Sub Surface Seabases

Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members
I once had a Subnautica save where I built a seabase using platforms placed just above the waterline in the shallows biome. I noticed some quite interesting things with this design in my opinion are some really good advantages. This is the most reasonable way to build a habitat above sea level with having to build in the resource scarce mountain or floating island biomes. Second, when it comes to hull integrity since it is above 0 meters the habitat cannot flood in a hull breach but you might have a moonpool or two underwater that’s connected by a vertical connector but since the majority of the habitat is above sea level only part of it will flood which means less lithium expended to reenforce the walls to prevent flooding. I technically see this as some kind of oil platform in a way of it’s design and look. Finally just a word of caution, don’t build this in very deep water especially if you have a moonpool. Because P.R.A.W.N Suits don’t travel vertically as well so be sure to watch how long the length is from your moonpool to the seafloor. Leave a comment down below to tell me what you think!

Comments

• ejnomadejnomad Under the Sea Join Date: 2018-04-15 Member: 240078Members
    I like to build a small tower above water just so I have a visual beacon when swimming around and trying to find my home.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Just need a landing pad under the Moonpool and you'd be set. Not sure if it's possible to trick the game into allowing it though (or if you'd even want to).
  • BTown780BTown780 Canada Join Date: 2018-04-10 Member: 239944Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Just need a landing pad under the Moonpool and you'd be set. Not sure if it's possible to trick the game into allowing it though (or if you'd even want to).

One of my staging bases is on the side of a mountain with a very steep and deep drop. I built this exact thing for the moonpools containing my prawn. When it launched, it drops about 20m and lands on the foundation. Perfect way to make getting back in easy!