Ideas For Subnautica Below Zero

Comments

• AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    Good, keep them coming.
  • RunningStarRunningStar Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 249980Members
    What I’d Like to See
    • Some sort of cooking system would be fun to see! Like combining different ingredients to make a special dish that do something special
    •A boss fight if you are planning to add insane weapons
    •At least one flying animal, I’d enjoy seeing those. Then they could be killed with a ranged weapon and drop something cool maybe?
    •A seal like creature if you don’t already have one. And if you want it could be a bit smaller and tameable and help fight on command
    •Sled for fun
    •Some creepy creature, now I ain’t talking about the leviathans cuz they are scary don’t get me wrong. But i wanna see something that will make the player piss their pants. Something that will be scarier than the leviathan!!! Like horror game style. Just one creature, idc about the size

That’s it for now
    Would an option for your own custom sub be a good idea? I'm not new to sub'n but I'd rather use the sub i created and liked.
    Similar to the customization station but you can actually create the design for your submarine, decide how long it is, thin, small, or large, its color, and other smaller customization like how it moves, large or small propellers, little details like reaper whatever-they're-calleds or where the radio antenna is.
    Plus how it works, like sonar and speed, or decide what materials to use from a list of choices, each choice combo gives your sub its traits. You can set the speed, but having a REALLY armor-ful sub will decrease the speed, and maybe what its called and what upgrades it can get.

Hope you like these ideas, they're ideas I've been wanting for subnautica for a while, but "Subnautica: Below Zero" fits it too, because it's still in development, they'd be able to incorporate it within the code, i think.
    Anyway, select the 'Awesome' or 'Agree' choices on top right if you like, or the 'Disagree' if you don't. And feel free to add or change some of these ideas at will, i won't mind.

Thanks for your feedback! :)
    jaydeejay wrote: »
    add in a leviathan deterrent that, if used on a leviathan that has not yet become aggressive, will cause it to leave the area where the deterrent is released, you have to scan said leviathan in order to create its repellant

I very much agree with these both, in fact it might even be a good idea to attach the deterrent to the sub to “scare” off the leviathan temporarily.
  • dragonwingeddragonwinged Join Date: 2019-02-02 Member: 250117Members
    Hi there. Haven’t got the base game yet, but i have an idea.

A lot of people have been talking about this huge submarine people call the “Beluga.” So I have here a sort of Alterra ad for the vessel, but it’s pretty much a description of what it would do in game.

Beliga features
    Docking bay for the cyclops submarine
    2/4 extra docks for seamoth and prawn suit submersibles.
    Full multipurpose room for the captain to customize
    Water filtration system and solar panels on the dorsal side. Beluga would charge power cells and batteries while surfaced.
    High capacity storage banks for everything you need.
    High speed mode for crossing vast distances. Beluga would be used to travel between main-game area and Below Zero area, as well as any other dlc areas.

Other things i’d like to see

Cured meat. Normal people call it jerky. Meat that lasts considerably longer than simply cooked food.

A rebreather for survival mode. Completely remove the need to resurface for oxygen.
  • ditobaonditobaon usa Join Date: 2019-02-02 Member: 250130Members
    I just saw and bought the game. Haven't had the chance to play yet so if I say something that is already in the game please disregard but based off the many hours spent in SN1 here's my thoughts:

I'd like the ability to build my base into the side of a mountain. I don't think it should be expandable more than say one room off the rock wall but I always wanted to build a base spanning the side of a cliff face in SN1 with windows facing out and an amazing open view.

Automatic closing bulkheads. I like the realism of the manual bulkheads for a while but after that while has passed I just want some futuristic sliding auto bulkheads that let me through quickly when I'm running around in my base.

*don't hate me; I'd love to have a sort of 7 days to die style dlc or something so I can spend more time in this world with friends. I know this is a single player game and I wouldn't change the core game, but I want something for after I've finished the game and still want to explore that isn't just doing the same stuff I've done before. I absolutely love the atmosphere in SN. I'm totally down for paying for a multiplayer dlc.

This was mentioned somewhere else but VR (at some point) would be siiiiiick if it was done right. I'm thinking this would need to be more of a paid dlc since not everyone has VR and it would take a lot of man hours to make this happen. I'm also down with paying for the ability to dive in with VR ;)

I'd actually very much like to be able to steer the cyclops from a 3rd person POV. I think this could be done with the addition of a device, like a scanner room camera drone, that you build for the purpose and that moves where you direct it (with the mouse as you would any normal 3rd person free camera game) where you want your vantage point to be and it would move in closer, further away, left/right and up/down at roughly the speed of a seaglider. There could even be some critters that would see it as food now and then and chomp it down so you'd have to be careful. They could mount into the side of the cyclops like the scanner room drones did on the scanner room and have to be charged from the cyclops's power cells.

I'd like to be able to repair a destroyed cyclops. Let's say the worst happens and the cyclops is damaged to the point that it is completely flooded and drops like a stone to the bottom of the ocean floor. I'd like to be able to throw some floaters on it and get it up to a mobile vehicle bay and repair it. This is more just for nuance than anything. Just to spice things up.

Ummm.....and....I dunno, how about a crab suit or something? :smiley: Like a prawn suit but with more legs!
  • .SuBB.SuBB The Netherlands Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202636Members
    They should just add the atlas already man, that sub is really damn awesome.
    I hope they will just up the sub-game since their biggest sub has been the cyclops. Something bigger would be dope.
    Some dolphin like creature that swim and play with each other in pods. If possible, it’d be cool if they were tameable. If nearby, they could swim toward you and some interaction could happen!
    ditobaon wrote: »
    I just saw and bought the game. Haven't had the chance to play yet so if I say something that is already in the game please disregard but based off the many hours spent in SN1 here's my thoughts:

I'd like the ability to build my base into the side of a mountain. I don't think it should be expandable more than say one room off the rock wall but I always wanted to build a base spanning the side of a cliff face in SN1 with windows facing out and an amazing open view.

I'd actually very much like to be able to steer the cyclops from a 3rd person POV. I think this could be done with the addition of a device, like a scanner room camera drone, that you build for the purpose and that moves where you direct it (with the mouse as you would any normal 3rd person free camera game) where you want your vantage point to be and it would move in closer, further away, left/right and up/down at roughly the speed of a seaglider. There could even be some critters that would see it as food now and then and chomp it down so you'd have to be careful. They could mount into the side of the cyclops like the scanner room drones did on the scanner room and have to be charged from the cyclops's power cells.

Ummm.....and....I dunno, how about a crab suit or something? :smiley: Like a prawn suit but with more legs!

I like these ideas including a dlc. But the multiplayer would take an extremely long time to code. So I personally think there should be a dlc that extends the story or allows you to explore and discover new things. But otherwise I like it!
    Photo album? You could add a camera so you can take pics of things or selfies and add them to your base.

Or it could be the scanner: When you take a picture of it, it scans it.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    Dude Press F11, then go into the photo manager on your PDA to look at them, and to hang them up on a frame, just right click on the frame and choose the necessary photo and bam, you're good.
    edited February 2019
    Wait, @ditobaon i posted the four legged vehicle idea, and you have no copying rights! Jeez...
  • ShrekislifeShrekislife Shrek's Grand Swamp Join Date: 2018-07-31 Member: 242594Members
    What I’d Like to See
    • Some sort of cooking system would be fun to see! Like combining different ingredients to make a special dish that do something special
    •A boss fight if you are planning to add insane weapons
    •At least one flying animal, I’d enjoy seeing those. Then they could be killed with a ranged weapon and drop something cool maybe?
    •A seal like creature if you don’t already have one. And if you want it could be a bit smaller and tameable and help fight on command
    •Sled for fun
    •Some creepy creature, now I ain’t talking about the leviathans cuz they are scary don’t get me wrong. But i wanna see something that will make the player piss their pants. Something that will be scarier than the leviathan!!! Like horror game style. Just one creature, idc about the size

That’s it for now

Some good ideas, but the Devs have specifically said that they wanted to make a game where you don't have to solve problems with violence, so I wouldn't expect any insane murder weapons
  • jaydeejayjaydeejay Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 250088Members
    Perhaps they could add in the ability to choose what robotic voice is associated with each system
    (you change between each voice type for your PDA, submersibles, and bases)
    Perhaps they could add a mammalian like creature that the player can harvest blubber from and apply in order to gain cold resistance
    A floating foundation could be added that automatically floats to the surface (if there is nothing in the way like ice sheets)
    this would allow players to have buoyant above see bases and would add in a weight capacity for the base that is increases the more floating foundations you have.
    speed settings could be added for the seaglide (and other vehicles) that affect power efficiency
    I feel like this would make the seaglide less frustrating to new players when it eats through batteries while also balancing it.
    Infrared goggles that limit how far you can see but allow you to see clearly at night and in dark spaces
    Base building additions:
    • angled corridors that can either be horizontal or vertical slants
    • wide corridors
    • as mentioned in another comment, rooms that can be expanded for more roomy areas
    • tall corridors
    • walls that can be used to cover your base from the outside (make it look like a building instead of a series of pipes)
    • large submersible docking station(obtained late game)
    • vehicle construction bay(allowing vehicles to be constructed in your base instead of needing the mobile vehicles bay which floats
    • specialized research lab rooms/components that are used/necessary to unlock blueprints related to them for instance
    • bio research compartment which can be used to unlock blueprints like bio reactors, foods that decay slower, aquariums, planters, and so on
    • engineering compartment used to unlock blueprints for things like laser cutters, thermal reactors, the list goes on and on and on. This would likely be something that would be used for tons of different blueprints and may require staging in order to function
    • expanded observatory for larger terrain maps
    • battery components that add to your maximum power
    • nuclear generators should be a room, not something you add into a room, nuclear power is dangerous.
    • link fabricators to lockers located within the same base so that players aren't running from locker to locker looking for their stash of magnetite
    • color
  • webmasterblastwebmasterblast tbd Join Date: 2019-02-06 Member: 250497Members
    Halios wrote: »
    Gender option for player character. It should also have been in the original game.

Some people are happy playing either gender. Good for them. I'm not.

To pre-empt any "you're just insecure about your masculinity" rubbish, I'm gay and couldn't care less about that.

Ok... So I think it's a good idea, but the new game is shaping out to be much more story based. It's no longer an adventure exploration game with story hidden in datalogs and scans, and it had no voice acting for the main character at all (other than grunts). Sub zero is a story based game with adventure and exploration as the medium to tell the story. So the writers will have to rewrite all the witty dialogue and get at least two new voice actors. Personally I'd rather they spend their time making the game as compelling as possible. I think a male character would be a fantastic mod or suitable for a late development stage update. Above all else it's a story game and just like a story book you don't get the choose who the hero is.
    Halios wrote: »
    Gender option for player character. It should also have been in the original game.

Some people are happy playing either gender. Good for them. I'm not.

To pre-empt any "you're just insecure about your masculinity" rubbish, I'm gay and couldn't care less about that.

Ok... So I think it's a good idea, but the new game is shaping out to be much more story based. It's no longer an adventure exploration game with story hidden in datalogs and scans, and it had no voice acting for the main character at all (other than grunts). Sub zero is a story based game with adventure and exploration as the medium to tell the story. So the writers will have to rewrite all the witty dialogue and get at least two new voice actors. Personally I'd rather they spend their time making the game as compelling as possible. I think a male character would be a fantastic mod or suitable for a late development stage update. Above all else it's a story game and just like a story book you don't get the choose who the hero is.

Maybe a male character could be a DLC for the game with a slightly varying story but the same setting.
    Ultimately, I don't much care about the gender of my character. Thus far, it has given me a unique relation to the protagonist where I feel like the protagonist is a character and I the player am not, merely a being that knows to survive and thrive as well as anything I understand that the protagonist needs to do. I don't feel like I am in their shoes but I do feel like I am responsible for their wellbeing.
  • QwertyDragoonQwertyDragoon Join Date: 2019-01-31 Member: 249826Members
    I would really love to see a taming feature. I mean the cuddlefish was cool in Subnautica but it didn't serve much of a purpose other than some company. It would be even more interesting if certain fauna could also be tamable with maybe different purposes. For instance, being able to tame predators for protection or maybe some resource farming (like taming a stalker to harvest teeth). Some species could have specific methods, with more valuable creatures being more difficult to tame. Maybe even with a limit of one creature tamed at a time so that it doesn't become too extreme. I think it would be an interesting feature and would also make the world a little less lonely with a wild friend.
    I would really love to see a taming feature. I mean the cuddlefish was cool in Subnautica but it didn't serve much of a purpose other than some company. It would be even more interesting if certain fauna could also be tamable with maybe different purposes. For instance, being able to tame predators for protection or maybe some resource farming (like taming a stalker to harvest teeth). Some species could have specific methods, with more valuable creatures being more difficult to tame. Maybe even with a limit of one creature tamed at a time so that it doesn't become too extreme. I think it would be an interesting feature and would also make the world a little less lonely with a wild friend.

The point (in my opinion) is to be lonely, i mean thousands of people died, taming is also, well, at least i hope you disclude the reaper levi, and other leviathans.
  • bornstellarbornstellar Join Date: 2019-01-12 Member: 248572Members
    Cochonou wrote: »
    As a small improvement, I would like to see animations for the base ladders. Those are the only instances during which you instantly "warp" in the game. Even the Cyclops ladder has animations ! And considering the speed at which the player climbs ladders, it does not have to be as long as this.

I see you point and I think they should be added in game, with a caveat. The animations should be toggleable. Seeing the animations the first ten times strengthens the player's sense of immersion. But after the 30th time it's annoying. They need to add a global toggle button to turn all animations off if the player wants too. I'm sure it would help with frames and resource consumption.
  • NarukaNaruka Join Date: 2017-05-10 Member: 230392Members
    An idea for a new creature: Anuramoo
    A creature which looks like a giant frog and a cow mixed together. The species lives near where the giant lilypads are. It's placid although if harmed by another creature/player it'll spew a substance that'll paralyze if in contact. Its the size of a school bus and will usually be seen leaping out of the water and diving much like what whales and bass do. Its colors are Purple with orange spots. It has udders which will give the player Milk when interacted with.
  • Morpheus10Morpheus10 Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250758Members
    There r few good ideas for the game.

How about the charackter can combine few tools and equipment for new items. Like the helmed with a lamp. Having then light at the helmed. Or combine few plants and other mats to make a better suit. Not making another one. Just using the original and "upgrade" the suit.

Or how is it to make a belt for the char where are few tolls equipped. i wonder all the time where all the stuff is going ;-) Maybe a little backpack. Which u can also upgrade for more storage. And Why not making some labels at the standing storages? The having glassdoors, why not seeing whats inside?

We can collect this Ion-cubes. Why do we not can make a small defence system for predators. Just for defense. also upgradeable. Just sending a shockimpulse to the predators. So like the system for the seamoth. Or a better protection for the Sea Truck. And change the recepice. Some costs are much to low. I also would like to see if the controlroom has an special alarmbutton which closed all doors and seperates the sections. And u can go outside to repair broken sections. And when fixed all holes the doors can be opened again. That makes it much better to find and leak in base. And u can shut flooded sections and repair them from outsite. Maybe in deep water with the prawnsuit. Or adding some arms at the sea track. For grabbing tools to fix and build stationparts.

Another idea would be a docking port for the sea truck. So that u can bring ur storage right ito base. So like a giant moonpool. As a big moonpool in the first game at flooding island where the weapon and the deactivation system was. Driving into the moonpool and arms grabbing the truck and holding in place and a kind of tube connect to the truck for walking from base to truck to bring all collected items home. And we could use the nukereator or an new Ion-Cube-Energy-reactor for powering the moonpool. Also upgradeable in lenght. So that truck fits in it. But a limit of lengh also.

I dont know much about the new seatruck. But how is it when it has a max lengh to upgrade the machines for more maneuvers or speed.

These r my idears for the new version. Maybe some can be come real in game some day or in next DLC's. Looking forward what the Dev's will make of all our idears.

Great game. Cant wait to play the final version. I'm very nervous what will happen to Robin and if she can build a new vessel for Al-An.
  • FlinseyFlinsey Koksijde Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250774Members
    I have a couple of suggestions for the second game.

In the first game was the deepest zone in the game 1400-1500 meters. Can you add deeper zones? like zones with a depth of 1700-2000 meters or lower? Also the alien bases in subnautica are a little empty. Maybe you can add a couple of decorations in there. And maybe some extra giant, extra scary dangerous creatures lurking in the depts of the ocean? Oh, and some kind of jetski that can also dive underwater.
  • Shady_oneShady_one Join Date: 2017-04-08 Member: 229491Members
    Cochonou wrote: »
    As a small improvement, I would like to see animations for the base ladders. Those are the only instances during which you instantly "warp" in the game. Even the Cyclops ladder has animations ! And considering the speed at which the player climbs ladders, it does not have to be as long as this.

I see you point and I think they should be added in game, with a caveat. The animations should be toggleable. Seeing the animations the first ten times strengthens the player's sense of immersion. But after the 30th time it's annoying. They need to add a global toggle button to turn all animations off if the player wants too. I'm sure it would help with frames and resource consumption.

You forget about another thing - base ladders can be veeeeery long. Imagine animation of climbing a ladder that connects surface level with 2500+ depth?
  • treeofgreentreeofgreen California Join Date: 2019-02-13 Member: 250913Members
    I think it would be quite cool to have some biologically inspired blueprints. Maybe something like a Boomerang or Peeper based variant sub you can build after studying the corresponding fish enough or a punching arm for the prawn suit that you could construct after studying a mantis shrimp type creature. I personally would really love a Peeper looking Seamoth with a wide view angle.
    Also, maybe alien looking (purely cosmetic) base pieces for end game.
    I really like the idea of adding incredibly deep areas into the game.
    What I would like to see are dark, cloudy areas with varying textures (sand, rock, maybe flesh at some point) going down and down and down. There doesn't have to be anything of use in these biomes, or a way to get out of them, but they would be a great addition to the game.