Natural Selection 2 News Update - Gorilla released (NS2 Build 194)

12345679»

Comments

• WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Pres i think. at least that was what i remembered from my comming last night. it should be tres though.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2012
    Just tested, appears it comes out of Pres, my bad. It should come out of Tres for sure.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    Why, though?

I take the opposite view:
    - Single-unit support abilities (e.g. medpack, ammopack, nanoshield) should come out of TRes.
    -- There should be TRFK, to allow such support to scale.
    - All equipment, by any player (including the commander purchasing for his soldiers) should cost PRes.
  • NecropsYNecropsY Join Date: 2012-01-23 Member: 141746Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1899011:date=Feb 2 2012, 05:31 PM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Feb 2 2012, 05:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1899011"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Please post comments on the topic Natural Selection 2 News Update - Gorilla released (NS2 Build 194) here<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Id like to know the specs of the computer that frapsed that video

cause thats awesome frame rate, and it was running fraps at the same time or some capture tool

Any info on that computers specs? proccessor video card / ram
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1901176:date=Feb 9 2012, 06:17 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Feb 9 2012, 06:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901176"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why, though?

- Single-unit support abilities (e.g. medpack, ammopack, nanoshield) should come out of TRes.
    - All equipment, by any player (including the commander purchasing for his soldiers) should cost PRes.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Agree 100%.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    making support abilities cost tres is an interesting option. it would require comms to very carefully ration their medspam. i'm not sure how it would work with the current system whereby medding a squad drops as many medpacks as there are marines in the squad though.
  • GrissiGrissi Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20314Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1901511:date=Feb 9 2012, 08:06 PM:name=Wheeee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wheeee @ Feb 9 2012, 08:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901511"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->making support abilities cost tres is an interesting option. it would require comm to very carefully ration their medspam. i'm not sure how it would work with the current system whereby medding a squad drops as many medpacks as there are marines in the squad though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    At the moment the only way for aliens to take away marine materials is by killing structures. This gives the possibility for marines to play defensive since they will always get their upgrades in due time.

In ns1 lerks were used to gas the marines to force their commander to waste res for medpacks/ammo. This made sieges very hard for marines and required them to have enough rt's for the upkeep. NS2 is of course different however I think this could create more depth into the mechanic if it's implemented in the right way.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1901176:date=Feb 9 2012, 06:17 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Feb 9 2012, 06:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901176"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why, though?

- All equipment, by any player (including the commander purchasing for his soldiers) should cost PRes.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agree #2
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2012

How about this approach?
    Ammo/meds/nano - ie. support comes out of PRes like now.
    Commander recieves 1 pres per marine kill, not 1-3.
    Equipments cost PRes for marines, and TRes(half the Pres cost?) for the commander.
    That will also adress the late-game low PRes problems marines are having at the moment.
    As they in many cases run out of Pres but have a hell of alot of Tres, which usually goes into turrets atm.
    Also, you could add an upgrade on extractors that gives more Pres income for the commander.
    That will allow for more support, with the trade-off of other upgrades.

And then make alien commander use personal res to support his team somehow. Umbra/Fury/Cloak?
    And do the same for aliens?