Bored in subnautica? Here are some ideas!

kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
I currently have everything done ingame. SO I made a list of things to do.

WAYS TO CURE BOREDOM IN SUBNAUTICA
  • Go running around on the mountain island with a repulsion cannon, shooting everything while yelling "FUS RO DAH" at the top of your lungs
  • Build some seabase so big, you have no real use for it.
  • Speedrun getting a prawn suit / cyclops
  • SCAN EVERYTHING.
  • Take a photo of every creature ingame.
  • Try and kill a warper. Good luck
  • Play "Lava larva pinball": go to an area with lots of lava larvae, use the prawn's propulsion cannon, and see how many richochets you can get with one shot.
  • Harass reaper leviathans with your prawn suit.
  • Climb the precursor gun and yell "I'm the king of the world"
  • Climb the Aurora
  • Build a veritical connector from the lava castle precursor base to the surface.
  • Kill every carar- infected fauna you see (except yourself). Make the warper's job easier.
  • See how many spadefish you can catch in the sparse reef in 3 minutes.
  • See how much airtime you can get on the seamoth.
  • Mine all the minerals ingame.
  • Build a wall across the sea treader's path (make a new save)
  • See how many bad ampeel puns you can make.
  • Build a shrine to the sea emperor / larry the ludicrous leviathan of lamentable loadings.
    j4yzjbuaood8.png
    Yup - He's BaaaAAAAAaaaack
  • Make some song about airsacks.

Comments

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    You forgot...

*Go Play Another Game

B)
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    You forgot...

*Go Play Another Game

B)

I think this qualifies as a burn... OHHHHHH!
  • crashfishridercrashfishrider ? Join Date: 2017-03-07 Member: 228711Members
    Because I'm a broken man, I've been spending some time contemplating what a Subnautica speedrun would look like, and have been repeatedly starting new hardcore games to get a feel for how to rapidly progress from Lifepod5 to the endgame (such as it exists at the moment). There's a few things I'm not sure on, and before I start my own thread I figured I'd ask around here where most of the people who have already explored most of the content are giving themselves extra challenges for fun: what are the specific conditions that cause the Aurora's drive core containment to fail? I've timed it a few times, but it doesn't seem to be set on a specific timer, and I can't seem to figure out what the other conditions are. Is it distance? Repairing lifepod5? Having a Seaglide? Or is it semi-random?

If anyone knows how I can get the Aurora to explode as quickly as possible- I've managed to get all the equipment you need to board the Aurora in about ~10 minutes, so getting aboard, getting the core contained, scanning the prawn/seamoth fragments, and picking up all the sweet powercells/batteries/food/water/upgrade mods as quickly as I can would help me make my speedruns viable.

Thanks!
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    edited March 2017
    • Go running around on the mountain island with a repulsion cannon, shooting everything while yelling "FUS RO DAH" at the top of your lungs Did this. Slightly ashamed to admit it.
    • Build some seabase so big, you have no real use for it. Did this first thing.
    • Speedrun getting a prawn suit / cyclops Maybe one day, okay.
    • SCAN EVERYTHING. Did this. Still do this in every game.
    • Take a photo of every creature ingame. Did this mostly. The Reaper Leviathan photo is mainly of his tonsils.
    • Try and kill a warper. Good luck Did this the first time I met one.
    • Play "Lava larva pinball": go to an area with lots of lava larvae, use the prawn's propulsion cannon, and see how many richochets you can get with one shot. There's an idea...
    • Harass reaper leviathans with your prawn suit. There's another use for the PRAWN?
    • Climb the precursor gun and yell "I'm the king of the world" Did this after climbing the Aurora...half credit?
    • Climb the Aurora Aha.
    • Build a veritical connector from the lava castle precursor base to the surface. Ooo...this could be fun.
    • Kill every carar- infected fauna you see (except yourself). Make the warper's job easier. Haha...no. I hate warpers. I'd love to make their jobs harder.
    • See how many spadefish you can catch in the sparse reef in 3 minutes. Speedfishing is my sport.
    • See how much airtime you can get on the seamoth. Seamoth? Ha. Cyclops.
    • Mine all the minerals ingame. Ayup, did it.
    • Build a wall across the sea treader's path (make a new save) You're mean.
    • See how many bad ampeel puns you can make. Shocking!
    • Build a shrine to the sea emperor / larry the ludicrous leviathan of lamentable loadings. Well, it was more of an effigy...
      j4yzjbuaood8.png
    • Make some song about airsacks. After my heroic ballad about peepers, it would seem derivative.

;)
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Does the Repulsion Cannon work on the Mountain Island? Is that the reason the Propulsion Cannon doesn't work on the Mountain Island?
  • LordArmageddonLordArmageddon Join Date: 2017-03-07 Member: 228713Members
    Hey guys, I'm new here, so thanks for all the fun stuff to do. I was doing the lava larvae one and one of my larvae missles bounced off a warper! :)
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    garath wrote: »
    Does the Repulsion Cannon work on the Mountain Island? Is that the reason the Propulsion Cannon doesn't work on the Mountain Island?

No, it does. The rocks in the ground do work.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2017
    • Go running around on the mountain island with a repulsion cannon, shooting everything while yelling "FUS RO DAH" at the top of your lungs Did this. Slightly ashamed to admit it.
    • Take a photo of every creature ingame. Did this mostly. The Reaper Leviathan photo is mainly of his tonsils.
    • Play "Lava larva pinball": go to an area with lots of lava larvae, use the prawn's propulsion cannon, and see how many richochets you can get with one shot. There's an idea...
    • Harass reaper leviathans with your prawn suit. There's another use for the PRAWN?
    • Climb the precursor gun and yell "I'm the king of the world" Did this after climbing the Aurora...half credit?
    • Climb the Aurora Aha.
    • Build a veritical connector from the lava castle precursor base to the surface. Ooo...this could be fun.
    • Kill every carar- infected fauna you see (except yourself). Make the warper's job easier. Haha...no. I hate warpers. I'd love to make their jobs harder.
    • See how many spadefish you can catch in the sparse reef in 3 minutes. Speedfishing is my sport.
    • Build a shrine to the sea emperor / larry the ludicrous leviathan of lamentable loadings. Well, it was more of an effigy...
      j4yzjbuaood8.png
    • Make some song about airsacks. After my heroic ballad about peepers, it would seem derivative.

;)

You forgot...
    • Went And Played Another Game.

< snicker >
    B)
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    • Climb the Aurora Aha.
      j4yzjbuaood8.png

;)

You forgot...

< snicker >
    B)

Ok, we get it.
  • MasonatorRobloxMasonatorRoblox Join Date: 2018-01-20 Member: 235253Members
    kingkuma wrote: »
    I currently have everything done ingame. SO I made a list of things to do.

WAYS TO CURE BOREDOM IN SUBNAUTICA
    • Go running around on the mountain island with a repulsion cannon, shooting everything while yelling "FUS RO DAH" at the top of your lungs
    • Build some seabase so big, you have no real use for it.
    • Speedrun getting a prawn suit / cyclops
    • SCAN EVERYTHING.
    • Take a photo of every creature ingame.
    • Try and kill a warper. Good luck
    • Play "Lava larva pinball": go to an area with lots of lava larvae, use the prawn's propulsion cannon, and see how many richochets you can get with one shot.
    • Harass reaper leviathans with your prawn suit.
    • Climb the precursor gun and yell "I'm the king of the world"
    • Climb the Aurora
    • Build a veritical connector from the lava castle precursor base to the surface.
    • Kill every carar- infected fauna you see (except yourself). Make the warper's job easier.
    • See how many spadefish you can catch in the sparse reef in 3 minutes.
    • See how much airtime you can get on the seamoth.
    • Mine all the minerals ingame.
    • Build a wall across the sea treader's path (make a new save)
    • See how many bad ampeel puns you can make.
    • Build a shrine to the sea emperor / larry the ludicrous leviathan of lamentable loadings.
    • Make some song about airsacks.

Try this:
    • Go to the top of the Mountain Island
    • Go into the console
    • Type "item copper 100"
    • Watch
  • gevlongevlon Join Date: 2018-01-19 Member: 235222Members
    While it's great if players make up tasks for themselves using their imagination, it's better if the devs create challenges that are properly tuned and interesting.
  • NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
    • Climb the Aurora Aha.
      j4yzjbuaood8.png

;)

You forgot...

< snicker >
    B)

Do you hate Subnautica or something? Why do you want us to play another game?
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
  • vpelletiervpelletier Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234944Members
    Do you hate Subnautica or something? Why do you want us to play another game?

The way I read it, I believe he is just suggesting that if one is bored in subnautica maybe they should try other games for a while, and come back to it later to appreciate it some more.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    @scifiwriterguy The stupidest thing I've ever made. Consequently, the fifth worst bit of poetry in the galaxy.

Oh, Bladder-fish..
    Thy buoyancy is to me...
    Like a nutrient-block chowder on the open sea
    That hath bubbley spurted out its fizzy eartle-jurtles grotesque
    Into a rangling green organ biter schkruptiously
    Now the jurping rockpuncher frooding menacingly at Larry with crustacean fury...
    (And applaud with empathy from the fungoid mollusks in his armpits...)
    At the starwhal begrudgingly.
    Ludicrously I implore thee, my swimming crustenticles
    and hoopfishily dangle me with bioluminescent printing drones, Karaaribitiesbola
    Or else I shall rend thee in the globblestop with my Ion Cannon.
    Sea if I don't!

(Fun fact, the fourth worst bit of poetry is called 'the Tay Bridge Disaster' by William McGonogall, the third was written by an interstellar slug, the second is widely considered "Ode to a Small Lump of Putty I Found in my Armpit some Midsummer Morning' by the Azgoths of Krea. The very worst suffered death by reason along with their home planet, ZZ9ZZA; the native planet of which Alterra was founded.)
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    P.S. The precursors were secretly Magrathean prospectors looking for reference material for their planetary simulations
  • dasCKDdasCKD Join Date: 2017-11-14 Member: 233978Members
    I thought of a few more things you could do.
    • Build a base that reaches further above the water than the Aurora's height over water without using console commands
    • Grow every single flora in the game in a base at the bottom of the Void
    • Ram-kill a Reaper Leviathan after working it over with a heat blade
    • Win a game without using the cyclops
    • Build a giant cage around the Neptune launch platform and launch yourself to space
    • Turn the ENTIRE save shallows into the Blood Kelp zone using foundations and exterior growbeds
    • Try to get a seamoth to the top of the floating islands peaks with no console commands
    • Using the propulsion cannon, drag the undrilled kyanite crystals up to decorate the surface base
    • Catch two copies of every animal in the game and stuff them into a single gigantic aquarium tank
    • Build a fleet of cyclops and use them to trace out obscene shapes on the sea floor
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Instructions unclear, cyclops stuck in toaster