VisualC++ runtime fatal error since 2days

123457»

Comments

• KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited May 2013
    @Artfunkel again 2 things :D

1. followed the link... Read it 4 - 5 times... its like reading a foreign language for me, I have no idea what its talking about.
    2. C:\ProgramData\PC Performance Manager\. doesn't exist on my computer... I've looked everywhere that I can/do install thing so and this file doesn't exist.

I'm tempted to re-install the pc performance program (malware) and use Revo to uninstall it...
  • ArtfunkelArtfunkel Join Date: 2013-05-10 Member: 185184Members
    Save this to a new text file, rename it "something.reg" and run it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
    "AppInit_DLLs"=""

C:\ProgramData\ is a hidden folder. Type that path into Explorer manually or enable the display of hidden items.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    you know mate.
    In the end, if you had to much crap you may just want to reinstall clean. :)
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited May 2013
    Ran the Reg file, restarted my pc. found said folder. tried to delete it... "The action cannot be completed because the folder or a file in it is is open in another program"

Clean install is impossible due to me not having a windows disc/restore disc... sucks right? :P

***EDIT!!!***

PC performance manager is now gone (safe mode FTW!) Fingers crossed that will sort out my issues. Thanks for your help guys.

***EDIT#2***

Well, since removing the remaining PC Performance Manager I haven't experienced a single crash, Hopefully it will continue this way. Thanks again for the help guys.
    Apologies for the double post... It seems after much trying I am still suffering from the C++ error. much less often now, but it is still happening.

Dump File -----> https://www.dropbox.com/s/actau6rkj3zsetm/NS2_130514_210946.dmp?v=0mwng

any help is most appreciated.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    which windows do you have kash & do you have your license key? (its usually on a greenish sticker).

No problem sharing discs, its the licence itself to keep to yourself. ;)
    (as in, discs to my knowhow, are not illegal)
    windows 7 home basic 64-bit, and yeah I have my license. I do have a friend that has windows discs, I just really don't want to do a fresh install... due to files and such on my pc it would take a LONG time to back up everything I want to keep :(
    Just do it mate. Suck it up.
    Your system just seems poluted and it will be faster then finding every little piece of crap in it.

See it as a fresh start? backup everything and partition your disk. Install windows on one partition and shove datafiles on another.
    Then if you ever have to reinstall again you only need to redo windows & programs and not worry as much on data.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yeah, agree with Darkling, I have my games/media on different drives and reformat every few months to wipe the shit off.
    I have a partition for windows/pagefile.
    I have a partition for data.
    I have a partition for games.
    And one for programs.

Im sure more to follow. Added benefit is less fragmentation on the non SSD disks.
    Although I do not wipe my windows every x times as I am very confident in my rather paranoid measures. :)
    I'm going to deal with the crashes until I get round to doing a fresh install...I'll probably just buy a new hard drive to store all my vids and music and crap on.