New Hl2 Screenshots

123457»

Comments

• UKchaosUKchaos Join Date: 2002-08-10 Member: 1132Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> More than a third are User Posted Images.. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah that 'user posted image' thing a bug with the board code. Sometimes if i mistype urls it get stuck on it :/
  • Cold_NiTeCold_NiTe Join Date: 2003-09-15 Member: 20875Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-UKchaos+Oct 1 2004, 07:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (UKchaos @ Oct 1 2004, 07:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> What has the title of the thread got to do with the quote of mine you posted?

My point was that someone's else lame behavior doesnt justify your own, it doesnt matter which thread your talking about.

Why do you care if a thread you hate is locked or not? Is it that hard to simply ignore it? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's supernorn's thread. He posted that picture out of anguish at seeing people start arguing about Doom3 vs. HL2 in his screenshot thread. Make more sense now? He wasn't belittlling anyone anyway.
  • briktalbriktal Join Date: 2003-08-20 Member: 20021Members, Constellation
    Yeah, and norn really wants it locked. Fam should get some pics of the lock.
  • panda_de_malheureuxpanda_de_malheureux Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24775Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->seriously ops...please lock the thread. I dont think I can take the stupidity anymore.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't want to be the citizens police or anything but you can report or ignore it, asking for it to be locked in the thread is not adding anything positive.
  • ChronoChrono Local flyboy Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18989Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-illuminex+Oct 1 2004, 02:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (illuminex @ Oct 1 2004, 02:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Chrono Posted on Oct 1 2004, 04:23 PM
      QUOTE (raz0r @ Oct 1 2004, 01:39 PM)
    QUOTE (Chrono @ Oct 1 2004, 10:37 PM)
    i still dont like the lighting in hl2 it seems alot worse then doom3's lighting hopefully later on a mod team might be able to improve the lighting system in the game 

Honestly, when are you going to notice these small little lighting issues.

I honestly don't care if the shadow is slightly mis-aligned, it's the gameplay that's important(ok, graphics to a degree) 

well frankly if they put all that effort into making the phsyics so realistic youd think they could improve the shadows? i mean come on every shadow on characters point in the same direction 
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

After playing Doom III for a bit, I wasn't all that impressed. Sure, the lighting was definitely good, but I think HL2 hits things that are more important to gameplay than Doom III did.

Like...the game. We hope. Yeah.

Personally, I think HL2 will take the cake from all of the Next-Gen games, because Gameplay wise, it looks like it will definitely win over both games, and have more replayability to it. That's important. Just like original Half Life, HL2 could take more steps graphically, but that's not the most important part of HL games. It's the gameplay and storyline that matters most, something that Valve excels at.

Will Source take down the Doom 3 engine? Eh, who knows. They both have their strong points, and Source, with it's ability to be fully and easily upgraded to DX 10 when it's released, might be able to win in the long run, but who knows?

In any case, I'll definitely be buying HL2, because it will probably be taking the HL formula to the next level. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i wasnt saying hl2 gameplay was bad at all i was actualy saying everything of the source engine is great CEPT the lighting sure its nice but i thought since they put all this other great stuff in i would image they could put some better shadowing and lighting
  • FamFam Diaper-Wearing Dog On A Ball Join Date: 2002-02-17 Member: 222Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    <span style='color:red'>***LOCKED*** - For being rambly and overly handbaggy, and also on request</span>
This discussion has been closed.