Coop or multiplayer in Subnautica? I'm afraid not.

Comments

• UrusoUruso Join Date: 2016-11-16 Member: 223928Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »

They never said it would happen, it was always a maybe,
    it was your fault if you took it as a yes.

I asked you to have compassion for those who thought they could share it with their friends, not whose fault it is. If you actually read what I wrote, I said that even though it wasn't falling in line with the reason I bought it that it was and is worth it to me.

I am not asking for a refund.

I asked for compassion for those who do, because like my friends, they may have purchased it on the recommendation and insistence from a friend.

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited November 2016
    I do get where you're coming from, but might I ask why your friends have "each wasted $20" when "they've barely touched the game"? If it worked out for you to enjoy the game as singleplayer, why wouldn't it for them? The game's still what they would have been playing.
  • UrusoUruso Join Date: 2016-11-16 Member: 223928Members
    They don't usually play survival builder games. One prefers shooters like Overwatch and the other tends to gravitate towards puzzle games like King's Quest.

There is no accounting for taste I know, but they're my friends so what can I do? =P
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Tell them to play the game for a few hours and actually broaden their horizons.
    B)
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Uruso wrote: »
    They don't usually play survival builder games. One prefers shooters like Overwatch and the other tends to gravitate towards puzzle games like King's Quest.

There is no accounting for taste I know, but they're my friends so what can I do? =P

Well, the puzzle fan might still like Subnautica. Better to let 'em wait a little longer until release when the story can be played through. As a puzzle/adventure fan myself, I find Subnautica to have good appeal in that regard. I don't know for the shooter fan since Subnautica is a little more on the stealth-and-run side and not as pick-up-and-play as shooters tend to be (I can see how multiplayer would've been beneficial here). Best I can say, and it isn't very good, is that if they've got it already, they might as well give it a go.
  • WiggsP5WiggsP5 Join Date: 2016-10-29 Member: 223456Members
    Subnautica: 2
    With multiplayer probably start 2020 idk
  • ViP3RViP3R In the Deep Sea Join Date: 2016-03-03 Member: 213777Members
    Needs CO-OP at least i played 100s of hrs in Subnautica. then i have go play a co-op game with my mates i.e The forest or Ark / Or Osiris: New Dawn but wish we could play this in co-op not really bothered about full multiplayer wish you guys could do something !!!!!
  • QuillQuickcardQuillQuickcard Deep Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-11-22 Member: 224131Members
    edited November 2016
    I'm fine with it. Good on you devs for creating a beautiful game.

Never went into this wanting or expecting multiplayer.
    edited November 2016
    ViP3R wrote: »
    Needs CO-OP at least I played 100s of hrs. in Subnautica. then I have go play a co-op game with my mates i.e. The forest or Ark / Or Osiris: New Dawn but wish we could play this in co-op not really bothered about full multiplayer wish you guys could do something !!!!!

What part of this being a "SOLE SURVIVOR" type of game, has escaped you?

Perhaps the word SOLE has confused you?

In this particular instance, it means exactly ONE (1)..., not the type of fish that is particularly flat, nor the bottom of ones foot.

/sarcasm ... or not.
    B)
  • ViP3RViP3R In the Deep Sea Join Date: 2016-03-03 Member: 213777Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Needs CO-OP at least I played 100s of hrs. in Subnautica. then I have go play a co-op game with my mates i.e. The forest or Ark / Or Osiris: New Dawn but wish we could play this in co-op not really bothered about full multiplayer wish you guys could do something !!!!!

In this particular instance, it means exactly ONE (1)..., not the type of fish that is particularly flat, nor the bottom of ones foot.

/sarcasm ... or not.
    B)

Sarcasm ha

here we go internet troll is out are we not allowed to propose something to the developers i work in the gaming industry and iam in a big community which we have lots players who are turned away from this because it's single player game

i apologize if iam out of order to say something i think would increase the game's flavor and more playerbase and more likely increase revenue for the company

/sarcasm\
    edited November 2016

/sarcasm ... or not.
    B)

Sarcasm ha

here we go internet troll is out are we not allowed to propose something to the developers i work in the gaming industry and iam in a big community which we have lots players who are turned away from this because it's single player game

i apologize if iam out of order to say something i think would increase the game's flavor and more playerbase and more likely increase revenue for the company

/sarcasm\

Actually, the "Trolls" would be the ones who keep asking for something that the Dev's have already said on a number of occasions, is NOT going to happen.

And if you really do "work in the gaming industry" then you of all people should understand that when the creators of a game say that something is not possible and is not going to happen, then there's not much sense in players continually asking for it, and doing so IS considered "Trolling".

/No sarcasm intended
    B)
  • dejavu4youdejavu4you UK Join Date: 2016-12-06 Member: 224614Members
    Gorgeous game! good job.
    A lot of people love this game but we need something more just for a start.
    U say "not yet multiplayer"...
    What about if u add option file path to the global-objects.bin and we use that like co-op?
    Yes ik we not be able seen each other but we can start build together.
    I modded like that ready but command gamereset not help to get visible changes.
    When i build something and use save option and second player use the same save option after me then i lost my progress.
    Can u try add option to the file path global-objects.bin and set some command to not lost progress after second save option?
    We can use lan or hamachi for set folder multiplayer and afret that i think not much ppl ask about co-op.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    Uruso wrote: »
    They've barely touched the game, just patiently waiting for co-op and now I have to go tell them that it will never happen and they've owned the game far too long to hope to get a refund. This isn't a game they would normally buy and they each wasted $20 because of my recommendation based on what the Devs said.

Since what the devs actually very clearly said was that mp was at best possible but in no way guaranteed, your friends should steal some of your shit and sell it to recoup their losses.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    is there any reason this is on the second page when it says it has a floater attached?
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    edited December 2016
    Flayra wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We've been getting tons and tons of questions and requests about whether we're going to add multiplayer to Subnautica or not.

Back in our early prototypes we always had multiplayer in the back of our mind. But we had so much to learn about the game, multiplayer was never a priority. Eventually we hit early access and now it would take many man-years to add any kind of multiplayer to Subnautica. We don't want to spend years more working on Subnautica before v1.0, so we sadly have come to terms with the fact that we won't be adding any kind of multiplayer or coop to the game.

Maybe one day we'll start over on a different engine and make a new Subnautica game based around coop. A game where one person is piloting the sub, another person is poring over readouts and computers, another is repairing the engines and yet another is radioing for help in a dark biome, where their Seamoth is almost out of juice. We would love to play that game.

But until then, we're going to finish up Subnautica the way it was meant to be: one person trying to survive in in a massive, dangerous, beautiful, alien world.

Which part of this, is so hard to grasp? You "people" are literally asking for a thing that the first post in this topic clearly states you are NOT going to get. No where on steam did it EVER imply or state that there is/will be multiplayer. If there is one refund people should ask for... is for their brain or eye balls, take your pick.
  • OPGGOPGG Join Date: 2016-12-18 Member: 225103Members
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Co-op or multiplayer in Subnautica?
    d454xyy5thf1.jpg

edited December 2016
    OPGG wrote: »

Unless you're offering a Half Million Dollars (or perhaps even more), what you want isn't in the cards.

But of course, if you had actually read EVEN JUST ONE of the Dev responses included in this thread, you wouldn't have made yourself look rather foolish with that post.
    B)
  • GRAW2ROBZGRAW2ROBZ Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225373Members
    edited December 2016
    Its probably best its single player. Other wise it be like other multiplayer games like ARK. Once you sign off, your robbed and killed and bases destroyed. Silver is rare now. Can you imagine if more players scavenging materials? Also the game crashes a lot the way it is and the recent update has so much lag. Multiplayer probably be unplayable. Co-op would of been cool being on same team. But sounds like a lot of years to get it going. Or another team.

• AkeGamesYTAkeGamesYT Join Date: 2017-01-01 Member: 225855Members
    That is the wortest idea that i read,the director and the pople how create the game is no the people how add new things or ideas,the people how play the game is.if the game could have multiplayer and u know that u are going to up in the top of games and with that win more money that is the object u can say nothing about what people wnat with the game because the people is going to play and spend money no you.

PD:sorry of my english i am spanish and i am learning
  • GARhenusGARhenus Philippines Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226088Members
    If this goes coop all biomes right next to safe shallows will be stripped clean of resources in no time and there won't be a lot of reason to keep going back to those areas unless you made your base there.
  • AppalaxisAppalaxis South Africa Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226025Members
    *drops a 2c*

Never knew the devs had co-op as a possibility in mind for the game, so no skin off my back for the game only being single player. I prefer it the way it is anyhow.

Having said that... The message that appears when first entering the Cyclops hints at it being operated by more than one person.
    Warning: the cyclops is designed to be operated by a three-person crew. Only experienced helms-people should attempt to pilot this vehicle solo.

When I saw this message pop up, I figured wow! Wouldn't that be great to have a team man this vehicle! One at the helm, another using a scanner for navigating and collision prevention and possibly the third in the engine bay...you know, to keep things running smoothly.

Maybe the devs have this in mind for the future? Could be that we will find other survivors (AI)? Who knows...

For now, I will appreciate the great game the devs have developed.
  • chill8chill8 Sweden Join Date: 2017-01-08 Member: 226363Members
    Heya all!
    Awsome single player game!!! This game would ofcourse shine even more with multiplayer or co-op as an future expansion set in a procedural option for a huge sandbox world.

I was so occupied exploring and build in the beginning until i got my sub and prawn suit. Then everything got so much easier. I did not felt so scared anymore and my life in the abyss felt more lonely.

So here it would be time to add some refreshing ideas...

1. Can you add so we can find music DISC's in the vareys wrechs and pods like we find DATA pad's. You can then attach this DISC's to your sub, prawn or seamoth somehow or even have to build a DISC player of some kind to choose and listen to music like in GTA kinda but no radio. The ingame music is nice but sometimes I would love some rock'n roll entering and harvesting the lonelyness in the black abyss.

2. At some point in the later game when u unlocked all mods for the prawn for example, one random day or night on that DISC player you built that also have some kind of reciever you here some faint bladder... sounds like someone is trying to transmit a message or calling for aid or just like to get a response if someone else is out there... You imediately have to find a way to build a device that amplifies the transmit on that same location you heard it... You will then hear the transmit better and you recieve an assumed location deep deep beyond imagination how the hell the signal would come that deep and someone can live that deep?!.

The MK3 upgrade on that PRAWN will do it.. it must.. or will it not? maby something even more badass... I dunno. But you will find someone alive down there... someone that will accept your friendship and follow you ofcourse. You know have a companion even though its an AI. You will probably feel close to that "thing/person" because you worked hard for it to get to it... And the life will continue but you now have someone with you and life will maby feel less lonely... what it can do....? i dunno...! maby you can send it away on harvest missions or handle your farming at home base... The more it can do the better... I might also have new information of the world that deep... how did it survive or end up that deep?

Maby that distress transmit was nothing... a Pod or Shipwreck pretty intact however still sending a message on repeat... unfornunately you where to late to help...

3. Fix the laggy areas please! They show up at later game and are all arround the Geysers and Mushroom biome...

Keep up the good work!!

Over and out
    Chillax

• SeekerOfDarknessXIIISeekerOfDarknessXIII Planet 4546B Join Date: 2016-07-22 Member: 220573Members
    Yeah, kinda upset because I got this with the expectation of multiplayer. I mean I'm glad I got it either way, because even before implementing the lava zones and lost river I've still yet to thoroughly explore everything (mostly because I'm pretty sure I'd piss myself if I went into the darker depths, and I don't have a stillsuit on right now.)

That said, maybe, after Subnautica is said and done with, there could be a form of sequel where an actual small-time colonization effort takes place, what with there now being a survivor who can tell them what to expect on the planet, only they land on another part of the planet. Of course, if everything we see is all of Planet-4546b, that idea can be scrapped.
  • NotofthiswarNotofthiswar Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227725Members
    Well This is Bull Crap......I bought this game because it was said to go into Co-op at the very least and I have strongly been waiting on that so i could play the game and actually enjoy it.
    Do Not get me wrong I have played it but it becomes very very boring. I can not play Single player games and enjoy it with no challenge. Survival games are only fun with a friend without that they are just trash. Sigh Now Id like to honestly ask for my $20 back so I can go buy something more worth its while that I can play with my friend
    edited February 2017
    You bought a Survival game still in BETA, and had such grand expectations that now after playing Completely Through it, you want your money back...

Good Luck with that.

Also, it quite clearly states in the STEAM description that this is a SINGLE PERSON game.

smh
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    You bought a Survival game still in BETA, and had such grand expectations that now after playing Completely Through it, you want your money back...

Good Luck with that.

Also, it quite clearly states in the STEAM description that this is a SINGLE PERSON game.

smh

In his defense, in the STEAM description, it also says that Subnautica is a Multiplayer.

Someone really needs to change that.

And in regards to @Notofthiswar, single player works so much better with this game, being the sole survivor and such.

I would be careful on throwing around statements like "Survival games are only fun with a friend without that they are just trash." This just makes you sound extremely ungrateful for a game that is most definitely worth your time. A veritable "bang for your buck."

Multiplayer is not the make or break of all survival games. If anything, multiplayer creates a lot more problems and criticisms of a game than one that doesn't.
    edited February 2017
    It does not say in the description that it is a Multiplayer, that is listed as one of the TAGS that other STEAM users can add.
    The actual description says it is a SINGLE PLAYER, SURVIVAL GAME.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited February 2017
    It does not say in the description that it is a Multiplayer, that is listed as one of the TAGS that other STEAM users can add.
    The actual description says it is a SINGLE PLAYER, SURVIVAL GAME.

Ah, my mistake, I thought the STEAM description was the same thing as the tags.

Then yes, his expectations do seem odd.