Subnautica Xbox Update 1.0.0.32 Released! - Subnautica

Comments

• Bagheerasocks24Bagheerasocks24 Join Date: 2019-02-23 Member: 251249Members
    Please bring back the Septic tank but for Xbox One and for an unlimited time frame
  • overheadHALLOoverheadHALLO south-africa Join Date: 2018-03-15 Member: 239092Members
    I love the update you've made and making the game "playable" as now there is close to no lag or juttering
    can't wait for below zero to come out for xbox
  • Cyborgarmy324Cyborgarmy324 Canada Join Date: 2019-02-22 Member: 251228Members
    edited February 2019
    Please add back the cheat menu and dev for Xbox one thanks
  • harveymhkhharveymhkh utah Join Date: 2019-01-31 Member: 249825Members
    fixing the TERRAIN spawn should be your top priority.. why is this still an issue. FIX YOUR GAME DEVS!!! seriously you take our money and keep puahing content when there is still BROKEN FEATURES!!! JUS SELL THE GAME TO A COMPANY THAT WILL FIX IT
  • connor_steveconnor_steve Join Date: 2019-02-27 Member: 251369Members
    Since this update was released, I've experienced my first real crashing with this game. At first it was just the first time I tried to load my save it would crash and then when I restarted it would be fine. Now when I try to load my save or even start a new save, it crashes. I physically cannot play the game. I love this game and I really want to play it, hopefully their is a fix for this but I can't see any yet.
  • exceedinghadesexceedinghades Nc usa Join Date: 2019-02-27 Member: 251379Members
    edited February 2019
    I bought a xbox one x yesterday now my game save will not sync over to new xbox
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Members
    tjviper12 wrote: »
    Fix you fucking game i didn't pay for a hafe ass game it pissing me also put in a maping system because it impossible to find everything in the with out one
    No need to be rude.
    The game isn't half assed, they are always working on fixing their bugs, coding is very fragile and takes a long time, with a game as big as Subnautica even more so, and they're not exactly the biggest team. The game only just came out of the Preview stage, which states that the game may never be fixed and you should buy at your own risk. The game does not need a mapping system, I've found everything I need and made it down to the Lava castle Emperor facility quite easily, if you are having trouble remembering the location of things then build some beacons.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    Syync problem? Odd. I had SN on an exernal drive on my xb1s. Plugged in the ext hdd befor 1st power up on my x1x and it gave me a game save from May 2017. Before that though I was getting the no sync on my x1s for months. You do know to load a save without a sync right?
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    Since this update was released, I've experienced my first real crashing with this game. At first it was just the first time I tried to load my save it would crash and then when I restarted it would be fine. Now when I try to load my save or even start a new save, it crashes. I physically cannot play the game. I love this game and I really want to play it, hopefully their is a fix for this but I can't see any yet.

Sorry to hear you're getting crashing connor_steve, can you let me know:
    1. How many saved games do you currently have?
    2. When you say crash, is this booting you back to the Xbox home screen when you're trying to load or start a new game?
    3. How far do you get in the loading screen(specifically looking for the last thing you see when you start a new game in the loading menu)
  • connor_steveconnor_steve Join Date: 2019-02-27 Member: 251369Members
    madsauce wrote: »

Sorry to hear you're getting crashing connor_steve, can you let me know:
    1. How many saved games do you currently have?
    2. When you say crash, is this booting you back to the Xbox home screen when you're trying to load or start a new game?
    3. How far do you get in the loading screen(specifically looking for the last thing you see when you start a new game in the loading menu)

Thank you for replying, I currently only have the one save. Yes, the crashing is booting me back to the Xbox home screen when I try to boot up my save/start a new one.

I select my save/start a new save, nothing changes, it stalls for a good 10 seconds on that screen where I selected my save and then it crashes to the xbox home screen. I never see the aurora crashing loading screen Hope this helps :)
  • OathswornOathsworn Nuneaton Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225271Members
    I've completed the game without an in game map, if you need a map, create a physical one, it's not difficult, there are enough reference points ie; Aurora, Lifepod 4, Lifepod 5, The Gun island, and the Rendezvous island. All you need is the compass, and you should be able to locate all the places in the game, without any great difficulty. And the foul language isn't necessary, it doesn't add anything to your post. Just state your disappointment in the state of the game, and what problems your having, and that you would like them to resolve the issues.
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Members
    Oathsworn wrote: »
    I've completed the game without an in game map, if you need a map, create a physical one, it's not difficult, there are enough reference points ie; Aurora, Lifepod 4, Lifepod 5, The Gun island, and the Rendezvous island. All you need is the compass, and you should be able to locate all the places in the game, without any great difficulty. And the foul language isn't necessary, it doesn't add anything to your post. Just state your disappointment in the state of the game, and what problems your having, and that you would like them to resolve the issues.

I'm sure you could probably just find one on Google.

I'm not gonna lie though, while I don't think it's a necessity to have a map, I do believe it would make a fine addition to this game's collection of content.
  • zuganugzuganug Join Date: 2019-03-08 Member: 251591Members
    Oathsworn wrote: »
    I've completed the game without an in-game map, if you need a map, create a physical one, it's not difficult, there are enough reference points ie; Aurora, Lifepod 4, Lifepod 5, The Gun island, and the Rendezvous island. All you need is the compass, and you should be able to locate all the places in the game, without any great difficulty. And the foul language isn't necessary, it doesn't add anything to your post. Just state your disappointment in the state of the game, and what problems you're having, and that you would like them to resolve the issues.

The fact that you finished without a map doesn't mean it's fun for others. I shouldn't have to build and waste space storing beacons just to find things again, and that does not really help with finding them in the first place. The terrain in the game is VERY confusing at times, and lack of starting with a compass, beacons, or coordinates means it's very hard to explore. In something like RDR2, ALL parts of the map pretty much look different so you can pick out more from the visuals. Not so in SN, especially when you factor in that the render distance is horrible at times; if you can't see a long way away underwater, it's hard to locate visual reference points. Please bear in mind that many people play this as a game, not as "undersea simulator", and we want to spend a limited amount of time progressing and having fun. Not being lost and frustrated.
  • zuganugzuganug Join Date: 2019-03-08 Member: 251591Members
    To the devs: I too have hit the problem of the game being stuck at the load screen. I can't give you much detail but it happened on an XBox One S, and I believe it was after something bad happened to me and I had tried to quit and then reload the game. I ended up trying to use XBox menu to quit from outside the game, but at that point the console acted horribly slow for *everything* - so bad in fact I thought my hard drive might have suddenly had problems. I ended up having to disconnect the controllers, power off the XB, and physically unplug it for a few seconds, then go through bootup and loading the game all over again. Feels like the game got stuck in memory on some process and wouldn't shut down gracefully.
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    @zuganug thank you for the game crash details. After rebooting did the game load for you? @connor_steve , if you do a cold reboot are you able to load or start new games afterward?

One other test that might be helpful if you're in this state(before cold restart) would be if you put the Xbox into offline mode. I'm going to follow up with the team and look into whether there is anything else that could be interfering at the point where the game loads, we might be able to put out a test patch with some additional logging.

Thank you for your patience, I'll reach out if there is anything else that might help us narrow this down.
  • DemDarkWolf45DemDarkWolf45 Join Date: 2019-03-14 Member: 251727Members
    My game still crashes at least 2 to 4 minutes of starting up the save and geting into the game
  • Stubb063Stubb063 Join Date: 2018-03-30 Member: 239641Members
    I've finally gotten back to playing Subnautica after taking some time off from it. Took some other peoples' advice and did a full factory reset of my Xbox and reinstalled everything, deleted my synced saves, etc.

Fired it back up and have started a new game. Graphics are definitely much improved now. However, I'm still getting a decent amount of lag and pop-in, and I haven't even gone close to any of the deeper area in the games where it was bad before. Basically just been swimming around the shallows, kelp forests, and some of the grassy plateau areas. And I'm still getting that nasty lag where you try and turn around, it pauses for a second or two, then instantly whips you around a random number of degrees so you have no idea which way you're looking anymore. And also getting a ton of lag when breaching the ocean surface and climbing in my escape pod.

The pop-in is better than it was, but still pretty significant.

And like I said, this stuff was always a much bigger issue in places like the lost river and lava zones...places I haven't even come close to visiting yet.
  • ghengis415ghengis415 SF Join Date: 2019-03-15 Member: 251769Members
    XBOX One user here, pretty much completed the game (healed myself), but now save game will not load, freezes the app, or returns me to XBOX home page without loading. Have tried restarting/unplugging Xbox a few times. This is one of the more brilliant console game concepts I've seen in a long time, was a real heart-breaker to put 5-6 days into completing story, only to have it bug out on me in the final endgame. Also had some serious issues with getting stuck between floors in the primary containment facility. Must be something about the sequencing at the end that trips the game up.
    @ghengis415 can you try going into offline mode and let me know if that fixes the issue for you. I'm trying to eliminate the chance of there being some issue with sync'ing taking too long and keep you from getting into the game.

Go to Settings > Network > Network Settings > select Go Offline

Go back to Xbox Home and use the option menu and close Subnautica and then relaunch it.
    Stubb063 wrote: »
    I've finally gotten back to playing Subnautica after taking some time off from it. Took some other peoples' advice and did a full factory reset of my Xbox and reinstalled everything, deleted my synced saves, etc.

Fired it back up and have started a new game. Graphics are definitely much improved now. However, I'm still getting a decent amount of lag and pop-in, and I haven't even gone close to any of the deeper area in the games where it was bad before. Basically just been swimming around the shallows, kelp forests, and some of the grassy plateau areas. And I'm still getting that nasty lag where you try and turn around, it pauses for a second or two, then instantly whips you around a random number of degrees so you have no idea which way you're looking anymore. And also getting a ton of lag when breaching the ocean surface and climbing in my escape pod.

And like I said, this stuff was always a much bigger issue in places like the lost river and lava zones...places I haven't even come close to visiting yet.

Thanks for the feedback. Are you on the Xbox One X or the Xbox One?
  • Stubb063Stubb063 Join Date: 2018-03-30 Member: 239641Members
    madsauce wrote: »
    Stubb063 wrote: »

Thanks for the feedback. Are you on the Xbox One X or the Xbox One?

Xbox One.

I'll also add that I made my way into the Aurora and fell through the floor and found myself swimming in between rooms and had to reload.
  • LukkusLukkus ON, Canada Join Date: 2019-03-20 Member: 251854Members
    Hi, I just finished SN on Xbox One (original console) and I didn't crash to dashboard at all during the entire game, so if that was an issue before it looks like you did a good job. I was able to break an earlier playthrough when leaving the Aurora, I clipped through the underwater pipes in the Prawn bay (not sure if that's the right term, they just hadn't loaded yet) and then really leaned into it and escaped the crash site in that state, which seemed to erase all water visuals from the game, I could see all terrain in its "original" colors if that makes sense. I could even save and reload in this state, and it did not revert, but I didn't mind restarting the game. Overall I really like the game, any issues I might complain about are ones I'm sure you're already aware of, like environment pop-in (it would be great if as a first step, just the collision would be higher sequenced, my Prawn suit fell out of the world once), disorienting dropped frames/screen lag while turning (which is jarring on a TV, I imagine it could make you quite sick in VR) and save/load times (though I wouldn't mind that if the game is stable once I'm in, which it mostly is). I didn't have any issues with resource/crafting systems. There's some inventory management quality of life improvements that could be made but I'd rather see the game as-is perform more smoothly before adding new features. Otherwise, really enjoyable game on Xbox, please keep working on it!
  • FishNDipFishNDip Join Date: 2019-03-20 Member: 251857Members
    edited March 2019
    First, excellent game! I played SN in Xbox preview and everything was great, except when I was in the seamoth the world terrain couldn't keep up with my speed, and sometimes going to fast in a sub I'd get stuck in loading terrain.

So please, fix these problems so I can finally start playing again! Your game is a master piece, but the experience and immersion is ruined when the terrain is not even loading up like pre launch of the game!! D:
  • GrimswoldGrimswold Join Date: 2019-03-21 Member: 251879Members
    When's tune next update?
  • Yellow_subnauticaYellow_subnautica Join Date: 2019-03-30 Member: 252053Members
    I don't know much about Subnautica exept what Jacksepticeye played but it would be cool if some type of plane was added.

• BruskTurtle245BruskTurtle245 Beaufort South Carolina Join Date: 2019-04-02 Member: 252099Members
    So i love subnautica its a great game, but there are a few things i had happen to me, now i might just be dumb or something but when i got to the Aurora and got the the 1st door i wasnt able to interact with the code, now i might just be doing something wrong but i restarted the game my console tried turning my controller on and off and i still couldn't interact with it, the second thing is i can't start the engine on the cyclops. Again might just be me being dumb but i did the same stuff and it didn't let me turn it on, im pretty sure those are the 2 that bother me the most the other terrain not loading and stuff is there but thats not a big problem for me, so yea idk if im the only person having this problem but i know its horribly annoying but yea thats it for the time being.
    Have consoles been abandoned or? Pc gets loads of new content and updates while we're over here still waiting on the damn consol commands. Smh.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @Grimswold I was under the impression PC was waiting for some of the updates that were needed to make the v1.0 release for consoles( while not required to play on PC, they would help, especially low-end PC's). The only "new content" for PC would be Below Zero, a standalone "expansion" that needs the same sort of optimization to have even a hope of playing on XB1 or PS4. As far as console commands go, they are working on bringing them back, clicky. (make sure start date is before 3-15-2019)

I've read the changelogs that doesn't mean the update is coming any time soon and if you read the same logs you refer to you'll see pc has had far more work and patch work done in these last few months.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    Looking @FAVRO, PC Rel 1.0 is scheduled for Aug-Sep 2019 timeframe. I hope that SN DOESN'T bring back dev console, I have about 550 hrs on PC and probably 2k hrs on XB, Lean to play the game like the rest of us mere mortals.