Ideas For Subnautica Below Zero

Comments

• Earlord_64Earlord_64 Join Date: 2019-02-21 Member: 251206Members
    How about a option to turn off entering/exiting animations
  • Earlord_64Earlord_64 Join Date: 2019-02-21 Member: 251206Members
    How about a berry bush that resembles a huckleberry
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    edited March 2019
    lordpug wrote: »
    Earlord_64 wrote: »
    Make a weapon that's a trivial spear that you make with a titanium rod and then use Creep vine to bind stalker teeth to
    I think that trivial spears are too old for their technology. Although, harpoons could be usefull for cating fish. It can even possibly be a module on your vehicle ;)

I had thought about that, a harpoon gun, but why? Stasis rifle pauses the prey and you go hit it with a thermoblade and bam. All though, it would be a good defense or attacking module. If a shadow levi is coming, shoot the harpoon gun with some sort of concentrated gasopod poison, then when the harpoon hits the shadow levi, the harpoon opens, releasing the toxins. And for good measure, let the shadow levis get sick and twitch a lot when they get hit, and they run away and don't come back, until you either find them again or you leave their territory and return.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Nikikeya wrote: »
    Some fuzzy Arctic Shrimp.

psbwk1zr9sam.jpg

This is actually goddamn adorable and if they don't consider this I will riot with you.

Love the idea. It'd be interesting to give them some kind of lore. I was thinking something like food for Snowstalkers. Do you have any ideas behind it or just a design?
  • lordpuglordpug UK Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251655Members

psbwk1zr9sam.jpg

Love the idea. It'd be interesting to give them some kind of lore. I was thinking something like food for Snowstalkers. Do you have any ideas behind it or just a design?
    is it just me or isn't that so crule. Imean just look at them . do they look like they ddeseveto be eaten.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members

psbwk1zr9sam.jpg

is it just me or isn't that so crule. Imean just look at them . do they look like they ddeseveto be eaten.

Way of life my guy. Zebra's look pretty cool, but do you think that pack of lions care? Meat is Meat in their eyes.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members

psbwk1zr9sam.jpg

This is actually goddamn adorable and if they don't consider this I will riot with you.

Snowstalkers?...

psbwk1zr9sam.jpg

Way of life my guy. Zebra's look pretty cool, but do you think that pack of lions care? Meat is Meat in their eyes.

Wait; whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... that's my line, you stole "my guy"!

psbwk1zr9sam.jpg

Meat is in THEIR eyes. us humans have an understanding about others. if you want to use it as bait, fine that's your opinion. although, others might have different ideas. so I think it should be optional if you would like to do this.ecpecialy as nowadays people have very different minds needing for very different options and princaples.

psbwk1zr9sam.jpg

Meat is in THEIR eyes. us humans have an understanding about others. if you want to use it as bait, fine that's your opinion. although, others might have different ideas. so I think it should be optional if you would like to do this.ecpecialy as nowadays people have very different minds needing for very different options and princaples.

Just to be clear, I never meant bait at all. I meant they would be Snowstalker Prey. As in hunted out in the wild.

psbwk1zr9sam.jpg

Just to be clear, I never meant bait at all. I meant they would be Snowstalker Prey. As in hunted out in the wild.

I say again, snowstalkers?... (sort-of terrified face mixed with confusion)
  • RunningBareRunningBare Join Date: 2019-02-09 Member: 250690Members
    How about a sense of desperation?, this is going to seem like I'm ragging on the game, I'm not, I want what's best for it, I truly enjoyed the first game, my character took risks to see what was down that deep hole or in some cave, and often paid the price for not being prepared.

In the opening sequences of this game(just before you get the early access and broken story warning), things go disastrously awry, but does my character react to it?, not in any sense I consider an appropriate reaction, and to further take away from any sense of urgency, you got support from above dropping you packages if you're a good little worker collecting data on artifacts, at this point it's getting very gamey(go here, collect/research this, bring it back if you want a reward), in the first game, the player had to find their own rewards by following clues, it was not handed to them for being good little workers.

I hope the scenario does change in future, maybe I'm in for a rude awakening, and things are not going to go the way I feel they're going at the moment, I really hope I do get a rude awakening.

Items I'd like to see in the game:

A boat that serves as a surface base, able to move around the surface from which you can launch expeditions, this would be a kind of replacement for the Cyclops, I'm currently not a huge fan of the seatruck, I enjoyed how you could personalize the cyclops interior to serve as a base/home.

Those large square habitats, yes please!

A stun weapon, no not that awkward to use stasis rifle, an actual stun gun, I get the philosophy of the game is not to kill everything that moves, but give us something that can instantaneously stun all but the largest creatures, I owe the stalkers payback for stealing my drones.

psbwk1zr9sam.jpg

Love the idea. It'd be interesting to give them some kind of lore. I was thinking of something like food for Snowstalkers. Do you have any ideas behind it or just a design?
    is it just me or isn't that so cruel. I mean just look at them . do they look like they deserve to be eaten.

A way of life my guy. Zebra's look pretty cool, but do you think that pack of lions care? Meat is Meat in their eyes.

Meat is in THEIR eyes. us humans have an understanding about others. if you want to use it as bait, fine that's your opinion. although, others might have different ideas. so I think it should be optional if you would like to do this.ecpecialy as nowadays people have very different minds needing for very different options and principles.

@AnomalyDetected, you literally said lore! plus what do you need bait for?
  • redstonegeniousredstonegenious Join Date: 2017-04-13 Member: 229618Members
    That already exists. It has for quite a while too.
  • ElsonElson Join Date: 2016-09-24 Member: 222555Members
    The large sqare rooms from the Starter Base would be awesome to build. Even with a glass roof like the greenhouse habitat.
  • JodaJoda Waslos Join Date: 2019-04-09 Member: 252243Members
    Now that There's a weather, a windturbine could fit Into the Game. I think that Leviathans should be even more powerful, because you shouldn't be able to stab a huge creature with a knife. And more furniture options wouldn't hurt the game. I hope somebody important reads this.
  • TaartinTaartin Germany Join Date: 2019-04-11 Member: 252266Members
    a co-op mode! Personally i would enjoy that so much, but i couldnt find anything so far. And i think the game would be great with co-op even it it had the same mechanics just that a friend could swim with you. I mean the need for another person to manuver ur submarine and stuff like that would be cool, but i would be fine with just a friend of mine joining me and exploring together.
  • wizardsmasterwizardsmaster Join Date: 2019-04-16 Member: 252361Members
    so I'll be honest i have yet to read a major portion of this discussion so i have no clue as to any repeats but something i would like would be a modifiable resource unit. you could have a base building that would allow you to manipulate them as necessary and to modify the individual units. but think about having a unit that goes off breaking limestone for you or tends to the "garden" picking up plants or eggs. and i mean it doesn't even need to be so overpowered as it can go anywhere, it could even be limited within certain ranges, such as only so far from base. or have a mobile transmitter that you can place. it could even be an upgrade for the snow fox allowing an land based unit to follow you for protection or resource gathering. you could even have different models that you could gain in game such as a canine form for land based, or an octopus style for underwater, or even a fusion of multiple creatures. it would be pet, resource miner, and scout all in one. i believe the best part would be if you can create them because of the "body builder" of Al-an.

on a separate note it would be interesting to be able to create multiple bodies for Al-an especially if you then gain the ability to have him as a technology resource similar alterra. so you could have like a device that allows you to custom order devices or materials such as say repair tools or building items you can't fabricate, and then have Al-an help you create a global response scanner using your "primitive" technology.

to be fair though in bulk i want to have a mission beyond just get Al-an a new body such as to stop a global catastrophe or stop an alien invasion force of some kind something more than lets try to go back to our old lives.

but then again thats what i think. any thoughts?
  • Hammer775Hammer775 Idaho Join Date: 2019-04-23 Member: 252503Members
    Just getting started on < 0. It took me a while to troubleshoot some major problems (turned out to be a conflict with citrix). I love what I see so far.

One thing that I noticed right away - at the very first announcement - is this game takes place one year after the first one. One year? Is that an Earth year? Precisely 365 days of 24 hours each? Maybe it's a Planet 4546B year? Strader VI? Maybe I'm a nerd (I'm totally a nerd) but simple round numbers just bug me. I'd love to see that detail adjusted. Something like "775 lunar cycles on Planet 4546B" would be cool, but even "about an Earth year" would be better.
  • SamtoesSamtoes 51301 Join Date: 2019-04-16 Member: 252357Members
    they should make it multiplayer as well, and a not-so-well-known-fact is that the game WAS going to be multiplayer, but they removed it to make a faster release.
  • MoWMoW 4546B Join Date: 2019-03-19 Member: 251841Members
    We have so nice glasslocker, but we can 't See the itemes in there. Or to sign the locker ( but the small one)
    And it is possible to Show from outside the locker, that the locker are empty, but not it is full ?
    I think the last one is not so difficult to bring it in and make so much more comfortable
  • SpyderSoupSpyderSoup Australia Join Date: 2018-04-29 Member: 240413Members
    I have an idea for a new biome for the game which is based on a real lake called Abraham Lake, which is an artificial lake from Canada. The lake looks cool (No pun intended), especially when it's frozen, and when it's frozen, towered up white bubbles form in the frozen lake, and I think a frozen lake like that would be a great fit for Subnautica: Below Zero and would be interesting to how they would incorporate a frozen lake with towered up white bubbles in the lake into the game. Here's a picture of the frozen lake if you want to look at it yourselves.
    zzkr828zch8s.jpg
  • ruufjaanruufjaan Join Date: 2019-05-01 Member: 252667Members
    Immersion:

I'd like to see a higher level of immersion like footprints in the snow, a light terraforming/melting effect when you stay nearby glacier/ice/snow wall and handle the thermoblade.

Gameplay-Events:

Deadly blizzards that causes temperature drops far belows zero. The way to survive is to find a cover (glacier cave) or build an igloo with a special Snowknife or blade item.

Gimmicks: Ability to build snowmen that attracting pengwings and make them nuts. Ice-skates and the ability to use them on a plane ice surface
  • LuminsLumins Aus Join Date: 2019-05-02 Member: 252677Members
    Iv played the first Subnautica for near 150 hours and even in early stages Below Zero is coming along nicely.
    One thing that i would have hoped for were different base structures, New craftable Items and resources.
    Kind of feels the same as the first just a different environment with a few new vehicles. Could have just been a DLC.
    Custom Sub designs and shapes would be good. The Sea truck is a pain to move in tight places and for its size feels like driving the nautilus.
    Custom base parts would also bring a new look to base creations.
    Items....... well anything to help change the feel of the game and interaction from the original Subnautica.
    I know it's still only early in development so i look forward to seeing what changes and additions the Devs bring into Below Zero.
  • Solan7Solan7 Poland Join Date: 2019-05-06 Member: 252756Members
    In my opinion Subnautica needs more interactive objects - I mean at least more scannable things, for better immersion. There's lot of plants which can't be scanned and it's sad...
    Second thing is more types of creatures - of course it's great what devs are doing, but I think they can more - I miss sea slugs, jellyfishes and invertebrates like shrimps or crabs. I would love much more creatures in subnautica (even using existing animations or models), but of course it would be computer memory eater.. So what do you think about options allowing us to set the amount of animals?

Of course, some of these changes probably will not be introduced in BZ, but maybe in the next Subnautica game? :)
  • ggreelyggreely Join Date: 2019-05-13 Member: 252857Members
    1. Swimming through the air fish should just give you air without having to click and give you a speed boost for a quick second. :)

2. It would be amazing to be able to hatch, train, and play with more creatures and to give them special abilities as partners that you can take with you on adventures.
    For example:

- Pengwings collect fish for you

- Cuddle fish makes all predators friendly (endgame reward)

- Noot fish collects items around you and brings them to your
    storage

- Snowwolf beast puppy poops food, but it's gross and hilarious and they look at you awkwardly like dogs do when they
    do it

- Bone shark you can literally ride

- Crashfish literally just takes off away from you the second you let
    it off leash and it kills itself in a pointless and jarring explosion

- Baby air fish gives you 30-60 seconds of air underwater when
    activated

- Trivalve can fetch items from your storages at your base

Those are just some ideas for individual abilities, but the training and raising could be easy tamagochi style.

5. I think the scanner takes away from the exploration part of the game, so instead I though it could be an upgradeable map and gps room that uploads map data on your PDA. the more scanners and range you have, the more map of the area you have. and as the scanner upgrades so can the map. Examples include: 2-d, 3-d options, marker placement, and then still have item search but not as direct, more like pokemon, it tells you the area, or habitat. I know that would be a big overhaul of the scanner but wow would that be cool to and so helpful in game to help visualize the world you are exploring.
  • SaltShakerSaltShaker Join Date: 2019-05-14 Member: 252878Members
    .SuBB wrote: »
    They should just add the atlas already man, that sub is really damn awesome.
    I hope they will just up the sub-game since their biggest sub has been the cyclops. Something bigger would be dope.

The problem with the Atlas is it's too damn big. The cyclops is already enough of a pain to maneuver around the map. I've lost count of how many places the cyclops can get stuck, or just can't get to at all. The only place the Atlas could actually fit is the dead zone. And I think it's pretty self explanatory why that's a bad idea.
  • PeKeNiToPeKeNiTo Spain Join Date: 2019-06-23 Member: 253464Members
    edited June 2019
    For Below Zero we want the multiplayer. Not like an MMO, but we want a Multiplayer coop like other survival games like this, how "the forest" 2-4 multiplayer coop with local servers, nothing more. I know a lot of ppl want this, my GF wants to play with me, and we play other games (like the forest) cuz subnautica dont have MP.

Maybe a character selector for male/female too, with a little customization.
  • SwiftbashSwiftbash Join Date: 2019-07-16 Member: 253748Members
    Exterior Bulkheads - You know the ones in the alterra base? I think it will be great to have buildable bulkheads on the outside. Of course, you will have to have it on land for it to be possible.
  • SwiftbashSwiftbash Join Date: 2019-07-16 Member: 253748Members
    edited July 2019
    Buildable Base Keypads - Keypads you can build in your base. Cool because you can lock bulkheads and doors etc. How To Use: Place The Keypad Down, then click on a bulkhead. The game will tell you that the keypad is successfully linked with the door. After that, enter in a code. The first code you enter will be the code you set. When you enter the correct code, the door will unlock for 5 seconds. Note For Devs: Reuse The Model From The Aurora/Other Keypads. Reason Why? I think it would be cool to have one because it would add more fun to the game.