NS2 Promotional Match Featuring TotalBiscuit & Angry Joe

ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & QA Lead, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,993 admin
Hi server ops!

Sometime early next week, you may notice a large influx of new and returning players to NS2. This is due to the Polaris Youtube Network's 'Civil War' series, where lots of big-name Youtubers play indie games. Next week, NS2:TotalBiscuit Vs Angry Joe will air on it's channel. Most youtuber participants will also put up their own perspectives on their channels, potentially having hundreds of thousands if not millions of views. The matches have already taken place on the latest build 276, so we're in a great position of having them played the best version of NS2 possible.

We believe this will cause a lot of people to try, or have another go at NS2. This of course means a chance there will be a LOT of green newbies around! We NEED to try and keep hold of these greens to re-invigorate the community. As the CDT, we've implemented the tutorial as a requirement before being able to play on servers & introduced the new fast-load system which was one of the key issues people had when first loading the game. We would ask Server Ops to encourage their communities to help and keep these new players with kindness and server moderation.

As you can tell, this is potentially a great boon for NS2. It's your communities that have kept NS2 going as much as us continuing to develop NS2. Together we can take NS2 to new heights.

Thanks for running your NS2 servers, and best of luck for next week! :)

-Obraxis

If NS2 fails, follow my Nuke From Orbit Guide.

NS2 Discord: https://discord.gg/0TKQwZWu7JEPeAgW

Subnautica Discord: https://discord.gg/subnautica

NordicMaxAmustallhotblondephoenixbbsMcGlaspieBlrgNominousSantaClawsYaluzanLegend_BossSupaFredDC_DarklingDecoyRedDogZEROibis

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,243 Advanced user
    This is great news!

Remember to all the veterans out there, be patient with rookies, don't succumb to anger, we were all rookies too once, rookies of today are tomorrows vets.

If we scare away the population there will be no one left to teach and have fun with.
    Today's rookies are tomorrow's vets.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

George Carlin.
    McGlaspie
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 563 Advanced user
    Time to warm up the gorge /stretch

ENSL.org Ns2 League Ref/Caster -- Natural Selection 2 Playtester -- How to kill a fade East's One Man Wrecking Band My Twitch.tv Channel
    Yojimbo
  • princessprincess Yaaar! Bristol Join Date: 2004-09-11 Member: 31605Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester Posts: 532 Fully active user
    O rly.
    YO | prinny
    yoclan.co.uk
    YO Clan NS2: 85.236.101.65:27015
    image I'm a twit
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 940 Advanced user
    perfect signature for this comment @MaxAmus
    return to zero
  • YaluzanYaluzan Join Date: 2013-07-30 Member: 186474Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 53 Advanced user
    I'll try to keep our guys in check :smile:
    ensl.org Head Admin, can contact for anything NSL related.
  • VindalooVindaloo Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174127Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 63 Fully active user
    Do we have enough good public servers for this? I can't tell what kind of influx is expected here.
    Hottest Chicken Around, Caster and NSL Ref
    Updates: Twitter
    Live casts and VODs: TwitchTV
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & QA Lead, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,993 admin
    Vindaloo wrote: »
    Do we have enough good public servers for this? I can't tell what kind of influx is expected here.

According to Steam Charts, Chivalry improved their playerbase by +29.33%. Awesomenauts by +2.22%. I suspect ours will be somewhere closer to Chivalry, so I think we should be OK in terms of servers. I hope. :smile:

Nordic
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members Posts: 492 Advanced user
    I will do my best elder gorge
  • Dean0Dean0 Germany Join Date: 2015-10-01 Member: 208253Members Posts: 7 Fully active user
    ouh yeah, i get the HavanaClub Server running for that! :wink:
  • Dean0Dean0 Germany Join Date: 2015-10-01 Member: 208253Members Posts: 7 Fully active user
    btw. where is the official announcement for that? i cant find...
  • zastelszastels Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23731Members Posts: 397 Advanced user
    I will offer my full commitment to this event, I want nothing but good things for NS2 so I will be present and supportive, and I'll shower the noobies with love. Buiscuit and Joe are some of my favourite personalities, it'll be like Christmas!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    It was in some video by Lord Commander Angry Joe, his Angry Army will be challenging the battalions of Captain Biscuit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEjR7R2W99g

2:22 NS2 footage :D

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" AdminModerator

Existence Unknown

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly
    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue
    102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting | Play the Latest Version of Booster Z-Frame
    YouTube NS2 Playlists: Unusual Selection | NS2 Stuff | NS2PT | NS2 Tuts

• ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 438 Advanced user
    bah a week after we move and close server down :( i could have been hosting 6 extra servers.
    IPB Image Constellation - a great source of income :> http://www.netplanet.co.nz/ns/
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & QA Lead, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,993 admin
    Hi guys, just an update on the 'Polaris At War' situation.

We expected the matches to go LIVE on Youtube this week as we were informed, but they did not. We contacted Polaris for clarification and they said they are now scheduled for Wednesday 4th of November.

Once again, we ask that you inform your communities and welcome the possible horde of new greens we may receive! This could be HUGE for NS2.

Thanks for running your NS2 servers!

-Obraxis

Saffron_bakerSupaFredNordicDean0
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,689 Advanced user
    Good thing. I was thinking the 5% gain we have had is lower than I expected. It must of been from the patch only.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.