Custom map playtest sessions

Comments

• FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I think tonight's testing was generally a success. Unfortunately we couldn't get the latest build of Origin to run, but we'll catch up and do that next week. I've gotten some useful feedback on Caged myself, so I'm pretty pleased, and I hope everyone else feels the same way about their own maps.
  • LightningVLightningV Join Date: 2013-02-11 Member: 182978Members
    Just adding my name to the thread as im always interested in helping innovative map makers to test, bug fix and to post any improvements. Thanks all.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Mouse wrote: »
    Unfortunately (being on the east coast of Australia), I wasn't able to make it to this testing session. Could some people who played PM me some feedback on ns2_drydosity?

Unfortunately (being on the east coast of Australia), I not able to make it to these testing sessions. Could some of you guys PM me some feedback on ns2_drydosity?

• HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    quoting yourself! crazy fool :P
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    I'm also interested, not so much of a map designer however, but would like some tips on how to be.

• MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Howser wrote: »
    quoting yourself! crazy fool :P
    :D

• FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    It was fun playing ns2_caged in combat mode just now, and then being part of a rare marine victory. :D (Yeah, yeah, Shade hive first, I know.) I'm glad we got to test a new map, Loki's ns2_kodiak, as well.

Perhaps next week we can try some specific area tests in maps, like was mentioned during the test today. If we're testing your map, and there are specific areas you feel need testing, be sure to let us know and we can arrange some localized carnage.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Was a good turn out today. 18 player server full of NS2 mappers! we might have to increase the player count if that happens often.
    focus testing areas and scenarios is a good idea. People need to post what specifically then want to test in here so we can arrange that. Focus testing the loltrain was very insightful!
    for3ysr.jpg
    choo! choo!
  • LightningVLightningV Join Date: 2013-02-11 Member: 182978Members
    Sorry missed the testing today! I blame my severe hang over! :) Catch you all next week!
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    What time does this usually start? Or is it best just to sit in the Mumble server?

I've tried to make the last couple but am totally unaware of when it starts.
  • ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The sessions take place on sunday, usually at 20.00 GMT. They are announced on steam 15-30 mins before they start as well.
    8pm gmt every Sunday! Try turn up on the mumble server a few minutes early to guarantee a slot. Also PM or post any playtest requests here so I can make sure everything is up and running on the server!
    I'd also like to remind everyone to REQUEST that we play your map, I'm not a mind reader and I've noticed a few maps have fell out of circulation. I apologies for any oversights or maps we've neglected to play the last few weeks (I've noticed a few). All authors are responsible for requesting that there map is played. Even if you cant make the meeting, we'll still supply the feedback regardless of what state the map is in!

gmt; 20:00 (8pm)
    est: 15:00 (3pm)
    pst: 12:00 (noon)
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    edited March 2013
    If you combat is updated by tomorrow and you guys want to test combat maps I have 2 that could use some play testing. Skylight is detailed & attempts to be serious, while spacejump should be good silly fun. I'll try to attend regardless of if combat is on the menu or updated.
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Im in the same boat as mouse being on the east coast of Australia. If you're ever after aussie testers let me know :P

Mouse if you ever need local playtesters for ns2_drydosity just give me a shout.
  • xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    Need to do a short jambi testing tomorrow.
    edited March 2013
    nice jambi and the two combat maps on the list. We usually do the combat stuff after the vanilla stuff, followed by any comedy maps. So we've got three on the list so far. submit your latest stuff to workshop and I'll get it on the server.
    Kalopsia: I can try set mouse and remedy up with admin rights on my uk server, but the lag might be a bit too much! You guys down-under should get together and buy a server to test your work on!
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    Sorry guys, can't make it tonight :( and new version of Core is also not ready (albeit I really tried all the weekend).

Have fun !
    Right testing starting in 30 minutes... you know the drill a*seholes and elbows!... well mostly just a*seholes but Nm.
    Jump on mumble when ready.
    Today's playlist is:
    Origin
    Jambi
    kodiak
    Goliath
    kleos (not requested but we haven't played this yet)
    combat mode:
    Skylights
    Spacejump

NS2 game server: 85.236.100.67:27015
    Mumble server: 85.236.100.59:12437
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    Tonight I would like to test new version of Core. I just need to tweak the occlusion geometry and few other things and I will be publishing tonight.
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hopefully we can test the new ns_lost map, that would be great, such nostalgia
  • ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    Impromptu testing session being held tonight at 20.00 - 20.30 GMT (1/2 an hour to 1 hour from this post) for NS2_Lost. See you there!
  • WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is there any chance getting ns2_colony for testing?
    @WhiteDevil I just added ns2_colony to the server, so it shouldn't be a problem to throw it into the mix tonight. :)
    an hour and a half to go guys... What maps we got to play this week?
    so far we've got Colony, Kodiak, Jambi and origin. Any other new submissions?
    Well if we could find Nothing, where ever it vanished to that could be fun. Or maybe one of the maps we haven't managed to play yet, such as Kleos, Yamal etc. That is assuming we don't get other requests before or during the session.
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    Great session with great players ;p teamwork of the charts :) i look into next one...
  • WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    It was really great the maps were awesome. It was really fun playing all of them. I learned so much from playing yesterday which will help my map.
  • DTEDTE Join Date: 2004-05-03 Member: 28412Members
    I'd love to join in next saterday
    The playtests take place every Sunday at 20.00 GMT on the Fail Master server. PM Howser and he'll get you sorted. Though we may need to increase the server size or hold a second session at the rate they are growing in popularity!