Ideas For Subnautica Below Zero

Comments

• TonttemanTontteman Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250970Members
    1. seamoth and cyclops, i know some people didn't like cyclops, but is is simply magnificent ship

2. If there is cave systems like in subnautiaca maybe rare eggs or rare minerals in them which you wouldn't be able to get anywhere else.

3. biodome

4. some kind of distraction weapon, it could maybe shoot a hologram where you aim it or just bright light

5. some unidentified ships crash site, that also came from earth (can be small one and or very old one, maybe from firs human explorers era, but whatever it would be, new mystery would be nice)
  • treeofgreentreeofgreen California Join Date: 2019-02-13 Member: 250913Members
    1. Some kind of late game energy sink like a device to turn sand into glass or something which pulls minerals from the water. Something to do with your extra uraninite.
    2. Some way of producing nutrient blocks (maybe using a late game interior piece or a complex recipe involving both plants and fish)
    3. More aquarium flora stuff-In particular more tall plants for multi-level alien containment units and an option to include flora in an aquarium. Other small aquarium shapes would be nice.
    4. Terrarium for penguins and similar.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    Shady_one wrote: »
    Cochonou wrote: »
    As a small improvement, I would like to see animations for the base ladders. Those are the only instances during which you instantly "warp" in the game. Even the Cyclops ladder has animations ! And considering the speed at which the player climbs ladders, it does not have to be as long as this.

I see you point and I think they should be added in game, with a caveat. The animations should be toggleable. Seeing the animations the first ten times strengthens the player's sense of immersion. But after the 30th time it's annoying. They need to add a global toggle button to turn all animations off if the player wants too. I'm sure it would help with frames and resource consumption.

You forget about another thing - base ladders can be veeeeery long. Imagine animation of climbing a ladder that connects surface level with 2500+ depth?

There can be a length limit to the ladder, making it only run the animation under certain conditions.
    If your ladder can only be three sections in length or shorter, otherwise it will automatically teleport you to the bottom.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    jaydeejay wrote: »
    I really like the idea of adding incredibly deep areas into the game.
    There doesn't have to be anything of use in these biomes

There has to something of use at the bottom of a biome that just goes down, down, down.
    Even larger floaters!
    Even larger floaters!

Why? Why would you need even larger floaters? I have like ten floaters on my seamoth, and i don't think there's a need for absolutely huge floaters.
    edited February 2019
    Nikikeya wrote: »
    Some fuzzy Arctic Shrimp.

psbwk1zr9sam.jpg

Nice, great job on the girl. (That Robin?)
    Even larger floaters!

Why? Why would you need even larger floaters? I have like ten floaters on my seamoth, and i don't think there's a need for absolutely huge floaters.

Perhaps when you go deep enough, you should discover that the entire land mass of the game is supported by one truly titanic floater.
  • JimboJamboJimboJambo Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235708Members
    Shady_one wrote: »
    Cochonou wrote: »
    As a small improvement, I would like to see animations for the base ladders. Those are the only instances during which you instantly "warp" in the game. Even the Cyclops ladder has animations ! And considering the speed at which the player climbs ladders, it does not have to be as long as this.

I see you point and I think they should be added in game, with a caveat. The animations should be toggleable. Seeing the animations the first ten times strengthens the player's sense of immersion. But after the 30th time it's annoying. They need to add a global toggle button to turn all animations off if the player wants too. I'm sure it would help with frames and resource consumption.

You forget about another thing - base ladders can be veeeeery long. Imagine animation of climbing a ladder that connects surface level with 2500+ depth?

There can be a length limit to the ladder, making it only run the animation under certain conditions.
    If your ladder can only be three sections in length or shorter, otherwise it will automatically teleport you to the bottom.

I don't think it necessarily has to be either-or. Perhaps the game can animate the top and bottom sections of the ladder regardless of length, and any sections in between get a sort of fast camera sweep to show that some length of ladder is being climbed without every step on every rung being animated. So for example, you start climbing from the bottom, then the camera sweeps upward with some motion blur, and then you get to watch yourself climb the last ladder section.
  • MarchekMarchek Join Date: 2019-02-17 Member: 251023Members
    So, imo they should add an upgrade to the seamoth, not an upgrade module but a whole new ship, that would be nice.
    They should also add more stats threats to the base, like watching your heat, creature attacks, malfunctions, overprocessing on a computer, a power-core, more types of rooms, etc. just to make building a base more then, you build it you your free to go.
    Marchek wrote: »
    So, imo they should add an upgrade to the seamoth, not an upgrade module but a whole new ship, that would be nice.
    They should also add more stats threats to the base, like watching your heat, creature attacks, malfunctions, overprocessing on a computer, a power-core, more types of rooms, etc. just to make building a base more then, you build it you your free to go.

I am going to second the idea of more base threats and more base management needed to get full benefit from a base. The first game had a bit of a disconnect with bases in the story being under constant threat while the player's base was pretty dang safe. I would like to add that there should be a way to mothball a base you are not using so that you don't come back to a destroyed base every time you go out or move around.
    In terms of creature attacks, maybe they could be managed by some type of buildable perimeter defenses? I am imagining a base wide version of the seamoth system. I think I have seen that idea floated before. The defenses could also be used for ranching resource producing creatures like stalkers.
    I have seen a lot of requests for more customizeable vehicles like the cyclops. It might be fun to push that idea to the extreme and have what amounts to an underwater flying saucer which is basically a control room on top of a mobile, fully build able multi-purpose room. It would be a bit like a more extreme cyclops, since it would be even more customizeable and even more unwieldy to move around.
  • NikikeyaNikikeya Maine, USA Join Date: 2016-06-23 Member: 218952Members
    Nikikeya wrote: »
    Some fuzzy Arctic Shrimp.

psbwk1zr9sam.jpg

Nice, great job on the girl. (That Robin?)

Yes, based on the character sheets for Robin and Ryley.

3t280hkg2tzx.jpg
  • jaydeejayjaydeejay Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 250088Members

There has to something of use at the bottom of a biome that just goes down, down, down.

My point is that there should be incredibly deep and difficult to reach areas designed for players who have already finished the main story. Players who have all of the depth upgrades and such that essentially have access to every material in the game already have a place to explore after that. These deep areas won't contain any new resources for the player to incentivize them to go there, the incentive is curiosity. These areas should be very alien and distinct from the rest of the games cave biomes. They may even have their own unique creatures. The point is to recapture the feeling of isolation and terror as the player goes deeper and deeper into the unknown pushed by their want to know more and terrified that something will actually show up. This was a feeling I got in the older versions of subnautica when areas like the lost river and magma zone were dark and barren and the player didn't need to go down but chose to, knowing they wouldn't make it back up.

My point is that there should be incredibly deep and difficult to reach areas designed for players who have already finished the main story. Players who have all of the depth upgrades and such that essentially have access to every material in the game already have a place to explore after that. These deep areas won't contain any new resources for the player to incentivize them to go there, the incentive is curiosity. These areas should be very alien and distinct from the rest of the games cave biomes. They may even have their own unique creatures. The point is to recapture the feeling of isolation and terror as the player goes deeper and deeper into the unknown pushed by their want to know more and terrified that something will actually show up. This was a feeling I got in the older versions of subnautica when areas like the lost river and magma zone were dark and barren and the player didn't need to go down but chose to, knowing they wouldn't make it back up.

It would be amusing if the deepest biome included turtles of ever increasing size. It's turtles all the way down.
  • AddAineAddAine Join Date: 2019-02-21 Member: 251180Members
    Well, I discovered a way to go back to the initial base by jumping on the ice (there is a way to be in the top of the big ice coast by going along the goast [when you are on top of your base go along to the right while facing the coast]). So i don't really know if it is a bug, a gleatch or something that will have a place in the final game. (I think it would be a great idea to be able to go back to the initial base)
    Sorry if someone already says that (and for posting it here, i didn't really know where to post it).
    About character design, if there will be multiplayer or co-op option in some time in future, would it be possible to have dive mask and diving hood. That face design doesn't fit with the underwater world as well as diving hood with mask.
  • YukaYuka Join Date: 2019-02-21 Member: 251196Members
    Some ideas:

1. Filtering items in PDA databanks. Just simple search text box will work.
    Now it take too much time to scroll without possibility to filter...

2. Possibility of deconstructing small items. Now we can deconstract big items only, ike habitat modules.
    For example, now I have maltiple floating lockers that I don't need anymore, but can't deconstruct it back to Ti...

3. Plugins. Multiple people can programm / design... Please give possibility to extent game
    Will be greate to sharing them through Steam... So, it will keep dependancies + compatibilities
    Plugiable arhitecture has to be selected pretty early in development, otherwise it will too difficult to add...

4. Remote control for submarine. Maybe through extention module
    If I left it somewhere and want to bring back to base, i'd liek to use remote control... no need to sweem too much... remote engine start + controls...

5. Locker with real glass, so we will see what inside it (BTW, it made from glass and Ti)...
    Now I can't see through it... So, I have to open /close multiple ones to find somethings...

6. Adding some flora to fish with cooking -> improve some characters... maybe shelf life better or more food / water content

7. Show distance to recource through HUD...
    Now i'm not sure which resource is close to me, only direction...

Thanks in advance for cool world!
    6. Adding some flora to fish with cooking -> improve some characters... maybe shelf life better or more food / water content

subnautica sushi, seaweed+peeper :smile:

Better buildable legs for buildings, maybe even possibility to build them afterwards, so simply select one of the standard legs you want to replace and replace it with another and more stable one that wont disappear and also remove all those extra legs you don't need.
    It should be doable, if you manually adjust the legs to the bottom of the ocean seafloor.
  • Earlord_64Earlord_64 Join Date: 2019-02-21 Member: 251206Members
    Add a giant multi-purpose room and a giant aquarium
    Make a small cold fruit bush that produces huckleberry like fruit
    Add an item like the grav trap except it's way more powerful
    A part for the story maybe you could have the guy who is stranded on the original planet come back and warn everyone or tell everyone about this Sea emperor and the disease but he's like super rich
    Everyone wants a character customization but this game is based off of story Ish elements so will be strange to have a guy named Robin you know
  • DunkyDunky Join Date: 2019-02-22 Member: 251213Members
    I would love to be able to build some sort of material delivery system. Like a chute you could path and connect to multiple seabases. That way you can have your main hub and connect it with e.g. a mining outpost, a large farm, etc. That way you could send materials back to your hub without having to go ALL the way back every time.

It would also be fun if there could be some sort of fast transportation between your bases. Something akin to the pipeline cars from the World is Not Enough (I'd post a link, but I'm too new) weird example, I know. Small animation plays as you get in, it starts moving, screen fades out, back in and you're climbing out of the pod in your home base.

If you want to save time, both of these things could even be underground. Have the character make a mining drone that will carve out the path between seabases over X amount of time.

Since Below Zero seems to be more about research and development as opposed to extreme survival, I'd appreciate more reasons to have multiple bases.
  • littlekinglittleking Canada Join Date: 2019-02-22 Member: 251215Members
    I think that with the new cyclops the cameras could be able to detach, and move like scanner room ones
    I absolutely love how subnautica gets so deep and dark, and how big some things are.
    The whole idea of building a new vessel for Al- An is pretty cool. Please release a early access for Xbox soon! ( ^∀^)
    If the "Atlas" sub is going to be included in a game, I have some ideas for it

-docking bay for cyclops, and extra for smaller vehicles
    -solar panels
    -nuclear reactors that are loud and sound beast
    -customisable rooms
    -decoys
    -detachable cameras
    -sonar module
    - max depth of 2000-2500
    - a cool voice
    - Ion nuclear rods
    - Ion torpedo launcher
    - Windows