Ps4 save bugs. These need fixing asap

killzone64killzone64 Washington State, United states Join Date: 2015-08-25 Member: 207484Members Posts: 3 Fully active user
edited December 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Im rather annoyed. I played for a couple hours yesterday saved a few times and got to one of the islands i saved when standing on land and played for another 20 minutes then saved again and signed off. Today i loaded up and noticed my save was still on the island i lost 20 minutes where i didnt do much so it was no big deal. I played for 3 hours, gathered tons of materials and a ton of blueprints built a base got a reactor and moonpool and made lots of progress on the story. All the while saving along the way. Logged off to take a break and my last save is STILL on the island. I figured it would be a rather bug free build considering how nicely the pc version was working last time i played but this is an absolute joke, how did this even get past the testing team?

Other than the save issues i experience 0 crashing issues but i do get massive framerate drops.
Morkaypurple094

Comments

• purple094purple094 United States Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245477Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    So I've been playing subnautica on ps4 since it was released, everything has been awesome but my main problem was when I got my prawn suit, every time I put an upgrade or a new arm. I always save every time I put an upgrade or build something but when I save the upgrades to my prawn suit, I log back in and they are all gone. Its only been with my prawn suit.
    death14
  • Hekate0Hekate0 Maryland Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245510Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    I'm having the same save issue on my xbox! I played for hours this evening and completed so much, I saved it took me to the xbox home screen and i checked to see if it saved and it didnt. It's done it before, it always seems to do it when I've completed a lot and I've built on to my base. It makes me not want to play it, if it's not going to save. :/
  • death14death14 Pendleton, Indiana. Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245524Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    purple094 wrote: »
    So I've been playing subnautica on ps4 since it was released, everything has been awesome but my main problem was when I got my prawn suit, every time I put an upgrade or a new arm. I always save every time I put an upgrade or build something but when I save the upgrades to my prawn suit, I log back in and they are all gone. Its only been with my prawn suit.
    purple094 wrote: »
    Yeah I've had the same exact issue just happen to me. It's very frustrating. I upgraded my prawn suit and made the grappling hook and two storage modules, saved the game then headed out. Came back to my base and saved again and got off, then when I got back all my upgrades were gone. Made the same exact upgrades and left again. Saved 3 times and got off. Then when I got back on all my upgrades were gone. It's very frustrating that I have to keep using up all my materials on this bug. I hope they can get this fixed ASAP because I honestly don't want to play the game till it is fixed. What's the point in doing so? You need the upgrades to get further to discover more of the story, but I can't do so cuz I continue to lose my progress and upgrades. Please fix
  • TotenhorcherTotenhorcher Germany Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245555Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    I have a similar problem. I can only start a new game. Savegames can not be selected in the start screen and in the current game.
    However, they are listed in the system memory of the PS4.
    dwilly150
  • MikepottasMikepottas Uk Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245596Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    Any news on the ps4 save crash fix? I see a lot of complaints but no answers.. What worries me is that this problem seems to of been going on with all platforms for years, is it ever going to be fixed? Its a shame because its such a good game.
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead Posts: 88 Advanced user
    First of all, I want to apologize for taking this long to reply to this thread. I appreciate everyone who has posted with information regarding their issues and we rely on that communication to narrow down and prioritize bugs to be fixed.

We've identified several issues related to saving games on PS4 and we're testing those fixes now; however, I'm looking for some volunteers who would be willing to work with me to get your save games to the Panic Button team to test them/investigate issues. If you're interested in helping, let me know if you have a current save game that is:
    1) Missing from the in-game Play menu, but visible in the Settings > Storage > Saved Games > Subnautica (listed as Slot0000X)
    2) Unable to load from the Play menu
    3) Saving completed but upon loading the save game the progress was one save(or more) further back

Reply here and I'll reach out directly and get you the instructions that will let you send your save games to us.
    Near Lethal Damage
  • BoereJackBoereJack Netherlands Join Date: 2019-01-07 Member: 248284Members Posts: 4 Fully active user
    Game finally released in the netherlands, only to find out i cant load my save game a day later, gone all hours of playing.....
    I would help if atill
    Needed, i run a ps4 pro,
  • BoereJackBoereJack Netherlands Join Date: 2019-01-07 Member: 248284Members Posts: 4 Fully active user
    edited January 12
    Btw i streamed my first session, and saved at the end, but this is now un selectable:
    https://youtu.be/sHEEQKzIbMg
    And just check, the manual save i did at the end and an autosave are on my ps4, just not selectable in game
    Post edited by BoereJack on
  • Canadian_KeystoneCanadian_Keystone Canada Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248645Members Posts: 14 Fully active user
    edited January 13
    delete
    Post edited by Canadian_Keystone on
  • Leonardo_CraygLeonardo_Crayg Portugal Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248664Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    I was playing subnautica I found a database I gathered and the game did not count the database, it was as if I had not caught anything, with this the story does not continue! Help-me!
    I volunteer, i want to play this game and now i cant
  • icedragonicedragon Colorado Join Date: 2019-01-14 Member: 248745Members Posts: 5 Fully active user
    I'm in group 2), although the 2nd time I try it will work. The first time that I try resuming from a saved session, the game will crash. I've sent the PS4 error report each time.
  • Canadian_KeystoneCanadian_Keystone Canada Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248645Members Posts: 14 Fully active user
    I'm in camp #3. Reverted back 4-5 saves for some reason. Hours of gaming and effort gone. If there is a fix, I would love to know.
  • deepcdvrdeepcdvr Canada Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250789Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Hi, could I volunteer to assist with the bug? I really want help get this fixed for the PS4, this is my first time with this game and it’s fantastic. But I don’t feel comfortable moving forward, I don’t want to risk making a prawn suit or cyclops if the modules are just going to vanish. Please let me know if I can help, thanks.
  • Machine13Machine13 Join Date: 2019-02-11 Member: 250819Members Posts: 2 Freshly registered user
    This happened to me too. Lost all my seamoth upgrades twice upon reloading my save game. Seems the upgrades that I put into the upgrade slots aren’t being saved at all. The first time I lost them I thought it was just a glitch so I went about building them a second time. Then I lost them a again the same way. This caused me over 12 hours lost. I was loving this game until this happened, now i’m done. It’s a real game breaker.