Experimental Non Flash Menu Mod

Comments

• WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    edited November 2011
    Small bug I found: If you right click on a server that has a password and then click on connect in the status panel, the password box won't appear and it will just try to connect to the server without one.

I think it'd be better if by pressing ESC you just went straight back into the game, effectively minimizing all the open windows. This would allow you to keep the server browser open for example and then when you press ESC it would reappear.

Also, I feel like the options panel should be completely black with no alpha (like the server status panel). If there are other windows behind it, it can become confusing.

Btw, can you tell me how to change the colour of the server highlight (the navy blue when you click on a server in the browser) I've tried searching the lua files but I can't find it.
  • fsfodfsfod uk Join Date: 2004-04-09 Member: 27810Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1884919:date=Nov 14 2011, 04:54 PM:name=Wilson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 14 2011, 04:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1884919"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Small bug I found: If you right click on a server that has a password and then click on connect in the status panel, the password box won't appear and it will just try to connect to the server without one.

I think it'd be better if by pressing ESC you just went straight back into the game, effectively minimizing all the open windows. This would allow you to keep the server browser open for example and then when you press ESC it would reappear.

Also, I feel like the options panel should be completely black with no alpha (like the server status panel). If there are other windows behind it, it can become confusing.

Btw, can you tell me how to change the colour of the server highlight (the navy blue when you click on a server in the browser) I've tried searching the lua files but I can't find it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

1. Its just something i never got round to implementing and also the code for it was closely coupled to the server browser window but its not really that much code

2. Yeah i kinda debated whether that should be behavior of it would be when i was adding it. It will probally be changed to that in the next update

4. ListView.SelectedItemColor you could use an autoexec lua script to change it and not worry about and losing your changes when updating
    With the latest update I can't join servers with a password. I click connect but nothing happens (no password box appears).
  • fsfodfsfod uk Join Date: 2004-04-09 Member: 27810Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1885064:date=Nov 15 2011, 09:03 PM:name=Wilson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 15 2011, 09:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885064"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->With the latest update I can't join servers with a password. I click connect but nothing happens (no password box appears).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It seems i missed converting some code over to the my new system
    edited November 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1884930:date=Nov 14 2011, 05:48 PM:name=fsfod)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fsfod @ Nov 14 2011, 05:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1884930"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->4. ListView.SelectedItemColor you could use an autoexec lua script to change it and not worry about and losing your changes when updating<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for this :) At first I wasn't sure how the autoexec worked but I managed to get it working now.

[EDIT] Here's a pic of the changes I made: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/Q1tIa.jpg" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/Q1tIa.jpg</a>
  • 2sBlind2sBlind Join Date: 2011-11-08 Member: 131738Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Added dynamic(none of that GUIScale silliness) ui scaling of the menu and chatframe when running in low resolutions.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Does this mean that I can access the armory at the lowest resolution and buy guns?
    <!--quoteo(post=1885294:date=Nov 17 2011, 05:02 AM:name=2sBlind)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2sBlind @ Nov 17 2011, 05:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885294"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Does this mean that I can access the armory at the lowest resolution and buy guns?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The armory menu is flash so not really. but as workaround if you have my keybind mod enabled you could just bind the console commands to buy the weapons directly without having to open the armory menu. You still just have to be close to the armory.

The weapon tech ids are:
    125 shotgun
    127 grenade launcher
    128 flame thrower

So to bind buying a shotgun to the k key the command you would enter into the console would be "bind k buy 125" without the quotes
  • 2sBlind2sBlind Join Date: 2011-11-08 Member: 131738Members
    Sweetness, I'll have to give that a try!
    20/11 Update
    <ul>Added copy paste support for textboxs using the normal shortcut keys ctl-c and ctl-v
    Fixed the password prompt not showing when connecting to passworded servers also made it show when connecting using the ServerInfo window
    Changed Escape to return to game instead of closing windows first when connected
    Greatly reduced the transparency of the menu pages
    Added a port option to the create server page
    Fixed setting more than 1 console command bind in a session breaking other console command binds
    Fixed the connected menu links not being offset correctly</li></ul>
    <a href="http://www.fsfod.vivaciti.net/files/menumod_build188hotfix.zip" target="_blank">Heres a quick hotfix </a> for build 188.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    i like the classic menu :)
    1/12 Update
    <ul>Added the ability to turn off Anti-aliasing and Atmospheric Lights to the option page
    Updated menu camera to the new system in build 188
    Removed changing the feedback overlay text that got removed</li></ul>
    I experienced a bug in build 189. If I create a local server and then try and create another one afterwards it doesn't work.
    It might be because your still using the hotfix instead of the latest release. If theres a big black box(part of a upcoming feature that got left in) on the create server page your still using the hotfix
    also can you post your %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\log.txt file if this is still happening after
    <!--quoteo(post=1890804:date=Dec 19 2011, 12:27 AM:name=fsfod)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fsfod @ Dec 19 2011, 12:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1890804"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It might be because your still using the hotfix instead of the latest release. If theres a big black box(part of a upcoming feature that got left in) on the create server page your still using the hotfix
    also can you post your %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\log.txt file if this is still happening after<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I was. I couldn't be bothered editing all my layout again.

Seems like it's not working with 190 now.
    edited January 2012
    well max seems to of switched the extrypoint file to lua/main.lua(maybe the main vm is back) but theres more to fix i think

it also seems the Client library is now loaded in 2 stages
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Is this working in 191? I can't seem to get it to work.

Finally, I get to submit an NS2 bug to someone else! :)
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    Confirmed, this crashes the game if you use it in 191. :(
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1894264:date=Jan 14 2012, 12:34 AM:name=Flayra)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flayra @ Jan 14 2012, 12:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894264"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is this working in 191? I can't seem to get it to work.

Finally, I get to submit an NS2 bug to someone else! :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That must be a great feeling :)

Now get to work fsfod!

I need this working too :)
    Yeah an unexpected surprise to see a flayra post in my thread.

I have it in mostly working state atm, its taking longer then expected because the client lua VM is now destroyed and recreated when connecting or disconnecting from server
    and also the what i was talking about earlier half the Client lua library is not loaded till after the LoadComplete event so i had move any global calls to those missing functions into functions that get called for the LoadComplete event
    <a href="http://www.fsfod.vivaciti.net/files/menumod.zip" target="_blank">Download Link</a>

14/01/2012 Update
    <ul>Refactored several systems for build 190 changes of the client VM being recreated on connect/disconnect and the Client lua library not be fully available during early loading there may still be some stuff i missed
    Added support for starting the listen server with a custom list of full mods(mods that directly replace ns2 lua files) just drop archive(rar,zip,7z) containing the mod into the
    FullMods folder and refresh the full mods list on the create server page this system only works for mods that are purely lua files and have a sane file layout
    Added a custom config system thats used for Full Mods system and saving the list the of disabled mods
    Added support for mouse wheel scrolling controls without UIHelper being loaded</li></ul>
    Keybinds Mod
    <ul>Added Last used weapon keybind
    Added a keybind to exit the Hive/CC
    Added direct keybinds for all the sayings menu entrys
    Mouse wheel up and down are now bindable</li></ul>
  • KurrineKurrine Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72235Members
    <!--coloro:#aadd00--><span style="color:#aadd00"><!--/coloro-->Great work, I've been waiting eagerly for my menu mod back and the last weapon bind is going to be lovely. <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Awesome dude. Playing without this has been really annoying.
  • vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    Well, it's about time mister! Glad to see it's back! :)
    Nice one fsfod! ^^
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    Awesome with the quick update, thanks!
    I found a bug though, but not quite sure how to reproduce it.
    I tried to chat when I was dead, when I respawned the text field was still there, with no way to close it.
    Also great job on getting mousewheel bindable. Now we just need to be able to bind one function to multiple keys :P
    Jump on space and scroll up and down :P
  • SkvateSkvate Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9892Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :D
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    mwheelup/dn still can't be bound to jump apparently.
    <!--quoteo(post=1894547:date=Jan 15 2012, 03:13 AM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Jan 15 2012, 03:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894547"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->mwheelup/dn still can't be bound to jump apparently.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It seems the way did it doesn't really work well for some binds im gonna take another go at how mouse wheel is implemented in my keybind system