Game has been “Saving game” for over 30 mins now

WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
As the title says , I’ve just done a fair bit on subnautica and went to save , it’s been saying saving game for over half hour , not really sure what to do , will it eventually save or am I gonna have to start from last save again ?

Comments

• NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue
    Yeah, sometimes it takes me three or four days to save a game.
  • Hunter387Hunter387 Join Date: 2018-07-01 Member: 241853Members
    The glitch is an apparent and well know glitch that happens to a lot of people. It happened to me once and I was literally leaving the
    alien containment facility aka the prison
    about to beat the game then and there and then I click save and you know all hell brakes lose my game is dropping frames by ya second world isn’t loading glitching trough walls ugh bad times, oh and my saving triangle stayed there for about 30 minutes but sadly according o my research there is nothing to do but exit the game restart your Xbox and start back from when you last saved. Lesson learned try saving like every 5 minutes.
  • happywheelsaszhappywheelsasz Việt Nam Join Date: 2018-08-30 Member: 243122Members
    This is a great little post with some valuable tips. I totally agree. The way you bring passion and engagement into the things you do can really change your outlook on live.

• ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    2 years ago the dev's suggested that you set the XB for a cold start(ECO start).
    The also said to press and hold the on\off for 10-20 seconds. That usually works for me.
    Enjoy!!!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We're hoping this issue will be fixed in 1.0 - as a number of saving issues have been addressed by Panic Button.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    One more bit of happy news,

I wasn't able to get cloud sync to function (Sep 2018) on my XB1S UNTIL I removed old copies of Subnatiica on my two(2) older XBs while connected. I was asked witch save to use, the current save or a save from May 2017. Since then the sync was always worked.
    Happy days!!!
  • VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members
    Wow. This happens a lot on Xbox. I know that Xbox runs significantly worse than computer, so it will be fixed soon. Usually, if you do too much before saves, it glitches. I usually use it as an excuse to mess with console commands, and to see how cool a reaper would look next to my base.
  • myanime002myanime002 Memphis,TN,United States Join Date: 2018-10-21 Member: 244252Members
    I couldn't get cloud match up to work (Sep 2018) on my XB1S UNTIL I expelled old duplicates of Subnatiica on my two(2) more seasoned XBs while associated. I have requested that witch spare utilize, the current spare or a spare from May 2017. From that point forward the match up was constantly worked.
  • jowick113jowick113 member Join Date: 2019-04-24 Member: 252527Members
    Yeah, sometimes it takes me three or four days to save a game.
  • DextriusDextrius Virginia Beach Join Date: 2019-04-25 Member: 252547Members
    There seems to be months of complaint around this topic. In the past three days I have had to do hard XBOX shut downs. The game is CONSTANTLY getting stuck in “saving game”. I have lost hours in the past few days. I have tried suggestions, tweaks and guesswork with no real success. I actually bought this game on steam and Xbox. I’m frustrated and disappointed that a problem can go on for so long with no real attention or feedback from devs. I’m so sick of reverting to old saves. Attempts to save often so I don’t lose content are met with long breaks in gameplay due to the save time. So it’s dont save for awhile and then get screwed with hours lost OR save often but constantly stand still after saves and hope that it is gonna work but still have time lost.

Current “saving game” at 40 minutes....third or fourth time today. Sixth or seventh time in two days.

Can I please get some official feedback on this??

Just don’t know what to do honestly.
  • xxxxnoodlexxxxxxxxnoodlexxxx Join Date: 2018-11-16 Member: 244743Members
    How is this STILL an issue?
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    Dextrius wrote: »
    There seems to be months of complaint around this topic. In the past three days I have had to do hard XBOX shut downs. The game is CONSTANTLY getting stuck in “saving game”. I have lost hours in the past few days. I have tried suggestions, tweaks and guesswork with no real success. I actually bought this game on steam and Xbox. I’m frustrated and disappointed that a problem can go on for so long with no real attention or feedback from devs. I’m so sick of reverting to old saves. Attempts to save often so I don’t lose content are met with long breaks in gameplay due to the save time. So it’s dont save for awhile and then get screwed with hours lost OR save often but constantly stand still after saves and hope that it is gonna work but still have time lost.

Current “saving game” at 40 minutes....third or fourth time today. Sixth or seventh time in two days.

Hi @Dextrius , this doesn't sound like an issue of just slow saving but one where it is caught indefinitely in some state where it can't finish saving.
    1. When you try saving often, how long between saves would you say you wait?
    2. How much time is there between saves where you get into these indefinite saving situations?
    3. Do any of those >5min saves ever complete?

There are two issues I'm seeing: save time can be very long and interrupt gameplay, and that larger saves are getting into a state where they fail to complete and you're left losing a large chunk of play time after waiting an incredibly long time.

I'm going to talk to the team about some fail safes and solving the issue, I'd like to get the fail safes in ASAP so that you have the chance to retry saving in a worst case scenario. I'm really sorry this happened to you, and if you don't mind me reaching out to you directly I can try to work with you to reproduce this issue on our side.
  • xxxxnoodlexxxxxxxxnoodlexxxx Join Date: 2018-11-16 Member: 244743Members
    madsauce wrote: »

Hi @Dextrius , this doesn't sound like an issue of just slow saving but one where it is caught indefinitely in some state where it can't finish saving.
    2. How much time is there between saves where you get into these indefinite saving situations?

There are two issues I'm seeing: save time can be very long and interrupt gameplay, and that larger saves are getting into a state where they fail to complete and you're left losing a large chunk of play time after waiting an incredibly long time.

I'm going to talk to the team about some fail safes and solving the issue, I'd like to get the fail safes in ASAP so that you have the chance to retry saving in a worst case scenario. I'm really sorry this happened to you, and if you don't mind me reaching out to you directly I can try to work with you to reproduce this issue on our side.

I really hope you guys get it all sorted out. I can't save at all. Infinite loading and have to quit to dashboard. Kinda silly that this wasn't an issue in the game preview version, but I'm not a programmer. Just please, please make this a priority issue!
  • AnaMarshallAnaMarshall Join Date: 2019-05-01 Member: 252663Members
    I see several additional aspects here to be added here.
  • DextriusDextrius Virginia Beach Join Date: 2019-04-25 Member: 252547Members
    @madsauce Thank you so much for your response. My work has been insane this past week so sorry for not responding sooner.

To answer your questions:

When I would attempt to save "often", it would usually be about 30 minutes or so. I will say that obviously the game can really produce an immersive experience and I would lose track of time.

I don't have a consistent timeframe that would produce an indefinite save situation, BUT what I do know is the range. The shortest save gap that would not save was 38 minutes (exactly) and the longest being 3 hours 31 minutes (that one sucked).

One suggestion from other players was to immediately press "Pause" after selecting save, I saw that this possibly helped but not always. After this day of the original posting, I honestly did start saving about every 10-20 minutes just to avoid losing content. Saves were still very slow with longer than usual wait times.

I'm new to the forums because I honestly haven't had to post anything. I do not mind you reaching out to me directly however you need to to help with this issue. Like I said, I've bought this game twice lol. I recommend the hell out of it to other friends too. In this day and age, it's such a rarity to have a great game, without AAA drama, microtransactions, lacking in plot, etc etc. I'm still overall happy but the problems above are clearly limiting me in the game.

I haven't notice these issues on Steam (my PC is exceptionally powerful). I honestly knew XBOX would be worse with it's hardware, but the big screen and theater experience made up for it. Hopefully this issue can be solved.
  • MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
    I've notice this too.

Saving takes ages. It doesn't take 30 minutes for me but it often does take a minute or two.

In fact loading times are broken too. It can get stuck on loading level for a couple of minutes with no HDD activity.

Something is definitely broken with the xbox one version of the game.
  • slider48slider48 Join Date: 2019-05-13 Member: 252866Members
    Yes, crashing with a load of ion cubes and kyanite for the third time has put me off it for a while. Unfortunately it is the only game I like. I'd be happy to buy a new improved SubN but I have the feeling that they'll be fixing bugs in the next Frozen premature release. Any suggestions for an old gamer?
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    1.0 UPDATE OUT STILL THE SAME ISSUE. seems like forced hardcore. but just do one run no saves. if you dont die your boss
  • jimmud124jimmud124 Ny Join Date: 2019-11-13 Member: 255565Members
    Still happening in November 19. Can't even load my workd back up because I had to dashboard. 32 hours gone.
  • lckysk8erlckysk8er United states Join Date: 2019-12-21 Member: 256613Members
    date: December 20th
    Game not saving. I left my xbox on for 8hrs and it still says game is still saving.
    THIS NEEDS TO BE A PRIORITY.
    You cant play the game if you cant save.
    Ive already lost 5hrs of gameplay.
    Is this issue ever going to be fixed?
  • Sergey_KSergey_K Russian Federation Join Date: 2020-01-10 Member: 257086Members
    Had this situation just yesterday.
  • freekkcfreekkc Join Date: 2020-01-19 Member: 257287Members
    Issue still persists needs to be fixed asap
  • JustsomedudeonforumJustsomedudeonforum Join Date: 2020-03-02 Member: 258443Members
    Second of March and It's still there
    For God's sake fix it allready
  • Ape21Ape21 India Join Date: 2020-01-17 Member: 257228Members
    This is the most common glitch. whenever I have it, I just start saving on repeat very fast. Pressing the buttons as fast as I can.
  • FredlepianoFredlepiano England Join Date: 2020-03-09 Member: 258621Members
    edited March 2020
    I had this issue ever since I started playing Subnautica again (I got an xbox and SN last Christmas) and have lost around about 24 hoursish of gameplay. It would do this every time I was in a vehicle (PRAWN and cyclops primarily), when the stasis field was active and randomly after that. Land wouldn't render, fish wouldn't spawn, certain story events and rooms in the Aurora wouldn't load and all through this, the dreaded sign of Alterra would spin around endlessly. Perfect oppourtunity for messing around with the console commands and all that, but ruddy annoying if I hit major milestones in the game. Eventually after trying everything that I could think of, I accidentally knocked off the disc cases off of the xbox before turning the xbox on and left them there. Glad I did because now it saves like a dream. So if you have this issue I think it's best if the xbox has nothing on or around it, and has room for its ventilation
  • FredlepianoFredlepiano England Join Date: 2020-03-09 Member: 258621Members
    madsauce wrote: »

I don't actually think its the game itself, but more the xbox overheating or somats.

Plus even after 2 minutes of just sitting there doing nothing it would still do this glitch.