ns2_mineral

191011121315»

Comments

• MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited March 2016
    I do agree to some extant with what @Mephilles said. Already raised that concern at the time the room was being built.
    The easy fix would be to remove the rocks at the bottom and make it a deathpit. That would explain all the scaffoldings lore-wise.
    But then again, maybe keep Meph's suggestion in mind for later MasterG, as you should keep on detailing the rest of the rooms left to detail focusing on gameplay first.
    Just so you guys know, I also mentionned to MasterG in private that there were some inconsistencies in the style of lighting throughout the map. But since that is not a priority, I guess he'll get at it once everything else is done.

If you guys have seen something bothering you gameplay-wise, you should say so before the map is finished.
    Vents good ? navigation ? walljumping okay ? stuckspots ? shitty movement in some areas ? etc etc. anything..
    Except the piece of glass next to the Storage RT, we haven't heard of anything bothering people.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Well the only thing I was wondering if the connection between pump control and pump station really widened (if yes then not by much). I'd still say it is a choke point.

Not sure if the best idea but a vent as shown in the pictures might solve this
    5e4b11e5c7.jpg
    9086b3a5ab.jpg
    mad paint skills btw

Feedback came from @Kasharic and me btw.
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2016
    Wouldn't call it widened tbh, more "opened up a bit". And you are right, it was not much. I can post comparison screens later some time. I really like the vent idea. It would be easy to implement and test, and makes more sense now that the LoS into Station is longer than it used to from certain angles. At least now the entrance can fit more than one onos.

About visuals all the ideas and suggestions are appreciated, but like MV said I need to focus on detailing all the "untouched" areas as well as any gameplay issues that could be of concern.
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    Mephilles wrote: »
    Landing Bay (I guess you know why)

I guess you mean loading bay here? And because it has barely been touched with any detail? If not I do not know what you mean.

I have been putting work into detailing Loading the last few days. It's coming along but I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with walls there. I will put in a couple on it today as well, possibly stream it. Check my twitter (@gmfbst) for info when I start.
    Mephilles wrote: »
    For example in Drill Site the liquid stuff is mined and is somehow transported to mineral processing (I guess). So you could show pipes and storage tanks for the liquid resource behind the scaffolding.

There is already the pipeline going through that room, as well as other rooms, plus the structure that is supposed to be the pump(needs a rework imo). And since it is the pump station I feel like having storage tanks would be weird. However I sort of agree about the gratings, but something like it is needed to limit the playable area and not create too much useless space. Putting something behind it, that makes sense would probably be good though. Just need to figure out what that would be. I also like the idea of a death pit, so I'll put some thought into that as well.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    also is there collision geo infront of the pump control/break room vent exit (the vent leading to storage)? It feels like I get stuck on an invisible wall at that area
    edited April 2016
    Noted, I'll look into it. Could be that I forgot to move something when I did some edits in that area! Thanks for letting me know.

Edit;

Does this seem like the correct way to do things?

fucollisiongeo01.jpg
    Workshop version of the map is updated to 4.01

Basically just fixes the collision mistake that @Mephilles found! Thanks for notifying me!