What Now?.....

Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
I have finished Subnautca. I have cured myself, Built a massive base (Showed a screenshot of it at the link below check out if you want :blush:), Made and launched the Neptune Rocket and deactivated the precursor gun. Now that Subnautcia is over and there are currently no updates for it..... what do I do?....

Link to Picture of my base: https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/154197/just-showing-my-base#latest

Comments

• ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Skope wrote: »
    Do it again.

Explore places you didn't want to go before, challenge yourself to Hardcore modes, A Mortality Run, build a huge base in Creative mode, play around with console bar, even try your hand at a mod or two.

There isn't a ton to do after beating the game, but the game can easily be played any way you want, giving way to a sea* of options.
    *Pun most definitely intended.

• EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Serious answer? Find another game to play. That's usually the way it works.
  • Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    @EnglishInfidel I seriously don't know what to play... know any games that are trending?
  • gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    I would also recommend to find another game to play and come back to Subnautica later after a few patches and maybe an expansion.

Based on what you mentioned in the OP for building a massive base, I assume that you like sci-fi survival games with base building. You might take a look at Space Engineers, Empyrion Galactic Survival, or StarMade. However, all of them are still in early access and aren't nearly as polished as Subnautica. Starbound might be worth looking at as well, it's more of a side scroller shooter/platformer, but it's out of early access and more polished than the others. There's quite a few other games in this genre as well, but I've only played the ones I've mentioned.

If you really want to focus on building, there's always Kerbal Space Program as well.
    @gamer1000k I used to play ARK: Survival Evolved. But the community was terrible, the game was extremely frustrating and at the end i just had enough and uninstalled. Lol. Now I am just looking for other games. I have started playing Fortnite.
    @Catsfan45 I hear you on ARK. What a disappointing waste of a promising game that has become. Sadly, most pvp survival games end up that way. I don't know of any devs that have cracked the griefing problem and resulting toxicity in those types of games. Most of the time it seems like they intentionally cater to the very players that are killing the enjoyment of their game for everyone else.

Haven't tried Fortnite, but I did have a lot of fun with Robocraft. It's kind of like world of tanks except that you get to build you own driving/hovering/walking/flying (or a combination thereof) vehicle.
    @gamer1000k Its funny because ARK had such potential as a game but it went to waste due to reasons such as the community, paid DLC during early access, overpriced, difficulty and etc. I am glad you are enjoying the games you play and I hope that you don't run into any form of a bad community as I did in ARK and other games. This is also a reason Subnautica is a very enjoyable game, because there is no multiplayer community to ruin the game and take all the fun from it. Subnautica also has developed a positive community, you seem to be living proof of that so far.
    @Catsfan45 I generally play singleplayer games for that very reason. Some PVP games have great communities, but mostly those tend to be match-based or cooperative games. Persistent PVP games where someone can wipe out hours of someone else's work in a short period of time tends to bring out the worst in people.

Singleplayer or cooperative pve games where players can share tips and tricks on how to best play the game without feeling the need to hoard information to retain a competitive edge tends to bring out the best in people and builds great communities. Subnautica does have a great community, outside of a few rare instances everyone can discuss things they like/don't like about the game and still get along even if they agree to disagree on certain points.

Kerbal Space Program is another singleplayer game with a great community if you're interested.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    My game reccomedation list:
    • Factorio - build a factory on an alien planet to allow you to fend off aliens and build a rocket to escape. A survival building game.
    • XCOM2 - The world has been taken over by aliens, and you lead a resistance movement. A strategy game.
    • Space engineers - Like starmade, but better. You build spaceships in space, along rfwith glorious graphics.
    • Dwarf Fortress - Too complex to explain here.
    • Besiege - Build robot - wars - esque siege engines and wreck castles.
    • Gunpoint - Film noir pixel art stealth game.
    • Guns of icarus online - Fly and fight steampunk airships in your own steampunk airship. Has an awesome storyline.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Some things to do when the game gets boring:

1. Shoot things around with PRAWN propulsion cannon
    2. Go 'shroom jumping through the mushroom forest or jelly caves with PRAWN
    3. Harvest a bunch of gas pods, grow crashfish in containment, and grab some floaters, and then go clearing out the massive flux in Reaper population around the crash zone using your propulsion cannon
    4. Cuddlefish army

There are many more things to do.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Try to maximize efficiency in your base and build random outposts along common routes you take. Then stock them with an emergency water purifier and power cell chargers.
  • HiguideHiguide NJ Join Date: 2017-04-03 Member: 229385Members
  • MartGMartG UK Join Date: 2017-12-18 Member: 234491Members
    You might like The Forest, supposedly it comes out of early access in the next few weeks and in many ways it's similar to subnautica just a different environment and enemies.
  • CousinFruitCupzCousinFruitCupz USA Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229736Members
    When I complete a game I try to find every Easter egg, every glitch, every bug, possible. Glitches are fun
    edited March 2018
    @Catsfan45 Another thing to try is another play-through in which you play as a-er- more properly-stocked lifepod survivor. Basically, use cheats to unlock all the blueprints you should have and stock your lifepod with a few more basic materials. I did this awhile ago, and it's made my gameplay very different; mainly because I stocked my lifepod with some of the items which I'd considered obsolete and un-necessary. It changed my gameplay a lot and here's a list of the items I stored in the 'pod:
    - A single stasis rifle
    - Fins
    - A survival knife
    - A Re-breather
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    edited March 2018
    Some more game recomendations - most games here are old, but there is something in them that vanished today. Position on the list doesn't indicate preference or overall quality.

- Startopia: Manage your own space station, with the help of a sassy AI;

- Thief 1, 2 and 3 (this one with a mod that brings back the 1 and 2 atmosphere): This is what could very well be the best stealth game to date, with enphasis on avoiding combat. Well, you could enter a sword fight with some npcs, but most of the time they will win;

- Like @kingkuma said, XCOM 2, but try to also get the War of the Chosen expansion. It improves on a lot of things;

- STALKER, Shadow of Chernobyl: An open world FPS on a world of mutants running rampant some time after the Chernobyl nuclear incident;

- Skyrim and Witcher 3;

- Deus Ex, the original game with JC Denton;

-Medieval II Total War: Try it with the Stainless Steel mod.

-Or, if you are feeling particularly masochistic, try one called Dwarf Fortress: free, and with lots of FUN, right Kuma?

Those are what I could remember at the top of my head. Some you will not find on Steam, but other digital stores have them (I personally use more GOG than Steam nowadays).
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    -Or, if you are feeling particularly masochistic, try one called Dwarf Fortress: free, and with lots of FUN, right Kuma?

*GRIN*