Subnautica Update 85 Released - Subnautica

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    So, have you forgotten us Xbox players? :'(

Honestly, it ain't their fault. They're devoting all devs to the DLC expansion right now, so we're getting very little support.
    I want to play the game on xbox....

Why can't you? You still haven't mentioned it. (Or i'm blind.)

Well I bought the game preview so long ago and I love the game so much but the Xbox one version is almost impossible to play I've also been mentioning a lot of ideas for the game it's been more than a month sense the last Xbox one update...im afraid they will add the dlc for pc before they finish the game on Xbox one...

Well, see, the game is done on Xbox one aside from bug fixes. Soon, they'll get to that after they finish the arctic dlc.
  • Levi869Levi869 Join Date: 2018-05-30 Member: 241012Members
    Tbh I would play this game a hell of a lot more if there was a co-op or multiplayer, just imagine having another crew member or two in your cyclops or having another prawn suite next to you while you go leviathan hunting >:D
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Levi869 wrote: »
    Tbh I would play this game a hell of a lot more if there was a co-op or multiplayer, just imagine having another crew member or two in your cyclops or having another prawn suite next to you while you go leviathan hunting >:D

That's why mods exist, my friend.
  • KalleSvartKalleSvart Earth Join Date: 2018-05-31 Member: 241035Members
    That's why mods exist, my friend.

I mean, sure mods exist. But having to compile an entire client from source, inject the code into Subnautica and getting through the whole debugging process is a bit more than most people are willing to go through to play a mod.

And let's be perfectly honest, an official co-op or MP mode would be a very, very, big selling point for this game.

I love Subnautica, and to be able to play co-op without faffing about with code compiling would be amazing.
  • Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    Why do they have to finish the doc first?...dont you think finishing both games should be first then work on the dlc?...
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    edited June 2018
    Just a reminder to everyone, that developing on the XBox is very slow, because every patch is ready, it has to be tested by Microsoft before it can be deployed. After submitting the patch to MS, it can take them up to a week to turn it around, and if they find something wrong, the process starts again.

So there's a bottleneck there that has nothing to do with how many devs they have working on it. It's a bummer, but unfortunately that's how it is.

Oh, and to anyone who hasn't played it on XBox in many months, give it another try. Performance has been much improved and the game is quite playable now.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Why do they have to finish the doc first?...dont you think finishing both games should be first then work on the dlc?...
    The PC version is finished and, I believe, the majority of players who were going to play their game already did.
    Issues are very minor compared to the Xbox version, which they should be prioritizing but it seems harder for them to develop there (as @elfcrisis stated).

And it is a company (albeit "small" for the kind of games they make) with several people working, some of which can't fix games issues. Artists, designers, editors, scriptwriters and so forth. Instead of keeping these people standing still, they go full throttle ahead in developing the new expansion / game.
  • Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    The PC version is finished and, I believe, the majority of players who were going to play their game already did.
    Issues are very minor compared to the Xbox version, which they should be prioritizing but it seems harder for them to develop there (as @elfcrisis stated).

And it is a company (albeit "small" for the kind of games they make) with several people working, some of which can't fix games issues. Artists, designers, editors, scriptwriters and so forth. Instead of keeping these people standing still, they go full throttle ahead in developing the new expansion / game.

But you see with my game the performance is poor when I look around the world sometimes black square patches would slowly cover my screen till I can't see anymore and whenever I'd go into structures they wouldn't load quick enough so I would fall through the map and get stuck or sometimes when I would enter the space gun I would come back up to exit and the gate would be back on or when I would go down to the deepest parts of the game the world loading in and monsters load in so slow that I either get killed drown or fall through the map or it crashes my Xbox one...id like to play the fleshed out version of the game...
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Maalteromm wrote: »

But you see with my game the performance is poor when I look around the world sometimes black square patches would slowly cover my screen till I can't see anymore and whenever I'd go into structures they wouldn't load quick enough so I would fall through the map and get stuck or sometimes when I would enter the space gun I would come back up to exit and the gate would be back on or when I would go down to the deepest parts of the game the world loading in and monsters load in so slow that I either get killed drown or fall through the map or it crashes my Xbox one...id like to play the fleshed out version of the game...

I understand that, and I agree. That's why I said that they should be prioritizing the console version (and they probably are). However their work on the console version shouldn't stand in the way of the creative team developing new stuff.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    "Sorry creative team, you're not allowed to do any work until the optimization and bugfixing team have completed their work. You'll have to spend your workdays watching Youtube."
  • Garcia16Garcia16 Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240275Members
    This is ridiculous how long they are taking to release this on xboxone, knew they'd just count the cash instead of working on console.
    It's been 3 months sense the last update for Xbox one...game developers I love your game I really do. It's the best game I have ever played. I'm asking if the full game for Xbox for Xbox one will be released within 2 months. Also I've been coming up with ideas for your game I have a big imagination and I'd love to give you ideas for your game.
    It's been 3 months sense the last update for Xbox one...game developers I love your game I really do. It's the best game I have ever played. I'm asking if the full game for Xbox for Xbox one will be released within 2 months. Also I've been coming up with ideas for your game I have a big imagination and I'd love to give you ideas for your game.

All the same content is available for PC and XBox, so the "full game" has been released for XBox. They're just working on performance issues now.

And you might want to check out the Ideas and Suggestions part of the forums. Lots of interesting discussions there.
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/categories/subnautica-ideas-and-suggestions
  • archmage94archmage94 Join Date: 2018-06-07 Member: 241200Members
    If nothing else can we at least see an increase in the draw distance on XBox One? It makes it especially hard to navigate the caves such as the Deep Grand Reef and the Lost River, I hate looking ahead of me and seeing broken terrain and just dead ocean beyond it, it's not an immersion problem, it's a navigation problem, in caves I have to have my Cyclops' sonar on all the time to navigate (Which as you guys know, just eats up power) in fact it's because of this that I once accidentally found myself in the Dead Zone, and this draw distance also scares me cause you never know when this could happen *You stop, wait for the land to load, suddenly Reaper attack* which is why I stick close to the surface because of the draw distance, part of how I found myself in the Dead Zone, I just didn't realize it until I saw the Ghost Leviathans, my Cyclops barely survived the trip back into the map
  • JohnnyGuiJohnnyGui Join Date: 2018-06-09 Member: 241263Members
    Is this 85 release open to the public yet or still in beta?
    @JohnnyGui It was released to both platforms some time ago. iirc, it's the one that made the game "content complete".
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    @JohnnyGui It was released to both platforms some time ago. iirc, it's the one that made the game "content complete".

Ah, that's weird because it still says release 84 on the Steam page and on the main menu in my game.
    JohnnyGui wrote: »
    Ah, that's weird because it still says release 84 on the Steam page and on the main menu in my game.

Strange, mine says Release 85. The build in the upper right corner is May 2018 - 60072.

In the game properties in Steam, is it set to automatically keep updated?
    edited June 2018

Strange, mine says Release 85. The build in the upper right corner is May 2018 - 60072.

My bad! It also says May 2018 - 60072 in my game. I think I got confused because the Store Page is still showing that Update 84 got released so I associated that with the version number 60072. Thanks for your trouble!

@Obraxis : Is there any estimated time period until releasing the big terrain optimization? I don't have the best PC specs and I was wondering if I could wait for a certain time until that update gets released.
  • BermudaRectangleBermudaRectangle Texas Join Date: 2017-03-12 Member: 228866Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    It just takes time to get deep into things.

Nice, seaworthy pun!

I love it that you guys are continuing to optimize performance and improve things. It means a lot to us and says a lot about y'all. I can't wait (but will) until y'all finally give the Xbox version your stamp of approval. The fact that you're not content until the game performs to your standards means that, deep down, you've got what it takes. (How's that for a nice pun?)
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts

My bad! It also says May 2018 - 60072 in my game. I think I got confused because the Store Page is still showing that Update 84 got released so I associated that with the version number 60072. Thanks for your trouble!

@Obraxis : Is there any estimated time period until releasing the big terrain optimization? I don't have the best PC specs and I was wondering if I could wait for a certain time until that update gets released.

You can try it now by switching to the Steam Experimental Beta version, see if it helps.
    edited June 2018
    Obraxis wrote: »

You can try it now by switching to the Steam Experimental Beta version, see if it helps.

Thanks for the heads up! What I meant is if there is an estimated time frame in which it will become an official public update.
  • rosskastinrosskastin United States Join Date: 2018-04-22 Member: 240235Members
    Hi Obraxis,
    I was hoping that you could maybe give me an answer to the problem I am having with the Xbox one version of this game that I can not get an answer on as of yet. First off, let me start this by saying that this is one of my favorite games I've ever played!! I was taking my time to beat the game and building out my base out. I was up to building the last part of the rocket and then the next day when I tried to load the game up, it gave me an error stating that it could not sync with the cloud (another time it said that it could not find my last game data saved). I've tried every possible solution that I read online, from uninstalling the game and re-installing it to resetting my whole xbox as well as deleting the local saved game on my xbox. But nothing works and I can not load my saved game up.

From my research on this issue online, I know that this was a well known issue on the pc version and that there was an update that was released specifically to solve this issue. I have seen plenty of others that have this very same issue on their xbox version. I've tried writing emails and chats on forums but nobody has responded to me at all. Can you please let me know if this is a fixable issue on xbox and if there will be an update to resolve this issue. Or should I start playing offline, which I really don't want to do. Please, please help!!! Thank you so much!!
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Could we have the PRAWN's module & storage access fixed for moonpools please?
  • DalionHeartDalionHeart Alabama Join Date: 2015-04-05 Member: 202986Members
    Now fix this glitch I keep having where the Prawn Suit becomes completely intangible within the Moonpool. I can't access the module, storage, or power cell storages so long as it's docked. If I move onto the prawn suit to get closer, I fall right through it. The only action I can take with the suit so long as it's docked, is to enter it.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    You might have to ask sweetly
    I can't stand it anymore! I want the finished xbox version of subnuatica and I want it now! I want to play it and have a fun time without things messing up
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I can't stand it anymore! I want the finished xbox version of subnuatica and I want it now! I want to play it and have a fun time without things messing up

It's in Game Preview for this reason; we're still working on performance issues. We wont be releasing '1.0' until we're happy with performance.

The game is exactly the same as the PC version, including all the exact same content. There is no difference between the two currently.
    But I love this game so much this game is amazing I have tons of ideas from airlocks to cyclops docking bays for add ons and I would like to play it on xboxone I watched jacksepticeye play the game and it was on PC and the performance and graphics were top notch I'd love to have that experience on xboxone without my game crashing constantly I love this game to bits I have ideas coming out of my head I'd just like to help and play the game