GameOvermind

Comments

• RigorRigor Join Date: 2011-02-05 Member: 80545Members
    edited May 2011
    REALLY would hate to see you halt production, player. Would it be easier to maintain just the rudimentary set of features until the code settles out? I'd hate to see the servers revert to what UWE has provided. I'd like to think you're helping them by providing your toolset while they focus elsewhere.
  • vlncvlnc Join Date: 2010-09-07 Member: 73921Members, Squad Five Blue
    Thank you for your mod, it works so great on my dedicated server.
  • PhYzorPhYzor Join Date: 2003-10-26 Member: 22005Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    is it possible to turn mp_friendlyfire to 1 ?
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    I don't have NS2 installed anymore to try it, but "om_servercommand mp_friendlyfire 1" should do the trick, though I don't think a "mp_friendlyfire" variable exists. You see it exposed in the query-responder, but I added that there because HLSW specifically looks for that server-rule, so it's there for backwards-compatibility with the Gldsrc\Source queries.
  • PhYzorPhYzor Join Date: 2003-10-26 Member: 22005Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    i try but it doesn't ok
    Well like I said mp_friendlyfire probably doesn't exist. If such a variable were to exist, you could use om_servercommand to change the value in the server-console.
    thanks, i think i need to wait a variable about friendlyfire.

An other question, i try to reserve 2 slots, in NS2GmOvrmind_ServerConfiguration_Server.lua i write :

NS2GmOvrmind.Server.SetMaxSlots(12);
    NS2GmOvrmind.Server.SetReservedSlots(2);

in server.xml :

<playerLimit>12</playerLimit> i try too with <playerLimit>10</playerLimit>

but it's not ok.

Can you help me ?
    What's not ok exactly?

NS2-mods currently cannot retrieve the amount of server-slots, that is why there is a "SetMaxSlots". It should be equal to <playerLimit>. So if you're using <playerLimit>12</playerLimit>, you need to use "NS2GmOvrmind.Server.SetMaxSlots(12);". The amount of reserved-slots (2 in your post) are substracted from that, so the end result is 10 slots for normal players, and 2 extra slots for players with the ReservedSlot-privilige.
    edited May 2011
    the problem is :

for normal players it's 12 slots and when i want to connect i can't because "server full"

i have :

<playerLimit> is 12
    NS2GmOvrmind.Server.SetMaxSlots(12);
    NS2GmOvrmind.Server.SetReservedSlots(2);

i have NS2GmOvrmind.Priviliges.All

the server : 88.190.18.171:27015 [EU-FR] DEDIBOX #1
    Aha, that means 10 normal players can join, and the other 2 slots are for ReservedSlot-priviliges only. If those 2 slots are occupied too, and you are the only one with priviliges to these slots, then either guests (normal players) have these priviliges too (did you change the guest-privilige from its default?), or there are phantom-clients taking up slots (this is a long-standing bug that needs to be fixed by UWE).
    edited May 2011
    there is no phantom-clients, where i change the guest privilege ?

Edit :

i think it's this :

NS2GmOvrmind.Ingame.SetGuestPriviliges(NS2GmOvrmind.Priviliges.None +
    NS2GmOvrmind.Priviliges.ConsoleCommand_LOGIN +
    NS2GmOvrmind.Priviliges.ConsoleCommand_HELP +
    NS2GmOvrmind.Priviliges.ConsoleCommand_MODINFO +
    NS2GmOvrmind.Priviliges.ConsoleCommand_SERVERINFO +
    NS2GmOvrmind.Priviliges.ConsoleCommand_PING);

i don't change the file NS2GmOvrmind_ServerConfiguration_Ingame.lua
    It's in "NS2GmOvrmind_ServerConfiguration_Ingame.lua".
    yep this file is by default
    And you're the only person with priviliges? I'm a bit out of answers in that case, might be a bug I'm not aware of.
    edited May 2011
    we are 2 with NS2GmOvrmind.Priviliges.All

i need to edit LaunchPlatform.xml ?
    You don't happen to be both in the server?

No files need to be edited for this mod, I can already see your server is running the mod properly. I'll check the mod to see if the reserved-slot functionality might've been broken at some point.
    yes we can play on the server the other admin and me if there is 2 slots free, but actually with 12/12 the server say : server full

thanks
    edited May 2011
    Is it possible to display text ingame via webadmin ?

Something like /say command ?
    edited May 2011
    with qstat on port 27016 i see 12/12
    on port 27017 i see 12/10, reservedslots=2
    An om_message-command was planned, but I've never gotten around to it, so it won't be added anymore at this point. Phyzor, your readings are correct, Om's query-responder automatically substracts the reservedslots from the maxslot-count, to hide them from the public.
    in the NS2 Browser (where i see all NS2 server), i see 12/12.

I have add some bots in the server, then i delete it, may be the problem is that.
    Oooh that would explain it. The reservedslot-system has been configured to ignore bots as players (due to the infamous phantom-client bug). If there are 8 humans + 2 bots, that only counts as 8 players, so humans would be able to join a 10/12 game and NOT get kicked. You probably shouldn't have bots on your server anyway, as (aside from screwing up GmOvrmind) they don't really do anything useful.

The NS2 ingame-browser only displays NS2's default query-responder, so it is correct you're seeing 12/12 there (instead of 12/10).
    i test it tomorrow.

When there is 8/12, i had kicked all bots, and people can do 12/12 but may be the server don't count the kick of bots.
    Bot are useful to attract people on the server :)
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    While i know it's up to the admin how they run their server, please don't resort to doing lame stuff, no one likes joining a server with bots, sure it may attract people but as soon as they enter they often get annoyed as they've been mislead, also if you have reserved slots that's fine but don't do it the way some do by making it so there are free slots, let the server be full and remove a player when someone with privileges joins, this allows the server to be used fully and won't waste anyone's time trying to join a mostly full server that they can't.
    <!--quoteo(post=1845969:date=May 13 2011, 03:02 PM:name=Magneto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Magneto @ May 13 2011, 03:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1845969"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->While i know it's up to the admin how they run their server, please don't resort to doing lame stuff, no one likes joining a server with bots, sure it may attract people but as soon as they enter they often get annoyed as they've been mislead, also if you have reserved slots that's fine but don't do it the way some do by making it so there are free slots, let the server be full and remove a player when someone with privileges joins, this allows the server to be used fully and won't waste anyone's time trying to join a mostly full server that they can't.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

that was a joke
    <!--quoteo(post=1845979:date=May 13 2011, 10:06 AM:name=vlnc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vlnc @ May 13 2011, 10:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1845979"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->that was a joke<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

MOU + HAHA = MOUHAHAHAHA
    edited May 2011
    A friend write a code with JQuery to transform the .xml from qtstat to a readable .html file.

<b><u>How it works ? :</u></b>

<u>1/ Create a .bat file and put the code from the "1st Part" into it.</u>

edit1 : you will maybe need to change the two paths (set path_qstat= and set path_browser=) if you put qstat and your browser into other path than mine.
    edit2 : Change the @IP with your server ip.

<u>2/ Create a .html file and put the code from the "2nd Part" into it.</u>
    <u>3/ Launch the .bat file</u>
    <u>4/ Profit.</u>

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->
    <b>1st Part = Here is the command line of qstat (in a .bat file) :</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->@echo off

set path_qstat="c:\Users\%username%\Documents\qstat-2.11-win32"
    set path_browser="c:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox"

%path_qstat%\qstat.exe -a2s @IP -R -P -xml -of %path_qstat%\result.xml

%path_browser%\firefox.exe %path_qstat%\index.html<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>2nd Part = Here is the code to put into a index.html :</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1--><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
    <html>
    <head></head>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script>

$(document).ready(  
    function()
    {
       $.ajax( {
                type: "GET",
                url: "result.xml",
                dataType: "xml",
                success: function(xml)
                         {

$(xml).find('server').each(  
                             function()
                             {

// recupere le hostname (une valeur)
                                var hostname = $(this).find('hostname').text();
                                var name = $(this).find('name').text();
                                var gametype = $(this).find('gametype').text();
                                var map = $(this).find('map').text();
                                var numplayers = $(this).find('numplayers').text();
                                var maxplayers = $(this).find('maxplayers').text();
                                var ping = $(this).find('ping').text();
                                var retries = $(this).find('retries').text();

$('<div></div>').html("<h1> Information Générale </h1>").appendTo('#Div_XML');;

$('<div id="hostname"></div>').html("<b>Hostname : </b>" + hostname).appendTo('#Div_XML');
                                $('<div id="name"></div>').html("<b>Name : </b>" + name).appendTo('#Div_XML');
                                $('<div id="map"></div>').html("<b>map : </b>" + map).appendTo('#Div_XML');
                                $('<div id="numplayers"></div>').html("<b>numplayers : </b>" + numplayers).appendTo('#Div_XML');
                                $('<div id="maxplayers"></div>').html("<b>maxplayers : </b>" + maxplayers).appendTo('#Div_XML');
                                $('<div id="ping"></div>').html("<b>ping : </b>" + ping).appendTo('#Div_XML');
                                $('<div id="retries"></div>').html("<b>retries : </b>" + retries).appendTo('#Div_XML');
                                $('<div id="gametype"></div>').html("<b>gametype : </b>" + gametype + "

").appendTo('#Div_XML');

$('<div></div>').html("<h1> Information Technique </h1>").appendTo('#Div_XML');;

// recupere un élément précis du tag rules (marche pas)
                                $(this).find('rule').each(
                                    function()
                                                {
                                                var name = $(this).attr('name');

var tickrate = $(this).text();
                                                $('<div id="rules"></div>').html("<b>" + name + "</b> <b>:</b> " +tickrate).appendTo('#Div_XML');

});
                              });
                          }
            });
      }
    );
    </script>
    <body>
    <div id="Div_XML"></div>
    </body>
    </html><!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1845969:date=May 13 2011, 07:02 AM:name=Magneto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Magneto @ May 13 2011, 07:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1845969"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->While i know it's up to the admin how they run their server, please don't resort to doing lame stuff, no one likes joining a server with bots, sure it may attract people but as soon as they enter they often get annoyed as they've been mislead, also if you have reserved slots that's fine but don't do it the way some do by making it so there are free slots, let the server be full and remove a player when someone with privileges joins, this allows the server to be used fully and won't waste anyone's time trying to join a mostly full server that they can't.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm actually hoping that someone (or even UWE) will make a system where you can fill a server with bots and as players join, they replace a bot. Though, it would be nice if UWE instituted a filter in the server browser so people who didn't want to join a server with bots could filter then out.
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1846018:date=May 13 2011, 08:40 PM:name=ScardyBob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ScardyBob @ May 13 2011, 08:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1846018"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm actually hoping that someone (or even UWE) will make a system where you can fill a server with bots and as players join, they replace a bot. Though, it would be nice if UWE instituted a filter in the server browser so people who didn't want to join a server with bots could filter then out.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Please dear god no.
    NS2 is a far too complex game for bots to handle, i would never set my foot in a botted server - it would just be a complete waste of my time.