Grand Reef Gubernatorial Election

Comments

• ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited November 2016
    Serious question; who do people have such a boner for Reefbacks?

The themes of Cooperation and Cooxistance offer a fantastical alternate reality that American Citizens can escape to in order to avoid the reality that our nation has rejected these principles. That's my theory anyways.

Weaklings.

National Violence Party! *salute*

Truly though, violence has been the reaction typically when regressives don't get their way. Referring to the riots.
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    *Then The Carar Virus Mixes With The X Parasite That Was In My Ships Containment And Then The Entire Ocean Is Doomed*
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited November 2016
    Bonecruncher has been spending a lot of time campaigning and advertising for his party, so Peeper is here to get in on some of that information.

Peeper: You seem to take this very seriously. What motivated you to start spreading more awareness for your party?

Bonecruncher: What motivated me is that I didn't want "peaceful" ideologies sending us down a path of destruction just because we're afraid to see how the ecosystem truly works. You see, with a sorry excuse for an organization an organization like the FMMA, you have someone who knows nothing about our ecosystem coming in and telling us how we ought to run it... Then you have the EPCA backing them up on that notion. It's as though the EPCA don't know the basic fundamentals of ecosystem equilibrium. At its core, nobody gets along, and nobody coexists... That's why predators and prey exist, and it has been that way since the beginning of this ecosystem. To change that would be to change everything nature has already given to us, and likely starving predators in the process. If you're for starting a predator genocide, then go right ahead and vote for EPCA or the Greater Communist Shoal Conglomerate, and when the ecosystem gets overpopulated with plant eating herbivores and there's nothing left to eat, don't expect us to rise from the grave to create equilibrium for you.

Peeper: Many have criticized you for being "too rough" with policy and issues. Care to elaborate?

Bonecruncher: That's because the EPCA has made fish soft. They can't hear the truth anymore or even have a proper discussion. Instead they have protests and endanger environments with invasive species. Foreign aliens don't belong here, they disrupt equilibrium and destroy ecosystems. If nobody else is strong enough to say that, the National Violence Party will be strong in the face of weakness.

Peeper: There have been rumors that you want to create a sort of "confederacy" with those with similar ideologies. Can you confirm this?

Bonecruncher: Yes. If you notice it pretty much divides between two main parties: Those who are for natural order and those who are for public order. Meaning that rather than having an ecosystem, they want an empire for them to rule. And that just isn't the kind of system we have. It's mostly a last resort proposal should the EPCA near election victory. We will see if we can push back.

Peeper: Thank you for having me tonight!
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    *Actualy Sends Out A Scanning Drone To See Everything As It Has The Carar X Parasite Mixture Thing And Its Surviving Perfectly*
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Following Scuba Steve's statements, Bonecruncher was interviewed by Peeper.

"A lot of what he said was pretty much outright fabrication, I mean, I've never heard someone claim such absurd claims. We have proof of his ecological destruction, I can show you before and after pictures.

fvpopeukq96v.jpg

Here is the before picture, taken before Steve was around... Now compare this...

e3ugjm929dpp.jpg

To that. Same spot, slightly different angle, but you get the idea. Even Creepvines aren't safe, just take a look at these ones here:

oyd0odi7t1qq.jpg

Before...

65rxw7iqxic0.jpg

I don't think I need to say more. Regardless, his eco-friendly face is but a facade, a huge exaggeration. And you know why he gathers these materials; its so he can build the things that he needs in order to remove the Aurora and deconstruct it. I mean, I don't know much about his tech, but if doing things faster requires sacrificing a part of the community, a part of the ecosystem, damaging it further... then why would we even bother? We're an ecosystem, not an empire. Our job is to keep it thriving and balanced in equilibrium, not negotiate like some nation, like the Precursors, like these new aliens... like people like Steve. I'm not sure why he's still even running to be perfectly honest. That's why I criticise every group that stands by him; they're turning from maintaining an ecosystem to running a nation... I mean, this talk of "trade" and all this sort of stuff is not part of a natural ecosystem."

Peeper: What do you suggest we do with Steve then?

Bonecruncher:

"He needs to either stay on land or die. He's not a natural part of this ecosystem, and trying to work him around it is far too much work and worry when he can live on an island and leave well enough alone. That's my take. We don't need him, we don't need his help, we just need him to stay out of our way."

Hang on, there are still other plants around!! Besides, Scuba Steve has shown that once he found the means to propagate these plants from pots and planters, he didn't need to scavenge anymore. I contest that these images cannot be used as evidence of Steve's environmental destruction!!

latest?cb=20150320013057

He has made diligent efforts to improve populations of rare plant species like the Sea Crown, with only 4 known specimens existing before his arrival.

Don't believe the lies!!!
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Bonecruncher has been spending a lot of time campaigning and advertising for his party, so Peeper is here to get in on some of that information.

Peeper: You seem to take this very seriously. What motivated you to start spreading more awareness for your party?

Bonecruncher: What motivated me is that I didn't want "peaceful" ideologies sending us down a path of destruction just because we're afraid to see how the ecosystem truly works. You see, with a sorry excuse for an organization an organization like the FMMA, you have someone who knows nothing about our ecosystem coming in and telling us how we ought to run it... Then you have the EPCA backing them up on that notion. It's as though the EPCA don't know the basic fundamentals of ecosystem equilibrium. At its core, nobody gets along, and nobody coexists... That's why predators and prey exist, and it has been that way since the beginning of this ecosystem. To change that would be to change everything nature has already given to us, and likely starving predators in the process. If you're for starting a predator genocide, then go right ahead and vote for EPCA or the Greater Communist Shoal Conglomerate, and when the ecosystem gets overpopulated with plant eating herbivores and there's nothing left to eat, don't expect us to rise from the grave to create equilibrium for you.

Peeper: Many have criticized you for being "too rough" with policy and issues. Care to elaborate?

Bonecruncher: That's because the EPCA has made fish soft. They can't hear the truth anymore or even have a proper discussion. Instead they have protests and endanger environments with invasive species. Foreign aliens don't belong here, they disrupt equilibrium and destroy ecosystems. If nobody else is strong enough to say that, the National Violence Party will be strong in the face of weakness.

Peeper: There have been rumors that you want to create a sort of "confederacy" with those with similar ideologies. Can you confirm this?

Bonecruncher: Yes. If you notice it pretty much divides between two main parties: Those who are for natural order and those who are for public order. Meaning that rather than having an ecosystem, they want an empire for them to rule. And that just isn't the kind of system we have. It's mostly a last resort proposal should the EPCA near election victory. We will see if we can push back.

Hang on a mo- the peeper just got elected president! Well, I'm glad to see she can sit down and have a thought out discussion with what was once her rival party just a few weeks ago.
    *Base Alarms Suddenly Activate Due To A Reactor Containment Breach* Julian: "Oh No. I Thought I Fixed This Yesterday!" *Goes To Fix The Reactor Containment Breach*
    We need to hold the first debate soon in a separate thread.

Hang on a mo- the peeper just got elected president! Well, I'm glad to see she can sit down and have a thought out discussion with what was once her rival party just a few weeks ago.

Ya know more than one Peeper exists. Get that collectivism out of 'ere.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Scuba Steve has been caught muttering 'I really just want to go home' thinking his microphone was off. Scandal!
  • CptFlubberGuppyCptFlubberGuppy Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220214Members

y4ikk59mekck.jpg

This thread made my day, and this image topped it off ahahahahaha

• JoeakuakuJoeakuaku USA Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215614Members
    NVP - vote Reaper, bring enforcement and balance back into the ecosystem!
    I have observed lower numbers of reapers around their places at times, which makes it easier for humans to recover tech from valuable locations!
    Joeakuaku wrote: »
    NVP - vote Reaper, bring enforcement and balance back into the ecosystem!
    I have observed lower numbers of reapers around their places at times, which makes it easier for humans to recover tech from valuable locations!

*an automated message is sent to your email*

Thank you for your vote!

• RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    For every piece of recovered tech the closer the human gets to leaving. That is your end goal, is it not? How many seamoths have the NVP wrecked and left scattered over the ground? How many more will need to be built in order to get the alien home where he belongs? The NVP is directly contributing to the environmental disaster while claiming to be the solution!

The tiger plants wouldn't be necessary if the sandsharks and other members of the NVP didn't continuously try to eat us. We have the right to self defense!

~ reporting live from an interview with a protestor
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    Numbers speak for themselves, EPACA didn't have competition and never will. Also spotted Steve clearing some of those ol' itchy barnacles of my back.

NVP just contributes to pollution with their incessant desire to scatter metal scrap everywhere. EPACA welcomes poor stranded souls of Aurora crash and vows to extends every reasonable courtesy to FMMA in their trying times. As they seek to solve our long standing health problem(which mind you had nothing to do with Aurora crash) and we offer our cooperation and assistance when the times comes for our guests to return home.
    edited November 2016
    Following an unofficial debate between the SAHP, EPCA, and the NVP, Bonecruncher made a few statements:

"After the unofficial debate last night, I am confident in my Party and my own chances as their representative to put on a good debate for people when it officially begins. The EPCA has proven far more cooperative and sensible than the SAHP, at least their representative has proven so.

I still do not agree and fully oppose the full philosophy and ideas of the EPCA. This is not a time for cooperation. It is a time for action. This does not mean that, as an elected representative, that I will not listen to concerns about the ecosystem and dangers thereof, but it does mean that I will not wait for this damn hunk of Aurora garbage to take care of itself. Our actions have probably lessened the work needed by half by the time anyone is even elected... and should I be elected, our full efforts will be put into place, and the sooner begun, the sooner done, is what I say.

Stalkers have been using the metals found in the Safe Shallows and moving them. Should this effort prove to be too cumbersome, it is an easy fix; all metals caused by the crash would be located in one area; Creepvine Forests. Cluttered, but still enough for us Reapers to clear it out, and now that it is all in one place, even if it does become an issue, it is easily removable, rather than having the scraps ruin flora and fauna in the Safe Shallows.

The Aurora will be dismantled and thrown to the depths of the Dropoff.

Concerns about excessive feeding of Bonesharks in the Mountains caused by Reapers is being looked into myself. I will not outlaw or ban the method of hunting, dubbed 'herding' by the SAHP representative, but I will see of its effects on the environment, if there is any. I will not accept any regulation as to how a predator can hunt provided the ecosystem remains balanced."
    Politically quiet for the past few days.
    The time for action is now!

Vote NVP!
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Three days 'till the election ends!
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Politically quiet for the past few days.

Give the candidates some time, Blaze my boy! They're travelling all the way to the Mushroom Biome to continue their campaigns, that's a long ass way! Let them enjoy the ride!
    I've just not had enough time in the day :(
    Three days 'till the election ends!

I demand a recount in votes before the election is official.

Some may have changed their minds about their party of choice.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    So who won? Two days after the elections end and no answer?! What is this planet coming to!
    *Then The Rich Clan Main Airship Crashes Close To My Base*
  • QuillQuickcardQuillQuickcard Deep Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-11-22 Member: 224131Members
    edited November 2016
    Only the Neo-Luddites have the wisdom to lead us into the future. They're anti-technological stance will lead to a better environment, superior evolution, and an end to the hideous alien technology increasingly marring our pristine ocean.

Vote the Crab Squid today!

Oh, and a note to all you Reefback supporters out there.
    Your candidate can't handle the pressure. No wonder he's so SHALLOW.
    Deal. With. Facts.
    edited November 2016
    After counting and considering all of the votes, the winner of this election is.... The Reefback!
    Wait. What? *Has Not Noticed The Rich Clan Main Airship Yet And Has Fixed The Reactor*
    After counting and considering all of the votes, the winner of this election is.... The Reefback!

WI'll there be no recount?
  • QuillQuickcardQuillQuickcard Deep Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-11-22 Member: 224131Members
    We may need a recount. I have come across some deeply troubling evidence that the Reefback is actually in cahoots with demonic forces.

nl74oq0gs6j6.png

This is an image I took today in the game Hellgate: London. This creature floats elegantly in the sky, a minion of the invading demon hordes.

We await your explanation, Reefback.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Oh dear...

Another case of 'Voter's Remorse'?

Four years from now, you might want to tick the box marked 'Benevolent Android Party'.

Alexander Selkirk's the man for the job.
    • Two lifetimes of experience.
    • Decisive, not divisive.
    • Ecologically friendly.
    • 'Big Stick' Diplomacy a specialty.

Vote BAP. We know which side our bread's buttered on. ;)
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    Oh dear...

Another case of 'Voter's Remorse'?

Four years from now, you might want to tick the box marked 'Benevolent Android Party'.

Alexander Selkirk's the man for the job.
    • Two lifetimes of experience.
    • Decisive, not divisive.
    • Ecologically friendly.
    • 'Big Stick' Diplomacy a specialty.

Vote BAP. We know which side our bread's buttered on. ;)

But didn't Selkirk also cause the destruction of the jelly shroom caves when he was fired at by space ships.

Let's not also forget he tried to commence a biological attack against the sea emperor / empress

(Why didn't we create a royal monarch party now to think of it)