'BOREALIS RISING' - A Subnautica Story V2.0.

Comments

• sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Honestly, most of the words were very obvious from context, i.e someone reffering to someone they have expressed obvious disdain for as something means that is is probably some sort of casual insult.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited June 2016
    ... and when Selkirk tells the Colonists about the Father of Tides and teaches them how to talk to the Warpers...

Excuse me...

***FANGIRL SQUEAL!***

I love this story so much!
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    edited June 2016
    So Warper language is almost like an interpretive dance... fascinating. They also have names for creatures, like the sea emperor being The Father of Tides. Would you mind if I could have a list of creature/object/plant names in warper language?
  • lorcogothlorcogoth belgium Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207943Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    Hmm. This sounds like it might need to be a separate side-project, rather than something I can incorporate into the story.

I'll see what I can do. Bear in mind, Selkirk has pointed out that the Warper vocabulary is unusually limited.
    Their language relies more on emotions, gestures and the tonal patterns on Warper mantles than actual words.

it would make sense that they still have names for different creatures like naming the reaper "roaring menace" or something like that.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Okay.

One custom-designed alien language is considered an 'extra'. It's gonna cost ya.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    Okay.

One custom-designed alien language is considered an 'extra'. It's gonna cost ya.

We'll do anything!!!!

• Silver_EssenceSilver_Essence Burnt river, Ontario, Canada Join Date: 2016-06-28 Member: 219268Members
    @Bugzapper I just read all of this story not knowing there was another one before it. Well not right away that is! Keep up the amazing story and I'm going to start reading the first part now.
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    And my question from all those pages ago have now been answered lol.
  • TheCreeperCowTheCreeperCow Netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216716Members
    finaly a new post i was waiting

keep it up bug
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    One contact, directly ahead at 500 metres range. Carrie. Ahab's missus.

Oooh, crap.
  • _Quack_Quack__Quack_Quack_ A pond Join Date: 2016-06-08 Member: 218294Members
    Well good to know that the reapers are back, always there to play with Selkirk.
    Also jumping the gun a little but, will we get an explanation as to why the Reapers are learning new tactics for hunting?
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Huh, I guessed the Reaper Leviathans were a long-lived species but it's still nice to see that the ones we've seen before are still around. I wonder how many children Ahab and Carrie had together.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    Also jumping the gun a little but, will we get an explanation as to why the Reapers are learning new tactics for hunting?

I think it's just because the reapers are intelligent enough to know that their old tactics against Selkirk we're not working so they decided to try something else. Ahab and Carrie are still really pissed about Selkirk interrupting their intimacy earlier I guess.
    I think it's just because the reapers are intelligent enough to know that their old tactics against Selkirk we're not working so they decided to try something else. Ahab and Carrie are still really pissed about Selkirk interrupting their intimacy earlier I guess.

but then why is Binky there?
    I smell a conspiracy...
    Its a families first hunting trip isn't that cute.
    (read scary as all hell)
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I wonder why they're suddenly attacking? Selkirk said at the end of the last story that he had been given the closest thing to diplomatic immunity by the Sea Emperor and that the Reapers let him pass unharmed through their territories.
  • _Quack_Quack__Quack_Quack_ A pond Join Date: 2016-06-08 Member: 218294Members

Yeah that makes sense.
    This would be terrifying if this happened in game, i would never go the the island again.