Ps4 save bugs. These need fixing asap

killzone64killzone64 Washington State, United states Join Date: 2015-08-25 Member: 207484Members
edited December 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Im rather annoyed. I played for a couple hours yesterday saved a few times and got to one of the islands i saved when standing on land and played for another 20 minutes then saved again and signed off. Today i loaded up and noticed my save was still on the island i lost 20 minutes where i didnt do much so it was no big deal. I played for 3 hours, gathered tons of materials and a ton of blueprints built a base got a reactor and moonpool and made lots of progress on the story. All the while saving along the way. Logged off to take a break and my last save is STILL on the island. I figured it would be a rather bug free build considering how nicely the pc version was working last time i played but this is an absolute joke, how did this even get past the testing team?

Other than the save issues i experience 0 crashing issues but i do get massive framerate drops.

Comments

• purple094purple094 United States Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245477Members
    So I've been playing subnautica on ps4 since it was released, everything has been awesome but my main problem was when I got my prawn suit, every time I put an upgrade or a new arm. I always save every time I put an upgrade or build something but when I save the upgrades to my prawn suit, I log back in and they are all gone. Its only been with my prawn suit.
  • Hekate0Hekate0 Maryland Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245510Members
    I'm having the same save issue on my xbox! I played for hours this evening and completed so much, I saved it took me to the xbox home screen and i checked to see if it saved and it didnt. It's done it before, it always seems to do it when I've completed a lot and I've built on to my base. It makes me not want to play it, if it's not going to save. :/
  • death14death14 Pendleton, Indiana. Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245524Members
    purple094 wrote: »
    So I've been playing subnautica on ps4 since it was released, everything has been awesome but my main problem was when I got my prawn suit, every time I put an upgrade or a new arm. I always save every time I put an upgrade or build something but when I save the upgrades to my prawn suit, I log back in and they are all gone. Its only been with my prawn suit.
    purple094 wrote: »
    Yeah I've had the same exact issue just happen to me. It's very frustrating. I upgraded my prawn suit and made the grappling hook and two storage modules, saved the game then headed out. Came back to my base and saved again and got off, then when I got back all my upgrades were gone. Made the same exact upgrades and left again. Saved 3 times and got off. Then when I got back on all my upgrades were gone. It's very frustrating that I have to keep using up all my materials on this bug. I hope they can get this fixed ASAP because I honestly don't want to play the game till it is fixed. What's the point in doing so? You need the upgrades to get further to discover more of the story, but I can't do so cuz I continue to lose my progress and upgrades. Please fix
  • TotenhorcherTotenhorcher Germany Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245555Members
    I have a similar problem. I can only start a new game. Savegames can not be selected in the start screen and in the current game.
    However, they are listed in the system memory of the PS4.
  • MikepottasMikepottas Uk Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245596Members
    Any news on the ps4 save crash fix? I see a lot of complaints but no answers.. What worries me is that this problem seems to of been going on with all platforms for years, is it ever going to be fixed? Its a shame because its such a good game.
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    First of all, I want to apologize for taking this long to reply to this thread. I appreciate everyone who has posted with information regarding their issues and we rely on that communication to narrow down and prioritize bugs to be fixed.

We've identified several issues related to saving games on PS4 and we're testing those fixes now; however, I'm looking for some volunteers who would be willing to work with me to get your save games to the Panic Button team to test them/investigate issues. If you're interested in helping, let me know if you have a current save game that is:
    1) Missing from the in-game Play menu, but visible in the Settings > Storage > Saved Games > Subnautica (listed as Slot0000X)
    2) Unable to load from the Play menu
    3) Saving completed but upon loading the save game the progress was one save(or more) further back

Reply here and I'll reach out directly and get you the instructions that will let you send your save games to us.
  • BoereJackBoereJack Netherlands Join Date: 2019-01-07 Member: 248284Members
    Game finally released in the netherlands, only to find out i cant load my save game a day later, gone all hours of playing.....
    I would help if atill
    Needed, i run a ps4 pro,
    edited January 2019
    Btw i streamed my first session, and saved at the end, but this is now un selectable:

And just check, the manual save i did at the end and an autosave are on my ps4, just not selectable in game
  • Canadian_KeystoneCanadian_Keystone Canada Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248645Members
    edited January 2019
  • Leonardo_CraygLeonardo_Crayg Portugal Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248664Members
    I was playing subnautica I found a database I gathered and the game did not count the database, it was as if I had not caught anything, with this the story does not continue! Help-me!
    I volunteer, i want to play this game and now i cant
  • icedragonicedragon Colorado Join Date: 2019-01-14 Member: 248745Members
    I'm in group 2), although the 2nd time I try it will work. The first time that I try resuming from a saved session, the game will crash. I've sent the PS4 error report each time.
  • Canadian_KeystoneCanadian_Keystone Canada Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248645Members
    I'm in camp #3. Reverted back 4-5 saves for some reason. Hours of gaming and effort gone. If there is a fix, I would love to know.
  • deepcdvrdeepcdvr Canada Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250789Members
    Hi, could I volunteer to assist with the bug? I really want help get this fixed for the PS4, this is my first time with this game and it’s fantastic. But I don’t feel comfortable moving forward, I don’t want to risk making a prawn suit or cyclops if the modules are just going to vanish. Please let me know if I can help, thanks.
  • Machine13Machine13 Join Date: 2019-02-11 Member: 250819Members
    This happened to me too. Lost all my seamoth upgrades twice upon reloading my save game. Seems the upgrades that I put into the upgrade slots aren’t being saved at all. The first time I lost them I thought it was just a glitch so I went about building them a second time. Then I lost them a again the same way. This caused me over 12 hours lost. I was loving this game until this happened, now i’m done. It’s a real game breaker.
  • thetree85thetree85 United States Join Date: 2019-05-10 Member: 252826Members
    I will gladly volunteer to help with this bug. I just lost loads of progress including my trip to mountain region and lots of important resources. I saved several time through the process and just lost it all.
  • subnauticansubnautican bell 3111 dr Join Date: 2019-05-13 Member: 252865Members
    madsauce wrote: »
    First of all, I want to apologize for taking this long to reply to this thread. I appreciate everyone who has posted with information regarding their issues and we rely on that communication to narrow down and prioritize bugs to be fixed.

We've identified several issues related to saving games on PS4 and we're testing those fixes now; however, I'm looking for some volunteers who would be willing to work with me to get your save games to the Panic Button team to test them/investigate issues. If you're interested in helping, let me know if you have a current save game that is:
    1) Missing from the in-game Play menu, but visible in the Settings > Storage > Saved Games > Subnautica (listed as Slot0000X)
    2) Unable to load from the Play menu
    3) Saving completed but upon loading the save game the progress was one save(or more) further back

Reply here and I'll reach out directly and get you the instructions that will let you send your save games to us.

Yeah i need this my createive test worlds will save get corrupt and crash
  • charlie88charlie88 Uk Join Date: 2019-08-26 Member: 254456Members
    Every single time I save and quit, I lose all my upgrade modules I've built. Everything I want to do now is deeper and I just can't play anymore because I'd have to spend ages re-collecting everything to craft the modules again every time I played. This was one of my favourite games and I really want to be able to play it. Is there any update on this ever being fixed? I've reported the bug through the ps a few times now but have basically given up on this game being playable again.
  • amm662amm662 Join Date: 2019-11-12 Member: 255539Members
    Hi, I'd also like to say the saves aren't always happening on ps4. Can this please be fixed? I'll try the advice of saving three times while facing a wall, but... I've lost tons of progress, and accidentally deleted the wrong save in the system folder (which was my stupid mistake). Really wanting to love the game, recommend and give it a good review but this is 1 star quality-of-life stuff.
  • klassobanierasklassobanieras Join Date: 2020-04-10 Member: 259880Members
    After losing my first 5 hours in the game, I googled for the problem and ended up here. I guess I was hoping to find a post along the lines of "The latest PS4 build has a save bug, please hold tight and we will fix it ASAP".

It's been doing this since *2018*?
    The last attempt to fix it was *a year ago*?

Refund very sadly requested :(
  • blackjillblackjill Portugal Join Date: 2020-10-15 Member: 264722Members
    Same as above. Was playing the game for 30 odd hours on PS4 when I started having problems. And I can't even report it properly since in-game bug report crashes the game. I was trying to report the issue here, but can't create a thread. Which is a disappointment, really. I liked and recommended the game in the past.
  • dave8671dave8671 Join Date: 2020-10-17 Member: 264772Members
    PS4 Last night I was playing and I finishing up the virus issue. I than tried to save and I got cant save screenshots error. I removed all old screenshots tried again. This time cant save to objects.bin I think. I was in with the emperor swimming around and the walls above and around the map were not rendering I noticed to late and got stuck in between the area above when the water starts and the platform when you first drop in to see the emperor could not escape. since I could not save I had enough so I quit the game. When I reloaded. I was in the lost river and I was not far from my base there swim to where I build it. The entire base was gone. Moonpool, scanner room, 10 foundations 2 multipurpose rooms and corridors, and all that was inside, cyclops, seamoth after that I quiz and deleted the save and gave up.

I have a copy of older save that has the same issues if the game developer would like it. I played some today errors continued I am not going to play it much but on creative now. To much work and to many hours lost. Does this happen on the PC version?
  • dave8671dave8671 Join Date: 2020-10-17 Member: 264772Members
    Why not have the user pick game save slots and save? Seems once the save gets to large this is when the save errors occur.
  • VicariuosTen16VicariuosTen16 Join Date: 2020-10-18 Member: 264788Members
    The other day I was playing on the PS4. I had done a lot of work and went through one of the portals (I believe it was near the lost river) whilst the game was saving. Whilst in the portal animation, I accidentally got out of my prawn suit. When I came through the other end of the portal, I was out of my prawn suit and was constantly falling on a black screen, to the point where I had passed 4000 meters. I don't want to have to delete the game and restart again as I had worked really hard. Please help.
  • Harvester12Harvester12 Western Australia Join Date: 2020-10-20 Member: 264842Members
    When is the save bug going to be fixed? I loaded up my save the other day, after I couldn't get it to save the previous night and my habitat, prawn suit, seamoth all gone. The only things I had left were my grave trap, floating air pump with pipes and whatever was in my life pod storage box and my tools. The amount of times my son has had to quit the game without saving is countless. Not to mention the numerous crashes. Please fix this issue soon.
  • FokzyFokzy Join Date: 2020-10-18 Member: 264795Members
    Been playing subnautica PS4 for a while now and in my survival save game, I’ve come across game breaking issues. First of all the notorious save bug. Try to save, says something about save cells being baked and a bunch of numbers. Second, there’s a really annoying bug where i save my game, reload then all my beacons are gone, my base is gone and all my vehicles too. Happened twice. Just wanted to post because it is annoying so if you can fix it please do.
  • AlexYuukiAlexYuuki Home Join Date: 2020-10-22 Member: 264888Members
    I was attacked by a Warper when in my Seamoth and then when I got back to base and tried to save it keeps putting up an error code
  • AlexYuukiAlexYuuki Home Join Date: 2020-10-22 Member: 264888Members
    Fokzy wrote: »
    Been playing subnautica PS4 for a while now and in my survival save game, I’ve come across game breaking issues. First of all the notorious save bug. Try to save, says something about save cells being baked and a bunch of numbers. Second, there’s a really annoying bug where i save my game, reload then all my beacons are gone, my base is gone and all my vehicles too. Happened twice. Just wanted to post because it is annoying so if you can fix it please do.

Same thing as you mate on the first one due to the warper
  • kateacombskateacombs Mississippi Join Date: 2020-10-22 Member: 264909Members
    Genuinely upset that this save bug makes the game feel unplayable. I got to around 30 hours of gameplay and went down to the lost river, and the game refused to save. When I load back in, the room I unlocked previously with the purple tablet is closed off but my purple tablet is gone as if I DID use it, and I still have the data. Something about the game saying it didn’t save, but it seems as if it did just doesn’t sit right. It even says before I quit that I haven’t saved, and yet when I come back in, it’s as if it did. I haven’t checked to see if my base and other things are still intact as I’m not sure I want to know. It’s been years. Please figure something out so I can actually enjoy this game to its full potential.
  • trock13trock13 USA Join Date: 2020-10-22 Member: 264910Members
    I posted in another thread. I’ve lost seven hours with it not saving now the world has reset and everything I built is gone.