Aliens: Early game winners, complete utter failures late game.

12346»

Comments

• TweadleTweadle Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39686Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1943597:date=Jun 15 2012, 08:06 PM:name=xDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xDragon @ Jun 15 2012, 08:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1943597"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It’s pretty easy to get every possible upgrade and still it takes 30+ minutes to end the game. Part of this I think is compounded by certain design decisions that were made in an attempt to make stuff more useful throughout the entire game, however NS2 is part RTS, and getting fade/shotgun/onos/jp/exo/lerk should be substantial upgrades over the base equipment/lifeform, which they are currently but IMO not enough. By muting the effectiveness of the upgraded tech it has made the game progressively harder and harder to end, which leads to stale game play as it descends into a grind fest until one team can finally start to gain the upper hand.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This is a thought worth digesting. I'm not sure that a game like NS2 has as much to benefit from rock-paper-scissors mechanics than we are sometimes led to believe. Too much emphasis on this rule can corrupt the necessary power-progression that the RTS side of NS2 requires. I'm not saying that this is a huge problem, just that it is one we shouldn't overlook.