Will Subnautica be getting an Xbox Series X/S upgrade?

MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
I was just watching State of Play and it said the ps4 version of the original Subnautica will get a free upgrade for the ps5.

Does anyone know if Xbox will get an upgrade too?

Will the Xbox One version get a free Xbox Series X/S version?

Comments

• ganjamonsterganjamonster Ny Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245484Members
    I’d like to know also. Where’s the Xbox series x update??
  • ThyfateThyfate Join Date: 2021-05-07 Member: 269795Members
    edited May 2021
    I concur as many other users too. Will Xbox series X's original Subnautica get an upgrade ? I have bought the game on Xbox and got it for free from Sony. Since a free upgrade has been mentioned for PS5, I would like to know whether support will be the same for both versions because I'd rather buy Below Zero on Xbox. Not upgrading the original Xbox version would not be a very good signal and would delay my purchase of Below Zero
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Yes, if you own Subnautica on the original XboxOne, you will be able to update it to the Series X|S version for free as part of Smart Delivery.
  • LuxProLuxPro Novato, CA Join Date: 2021-05-11 Member: 269891Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Yes, if you own Subnautica on the original XboxOne, you will be able to update it to the Series X|S version for free as part of Smart Delivery.

Does Below Zero have any advantage on Series X over PS5? I see PS5 supports the DualSense controller, so I'm wondering if Series X has an edge with graphics/performance. I'm currently not sure which version to buy... Would make for a great Digital Foundry analysis.
  • MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
    Obraxis wrote: »

Any idea when this upgrade will be released
  • ThyfateThyfate Join Date: 2021-05-07 Member: 269795Members
    The original Subnautica Series X upgrade is released! So beautiful... Thanks to the developers! So glad I also preordered Below Zero
  • ganjamonsterganjamonster Ny Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245484Members
    Thank you for the update, runs like butter on the series x , pre ordering below zero right now:)
  • realjammerrealjammer Join Date: 2021-05-20 Member: 270428Members
    I am having an issue where I can’t play my save from the series x on my Xbox one x, they are different versions now.

Will this be fixed