Sanity - A Full Conversion Mod

Comments

• peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Any updates? :)

See you guys in the playtest tomorrow.
  • SomnambulistSomnambulist Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73051Members
    retweaked spawns, new void attack, some helpful hints on the buy menu, combat retweaks.
    The spawning system is working well, no more being trapped with the whole team at once.

What is the void's new attack? I didn't discover that. Saw a void, think it was a hallucination, using some sorta energy ability...is that it?

What do the parts spawning around the map have to do with the drop ship? I found the drop ship minigame puzzle a little confusing. The concept is great anyway.
    edited January 2013
    <center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KnlREGDdI9I"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KnlREGDdI9I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>
    hold down attack and charge forward after a moment. It's an ambushing tool to pull them further out of the hack and slash arena. Eventually striking someones back will impale them as a human shield, and front attack will deal more dmg than the normal attack.

Each part contains a particular wire or fuse part 1-3. Then each slot in the dropship requires a random wire 1-3 or fuse 1-3. Once a part is put in and the power goes up, you know the part is good, then you move on to the next part.
    And thank you again for your videos, you're the best.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Looking great guys, looking forward to you getting some custom artwork in there :D
  • Ineluki80Ineluki80 Join Date: 2013-01-20 Member: 180772Members
    Stubled upon your mod, read the whole thread, watched some videos but never playtested.

First, I want to say, that I really find your approach refreshing and having potential. I really like what you're doing to the lighting system and would really like to see something similar in the normal NS2 game, so that emergency lighting is on with power nodes being below 70% health and darkness while power nodes are destroyed. (Any chances to decouple this part of your mod for usage in normal NS2 ?)

Also, I was thinking about death in your horror scenario. Plain respawning is just too simple and is killing some of your horror aspects, as was already mentioned. But I have an idea for that. Why not coupling the infestation/corruption of a marine to it's death rate ? Every time you are revived, a little part of the darkness remains inside you. Every time you die, there is a chance to get to the next level of corruption, probability rising with the number of your deaths. In the beginning, your damage rate on infestation is reduced but your healing rate in the light is reduced as well. Next step, rapair-rate (for power nodes and the like) is decreased (incrementally) up to the point where it is really slow or causing damage instread. Gradually, protection from friendly fire is degraded, hallucination rate is increased. At a later state, you will hallucinate some of your teammembers using the alien model instead of the marine model for extended periods of time - until permanently. Finally, you die and respawn as one of the alien team.

This will result in a much intensified gameplay in which the marines really want to be alive longer and also adds to the effect of slowly loosing your sanity up to the point in which your loyality flips.
    The Hidden mod for NS2 has a cool feature where the server displays messages explaining how to play. Would be useful for this mod too.
  • InkInk Join Date: 2009-08-15 Member: 68499Members
    NS2 just screamed for a Mod like this, looks amazing!
  • The_Elite_X1The_Elite_X1 Join Date: 2013-02-15 Member: 183098Members
    Awesome mod! This is why indie projects and modders are the future of gaming.
  • DoublehexDoublehex Join Date: 2012-06-23 Member: 153607Members
    Thank you! I have been working hard to get things done and we expect to have a big update coming sometime soon. We will let everyone know when the next playtest(s) when everything is in order!

Thanks again for your support!
  • jstoiajstoia Join Date: 2009-12-15 Member: 69667Members
    we are working on the custom artwork. don't worry.
    Any updates, or, updates on the updates? :D
    We tried to get in touch with UWE in regards to a huge breaking bug that wouldn't allow us to upload. We went through several different iterations with no luck and then decided screw it. We're now rebuilding unhooked, a little more in our own world, but it could be a couple weeks before we have a playable version on workshop.
    What a pain. Glad you didn't all abandon the project.
    We won't abandon the project. Just taking a new route that puts more control in our hands. It is unfortunate that we do not receive the support required but we will work around it.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    We tried to get in touch with UWE in regards to a huge breaking bug that wouldn't allow us to upload. We went through several different iterations with no luck and then decided screw it. We're now rebuilding unhooked, a little more in our own world, but it could be a couple weeks before we have a playable version on workshop.
    Ah, crap, sorry to hear that you contacted us but didn't receive any support with your issues. We've all been really busy trying to get Gorgeous out, and with the hotfix patch after. I know Max's inbox is usually flooded with tech support issues, and it can take him awhile to get through them all. In the future if you don't hear back from the person you contact, let one of the other members on the team know, and we can follow up.

Thanks.
  • draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Hey Guys, I hope this is still being worked on. I believe you are beginning to see the reasons why I never went hooked myself. It is great for small changes, but when you are in essence creating a whole new game, the hooks are very restrictive. I mean, UWE have stated NS2 is a mod on the Spark engine, so why would people want to just mod the mod? I understand it's great for combat etc, but hey.

Anyway, I really hope you guys get through this blockage and get this back on track. We can have a race to see who finishes first :D
    No updates on the workshop or steam group pages either :/

Still, it's less than 2 months since they said it's still being worked on...that's not a long time in the scheme of all things total conversion.
    edited April 2013
    Very sorry for no updates everyone!! Most of the team is stuck behind waiting on me to catch up and I have been very bogged down with school finishing up and a new job upcoming. That does not mean I am not still working on Sanity!! We are just slowed down for the moment. We will hopefully be relaunching with a whole new code base soon. I am rewriting everything from base classes so we should be compatible with most updates that are put out! This does take longer but it will be better in the long run due to Sanity not requiring everything that NS2 includes. New changes and game modes are currently being worked on as well but I don't want to say anything more until they are done!

Once again, sorry for the delay on updates! We are still working but not quite there yet and thank you for your concern!
  • FrizzlecatFrizzlecat Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183752Members
    Doublehex wrote: »
    Very sorry for no updates everyone!! Most of the team is stuck behind waiting on me to catch up and I have been very bogged down with school finishing up and a new job upcoming. That does not mean I am not still working on Sanity!! We are just slowed down for the moment. We will hopefully be relaunching with a whole new code base soon. I am rewriting everything from base classes so we should be compatible with most updates that are put out! This does take longer but it will be better in the long run due to Sanity not requiring everything that NS2 includes. New changes and game modes are currently being worked on as well but I don't want to say anything more until they are done!

Once again, sorry for the delay on updates! We are still working but not quite there yet and thank you for your concern!

Don't worry about the delay, matey, I don't think anyone can seriously think that this mode is going to die. We understand that there are more important things than modding =)
  • angelousangelous Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184073Members, WC 2013 - Silver
    I've loved the look on insanity from the first time I saw it, Pleas please please let me play during playtests :D
  • DerAkademikerDerAkademiker Join Date: 2012-12-19 Member: 175540Members
    edited May 2013
    Still looking for help in modeling/artwork!
    I thought I would post another update for those of you who are waiting. First, I have the new aliens mostly done, they will need a lot of balancing work but that will come. They are very different than what you will be used to. Hopefully it works out for the better this way. Working on some human weapons still, I plan on them to be different from ns2 implementations. New menus are being done (trying to make it graphically appealing but my art skills are lacking). I have most of the new entities done that are required for the default game mode. We are on delay for the default game mode to rework some of the aspects of the end game. Trying to reduce complexity while giving more options and keeping it fun! In the mean time, I have started on the other game modes (Ive built a custom game mode auto-run/switcher to handle them) so I expect to complete them first while we still work on the other aspects of the default game mode. If you are not currently aware, our game modes for now will be:

Infection - An infection has taken control of one of your fellow humans. All remaining humans must work together and determine who is infected and prevent the spreading of the infection. But beware, the infected human is among you and plotting against you.
    Onslaught - Humans have been able to repel the darkness but it will be back soon, with vengeance. Humans must find a safe location to barricade, prepare defenses, and arm themselves before more darkness arrive to destroy the last hope for humanity!
    Sanity(default) - THIS MAY CHANGE. The darkness has spread. The humans must fend off these endless attackers with light and bullets while they attempt to escape by repairing their broken ship. Will the humans survive or will the darkness overtake the light of humanity!

That's it for now! Still have a lot more work to do on my part but things are coming along fine so far! Any comments and questions are welcome!
  • TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    The infection mode sounds very promising :D
  • FrizzlecatFrizzlecat Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183752Members
    This Mod sounds so good. Dead excited.
    Sounds great! 

New aliens? Not the ones you'd already designed, the void etc?
    We threw out the classes from earlier Sanity and decided to give the player the control to decide what kind of alien they are. Trying to bring something new to prevent fighting countless numbers of the same unit for 3/4 the match.