Ideas For Subnautica Below Zero

Comments

• empleatempleat Join Date: 2019-09-10 Member: 254661Members
    edited September 2019
    -There should be editor like sdk, not lame in game editor, i don't know what sdk they are using, but some sdks have already features and models from their game. This game would be nice if modded, there are not story mods, or new maps. Only some features, which are useless after finishing the game.

Retain what was good in first game:

-Focus on a story, story was good in this game, enigmatic alien bases and unlocking some of the information or reading crew logs. This game needs more story and side missions and clues you can follow on, as it is exploration game, cutting through doors with laser cutters and finding new equipment felt extremely rewarding, need more mechanics like this.

- terror of meeting survival needs, or like losing submarine
    - thrill of exploration having no idea what you find next

-Need QoL changes a lot, not saying make game easy, but make it more practical, also you can make difficulty setting and bars for tweaking different features during game, like in console command nosurvival, eating was to extreme in subnautica, had to turn that off, couldn't do anything in the game !!! :
    1. For example cyclops, you have to keep items in multiple lockers, even if you can name it, you have to categorize everything and split resources between lockers, this is future, why not just make one big storage, where you can put all your stuff and that storage can be upgraded.
    2. Bigger inventory, not saying make game easy, but more practical, even if you optimize your inventory for minimal stuff you need, there is not much space and you cant always empty your inventory before you go somewhere and than get it back, because you would be doing that million times as every time you need something else. Which would shift game more towards building what you like instead looting all the time
    3. Showing number of different items in inventory
    4. Filtering inventory by items, like titan etc. and having collapse all and expand button !
    5. Filtering blueprints by category and having collapse all and expand button !
    6. Disabling scanning station remotely, or disabling chip hud with hotkey
    7. Prawn suit grapling hook stays attached, so you don't need to hold it all time
    8. Nuclear reactor for a sub, no one wants to swap power cells all time, if you could run all time for nuclear there would be no fear of stucking in sub under 1300m, make rector go critical, or random issues, don't make it easy, but don't make players swap 50 times power cell, which is crazy and to tedious

Design:
    Increase spawning rate of resources, i used maps and i was exploring 5 areas over 1 hour and find only 3 shale crops, and i was looking at the edges and into caves etc everywhere. This doesn't make game harder only more annoying. I think this is why this game has less players that it should for its rating, majority of people quit this game because of this. It is to tedious and annoying, you can easily make limiter, which you can set resource rate, so most hardcore players won't complain.

Ideas:
    -Make random terrain generator if possible, to have unlimited possibilities to travel to new areas, there could be basic area which stays all same and behind in other edges randomly generated area
    -Make one ditch 10km long with many dangers
    -Large cliffs fall down to water and cause massive tsunami.
    -Dynamic weather
    -Your habitat can be damaged and deteriorate
    -Expand on idea of structural integrity, focus more on building and placement, than on looting

Cyclops ideas:
    -make launching net to capture monsters for limited time, but don't allow to kill them easily, as game is more suspenseful, if you could kill them easily there would no fear of them
    -i would like more interaction between monsters and cyclops, you just launch decoy, or raise shield and try to run away
    -allow to destroy leviathans at looting areas later, there is no way to kill leviathans only by bug, in looting areas like aurora wreck where are blueprints you need, don't allow to kill leviathans in depths where you looting kyanite
  • Paul-HewsonPaul-Hewson Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63737Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Abmong wrote: »
    Would love to see the ability the turn the lights in your rooms on/off (not just power up/down). Better yet if we could get the ability to set mood lighting levels/lighting colour for each room. And more lighting fixtures like desk lamps, wall lamps etc. Make it happen... Plzzzzz o:)

I follow this idea, in the darkness of the deep ocean, being able to control the light would be great. Room by room. Having the possibility for a range of color too and if possible different level of illumination and not just light on or off. Lots of irl lamp got few level of adjustment if not very precize and control.
    I am still playing the first Subnautica and not the sequel for now, and some of these beautiful plant you craft inside or outside, that could light room or the ocean's floor. But all the inside light kill that environment light that would make the scene incredibly amazing.

Next idea : for the 3rd chapter, make it online coop compatible so we can enjoy the planet 4546B with some friends or random people on online servers.
  • MoWMoW 4546B Join Date: 2019-03-19 Member: 251841Members
    Make a Option for the Pathfindertool to change the size of the Arrows, for a Better overview
    Or an Modul for the Seatruck to make Seamarks (mybe with the beacons) for a Better overview
    Or Seamarktorpedos
    Lavalamps in small, middle, Big ;)
    more Stuff for Dekoration, maybe collectebels. (Posters, minimodels(like the mini Aurora).etc...),
    more Baseparts And Stairways for Better and more complex Base building
  • Hammer775Hammer775 Idaho Join Date: 2019-04-23 Member: 252503Members
    With regards to the SeaTruck, I've been thinking about how a a "Titanic Mode" might work.

Right now, top speed is reduced by having more cars attached.
    I'd like to suggest leaving top speed mostly unchanged, and having the added weight affect acceleration, deceleration, and momentum more instead.
    Circling back to "Titanic Mode", you'd find yourself shouting "Iceberg, right ahead" just before you realize impact is unavoidable and you explode.
    It would make the SeaTruck more of an open-water, mobile base and limit its use in confined spaces.
    This would be a more realistic response to a longer SeaTruck. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be fun, and is a terrible idea, but I just had to get it off my chest.

Also, the Storage module capacity seems really limited, for what it is...
  • ided2012ided2012 USA Join Date: 2019-09-30 Member: 254891Members
    wgdrm8wo4kmk.jpg

If there ever will be a new vehicle, my suggestion would be my idea of the Seasnake. The Seasnake would be the same width and height of a Seamoth, but would be 4 separate units in length. The first unit will be the command station, or where you drive the Seasnake. Located up top you will find the area where a power cell takes place. On the bottom of the vehicle is the hatch to get inside. When inside the character will already be in steering position but pressing a certain button on the console controller will allow you to enter the other units of the Seasnake. The next two units will have windows on top and a fabricator in one unit, and a decoy tube storage in the other. The last unit is the engine unit, and cannot be entered, but outside on the back there is a big propeller and 4 wings around the propeller. The Seasnakes depth will be 300 meters, but with new modules its MK3 depth will be 1000 meters.
  • Lethal_CaneLethal_Cane Tucson AZ Join Date: 2019-07-17 Member: 253779Members
    What about an emergency floatation device (Air blatter) on the sea glide. (Basically, a way to combine the two)
  • ThatGuyXanthThatGuyXanth 4546B Join Date: 2019-10-07 Member: 254953Members
    edited October 2019
    I have an idea for the lore! (Credit - Anthomnia)
    So, Marguerite Maida has the Hivemind around her sea-base in Below Zero, right?
    Well here's a "hunch" per say.
    The ship that had crashed on 4546B (Before the Degasi) would have specimens of the Hivemind to study far, far away from Federation space. The ship crashes into 4546B, releasing the Hivemind which would live dormant on the planet for years.
    Maida has ties to the battles in Natural Selection, so once she was done with that, she went on freelance as a security agent. She meets the Degasi and those events unfold into Below Zero. Alterra launches the Aurora to do the slingshot maneuver over 4546B to recover the Degasi crew. The Aurora goes down, Ryley Robinson cures the Kharaa, and Maida lives on the planet. The Hivemind still have signal to the mind itself, and sees Maida as a threat when she enters the Arctic to live out her days. By this time the Vesper has moved in snug, and Robin Goodall discovers Maida's sea-base just before the Hivemind attack. Hence Maida's absence at said base. Goodall would later meet Maida, who is skiddish after encountering an old enemy, and try to help her. But Maida sees Goodall and sees Bart Torgal, and runs from her past once again. Later to be killed by the Hivemind (Cutscene?).
    That's my idea for the lore! Please give feedback, and Unknown Worlds, keep up the great work. It's been one hell of a ride, and I can't wait for the next.
    -A Subnautica fan since 2014
  • gsnaponfiregsnaponfire Join Date: 2019-10-29 Member: 255220Members
    To increase the difficulty and the fear factor, it would be great to have roaming environments for predator leviathans, especially bleeding into “safe” environments.
  • aidiebugaidiebug Florida Join Date: 2019-10-30 Member: 255230Members
    I had a dream recently that fit in perfectly with the below zero version it included a new leviathan that was gray matching the terrain with long jaws and a weird muscle like mass at the tip of its mouth that connects to the top and the bottom part of the inner jaw it’s body is really long with a spiky look that runs down the entire body. Where I imagine this leviathan would be found would be where the glow whales are found being peaceful towards the whales because they are too big to eat quickly
  • Forgotten_ScientistForgotten_Scientist Join Date: 2019-10-31 Member: 255237Members
    I would love to see the Frozen Leviathan in action. In addition, my theory on the origins of this creature, (with hacking to find data) is that this creatures home base is the cave it is found in. It crawled into the cave, but its tail was trapped in a cave in, probably from the Precursor experiments or Ice Worn tunneling . The water level rose, not killing the creature because it is half aquatic, but the water froze around it, thus sending it into something like hibernation. The frigid temperatures probably killed any trace of the Kharaa bacterium(which it probably got from the Precursors before this scenario), leaving a fully preserved, perfectly healthy, hibernating leviathan super species. 1000 years later, we find it in the ice as a preserved ancient beast. When the operation finishes excavating it, it will probably wake up and proceed to cause a significant decrease in the nearby fauna. Again that is nothing but my theory. I love the Subnautica games and the theories that arise from unsolved mysteries.
  • Forgotten_ScientistForgotten_Scientist Join Date: 2019-10-31 Member: 255237Members
    Also, a theory on the eerily still Hive-Mind. The original creatures were infected with the Kharaa bacterium but lived through and assimilated the Kharra, evolved throughout the years, and finally became the Hive Mind where all the organisms are connected via their ¨hive mind¨.
  • DreaguhDreaguh Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255325Members
    As a long long long time supporter of the game I would really like to see us be able to use our Hull Plates from the early days of Subnautica

1vwho4ht2yws.jpg

For helping support the game during it's very early stages some were rewarded these, I would like to be able to continue to use them in Subnautica 2, they are a badge a dash of bragging rights.
    edited November 2019
    We need anything to Clean Up the unused Seatruck Module at/on/in the Base!
    a Garage-Basepart or
    a Base-SeatruckModule-Connector or
    a SeatruckBasedockModule

v5cl2qkp1zg7.jpg
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    hdhdu wrote: »
    Make the ice worm tameable and then you can ride it to anywhere on the ice

how would you even manage to do that
  • Poots21Poots21 Join Date: 2019-11-18 Member: 255672Members
    I have a simple but sure to be welcomed feature . Albeit a small one. Can the developers add a toggle option for running? Sometimes I use an Xbox One controller and holding down the analog button can get tiresome.
  • ShemrockskiShemrockski MI USA Join Date: 2019-11-21 Member: 255747Members
    Glass base compartments . Why arent they in the game I love building my base out of them in Subnautica . just seams like a weird decision since all they big base modules can have glass ceilings now . And PLEASE! I am begging you bring back the original Robin voice actor the new one is awful .
  • ShemrockskiShemrockski MI USA Join Date: 2019-11-21 Member: 255747Members
    Opening to the game Robin is being deployed to the surface for the first time in a drop pod on the way down has a little interaction with sis over coms and then an unexpected meteor shower hits the station and pod sending her off course and crashing into the water . the whole story part with Alan which is inspired btw can be discoverable through exploration / survival . the Idea of fixing the radio tower can also be discoverable and waypoints to progressing the story can be Known points of interest from the research mission with people trying to radio the base and you go to find them but they are gone from various accidents . just a thoughtkeep all the stuff like the frozen leviathon and wrecked ships and DEFINITLEY MAIDA but more world discovery less forced mission progression I LOVED how subnautica was survival first story second and barely discoverable but REALLY good story . this has the same potential just dont force it
  • S_BorealisS_Borealis UK Join Date: 2019-11-21 Member: 255748Members
    Hi folks,

Just got BZ and enjoying it so far. Oxygen plants are a particular highlight. They're a great design and streamline exploration, which I appreciate, while also still keeping you on your toes.

Suggestions:
    • Seaglide. This applies to Sub1 too, but I'd put money on nobody ever using the hologram pop-up function. Can it simply be removed (or give it a radio button in the options menu) and replaced with a simple light on/off? It's annoying having to constantly right click through the settings. Also, I'm encountering an over-abundance of seaglide fragments.
    • Simple organisation. A quality of life improvement would be an auto-sort function (there's a mod in Sub1 that does it and it's essential in my view). When you have lots and lots of resources it can quickly become a time-consuming chore having to organise them. Somewhere you can just dump your resources off and it'll put them into your lockers (this could also be an external module for your base so you don't even have to enter your base). Similarly, when you use the fabricator, your resources will automatically be removed so you don't have to constantly run to/from lockers. Please, please, please!
    • A snap-to-grid function (grid's the wrong word, but you understand what I'm saying), particularly for lockers so you can get them evenly spaced and at the same height. Important for people me who like their bases neat and tidy!
  • DiESF1RSTDiESF1RST Earth Join Date: 2019-11-20 Member: 255702Members
    edited November 2019
    [h1]Disclosure[/h1]

I am the person who made a not so respectful rant about the writing in this title almost a year ago, constantly asking "WHO WROTE THIS!!!???" repeatedly (especially throughout the section where I covered the Sanctuary sequence).

I apologize for that. While I'd like to say I reacted that way because I hold you all at Unknown Worlds to a very high standard (which might actually be unfair), there is ultimately no excuse for that behavior.

I deeply apologize for that inexcusable behavior.

[h1]About My Re:Visit[/h1]

I hadn't played SBZ in a long time, and of course finally decided to come back and see what you all at UW have done. I started with Hardocre (its the only mode I’m willing to play in both S and SBZ).

Not even 10 minutes in yet and im already happy with how the writing has changed! Seriously, I’ve yet to crawl into the escape pod yet and im already impressed with both the changes in story and (more specifically) the dialog.

I like that real stakes are being acknowledged.

I like that snark has been removed the dialog (original sequences severely hurt the immersion imo).

And I especially love that Robin’s reactions to the situation she’s in is much more reasonable AND believable. (Just FYI, BELIEVABILITY is the backbone of immersion… If your audience doesn't believe the world, scenario, characters they are experiencing, then audience immersion dies. I am so glad UW is addressing this!)

Shortly after my original rant of the writing, I started a suggestion doc to offer alternative to a few of the beginning sequences (The doc has no rants, no outbursts, and is entirely respectable), however the document was not completed (due to school and medical issues). Regardless, while I am very satisfied with the new direction of the writing, I do believe it can still be improved. I would like to offer my original suggestions.

h t t p s : //docs.google.com/document/d/1eULQ2nHgnzdkV8AJUNp0m_cmrG6LMLnjBBnsxD1d2-4/edit?usp=sharing
    (link is also posted on the Steam Discussions post as well)

This isn't to suggest total replacements, after all some of the new writings I believe should absolutely remain.

Perfect example, having the Vesper be struck by a meteor is a great way to make immediate rescue impossible, further exacerbating Robin’s situation as dire! Personally, I’d suggest having a newly discovered facility somewhere on world be responsible for the damage to Vesper. Like, one of the PDA’s the player can find in base is one stating that another team discovered another facility elsewhere, and it accidentally gets activated while that team was seeking shelter from the storm. This facility is one that does not need to exist for the player to discover, just have this as a world building asset. This to me seems much more believable to occur than the Vesper being hit by a meteor.

Again, my document isn't done, and I have no idea when it will be since im currently in recovery while trying to finish my last semester. Unknown Worlds, If ya’ll want me to finish it I can, I would be happy to contribute to your amazing work!

But for now at least, that document has to remain on the back-burner.

Other than this, I am excited to experience the story changes!
  • kroolikkroolik Join Date: 2019-11-23 Member: 255837Members
    After having just lost 1:30H of gameplay due to a crash, I suggest an auto-save feature :D
  • HeatsReefHeatsReef Austria Join Date: 2019-11-24 Member: 255871Members
    Just to make it clear, I have not read threw the whole suggestions category, so please do not blame me for suggesting anything that has already been suggested.

The mineralscanner should have an second interaction-button, that is able to display all the minerals at once in a list, circle, squares (like in satisfactory), i think you get what i mean.
    Also a tracked vehicle would have been cool, something like a piste device(Google-Translator), but i think you decided to not add more vehicles.

Btw the Story got so much better.
  • KEYKEYKEYKEY Join Date: 2019-11-25 Member: 255893Members
    I would play it all day long if the game were multiplayer
  • FeiwuzeiFeiwuzei Hawaii Join Date: 2019-11-17 Member: 255638Members
    edited November 2019
    Hammer775 wrote: »
    With regards to the SeaTruck, I've been thinking about how a a "Titanic Mode" might work.

Right now, top speed is reduced by having more cars attached.
    I'd like to suggest leaving top speed mostly unchanged, and having the added weight affect acceleration, deceleration, and momentum more instead.
    Circling back to "Titanic Mode", you'd find yourself shouting "Iceberg, right ahead" just before you realize impact is unavoidable and you explode.
    It would make the SeaTruck more of an open-water, mobile base and limit its use in confined spaces.
    This would be a more realistic response to a longer SeaTruck. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be fun, and is a terrible idea, but I just had to get it off my chest.

Also, the Storage module capacity seems really limited, for what it is...

The problem in general in Subnautica and BLZ is that the physics engine is not based on reality, e.g. you approach the surface very slowly and still manage to try dolphin jump, but no land surface to land on, and you fall back 2m. (I always have to use space to avoid this.) Inertia is not existent. It seems to be all area of interaction rather than any real physics. You come within a meter of something and the response is almost always the same. So good Idea, but they would have to rewrite the whole physics engine.(might fix the constant wobble interaction though of floating EQ or modules.)
    I suggest a module that makes the Seatruck an actual work vehicle instead of an underwater RV. A grav trap and storage unit for a dragnet. Just cruise along less than 10m from bottom and it would pickup everything along the way, or what ever the range of the grav trap is. You would have a max limit to items pickup, X power output for 10x items. It would be very energy hungry, but you could have multiple power settings.

I am sure people would complain no filters, but it is only a dragnet. Picks up all your trash etc. It could also incorporate more Power Cells for increase range of the whole Seatruck. The Prawn suit has something similar when you pick items, it auto puts them in the storage despite the obvious lack of dexterity of the suit to reach behind itself. If it was just a dragnet you would have to exit and pick items, but it could have an auto storage like the Prawn suit.
    MoW wrote: »
    We need anything to Clean Up the unused Seatruck Module at/on/in the Base!
    a Garage-Basepart or
    a Base-SeatruckModule-Connector or
    a SeatruckBasedockModule

v5cl2qkp1zg7.jpg

Run into them about 3-4 times with the Seatruck and boom they fall apart, can't scan pieces on the seabottom, but the disappear after a base entry. (Already happens)
  • kaden_is_manleykaden_is_manley Hot Springs, Arkansas Join Date: 2019-11-30 Member: 256045Members
    Hey guys I emailed the devs about this but I think it would be a great idea if Subnautica: Below Zero had robots that came with the scanner room that could retrieve materials like titanium, quartz, lead, lithium, etc. These robots would run off of one battery and would only be able to go as far as the scanner room would reach. These robots of course would be upgradeable and you would have to tell them what items to get through the scanner room console. They would not bring materials back very fast either but I thought this was a great idea and would cut out at least a little bit of the grind of getting simple materials.
  • MatzalMatzal Sweden Join Date: 2019-12-01 Member: 256077Members
    Co-Op :)
    Please ad Co-Op so people can play together, for example, Pewdiepie and Jackscepticeye could play duo when it's released
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    The pinned thread at the top says co-op or other multiplayer isn't happening for Subnautica for technical reasons. Below Zero is the same base coding with new effects added in, and a very single-player story. This makes multiplayer even more difficult, and therefore not worth the investment.
  • moodysmoodys Join Date: 2019-12-06 Member: 256188Members
    Hey guys I emailed the devs about this but I think it would be a great idea if Subnautica: Below Zero had robots that came with the scanner room that could retrieve materials like titanium, quartz, lead, lithium, etc. These robots would run off of one battery and would only be able to go as far as the scanner room would reach. These robots of course would be upgradeable and you would have to tell them what items to get through the scanner room console. They would not bring materials back very fast either but I thought this was a great idea and would cut out at least a little bit of the grind of getting simple materials.

or you could build floating structure and this structure will be with drone. and you can have in your inventory bags for example you fill your inventory and you use one of these bags (somethink like beacon or waterproof locker) and this bag give 4x4 you transfer some of your staff there and then you let that deploy and bag go on surface where dron can pick it up and save it on that platform and after 10 bags you will must go to collect your stuff from that floating structure. And also you will be able to upgrade it for more space, faster flying drone, more drones, and whatever... :D