NS2 Achievements

Comments

• PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    edited July 2010
    <strike><b>The hungry one</b> - Digest XX marines in one round. (As Onos) <i>Icon: An onos with a Hamburger</i></strike>

<b>Tub of Lard</b> - Not sure about this one. Something to do with the Gorge though. <i>Icon: A tub of lard</i>

<b>The flying nightmare</b> - Kill XX marines in one round. (As Lerk) <i>Icon: Lerk</i>

<b>Explosive Expert</b> - Kill something with the Grenade Launcher. <i>Icon: Grenade Launcher</i>

<b>No mercy</b> - Kill off everyone on the opposite team and at a max of 30 seconds. Win the game. <i>Icon: Not sure</i>

<b>The Black Ninja</b> - One for the SE pre-orders. Buy the black armour at the armoury. <i>Icon: The black Armour</i>

<b>Move to your wavepoints</b> - Give XX amount of waypoints as commander. (Either side) <i>Icon: Wavepoint</i>

<b>Obedient</b> - Move to XX amount of waypoints. (During 1 round) <i>Icon: Wavepoint?</i>

<b>Great Commander</b> - Get XXX amount of points as the commander in 1 round. (Not sure about the name of this) <i>Icon: A picture of the Command Chair</i>
  • Mr. EpicMr. Epic Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18660Members, Constellation
    lollercoaster: As an onos jump and ride on a sliding gorge.
  • UnknownLegacyUnknownLegacy Join Date: 2009-06-03 Member: 67664Members
    I would be surprised if this hasn't been posted yet...

Hovar without flapping - As a lerk, fly for X amount of seconds without flapping once.
  • PHLAKPHLAK Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72448Members
    <b>I'll handle this myself</b> - Leave the command chair and destroy the enemy hive without dying
  • DrownDrown Underwater Join Date: 2002-12-02 Member: 10392Members
    edited July 2010
    <b>Marine Achievements </b>
    Strategic Retreat - Be on a team that relocates from marine start and recycle the original command chair before 200 seconds are up.
    Unknown Worlds Trotter - Win a game in the Alpha, Beta and Release versions of the game.
    Sustaining Order - Win a game as marines without allowing the enemy team to secure any additional tech or res nodes.
    Cleanup in isle five - Destroy one of each type of alien structure.
    Spartan - Kill three hives without dying or being healed.
    Close call - receive a medpack while at 1 health.
    Non-expendable - be hurt under 20 health (friendly fire doesn't count) and be healed to full five times without dying.
    WALL-E - Repair a constructor with another constructor.
    Close Encounters - Kill ten aliens at pointblank range with a shotgun in a single life.
    Indecisive Armaments - Kill at least five aliens with five different weapons without dying.
    <b>
    Alien Achievements</b>
    Strategic Denial - Defeat a relocated marine team before 300 seconds are up.
    Power Overwhelming - Win a game as aliens without allowing the enemy team to secure any additional tech or res nodes.
    Slip 'n' Slide - Kill ten marines as a gorge while doing belly-slides.
    Leaping Lizards! - Parasite ten marines before landing as a skulk.
    Culling the Herd - Kill one of each type of alien lifeform.
    The Herd is Culling you - Kill one of each: Marine, Jetpack Marine, Heavy Armour Marine.
    Viva la Resistance - Destroy one of each type of marine structure.
    Table Service - As an Onos, devour and digest a marine standing on top of you.
    Green Thumb - Plant 100 chambers.
    The Wolf goes... - Destroy the last command chair while the entire marine team is still alive.
    <b>
    Generic Achievements</b>
    Racism is bad - Play 10 matches in a row as either aliens or humans.
    Genetic World Tour - Get a kill as every type of lifeform, including human
    Corporate Corruption - Maintain a resource stockpile of 200 for over 5 minutes.
    Underdogs - Defeat an enemy team while having collected less than half the resources they did.
    The Champ - Complete a match without having died once.
    Indestructible - Without dying, take 1000 damage in a single match.
  • Mr. EpicMr. Epic Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18660Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1779680:date=Jul 16 2010, 03:22 PM:name=UnknownLegacy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UnknownLegacy @ Jul 16 2010, 03:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779680"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would be surprised if this hasn't been posted yet...

Hovar without flapping - As a lerk, fly for X amount of seconds without flapping once.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You could also do:

Hay Mrs. Turrents: deploy 20 turrets in one game.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    edited July 2010
    <u><b>Marine Achievements</b></u>
    <b>Your Squad's 5!</b> - Earned when your squad accumulates five kills without any member dying.
    <b>Not a Cold Turn</b> - Kill an alien around a corner with the flamethrower.
    <b>In the Pipe, 5 by 5</b> - Kill 5 aliens in vents in one life.
    <b>Get on the BUS</b> - Ride an Onos for at least 5 seconds.
    <b>You Don't Phase Me</b> - Spawn on a squad leader and kill an enemy within 1 second.
    <b>An Outlet for my Aggression</b> - Kill an alien within 5 seconds of it chuckling.
    <b>Just Lost His Appetite</b> - Free 15 teammates from the stomach of an Onos.
    <b>Commander, I Need Ammo</b> - Fire an entire machinegun clip in one burst.
    <b>Friendly Fire</b> - Use the flamethrower to kill a skulk who is within 5 feet of another Marine.
    <b>Don't Make Me Axe Again</b> - Kill 25 alien buildings with the Switch.ax.
    <b>Just Regained my Appetite</b> - Kill 25 alien eggs.
    <b>If You Build It, They Will Die</b> - Accumulate 10 MASCs built as a Commander.
    <b>A Job Weld Done</b> - Weld 10 doors closed (either as Commander or as a Marine depending on how it works).

<u><b>Alien Achievements</b></u>
    <b>Evolutionarily Challenged</b> - Go an entire round playing only as a Skulk.
    <b>Hovars Without Flapping</b> - Destroy 10 MACs as a Lerk.
    <b>Weight Watcher</b> - Evolve from a Gorge into a Skulk.
    <b>I Have an Announcement</b> - As an Onos, destroy the door from the teaser trailer.
    <b>With a Little Help from my Friend</b> - As a Skulk, boost a Gorge into a vent.
    <b>Lerk Lift</b> - Ride an elevator upwards as a Lerk.
    <b>This Place is a Mess</b> - Earned by the entire team when Dynamic Infestation covers 80% or more of the map.
    <b>Now, We Donce</b> - Accumulate 5 Heavy Armor Marine kills as a Skulk and 5 Jetpack Marine kills as an Onos.
    <b>Pudgy</b> - Accumulate 24 in-game hours as a Gorge.
    <b>Blinky</b> - Accumulate 24 in-game hours as a Fade.
    <b>Bob</b> - Accumulate 24 in-game hours as a Skulk.
    I am a terrible, horrible, no good NS fan and can't remember the nicknames for the Lerk and the Onos (was the Lerk "Flyer" or something?) but they should also be achievements.
    <b>Noname, but call me Mother</b> - Accumulate 24 in-game hours as a Queen.
    <b>They Made Bacon!</b> - Accumulate 25 kills of Marines that spawned from a distress beacon.
    <b>On the Clorf</b> - Accumulate 1 hour of perch time as a Lerk.

<b><u>Generic Achievements</u></b>
    <b>Fall '09</b> - Fall for 2,009 feet through the air. (Not all at once; every time you fall it adds to the counter)
    <b>Spark of Inspiration</b> - Play on 10 unofficial maps.
    <b>This Shaft is Mine</b> - Win a round of Mineshaft as an alien and as a Marine.
    <b>I Have Refined Tastes</b> - Win a round of Refinery as an alien and as a Marine.
    <b>The Rule of Cool</b> - Pass by all the lights with rotating fans in front of them in the official maps.
  • DrownDrown Underwater Join Date: 2002-12-02 Member: 10392Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1779681:date=Jul 16 2010, 02:22 PM:name=PHLAK)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PHLAK @ Jul 16 2010, 02:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779681"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>I'll handle this myself</b> - Leave the command chair and destroy the enemy hive without dying<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok this one is awesome. Must have!
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    edited July 2010
    <!--coloro:#F4A460--><span style="color:#F4A460"><!--/coloro--><b><u>Aliens</u></b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Junkyard Dog</b> - As a skulk, destroy 5 marine structures in one life. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Bulldog with thick studded collar.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Ninja</b> - Kill a marine before hitting the ground after dropping off the celing as a skulk. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->A Ninja.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Darwinism</b> - Evolve through 3 different life forms, performing a successful action in each state. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->The monkey to man diagram.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>4 Food Groups</b> - Eat 4 marines in a single life. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->A dinner plate with veggies, bread, meat and cheese, or something else dairy.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Bad breath</b> - Kill 2 heavy marines in a single life with bite attacks. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Mouth burping.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Pack Man</b> - Run a certain distance with 3 other skulks within a certain range of you. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Picture of wolf pack.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Covert Ops</b> - Ride atop a mac or drifter to avoid the marine motion sensor picking you up. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Broken dotted outline of a skulk atop a mac.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#F4A460--><span style="color:#F4A460"><!--/coloro--><u><b>Marines</b></u><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>LumberJack</b> - Chop down 3 alien res towers in one life. | Chop down 10 res towers in one game. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lumberjack with plaid jacket, toque, and axe.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Beam me up Scotty!</b> - Phase gate 2 times in one life as a marine. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Picture of teleporter.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Grizzled Veteran</b> - Use a total of 5 medpacks/ammopacks in one life. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Pissed off marine with stubble and scarring on face.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Master Electrician</b> - Set up 3 power grid points in one life. | Set up every power grid point on a map in a single game.
    <b>Master Welder</b> - Weld a marine, a door, and a marine structure in one life.
    <b>Recycle, Reduce, Reuse</b> - Pick up 10 items dropped by dead Marines in a game. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Recycling logo.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Old McDonald</b> - Build 5 turrets in a single life. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Picture of a corn farm.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Indigestion</b> - Survive two Onos's digestive systems in a single game (Be saved twice). <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Picture of a chili pepper or something else that causes indigestion.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>RTS Nerd</b> - Stay in cc for over 5 minutes maintaining a certain threshold of actions per minute. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Fat guy with glasses and acne sweating.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Petting Zoo</b> - Melee attack skulks at least 5 times in a game.<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--> Picture of cute puppy.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Study Hard</b> - Research everything possible in a game.<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--> Picture of an open book.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Point Man</b> - Be the first to engage at least 30% of all newly spawned aliens in an entire round. (Must have teams greater then 4v4). <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Picture of a marine pointing something in the distance with others in the background following him.
    <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#F4A460--><span style="color:#F4A460"><!--/coloro--><u><b>General</b></u><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Last Man Standing</b> - Be the last player on your team, when everyone else has F4'd. (At least more then 5 guys, game has more then 20 kills, and more then 5 minutes). <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Bold "F4", or maybe a dude standing with his arms up in defiance.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Offensive Wall</b> - Have 5 or more offensive structures you've built each get at least 1 kill in a game. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Picture of fence with barbed wire.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>Master Painter</b> - 'Paint' 1000 square feet of surface area with blood decals. <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Marine holding a paint roller like a rifle.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited July 2010
    this smells bad: kill XX marines with toxic cloud [a marine head with two XX's as eyes]
    jerk: drop your weapon and die [a marine head with a D hat (sorry i don't know the name )]
    Radioactivman: survive a toxic cloud XX times. [nuke icon]
    sharer: drop XX times a weapon for a teammate [two hands holding]
    timberjack: kill XX onos with axe in one round [Axe icon ]
  • RugerRuger Join Date: 2009-09-08 Member: 68718Members
    I know the onos lost devour but...

<b>And I thought they smelled bad on the outside</b> - Save x marines from dying in an Onos' stomach.
  • CloveClove Join Date: 2007-01-24 Member: 59739Members
    That should be, of course, "Makin' Bacon"

Epic Win - Win a game with [a lot of] players after [a long time].
    Ain't Got Time To Bleed - Kill X aliens while having 10 or less life.
    Lead By Example - Kill an alien within 10 seconds of leaving the Command station.

The 'milestone' achievements are always fun for me and don't distract too much.
    Like, Do 1000000 damage with the flamethrower. Use the "fade" ability 10000 times.

I'd suggest avoiding achievements that need a <b>total </b>number of Friends or Community Members. (Hack at a hive with 4 other friends.) They end up being really difficult, unless you are in a clan. Ones that use a Friend but count up are more reasonable. Like, "Chomp a friend to death 10 times as a Skulk"

And what those guys were saying about steering gameplay and avoiding disruptive grinding is totally correct. Achievements for helping teammates, working as a team, and playing to win, are better.
    <b>DOUBLE RAINBOW ALL THE WAY!</b> - Pre-purchase the special edition bundle
  • HashashinHashashin Join Date: 2010-04-15 Member: 71416Members
    "Splat" Hit 10 skulks with the grenade launcher.
  • RecupelRecupel Join Date: 2008-02-27 Member: 63752Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited July 2010
    <b>Facing the death</b>
    Killing 3 Fades in a row without dying.

<b>Mobile radar</b>
    As a Skulk, parasiting 10 Marines without dying.
  • DocanDocan Join Date: 2007-12-28 Member: 63284Members, Constellation
    Alien
    <b>Gorge Rush!</b> - Win a Round with 80% of your team being gorges within first 3mins

Marine
    <b>Shotgun Rush</b>! - Win a round with 80% of your team carrying shotguns within first 3mins

(WishList)
    <b>Para Trooper</b> - Kill a marine with gorge spit while being lifted by a lerk!
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2010
    <b>mac wants the whaaat?</b>
    Clear some infestation with a flamethrower.
    <b>Nuke It From Orbit</b> - As marines, win a round in < 5 minutes
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'll handle this myself - Leave the command chair and destroy the enemy hive without dying<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

lol, I like this one.

Agreed that most of the achievements should be teamwork related, with a handful of funny ones mixed in.
  • UnknownLegacyUnknownLegacy Join Date: 2009-06-03 Member: 67664Members
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1779683:date=Jul 16 2010, 02:23 PM:name=Mr. Epic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. Epic @ Jul 16 2010, 02:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779683"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You could also do:

Hay Mrs. Turrents: deploy 20 turrets in one game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Trying to also think of one for "If I had a million res nodes". Can't remember most of the songs that NS1 inspired of the top of my head right now...

<b>If I had a million res nodes </b>- Capture every resource nossel. (As marines or aliens)
    <b>Gorges Gone Wild </b>- Win as the aliens while every team member is a gorge (not including alien commander?)
    <b>Boondock Marines</b> - Eject the commander and win as marines with a new commander. (Kinda against the spirit of teamwork if someone is working towards achievements, but... yeah.)
  • GroxxGroxx Join Date: 2009-03-17 Member: 66789Members
    edited July 2010
    How about:

<ul><li><b>Where are they?!</b> - On a server with more than 10 players, in a single life, travel for X meters without seeing an enemy. (I'm thinking something big... 500?)</li><li><b>OMG Pwnies!</b> - Engage, and defeat, two Onos within X seconds (10? 30?)</li><li><b>Wipeout</b> - Get killed while belly-sliding.</li><li><b>I'm going to get my gun back</b> - Get eaten by an Onos shortly after running out of ammo (sunglasses + suit + tie, clearly)
    in a similar vein:</li><li><b>I make this look good</b> - Get the highest score with the black armor (maybe with something extra added).</li><li><b>KEKEKEKEKE</b> - Win a game where your entire team only uses Skulks (zerg rush). Could have a mimic for un-upgraded marines.</li></ul>

You seriously need a database for this, forums are a horrible format for this sort of question.
  • PrivatePrivate Join Date: 2007-06-10 Member: 61204Members, Constellation
    I'd just take a minute here to link to some of the other achievement threads made on these forums for the past couple of years.
    <ul><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=104013'>Achievements in NS2</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=107283'>NS2 Achievements, It's all Kwils fault!</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=109017'>Achievements in NS2?</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=108580'>Achievements, We can haz them?</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=109476'>Unofficial Steam Achievements Thread</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=109691'>Steam Achievements, Steam Leaderboards and Steam Cloud</a></li></ul>
    There's suggestions in all of them, and a healthy discussion about why NS2 should not include any achievements. I guess I'll go sit in a corner and sulk now.
    <b>OM NOM NOM</b> - Kill 100 enemies with bite
  • sherpasherpa stopcommandermode Join Date: 2006-11-04 Member: 58338Members
    <b>End of the line</b>- research all techs as a commander in a single game.

<b>cu@cpl</b>- get a 10 killstreak as a marine.

<b>Command and conquer</b>- win 10 times as a commander.

<b>B drop!</b> - you and your team kill 5 marines within 5 seconds.

<b>When the time comes, I'll do us both</b>- kill yourself and an enemy with the grenade attachment.

<b>88 miles per hour!</b>- reach maximum speed as a skulk.

<b>I like being on top</b>- heal marines for a total of 5000hp in a single game, using med packs.

<b>Now, we dance.</b>- build 2 hives in a single game.

<b>Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes</b>. Achieve 500 shotgun kills.

<b>Ghost in the machine</b>. Construct 20 buildings using MACS.

<b>Carbon neutral</b>. Drop 50 hydras.
    <!--quoteo(post=1779701:date=Jul 16 2010, 07:36 PM:name=Private)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Private @ Jul 16 2010, 07:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779701"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'd just take a minute here to link to some of the other achievement threads made on these forums for the past couple of years.
    <ul><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=104013'>Achievements in NS2</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=107283'>NS2 Achievements, It's all Kwils fault!</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=109017'>Achievements in NS2?</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=108580'>Achievements, We can haz them?</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=109476'>Unofficial Steam Achievements Thread</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=109691'>Steam Achievements, Steam Leaderboards and Steam Cloud</a></li></ul>
    There's suggestions in all of them, and a healthy discussion about why NS2 should not include any achievements. I guess I'll go sit in a corner and sulk now.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Gonna steal something from here.
    "Achievements, We can haz them?" Get all the NS2 achievements.
  • JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
    edited July 2010
    Cuddle This: As a Gorge, kill a Marine with his 2Sec.SwitchAx equipped.
    Gotta Get That Bacon: As a Marine, become Beaconed back to Spawn/Marine Start when at 10 Health or less.
    Clearing The Lungs: Barf up 50 Resources worth of Structures as a Gorge within a single game.
    <b>Primal Rage</b> - Kill 5 marines with < 5 seconds between each kill
  • LocaneLocane Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22882Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1779692:date=Jul 16 2010, 02:30 PM:name=PHLAK)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PHLAK @ Jul 16 2010, 02:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779692"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>DOUBLE RAINBOW ALL THE WAY!</b> - Pre-purchase the special edition bundle<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

YES!!!!!!!
    edited July 2010
    <b>I've seen the light!</b> - Be freed from an Onos belly less than a second away from death

(I know this is similar to others, I just liked the name I came up with)
    "Mission Accomplished!" Lose a game after destroying all alien hives.