Dissapointing release

2»

Comments

• AdrynBlissAdrynBliss UK Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 236997Members
    edited December 2018
    I encountered the save bug once more and no fish, not only in the shallows but no stalkers in kelp either. Using the seamoth I now routinely have to stop on the edge of nothingness while whole chunks of environment loads in.
    My save file is around 23 hours and has now been loading for 4 minutes.
  • Django2bDjango2b Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245240Members
    edited December 2018
    true, worst part is there is no cave sulfur at all. Those explosing fish keeps poping, but there is not ONE SINGLE cave sulfur inside their flowers. Meaning no repair tool, no game at all...
    I'd forgotten to mention the jellyshroom caves bereft of magnetite or any mats at all, not a case of not re-spawning they didn't spawn in the first place. the reefback that decided it liked things near the seafloor and kept getting stuck on rocks and today with have a reefback that's migrated to a kelp forest (though as i type this the big feller is making his way out).
    The xbox version was outsourced to deal with performance issues which almost a year later are still very questionable but a host of bugs remain that aren't performance related and the mats thing alone is literally a game breaker because you can't progress without them.
    edited December 2018
    Welp, it continues. My moonpool has decided to stop docking my seamoth (yes the moonpool and base are powered), i figured a reload might fix it so I quit to main menu spend 3 minutes staring at 'loading' (just to bring up the main friggin' menu) then 4 minutes while the save loads and it still refuses to dock the seamoth.

edit: found a fix for moonpool not docking seamoth. Was going to deconstruct and rebuild but the moment I started deconstructing the vehicle upgrade console the moonpool docked the seamoth.
  • VyseuhVyseuh Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245264Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    AdrynBliss wrote: »
    Such things may seem minor to some, but i believe it objectively unacceptable for such things to make it to release especially after the rigmarole the xbox1 version went through.

Sorry you're not seeing a meaningful improvement, that's certainly not what our testing has shown. Ourselves & Panic Button have worked very hard to improve framerate to be more stable, and with less pop-in than before. We'll continue to work on performance.
    mikehahn78 wrote: »
    no limestone or other chunks or cave sulfur in a new game, how am I supposed to even play without copper.

We have a few reports of this (not on everyone's game though, seems intermittent) - we're looking into it as a priority.

You can add me to the "few" report....
  • CYN3RGYCYN3RGY Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245288Members
    Yeah it sucks. I'm new to this game, just bought it a few days ago. I thought I was crazy trying to find sulfur, then I couldn't find diamonds. After watching a few videos and realizing that my game was definitely wrong I came here to find out I'm not alone.
  • MarleniomMarleniom Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245291Members
    Y'all remember fallout 76's release? I'm not trying to be rude but I'm just rolling on the floor laughing just thinking about the similarities to release. I swear I'm not trying to be rude.
  • MattbMattb United States Join Date: 2018-12-05 Member: 245160Members
    Marleniom wrote: »
    Y'all remember fallout 76's release? I'm not trying to be rude but I'm just rolling on the floor laughing just thinking about the similarities to release. I swear I'm not trying to be rude.

Thats funny cuz these problems are far far worse than the problems I had playing fallout 76 the day it came out. Plus fallout is multiplayer with rather large servers so you cant even compare the two.
  • bartman67bartman67 Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245338Members
    Sorry noob post from an old guy here. My kid just received the XBox edition (disc) after counting 100+ days since nice preordering to play on his XB1. I have installed and uninstalled 3x including the downloaded 4.3 gig update and cleared a bunch of memory (now at 65%). Game loads, press menu to start, press A to play and nothing happens. Can’t navigate or anything on the screen. Two different controllers, same issue. Cleaned the disc, same issue. Console reset, same issue. Other games work fine. Do I have an issue with the disc or something else? Next attempt will be to forget the disc entirely, uninstall and buy the download for $29.99 then return the disc.
  • bartman67bartman67 Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245338Members
    Adding on to my previous post... newly purchased download of the game from the Microsoft store had the sane issue. Any chance it’s because we have an old XBox One and not a newer console?
  • ItsBlackCobraItsBlackCobra Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245350Members
    i finally made a PRAWN suit and it falls straight trough the floor and theres no dev command to get a new one, plus theres basically no ruby or any mats spawning, even used scanner room to find that theres hardly any mats
    new patch to fix the resource bug, yay!, right?
    welp here i am staring at the scanner not picking up a damn thing......
    and that was after the 7 minute load time.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    The resource/creature spawning fix only applies to areas you haven't visited; a new save is best.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    The resource/creature spawning fix only applies to areas you haven't visited; a new save is best.

^This. Started a new game for about 4 hours and everything is spawning as it should be now, but my save from launch is still barren.
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    edited December 2018
    Marleniom wrote: »

hehehehe, I wrote this earlier elsewhere:

Maybe now it's a good moment to change the title to "Subnautica 76" . It would make it more in line with the content.
  • UNDEADARMADAUNDEADARMADA Colorado Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228447Members
    im absolutely furious with this game I was so exited to play this. I barely have time as it is because I work my butt off all week and then am lucky to have a few days off. well I start playing and immediately start seeing bugs . One of which is the save game crash that I've already read all about and it is ridiculous. This was an issue since the preview program launch and is still and issue for the most basic mechanic in the game. This is a big deal, You don't produce a full release of a game without being able to save. a lot of people spent their money on this game with faith that Unknown worlds will deliver and they still have not. Meanwhile they begin working on BELOW ZERO!!!!! REALLY. So I got to the point where you get the rocket blueprints and I still don't have the Cyclops and cant find the last bridge and all the hull fragments anywhere. I mean Anywhere!!!!!!. I literally spent 27 hours straight searching everywhere for these parts and cant find them. I've looked all over the internet to try and find them and they are never anywhere people say they are. I Cant tell due to the fact that this game is riddled with bugs weather or not this is a glitch or bug or they have just been moved to some super secret location I don't know about and its driving me crazy. All I want is to get my achievements and move ON!!!!!!! (Unknown Worlds I'm very aware that you have worked hard on this game but you not cutting it. I would not be surprised to see a civil suit against your company for all the people who have spent money on your game and cant even finish it due to bugs.
  • Kanabyss83Kanabyss83 United States Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245358Members
    Dammit i just went through this crap with gun media and friday the 13th. I need to start finding completed games or go back to n64 when games flippin worked. I have never played a game that you had to stop and let the level load. How did this make it through cert.
  • RevricoRevrico United States Join Date: 2018-12-09 Member: 245393Members
    Are you sure your playing the latest update? At launch, yes, it was far worse than in game preview, but since the first update after launch when resources came back, it's been running better than ever. I haven't fallen through the world aside from the one locker room corner in the Aurora, all the resources are everywhere, almost to much so, the lava castle was a little slow loading, but getting down to the containment facility wasn't the hour long "move 4 feet and wait 4 minutes" it was before.

I'm one crystalline sulfur away from finishing the game and the only thing I haven't found is a cuddle fish, but I've also not been looking terribly hard.
  • Stubb063Stubb063 Join Date: 2018-03-30 Member: 239641Members
    Revrico wrote: »
    Are you sure your playing the latest update? At launch, yes, it was far worse than in game preview, but since the first update after launch when resources came back, it's been running better than ever. I haven't fallen through the world aside from the one locker room corner in the Aurora, all the resources are everywhere, almost to much so, the lava castle was a little slow loading, but getting down to the containment facility wasn't the hour long "move 4 feet and wait 4 minutes" it was before.

I'm one crystalline sulfur away from finishing the game and the only thing I haven't found is a cuddle fish, but I've also not been looking terribly hard.

I was in the lava castle last night and could barely navigate it. I eventually got through it, but it was pretty terrible.