NS2 Progress

Comments

• AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    UK vs US spelling. Same for armory/armoury.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    UK was here first, so I'm more in the right... if there is such a thing.
  • Heroman117Heroman117 Join Date: 2010-07-28 Member: 73268Members
    Technically it is a US website but it doesn't really make a difference whichever spelling you use when trying to get your ideas across.
  • SomeMiceDrinkingTeaSomeMiceDrinkingTea Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103818Members
    Could someone please tell me what "Catalyze" does please.
  • SampsonSampson Join Date: 2012-01-06 Member: 139769Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1895636:date=Jan 18 2012, 06:37 PM:name=SomeMiceDrinkingTea)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SomeMiceDrinkingTea @ Jan 18 2012, 06:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1895636"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Could someone please tell me what "Catalyze" does please.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

if it's the same as NS1, i'd assume it'd speed up marine movement and/or fire rate for a brief period of time... dropped by commander.
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    edited January 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1895585:date=Jan 18 2012, 08:34 PM:name=Wolpertinger)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wolpertinger @ Jan 18 2012, 08:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1895585"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c" target="_blank">this shotgun</a> ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Holy crap.

American documentations talk about weapons as if they'd be cool and a nice thing to have. Scary country.

...and scary weapon.

Edit: Oh yeah, and thanks for supporting my point with this impressive demonstration of current human technology ;)
  • simonzzzzzsimonzzzzz Join Date: 2010-04-09 Member: 71275Members
    1. Add ability for marine and alien commanders to select all players (would be much more convinient to give out orders)
    2. Add ability for commanders to select all structures of one kind by double clicking on a structure (easier for whip rushing, sentry turrent focusing, etc.)
    3. Add ability for commanders to modify a selected group. For example, after selecting 2 units, hold shift and click on another unit to have that unit in selection as well
    4. Overall Volume of NS2 is too low. Even after turning the sound volume to highest i can barely hear anything.

Keep up the goodwork guys! :)
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin-ns2 progress+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ns2 progress)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Design task Change # of allowed evolutions to # of hives has appeared with status Started<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Does this mean that if I wanted to go gorge and someone else started evolving before me, I can't go gorge? Fun.
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    Rather the amount of upgrades I'm guessing...
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1895934:date=Jan 19 2012, 06:21 PM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Jan 19 2012, 06:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1895934"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Rather the amount of upgrades I'm guessing...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ah, that makes sense.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2012
    Even though Fury was quite difficult to use, I actually miss Fury.

Now that the Whip no longer loses health when it steps off infestation, it would make an excellent rallying point for the alien team. Can we have it back please? :3
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Design task Change # of allowed evolutions to # of hives has appeared with status Started<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Does this mean that the number of higher lifeforms (gorge, lerk, fade, onos) is limited to the numbre of Hives? Or does this mean that the number of upgrades (regen, carapace, swarm, frenzy, etc) is limited?
  • juicejuice Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12886Members, Constellation
    When are they going to fix parasite weapon switching? When you parasite you can't quickly switch to bite. Boo.
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    Addressing the matter of skulks rushing the marines before the IP is built.

I think you should make the first IP ~2x faster to build and maybe do the same if the marine team have no IPs and the next one they build will be built 2x as fast. I suppose that will work.
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    edited January 2012
    Good ol' double posting!
  • juicejuice Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12886Members, Constellation
    Skulks won't rush as much if marines aren't so aggressive.

It's like complaining when you get rushed in starcraft if you never sacrifice workers to scout. It's a tradeoff, you have to decide what you want to do.
  • ogzogz Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9765Members
    im happy with marine starting with 1 ip (each map has a default CC starting point, why not a default IP starting point?

if you want to relocate you can recycle it along with your original CC, works the same way

and in return, just have slightly less starting res for marine team
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1896231:date=Jan 21 2012, 03:46 AM:name=juice)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (juice @ Jan 21 2012, 03:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1896231"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When are they going to fix parasite weapon switching? When you parasite you can't quickly switch to bite. Boo.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I wonder if it would be an option to just bind parasite to middle mouse button; keep the crosshair, and no need for switching between bite.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    any word on whether "Icons above players heads" will be optional?
    i really like the immersion from not having floating icons everywhere on screen, and if i want to know a name i just have to focus on that player. *shrugs*

thanks
  • DustehDusteh Join Date: 2011-07-25 Member: 112142Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1896424:date=Jan 21 2012, 05:54 PM:name=ironhorse)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ironhorse @ Jan 21 2012, 05:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1896424"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->any word on whether "Icons above players heads" will be optional?
    i really like the immersion from not having floating icons everywhere on screen, and if i want to know a name i just have to focus on that player. *shrugs*

thanks<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Agreed. Please make this optional, I personally think its fine how it is having to hover over the player to view their name.
  • WolpertingerWolpertinger Join Date: 2011-12-24 Member: 138958Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1897045:date=Jan 24 2012, 08:37 AM:name=Dusteh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dusteh @ Jan 24 2012, 08:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1897045"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Agreed. Please make this optional, I personally think its fine how it is having to hover over the player to view their name.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would like to see a special keybind like C for the minimap that would instantly overlay a lot of extra information in the hud. Like player names, structure-damage, etc. This way you would not have to see it all the time. Maybe make it even costumizable what would be seen all the time and what only when pressing the key.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1896321:date=Jan 21 2012, 07:44 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Jan 21 2012, 07:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1896321"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wonder if it would be an option to just bind parasite to middle mouse button; keep the crosshair, and no need for switching between bite.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You've missed the point entirely. The problem isn't that you can't switch between the weapons fast (you can), the problem is that the attack cooldown persists if you shoot a parasite and then switch to bite.

<!--quoteo(post=1897066:date=Jan 24 2012, 11:01 AM:name=Wolpertinger)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wolpertinger @ Jan 24 2012, 11:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1897066"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would like to see a special keybind like C for the minimap that would instantly overlay a lot of extra information in the hud. Like player names, structure-damage, etc. This way you would not have to see it all the time. Maybe make it even costumizable what would be seen all the time and what only when pressing the key.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Fantastic idea. Make it a toggle on/off key.
    edited January 2012
    <!--QuoteBegin-progress+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (progress)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Design task Rename TSA has appeared with status Started<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Trans-System Authority isn't good anymore? Or is it because of the real world TSA. I guess it makes sense if it's a different group fighting the alien threat now.

Anyways, it would be awesome if the frontiersmen name was brought back, alongside with kharaa. Specifically in ready rooms. Those names give a strong identity which the helpful but generic names don't quite give.

<a href="http://fc01.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/106/4/7/NS__TSA_Frontiersmen.jpg" target="_blank">http://fc01.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/...rontiersmen.jpg</a>
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2012
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1897164:date=Jan 25 2012, 06:38 AM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Jan 25 2012, 06:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1897164"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You've missed the point entirely. The problem isn't that you can't switch between the weapons fast (you can), the problem is that the attack cooldown persists if you shoot a parasite and then switch to bite.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I didn't miss the point at all. I was suggesting a feature that I (and I'm sure many others) would find useful. It was a tangent, admittedly, but it was closely related. Clearly, you're the one who missed my point.
  • Malachai13Malachai13 Join Date: 2010-11-09 Member: 74845Members
    edited January 2012
    *rename TSA* How about FSC/FSA (Frontier System Commandos/Frontier System Authority) or CSSF/CSF (Colonial System Special Forces or Colonial System Fronteirsmen) or something like that? :3

*edit* OHH! or Colonial System Commandos! (CSC) :3
  • SmasherSmasher Join Date: 2005-03-06 Member: 43732Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1897179:date=Jan 24 2012, 08:54 PM:name=IeptBarakat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IeptBarakat @ Jan 24 2012, 08:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1897179"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Anyways, it would be awesome if the frontiersmen name was brought back, alongside with kharaa. Specifically in ready rooms. Those names give a strong identity which the helpful but generic names don't quite give.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    +1 for Frontiersmen+Kharaa!
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited January 2012
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Limited resources per nozzle<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Are you serious UWE-Team?
    Hmm, it works with Starcraft, but will it work with NS2?
    its something interesting, but what is, if for example marines beat the whole map, over a long time, aliens defend very well and catch on and on the nodes back, but there like empty, whats the point?
    I don't think this will be good for the gameplay...
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I remember way back before NS1 was released they tried out limited resources... or am I confusing that with when nozzles were permanently destroyed after an extractor on them was destroyed?
  • rhombusrhombus Lerk Queen Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106055Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1897877:date=Jan 28 2012, 07:22 AM:name=Price)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Price @ Jan 28 2012, 07:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1897877"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are you serious UWE-Team?
    Hmm, it works with Starcraft, but will it work with NS2?
    its something interesting, but what is, if for example marines beat the whole map, over a long time, aliens defend very well and catch on and on the nodes back, but there like empty, whats the point?
    I don't think this will be good for the gameplay...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We're working closely with UWE on this.