Gorgeous Trailer Released - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• SlackeratSlackerat Join Date: 2013-02-25 Member: 183333Members
    @TAPETRVE I'm pretty sure the fire effects at the end of the trailer are new? Did flames always stick all over the walls? Never get to use the flamethrower! :?

Your right, it seems maybe the new flamethowers can finally be used to set the ground on fire and damage aliens that walk over it! (hopefully)
  • LonewulfzaLonewulfza Join Date: 2013-01-21 Member: 180951Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I just jizzed in my pants...

Well done UWE!! I am so excited and cannot WAIT to play the new update!!!!!!

• XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited February 2013
    Looks like FTs will be godsend versus babblers :)

Also, it's a good thing both sides need to be destroyed, though I can already foresee the huge amounts of 'accidental' tunnel kills. Half the marine team is inside, some noob comes along and says like 'oh shit' and kills the tunnel entrance. Granted they can still get out on the other side, it could get messy :)
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    edited February 2013
    Screenshots
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lcqlc74crp0cn8m/bsjDfHBcjv

Never thought I'd say this - those are beautiful blood splatters!
  • nonesocruelnonesocruel Join Date: 2009-08-29 Member: 68647Members
    I don't want Cory to cry manly tears!! SHARED.
  • MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    Looks awesome guys and great job on the trailer. That's probably my favorite trailer so far!
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    peregrinus wrote: »
    Screenshots
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lcqlc74crp0cn8m/bsjDfHBcjv

Never thought I'd say this - those are beautiful blood splatters!

I like the grittiness of it. Lot's of visual updates in this build. Looks great, I just hope it won't affect performance too much.
    I think marines' armour starts to degrade as soon as they enter the alien tunnel. So, some kind of rubbery coating for their armour might be useful.
  • GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Gorgeous Update released the same day the Pope resigns... coincidence?
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited February 2013
    Wonder if they replace single exo minigun with the railgun, it sure seems a lot more potent and if they're going to keep the single minigun they'll need to buff it at least since currently it's nigh useless.
  • Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    Bravo UWE - the music alone made that trailer!
  • SidderSidder Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176034Members
    Indeed looking good, also cool about the 50% off xD
  • atLaNNatLaNN Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30327Members, Constellation
    Nice one guys love it
    Don't believe it replaces anything. I kinda recall a dev saying we would be able to chose single or dual rail gun. The rail gun is probably harder to use than the trailer suggests. I watched the bit where the skulk runs away and is shot at twice. There is about a 1/4 of a second delay between firing and impact. It will be very very hard for a rail gun exo to defend itself against a fast moving alien. We will probably see everyone choosing rail gun and getting owned.
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    Babblers attaching to Fade scaring the hell out of me =/

Also can't wait to see the rumbles that occur inside GT
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    After watching all of the railgun kills, I can't wait to try out the railgun. I'm really hoping that it will provide a 50 res option for a single railgun exo that sits between a JP and the dual exo. With good aiming skills and its ability to cause a HUGE amount of damage in one shot, this might be the weapon of choice against lerks and fades, not to mention gorges, providing a high accuracy option compared to the dual miniguns with no annoying overheat to worry about.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2013
    The new effect is more watery, less ghostly. Looks good! Of course that's from the aliens POV. May look different for marines.
    From marine perspective it looks even scarier and more awesome, given the right circumstances (not giving away any info here by making you wonder and speculate :P ). Aliens have superior eyes so they see it more visible!

• ChizzlerChizzler Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177532Members
    edited February 2013
    0.46-0.50 What causes that explosion!? There were no mines, and I didn't see any Grenade launchers... just a dead marine dropping what appeared to be a welder and one getting swarmed by babblers (where the explosion appears to have originated)

Marine standard issue personal detonation device?

*Edit* actually, the dropped item is probably a rifle
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2013
    Chizzler wrote: »
    0.46-0.50 What causes that explosion!? There were no mines, and I didn't see any Grenade launchers... just a dead marine dropping what appeared to be a welder and one getting swarmed by babblers (where the explosion appears to have originated)

Marine standard issue personal detonation device?
    If you watch closely (0:47) you can see the marine on the right using a "personal detonation device", the one we've been using throughout NS2 btw :P

Zomb3h wrote: »
    Do the babblers taunt if the Gorge taunts?

Babbler Choir Ensemble recruiting

I will make it my personal mission to make this happen *glares at devs* <-- Works sometimes when Brian isn't in the office, his glaring powers are superior to mine and often I need the "glare support" of several PT's to get things done...

On a side note, coming from someone who's been part of Cory's directing of these shots. He always keeps it hidden and locked, so even for us the trailers are a nice surprise. The thing that sold it for me was the super cute yet scary Babbler in the beginning, how can you not like that :D
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    After watching all of the railgun kills, I can't wait to try out the railgun. I'm really hoping that it will provide a 50 res option for a single railgun exo that sits between a JP and the dual exo. With good aiming skills and its ability to cause a HUGE amount of damage in one shot, this might be the weapon of choice against lerks and fades, not to mention gorges, providing a high accuracy option compared to the dual miniguns with no annoying overheat to worry about.
    Without saying too much I think you're going to like the update quite a bit.
  • ParagonParagon Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167573Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    The new effect is more watery, less ghostly. Looks good! Of course that's from the aliens POV. May look different for marines.
    From marine perspective it looks even scarier and more awesome, given the right circumstances (not giving away any info here by making you wonder and speculate :P ). Aliens have superior eyes so they see it more visible!

Hah, OK then I can't wait to see the new cloaking in action ;)

• IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Any chance after the patch ships we could see some of the concept art for the new goodies?
  • ThE_tHoRThE_tHoR Join Date: 2007-05-05 Member: 60802Members
    So what happens if the first entrance of the tunnel gets destroyed and build up somewhere else? while the tunnel expand to the new location. Or will it just teleport the end to the new entrence and allow fast transportation that way?
  • GommeGomme Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149208Members
    This looks very good. Well done, im going to start playing again YEAH!
  • PoNeHPoNeH Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58801Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Honestly, all the new additions look great. However, all I'm really focusing on is the performance enhancements.
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Narfwak wrote: »
    Without saying too much I think you're going to like the update quite a bit.

Cool.

I was also just thinking, if we're going to have a fist exo, why not give it a knockback effect? Seems reasonable to me, the exo fist is made out of metal powered by hydraulics and nanites after all.

FALCOOOONNNNNNNN PUUUUNNNNCCH
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    Xarius wrote: »
    RadimaX wrote: »
    i felt like that alien teleport entrance would go on the WALL instead of on the floor, forming almost a doorway for you to go trough so lets say you put one in subaccess and the other in cargo it will feel natural to pass trough it and out trough the wall. This is going to make you disorientated when you come out of the tunnel when the face gate is correctly facing any given angle of a choosing by commander.

Yea I actually found it surprising too that you are 'taken into' the tunnel like this and you don't fall or have to 'jump out', it's immediately a straight horizontal stretch of tunnel even though it is built on the ground.

exactly i felt the tunnel should be an opening in a wall, not on the floor instead to make it more seamless and better to orientate yourself.
    atleast make the tunnel U shaped if you gonna go supermario styled with it. this tunnel feels just like a separate room built somewhere in the map your passing trough to get to the other side of the teleport, just when you are choosing random spectate or teams. its a separate room that is not attached to the acctual map. i would wanna see this more natural flow, more believable almost integrated with the map.