Build 261 now live on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited December 2013
    got stuck under a train of arcs as a gorgie :(

also, server side tick rates seem to be lower and jumpy (27-15 in one second)
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    RapGod wrote: »

It's been like that for ages, you can get stuck with any lifeform (except onos, maybe?) when ARCs are moving "into" you.

• BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    MrFangs wrote: »
    RapGod wrote: »

It's been like that for ages, you can get stuck with any lifeform (except onos, maybe?) when ARCs are moving "into" you.

It sucks when it happens as a fade :(
    oh, this was my first experience of having arcs on top of me and be completely stuck as more run over me... gorges aren't bumps :(
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    This is nothing new. Unfortunately a good fix requires something else to be fixed first.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Flashlights now shine through walls! I can now spot mareins on certain maps if they are shining their flashlights and looking into a wall where i am conveniently sitting in a vent.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I can see people phasing in areas I have no vision of. That is, I can see the phase flash effect similar to seeing clogs being placed. Pretty sure couldn't see it before.
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    Flashlights now shine through walls! I can now spot mareins on certain maps if they are shining their flashlights and looking into a wall where i am conveniently sitting in a vent.

I seen it!

• The_RangerThe_Ranger So.Cali Join Date: 2003-01-27 Member: 12800Members, Constellation, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Seen after I is always wrong.

That being said: that'll teach people to turn off their flashlight.
    edited December 2013
    The_Ranger wrote: »
    Seen after I is always wrong.

That being said: that'll teach people to turn off their flashlight.

it was an expression (get out more), but thanks for the elementary grammar lesson.

and don't make me be a grammar Nazi, I'd fix your post too!
  • DarkOmenDarkOmen Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7148Members
    Late to the party, but...
    DarkflameQ wrote: »
    Your rifle is jammed, please buy the gun unjam DLC for only $9.99!
    Naa man, make it a season pass!
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    DarkOmen wrote: »
    Late to the party, but...
    DarkflameQ wrote: »
    Your rifle is jammed, please buy the gun unjam DLC for only $9.99!
    Naa man, make it a season pass!

You must be from EA
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester

This happened in previous builds.
    joshhh wrote: »

so its a feature!
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Marines "look into a wall"? .... I'd be more worried about that lol
    alien nanites. dammit.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I tend to get random huge fps drops in this build for what feels like 15-30 seconds. Will try use profile and identify the cause.
    Doesn't look like the problem is on my end, as nothing changed for me since 260.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I was too fast with the praises ;) The start hitching when firing the lmg is gone, but I still have a lot of other occasions when I lag 1-3secs. For example if the first mine explodes etc. Then again, after loading a map it takes me around a minute to load the textures and playing during that process is close to ingame suicide performance wise.

If I loaded already summit and the server switches to - let's say - veil, why do I have to load every single texture again? Wouldn't it be possible to skip textures that summit and veil have in common to speed up the process? Without an SSD it seems that I join ~40secs later then 80% of the players. +waiting for the textures to load with ping 999 = the small window of early game is even smaller for me :P [That's is no problem in vanilla ns2, because it takes ages until two people are willing to command, but it hurts a lot in combat]

And despite my internet being constant and present, I get disconnected from servers a lot. Have to restart ns2 in order to use the server browser again. Is that only me or am I not alone on this? It's very frustrating and happens when I go Onos or Commander. Seems like the 32bit crashes got replaced by disconnects. Might be only my imagination though...

P.S.: Biodome is still horrible performance wise. I feel like my skill gets halfed every time I play it.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    xen32 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like the problem is on my end, .
    Never heard that claim before - nope - never. 8->
    I await your tech support thread!
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited December 2013
    joshhh wrote: »

Really? This is the first i've seen of it!
    Anyway.
    Flashlight warfare at it's finest. People have started to abuse this whenever they know where i am, one person with a flashlight and one hiding nearby. i always die. D:
    @xen32We all think that way, but then we learn due to the awesomeness that is @ironhorse that we are delusional.
    Even if you are not to blame, we need your .log so we can discover the true evilness! Thus is Detective work! Torture the innocent to find the guilty, so.. prepare the wooden horse?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    I was too fast with the praises ;) The start hitching when firing the lmg is gone, but I still have a lot of other occasions when I lag 1-3secs. For example if the first mine explodes etc. Then again, after loading a map it takes me around a minute to load the textures and playing during that process is close to ingame suicide performance wise.

If I loaded already summit and the server switches to - let's say - veil, why do I have to load every single texture again? Wouldn't it be possible to skip textures that summit and veil have in common to speed up the process? Without an SSD it seems that I join ~40secs later then 80% of the players. +waiting for the textures to load with ping 999 = the small window of early game is even smaller for me :P [That's is no problem in vanilla ns2, because it takes ages until two people are willing to command, but it hurts a lot in combat]

And despite my internet being constant and present, I get disconnected from servers a lot. Have to restart ns2 in order to use the server browser again. Is that only me or am I not alone on this? It's very frustrating and happens when I go Onos or Commander. Seems like the 32bit crashes got replaced by disconnects. Might be only my imagination though...

P.S.: Biodome is still horrible performance wise. I feel like my skill gets halfed every time I play it.

It's first encounters, which are not mine explosions. The other stuff, might be your imagination, as without any proof like a log, it's hard to say whether these things are real or just your imagination.
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    Hey samus, I know we were talking about adding lights to gun fire a couple days ago, but I was curious. What are the performance conseuqences from such an addition?

I remember earlier versions of the game did that... but...yeah.

Thanks for any response!
  • KarmicJusticeKarmicJustice Join Date: 2013-11-29 Member: 189628Members
    edited December 2013
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Yes @RadimaX, you're a bit late with this. This is by design.
    Failure by design... Funny how, from valve removing bh in HL to this, designers fail to see what gives depth to their game.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Yes @RadimaX, you're a bit late with this. This is by design.
    Failure by design... Funny how, from valve removing bh in HL to this, designers fail to see what gives depth to their game.

Oh boo hoo. In a fps/rts the focus of depth is better spent elsewhere.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Steam version of bhop cap in HL is bs. The game is old enough it deserves not to have stuff like that modified.
    I don't know, it's rather annoying after testing it, and would just lead to people complaining. Shotgun has it, I personally like it as well, but it could also introduce bugs, the same reason why I was allowed what I was, to fix bugs, not create them ;)
    You could always relegate it to the High setting of Particle Effects