Arctic DLC - free or paid?

AmadeoneAmadeone YES Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230194Members
As the title says, I ask if the arctic DLC will be free or not? If not, I'll buy it nonetheless.

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    You don't have to be a jerk about it maalt. But, no, it won't be free. I'm going to guess around $20
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2018
    I dunno man, it was a pretty fitting joke. I can't say I see intentional jerkiness here, but hey comedy is in the eye of the beholder :D

But yeah, the way they are describing the DLC seems like a pretty hefty expansion. Not just something that's slapped on and now they are want to sell, they wanna sell it
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    You don't have to be a jerk about it maalt. But, no, it won't be free. I'm going to guess around $20
    Sorry @Amadeone, I didn't mean any offense.
    I only tried to show that you should try to make your intents less apparent. Therefore reducing the margin for exploitation by those of ill volition around you.

I believe the regular forum users will buy whatever Subnautica related product. Unless they slip up...
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    But yeah, the way they are describing the DLC seems like a pretty hefty expansion. Not just something that's slapped on and now they are want to sell, they wanna sell it
    Hehe, this remind me of Konami selling save slots for the latest MGS. I still think they did it out of spite to try and hurt mr. Kojima.

The depths some people will dive to... Save slots as priced DLC...
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We are making a paid expansion. We don't know how much it will cost yet.

Even if it costs money, i'll get it. I'd love to be in the arctic biome.

Hopefully it's $10-$20, cause i'm broke. At least if it's that cheap, I can convince my mom to give me money.
    Heheh...

If it costs $20, then it would be about the same price as the main game. Depending on the size of the DLC, then I expect it to cost about $5 to $10 unless it is about the same size as the main game.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    starkaos wrote: »

Even if it costs money, i'll get it. I'd love to be in the arctic biome.

Hopefully it's $10-$20, cause i'm broke. At least if it's that cheap, I can convince my mom to give me money.
    Heheh...

If it costs $20, then it would be about the same price as the main game. Depending on the size of the DLC, then I expect it to cost about $5 to $10 unless it is about the same size as the main game.

True. It's probably really just $10 due to what's suggested. I doubt they'd make basically another game.
  • TalanicTalanic United States Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238014Members
    Hey, after how much fun the main game was, I'll pay any reasonable price. Just don't make it cost more than the main game was...unless it's, you know, more game than the main game was.
  • JabesJabes Join Date: 2018-03-06 Member: 238668Members
    I keep checking the site to see if there is any news. I look forward to DLC and I will probably pay for it.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Jabes wrote: »
    I keep checking the site to see if there is any news. I look forward to DLC and I will probably pay for it.

You know we all are going to
  • TalanicTalanic United States Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238014Members
    I just time traveled to the future. It will be about $20 but you can't buy it until you pay your credit debt off to Altera

I thought that's what the mission was?
  • project_demonproject_demon Join Date: 2003-07-12 Member: 18103Members

No worries, got so much steam $$ from all the PUBG crates :-D
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    I do hope the base game will get patched sometime soon.
  • AmadeoneAmadeone YES Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230194Members
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    Sorry @Amadeone, I didn't mean any offense.
    I only tried to show that you should try to make your intents less apparent. Therefore reducing the margin for exploitation by those of ill volition around you.

I believe the regular forum users will buy whatever Subnautica related product. Unless they slip up...
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Hehe, this remind me of Konami selling save slots for the latest MGS. I still think they did it out of spite to try and hurt mr. Kojima.

The depths some people will dive to... Save slots as priced DLC...

Don't worry, I know that. I just had a thought at like midnight at was worried that I would not remember it. I was sleepy and my brain wasn't really working. But thanks nonetheless.
  • AmadeoneAmadeone YES Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230194Members
    Also, I would love to have this DLC. If it will be avaliable in early acces(will it be?) I would instantly buy it! I don't sea ;) any reasons not to! :)
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Amadeone wrote: »
    Also, I would love to have this DLC. If it will be avaliable in early acces(will it be?) I would instantly buy it! I don't sea ;) any reasons not to! :)

I don't think you'll be able to try it in experimental mode and I think its for the best
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    I'm going to get the artcic DLC, no matter how much it costs. I need those alien penguins.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I don't mind paying a decent amount as long as the amount and quality of content matches the price. I mean, if they add 2x the gameplay of Subnautica, at the same quality, and charge $35 - $45, what's wrong with that?
    Amadeone wrote: »
    Don't worry, I know that. I just had a thought at like midnight at was worried that I would not remember it. I was sleepy and my brain wasn't really working. But thanks nonetheless.
    I know how it is. I do it all the time too. I just couldn't let that lame joke slide by.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    I don't mind paying a decent amount as long as the amount and quality of content matches the price. I mean, if they add 2x the gameplay of Subnautica, at the same quality, and charge $35 - $45, what's wrong with that?
    Nothing, in fact I'm all for a pricey, yet large, expansion than those tiny DLC add-ons the market is trying to shove down our throats nowadays.

• AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members

Please make it be a lot!

Seriously, I want Subnautica development to continue to be funded :D
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2018
    Pretty much yeah and the funny thing is, Steam Holiday Sales tend to be quite a bit more profitable at discounts prices as well. That "BUY ME AT DISCOUNT" trigger along with the "HAIL GABEN" pressure, seems to be enticing somehow :D

fd0.jpg
  • Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members
    They should at least have a discount for players who bought Subnautica in early access similar to Ksp’s upcoming dlc in which they made it free for players who have played since 2013. I think the devs should do that.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    They should at least have a discount for players who bought Subnautica in early access similar to Ksp’s upcoming dlc in which they made it free for players who have played since 2013. I think the devs should do that.

No, but they shouldn't. They already had a discount for the main game, and it doesn't make sense to expand that to the DLC. Unless, of course, they decide to do what they did with the initial 1.0; which is put a discount on early access purchase within a certain time before release.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    If the devs didn't ran out of time then all EA players would of got the special edition that would have the cutefish and sound track. This was sadly scrapped. But hey, at least most of them got the game at a cheaper price
    If the devs didn't ran out of time then all EA players would of got the special edition that would have the cutefish and sound track. This was sadly scrapped. But hey, at least most of them got the game at a cheaper price
    Wait, we don't have the cutefish and soundtrack?
    You guys do have it. The special edition was scrapped
    Who do you mean by you guys?