Custom map playtest sessions

Comments

• TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    a lot of good feedback tonight. thanks, guys.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Unfortunately (being on the east coast of Australia), I wasn't able to make it to this testing session. Could some people who played PM me some feedback on ns2_drydosity?
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    I must admit I have really enjoyed yesterday session. One idea for the next one, maybe we can turn it out to the videocast and stream it on Twitch. There was a lot of interesting talk that could be usefull also to the others.
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'm in the same situation as mouse. I'm on the east coast of Australia. While i'm incredibly interested in joining you guys. Due to our timezone it makes it really hard to catch you guys.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    edited January 2013
    I would like to thank everyone for joining on Sunday, It was really nice to see so many people from the forums make the effort to attend. I had a lot of fun, and I personally found it a lot more insightful and interesting than I expected. Although I must say after 4 hours playing new maps I was a tad burnt out. Next time I will try shorten it to one play on each map with a preset playlist and a faster rotation. I think trying to fit the sessions into two hours will be much healthier for us!

WorthyRival: Even If you cannot make the playtests, I would still suggest joining the group and submitting any work that needs testing. We'll still play it and provide feedback!

Rudy: Streaming or recording the sessions is a good idea!
  • NeoadNeoad Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15682Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver
    Just joined up myself :)
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    This is the best idea ever, Origin needs testing. Where do I sign?
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=2063790:date=Jan 20 2013, 07:13 PM:name=killer monkey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (killer monkey @ Jan 20 2013, 07:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2063790"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is the best idea ever, Origin needs testing. Where do I sign?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you add me on Steam, I'll invite you. Search for Flaterectomy. :)
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Thanks for the matches and so much fun! It's great to play custom maps again :D
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    yup another good session. so much for making it shorter, only 3 and a half hours! Still we played a lot of maps. Thanks for to everyone that submitted and turned up! same again next week. We'll have to cap the map number down to 5 and prioritize the maps with new changes.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    It was a lot of fun. I think we have interest from some other people too, so next week we'll likely get a new map or two in. I may not make it next week myself, given the vast amount of alcohol I am expecting to pour into my face-hole that afternoon, but who knows. ;)
  • SkackySkacky Join Date: 2005-06-05 Member: 53189Members
    Yeah, I had a lot of fun tonight as well. Lots of cool maps. I'll *try* to get a greyboxed version of my map for next week too.
    This week I mostly want to thank you guys for sobering me up after a day out. :D Played some interesting maps, though my in-game feedback probably hasn't been too useful. ;D Hopefully I can build new Occlusion Geometry for Caged for next Sunday.
  • SkackySkacky Join Date: 2005-06-05 Member: 53189Members
    edited January 2013
    Yup it was great again. Lots of fun games and a close call on Core. :p
    Sadly I couldn't get a greybox in time but I'll try my best to get it ready for next sunday.
    WORST MAPS EVER !!! :-D
    <!--quoteo(post=2067570:date=Jan 28 2013, 12:55 AM:name=Rudy.cz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rudy.cz @ Jan 28 2013, 12:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2067570"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->WORST MAPS EVER !!! :-D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ^^ QTF XD
    them maps were hoyriffec!! :P
    I wouldn't worry about the value of your drunken ramblings :P I for one am just enjoying learning the maps and getting to know you guys. In a few months once we're settled in i think we should try be more structured with our testing and feedback, especially once more of our own maps get ready for testing! but Right now Its too much fun testing out these weird and wonderful maps. I personally am learning a lot just by playing these custom maps; seeing what works and what doesn't.
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    i play in your server today, only play the last 3 maps and was fun.
    too bad more servers dont host custom maps more :(
    So how was the last session? What maps did you tested? :) I was not able to participate, I am now little bit busy with IRL stuff and I won't by able for few more sundays, before I will get stabile accomodation :(
    Not sure how it went. I was moving house so I put loki in charge. I'll be cracking the whip this week for some serious testing sessions :P
  • BlasphemyBlasphemy Join Date: 2008-05-02 Member: 64201Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    Only about 5 dudes showed up this last session.

We mostly played Combat (Co_Core) and a match of NS2_Triad.

Liking the new changes to the marine start in Co_Core, although in that one elevator part, you can hide on the ceiling as Lerk in the pitch black.
  • ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    We also took a look at ns2_skyfalls again and co_stargate if I remember correctly. It was a bit quiet and hard to really get the games going, but good fun and gave us a chance to get to know each other a bit better.

I'm currently trying to get a very basic greybox of my map ready. It won't be any good for play but could be interesting to discuss some design concerns and issues i'm anticipating. No guareentees though!

Also, Blasphemy is a really annoying lerk. Gonna have to pull out my aimbot. :D
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Just keep quiet about well you know what..... :D but yeah we tried the maps above and some others I found but a fair few did not work.
  • SmaugSmaug Join Date: 2011-05-23 Member: 100283Members
    Hey,

Flaterectomy added me to the group a few weeks back, and I think I'll be releasing another version of my map (ns2_wade) tomorrow. I feel like a dick asking, seeing as I've not managed to attend any of these sessions so far (I conduct a brass band every wednesday and sunday night, and we're going to contest in 2 weeks!), but is there any possibility of having my map tested by you guys? I will do my best to come back straight after band to at least help test other maps etc., it's just so difficult getting feedback, especially from a group as focused and organized as this!

My Sundays will be mine again once all the music stuff is done in a few weeks, so I can be there with certainty from then on.

Peace and <3 to this group.
  • BlasphemyBlasphemy Join Date: 2008-05-02 Member: 64201Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    I'll try and bug the guys about giving it a go. We haven't yet had any arguments about which map to test next, so I imagine as long as Howard has it on the server, we'll give it a good ruckus.
    I'm all for testing Wade!
    yeah don't worry man, people attend when they can. We've been playing any custom maps we can get our hands, its not just our maps. I am sure wade will be a welcome edition to the rotation! and you'll get a load of feedback on Sunday, even if you can't make it.
    Hai folks, Howser can't make it this Sunday, but he gave me admin privileges on the server, so I'll try and do my best to organize a usual map test on the Fail Masters - UK server, this evening at around 20:00 CET.
    Yeah this real life stuff is a bloody drag. Normally I'm a hermit that likes nothing more than spending my Sundays making assets and playing ns2. Moving house has been taking up my gaming-in-underpants time. I'll fill the quota in the next few weeks as I have nothing else on the horizon for some time! But its good to give others admin rights and get other people organizing this stuff, It was always my intention to give others admin access to the server so they could organize their own games or test sessions when I'm not around. Its just a shame because it seems we have some really good maps to test this week and its just a good laugh! It would be nice if someone could record their game on dryosity's latest build!
    Meeting starts in roughly half an hour from now. I released a new version of Caged, so we can run around that a while. I'm also wanting to give Wade some playtime, and naturally Drydosity and hopefully Core. Other than that we can play any other custom map that I am forgetting, of course.