer. I do pretty well in the pubs. Lately pub games have not been very interesting and looking to expand the experience. I'll comm, but ... I'd rather be shooting/biting.
  • MyOwnOwnerMyOwnOwner Join Date: 2010-01-09 Member: 70006Members
    edited February 2013
    Team found

nick MyOwnOwner
    skill: mid-high
    EU/NA/AUS: EU, Germany
    language: English (good), German (native), Spanish (beginner)
    microphone: yes
    Steamid: 0:0:1588989 (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197963443706))
    experience in ns: NS1 > 1.000 h game time, NS2 > 500 h game time (Some pub-stomping screens can be found here: screenshots) competetive gameplay experience in ~5 ensl gathers (k/d/a ratio: 1/3/2), experienced commander, NS2stats link: ns2stats.org/player/player/15979 (not playing often on servers with stats enabled)
    experience in other games: CS since early betas until 1.3, Starcraft 1 and 2, Serious Sam :), and much more.

Gude,

I am looking for some fun with a team - competetive team games just make more fun this way. If things go well, also in a more serious way of gaming like leagues. Unluckily my time is a bit limited due to my job - It can happen, that I have to work longer, but usually I am ready at 18:00, latest should be 20:00 (UTC+1).

I see my team position on the field but I can also go into the chair/hive.

Here Is how I see my skill, based upon the speed, accuracy, amount of kills, how long I can stay alive and how I am in the meta game. (Based on pub experience)

Marines
    Commander: good
    Pistol: very good
    LMG: good
    SG: good

Alien
    Khammander:medium-good
    Skulk: good
    Gorge: just support, not a battle gorge
    Lerk: low-medium (dunno, just keep dying)
    Fade: medium-good
    Onos: medium-good

Cya
  • FilthyOstricFilthyOstric Join Date: 2013-02-16 Member: 183117Members
    Nick: FilthyOstrich
    Skill: Mid
    Communication: I always use a mic.

Add me on Steam if you would like to speak: http://steamcommunity.com/id/filthyostric/

I've got 80 hours worth of playtime on NS2 and have experience of playing in competitive environments with my clan – dpi. Unfortunately, not enough of our members are eager to play the game competively, so I am having to look elsewhere.

Other Experience:
    I played L4D and L4D2 at competitive levels extensively. My Highest achievement was finshing 4th in the ESL Summer Cup back in 2010.

I'm an avid PvPer in MMOs such as WoW, SWToR and GW2 and have medium expertise in SC2. I love the competitive aspect of gaming.

About me:
    I'm really looking to focus on NS2 and begin playing in the competitive cicuit. I'm online pretty much every night and happy to train when required. I'm looking for a group of players who strike a decent balance between having fun and being serious/competitive. I'm an avid gamer and eager to learn tactics and the what not. With that in mind, my communication skills a very polished. I'm a school teacher, so this is essential in my day to day job. I'm a very vocal player and enjoy playing along side a commander, keeping them up to date on what is going on out on the field of battle.
    I'm also happy to go on 'trial' with a team if they have any concerns about whether I would fit in or not.
    Please, feel free to add me on Steam if you would like to speak further.

I look forwrad to speaking to you soon.

Kindest regards,

FilthyOstrich
  • LoulebeLoulebe Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183064Members
    Nick: Loulebe
    Skill: mid-high
    Europe: Belguim
    Language : French, English(middle.)
    Microphone.... yes
    Steam-id : STEAM_0:1:8245921
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197976757571/

experience in ns2:

More than 600 h game time.
    Play some gathers and match.
    My strategy: Just Listen
    I have all my time to play.
    Don't like to play lerk on match.
  • SidderSidder Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176034Members
    * nick: Sid
    * skill: mid
    * language: Dutch, English
    * microphone: Yes, ofc?
    * contact: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197967816434/
    * experience in ns: Hm well Ive spent a lota hours on ns1 but hardly comp, think I did 2 matches ;/
    ns2 well 540 hours on the clock atm in the ~3months I got it, and going up but all pub so far, in which I find myself to do "fine, okay" on most lifeforms/marine

Well been playing FPS as long as I can remember now barely much else, from CS to TFC, where I did play a lil comp to NS
    (aaah fabulous mods on HL1 xD) Spent also rather quite some hours on BF2/L4D2/TF2.

Anyhow I wonna get better so id like to enter the comp scene.. I got plenty of time after work obvlsy x_x

Add if wonna know more

• OprahOprah Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155615Members
    Bock
    Pretty average
    NA, East Coast
    English
    Yes to Mic
    Contact by PM, or Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/76Bock
    Played NS1 casually, played NS2 for almost a year now off and on
    I've played multiple lesser known Half-life mods competitively, DoD probably the best known of them. Also did multiple tournaments in Halo 2. Nothing intense however.
    I'm looking for people that are fun to play over skill. I like to focus and be competitive, but I'd rather play with people I like than win with ones I don't. I don't intend on playing 8 hours a day and won't be able to get on everyday.
  • TericTeric Join Date: 2013-02-19 Member: 183195Members
    nick: Teric
    skill:
    Marine: High
    Skulk: Mid
    Gorge: High
    Lerk: Mid
    Fade: Low
    Onos: Low (I have really bad luck with onos)
    Marine Com: Low
    Alien Com: Low
    Region: NA
    language: EN
    Steam: Teric
    email: jacob.vanvleet@gmail.com
    experience in ns: played ns a bit back in the day
    experience in other games: Played CS semi-pro when I lived in Korea. (was in the army)
    28 year old army vet, looking for a good group of guys to play with. Having fun is a priority but knowing when to be serious is key.
  • current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
    nick: current1y
    skill: med/high
    Region: North America (north east)
    language: english
    steam name: current1y
    experience in ns: Played NS1 for a few years and have about 700 hrs into ns2 since release.
    brief info about yourself: For ns2 my main goal is to just get better and competitive play is the next natural step. I am fairly active (play a few hours every night) so time commitment shouldn't be an issue. My best classes are probably the Lerk and gorge.

• GorpieGorpie Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182765Members
    Nickname: Gorpie
    Skill: I average around mid skill nowadays.
    Microphone: YES!
    Steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gorpie2 - Haven't used IRC for ages but happy to get back into it again!

Experience in NS(past ns experience, past competitive gaming experience etc):
    I've played both ns1 and ns2 and have a deep love for the game and team strategy.

Experience in other games (competitive preferably):
    Competitive experience in ns1, cs (1.6 & source), Quake 3. I play pretty much anything under the sun.

Brief info about yourself:
    I work full time in London and have two young children (my other full time job) so I especially want a semi-casual clan with set clan or match nights. I'd prefer smaller so I can get to know people a little better but I'm happy for either.
    I've been playing fps online for a long time (starting with quake 1!) I play mostly on the #YO-Clan server as there's a good community there and the skill level is higher than your typical pub server.
  • willeh22willeh22 Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58220Members
    edited February 2013
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    Nickname: Simba
    SteamId: taekwonjoe01

Skills:
    Marine:
    Aim - Mid
    Situational - High
    Commander - High
    Alien:
    Skulk - Mid
    Gorge - High
    Lerk - Mid
    Fade - Mid
    Onos - High
    Situational - High
    Khammander - High

Microphone: Of course
    Experience: No ns1 experience, over 800 hours NS2 experience since beta 198.

Computer Specs: Needs improvement. 25-55 FPS. Upgrading within the year to a top of the line system.

About Me: Recent graduate working full time during the day. Have all evenings (PST) off. Flexible on weekends. I like to play at least 2 hours a day, more on weekends.
  • BriareosBriareos Join Date: 2009-08-01 Member: 68329Members
    Nickname: Jeffers Morning

Skill: Very low

North America

Mic: I use my shitty webcam to talk. I left my headset at my folks' house.

Experience in NS: I bought the game early on, hoping to get into it while it was a WIP so I could improve with it. I managed to play once or twice, before asking my younger brother to play a round for me, so I could observe him and hopefully learn some new tricks. Despite being very good, he was also very young. He also had a friend over and they began trolling over my mic. I shut that down quickly for fear of being banned in that server (which happens often in other games we both play like Team Fortress 2. On his account, not mine of course.) I was afraid to play again, but roughly a year or two later I tried my hand at NS2 once more. So much had changed I honestly couldn't grasp a lot of the gameplay and I was assigned to an Alien team for the one round I did manage to play. I found them to be very difficult and sadly contributed heavily to my team's loss. I was a skulk / gorge most of the round. I tried once and failed as an onos when my team was in dire trouble. I have yet to even think of playing the game again until now.

Experience in other games: As far as online, competitive FPS's go I've mostly played TF2 and a recent indie game called Primal Carnage. I've attempted Warcraft 3, Starcraft 1 and the Broodwar expac over battlenet. I was terrible at those. I also play Call of Duty (2 through Black Ops 1). I'm poor at Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch since I find my life in those game modes to be valueless. In Search and Destroy I do remarkably well since I only have that one life and it makes me focus extra hard on being cautious with my character. I did the Avatar: The Game, Turok, and Lost Planet 1 online games. Turok was my best. I also play fighting games like Tekken, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, and Twisted Metal. I'm skilled at the earlier SoCal games and did RL competitions when I was younger. I usually conquered the top competitors as Lizard Man.

As for who I am and what I'm looking for. I'm a 22 year old, handicapped, American author. If anybody would like to check out one of my works for fun, google The Violet Stranger. I live on my own in an apartment complex, which I actually gave my 30 day's notice for. I'm hoping to move closer to my parents so I can see my younger brother and little sister more often. I am very interested in casual play, but would like an in-game mentor to stick by me and make sure I can maintain a certain standard of ability. Right now my NS2 skill level is exceptionally poor, so if possible I'd maybe like to find a team of 8 to 10, skillful, patient buddies to run a few learning games with me for both human and alien teams. Humans would be my initial preference to start out with. If possible I'd like to also maybe arrange for a spectator to record my learning matches, post them on youtube and maybe contact me over skype so we can review them and have said person discuss with me what areas I need improve in. I usually prefer subordinate combat roles. Oh, and I'm a guy irl. That's it. <( ^ w ^ )> Thanks for the consideration.