Crashing launching or playing Subnautica? -- READ ME FIRST! --

12346»

Comments

• FleursFleurs France Join Date: 2017-02-18 Member: 228025Members
    Now my game is often crashing randomly, making my graphic card driver to crash, and i have to restart the computer to play again.
    I use the -force-dx11 to play, because otherwise, my saved game was crashing 100% of the time when loading up.

The files you requested:

Some additional files from a earlier crash too, i do make a new post to separate both error.log and their respective outputlog.txt from each other, since they are not from the same crash

Can a dev tell me if i can do something on my side, or if there is somethings you will fix, and i just have to wait?
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Are you playing a new game started since the "Infected" update or an old one from prior to that?

And have you tried deleting the two files from 0x6A7232's Help/suggestions Thread?

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/146057/an-updated-cache-clearing-guide-v3-fix-crashes-lag-stuttering-and-fix-saves-that-dont-update/p1

B)
    Yes, new game since last update, and no, haven't cleaned these folder, for two reason, first, i'm not sure it will fix the problem, but it will make all ressource respawn, second is, i could even have this problem on a new game, and this is, i think, somethings related to graphical or unity engine or somethings like this, because it make my gpu drivers crash too.
    What's so terrible about the resources coming back?
    B)
    It make the game easier, and it is not intended to be played that way. (otherwise, devs would have make them respawn)
    edited March 2017
    Fleurs wrote: »
    It make the game easier, and it is not intended to be played that way. (otherwise, devs would have make them respawn)

Actually, the chunks of metal from the Arora respawn all over the place in the game, just not the ones found lying in the shallows, nor twice in the same place.

They also made almost all of the Fauna respawn, a couple of updates ago.

The Flora is so abundant that it doesn't really need to respawn, but technically, we can plant and regrow most of the types that we require for the fabricator.

The only thing that appears not to respawn at the moment are the Crystals, but they are found in just about every biome, so there's little chance of running out.

So apparently, the game IS intended to be played that way, just not at the rapid pace that clearing the cashes provides.
    B)
  • MoralisMoralis Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226609Members
    I would love to give you Logs, but something happened to my game files. the only file under my subnautica game on my main C Drive, is Unity. That is it, it seems my entire progress and everything was wiped, Its a shame, this is one of my all time favorite games and you guys are wonderful designers, but as of right now even uninstalling and re-installing stuff like this keeps happening, and i actually cant even get the game working properly for more than 8 hours. and my PC is very up to date and is not my problem. Hope to see this stuff fixed. Wonderful game.
  • CoakarianCoakarian Join Date: 2017-03-28 Member: 229253Members
    Well to be honest i'm getting tired of replaying the start of this game over and over. Every time there is an update there is a bug that breaks an entire save or just shuts down the game. Since the latest update i play on average the first 20 mins of the start of game then it CTD (Crash to Desktop) without any error or warning so there is no error code for me to post here. Almost sorry i "paid" for this game as early access, been a miserable and tiresome experience.
  • carltoncarlton Join Date: 2017-05-25 Member: 230742Members
    edited May 2017
    I've had nothing but crashes since yesterday. It's all a memory leak.
    New game.. old save.. creative... survival... Both in and out of VR.
    I've had a total of 12 hours in and now it's constant crashes.

I really really really want to keep playing.

Is posting here and attaching my log files even worth it? Or should I wait until the next patch? I dont see too many dev replies in this section...

Thanks. And please fix it so I can go back in and finish out my base...

Oh yeah.. GTX980Ti.... 16 GB RAM.... i5 6770(something or other..) I forget. Plenty to run this game. Medium settings. Win 10 64bit
  • prattableprattable Join Date: 2017-05-30 Member: 230832Members
    Constant crashing every 5 minutes or so. This crashing started about 8 months ago and has kept me from playing for a while and has gotten worse recently.
    CPU: AMD FX-8350
    GPU: Radeon R9 280X
    RAM: 16 GB
  • ClearYourCacheClearYourCache here Join Date: 2017-07-15 Member: 231847Members
  • JugnauticaJugnautica Join Date: 2017-07-23 Member: 231992Members
    I don't get any crashes but the Game is lagging extremely hard, framedrops to 5 FPS! My PC isn't the problem, I run BF1 at 2K Ultra 120+ FPS.
    What can I do except deleting the log files? This hasn't helped atall!
    I'm desperate, this game is so beautiful but the laggs make it impossible to enjoy.
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    A speckled​ rattler made my game crash when I stepped on it
  • Fixxer182Fixxer182 Germany Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223822Members
    I have a really good pc but the framedrops and the framerate is so bad... i think that the framerate get more worse with every update.

At firtst my PC-SetuP

CPU: Ryzen7 1700 @3,2Ghz (all Cores)
    GPU: Nvidea GTX 1080Ti
    RAM: G.Skill Tridenz RGB @3200Mhz 16GB
    SSD: Samsung 840 128GB

So my Setup is not the problem.
    The Save Game is a new one (60minutes playtime)

In the mainmenu i have stabil 144fps. I think that's the limit...
    If i start the Game i have around 90 - 120fps.
    After i swim some minutes around i get the first framedrops to round about 50fps and than back to 90fps.

Now after 60minutes i have swim only in the start BIO i get 11fps!
    What's wrong with this Game?

Release is at this month, but if the performace will be continue so bad its not playable at release on High-End-Systems!

All other Games runs very fine and stabil, only Subnautica have so many performance problems....

I hope the developers will work on the performance asap.

• GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    What fish did you move?

All of them. I had nearly every non-edible fish that you can get into a containment unit, perhaps all but I don't know the entire list of what you can get eggs for.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2018
    Got some more crash logs and dumps, the game is getting more and more unstable. With just one relatively small base and a small scanner base, a Seamoth and a Cyclops

Crash reports from launch up until now, enjoy :tongue:

• MarquizMarquiz Poland Join Date: 2018-04-12 Member: 240007Members
    Unfortunatly I'm suffering from pretty often crasher and also screen flickering (happens after 10+ minutes of gameplay) ;(
    Here are few of my crash logs.
  • Paul_KauphartPaul_Kauphart Join Date: 2018-04-08 Member: 239904Members
    Hello, I will be posting my crash reports in the report section as soon as I'm allowed to create a new topic.

Bye
  • JadedHonkyJadedHonky AGalaxyFarFarAway Join Date: 2018-12-15 Member: 245749Members
    So my drivers are up to date and my pc meets the requirements for the game but every time I jump on an island or go near and island the game crashes while playing the free version available on the epic games store. I love the game but if I can't go on land to continue the story or find materials I might as well wait for an update because I'm stuck where I'm at not able to do anything because the game crashing everything I swim towards land.
  • BoomikBoomik Join Date: 2019-01-04 Member: 248046Members
    What happens if I clear my saved cache? I’ve been lagging and crashing a lot, so if I clear my cache, does it delete all resources on the ground (quarts, chunks, metal salvage, etc)?
  • afmpdxafmpdx Portland, Oregon Join Date: 2019-02-13 Member: 250883Members
    First post, new to the forum. Working out how to submit crash reports. iMac 27", late 2015. Below Zero was playing perfectly until I upgraded to Mojave. Now it crashes constantly, sometimes causing my iMac to restart.
  • afmpdxafmpdx Portland, Oregon Join Date: 2019-02-13 Member: 250883Members
  • MarkJohnsonMarkJohnson Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245346Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Subnautica is currently in Early Access and as such you may from time to time encounter bugs and in the worst case, crashes.

We have a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide here:

iXSYPkA.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=448862051

Please follow the Entire Thing and if you're still having issues, please reffer to the 'Log files' section and send us your log files.

Thanks!

Ironically there is no "Log Files" section in the guide.
  • SubnauticfanSubnauticfan Join Date: 2021-01-17 Member: 266942Members
    edited February 2021
    @Obraxis you got a minute?
    [waits 6 days]
    Guess that is a no