Subnautica for PS3/Xbox 360?

BadawanBadawan ??? Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217889Members
I know they just made it for Xbox One and 99% sure it will be for ps4 later, but is it possible for old gen? I do not have a desktop worth talking about to get subnautica on. I had a laptop I could have but it broke. Not enough money for new gem consoles. Any possible way they could get it for old gen? Of course graphics might be lower but still...GTA V managed to get to old gen.
P.S. I would buy it faster than I buy BO3 DLC and minecraft skin/texture packs combined.

Comments

• destinykiddestinykid UK Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217875Members
    edited June 2016
    To be honest, The xbox 360 / PS3 might not handle the game that well meaning lack of graphics and lack of frames (etc).

edit: Not to mention the amount of time it would take to make the game on xbox 360 / PS3 and Even If they did make It on Xbox 360 / PS3 they wouldn't get enough money therefor means It'd be a waste of time making the game on old gen
  • BadawanBadawan ??? Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217889Members
    destinykid wrote: »
    To be honest, The xbox 360 / PS3 might not handle the game that well meaning lack of graphics and lack of frames (etc).

edit: Not to mention the amount of time it would take to make the game on xbox 360 / PS3 and Even If they did make It on Xbox 360 / PS3 they wouldn't get enough money therefor means It'd be a waste of time making the game on old gen

I get what you mean, but they can lower the graphics and fps to a playable amount and they would still earn money from people who can't get new gen yet.

• destinykiddestinykid UK Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217875Members
    Badawan wrote: »
    destinykid wrote: »

I get what you mean, but they can lower the graphics and fps to a playable amount and they would still earn money from people who can't get new gen yet.

Meh
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Sorry, those console are not powerful enough to run our game even on low settings. Not to mention they use a totally different architecture than modern consoles do (makes it harder to port).
  • BatStriker152BatStriker152 Ipswich Join Date: 2017-02-07 Member: 227702Members
    I am desperate for subnautica to come out on last gen because I see so many YouTubers play subnautica but I can't because my computer broke and I haven't got an xbox 1 or a ps4 so I want it to come out on last gen
  • BatStriker152BatStriker152 Ipswich Join Date: 2017-02-07 Member: 227702Members

Very very true indeed
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017

Very very true indeed

Just to make it even more clear (for a necrothread :D)

That simply wont work, the technology in those consoles is just way too old and they are using a completely different OS/architechture. It's not just "lowering graphics" to make it work. There is a lot more involved like shader/driver/DirectX(OpenGL?) support and they do not have the power, they aren't even 64-bits I think <- apparently they are, but do not have the memory for a game like Subnautica anyway (Xbox 360 1x512Mb, PS3 2x256Mb, mind you this is shared memory for OS and graphics) . Heck even the Xbone is struggling right now, because in essence it is also too weak IMHO to run the current unoptimized early access version.

If the power is not there, you can't magically turn down things to make it work. Game design doesn't work like that, there is a reason for new hardware, drivers and software
  • Subnautica4life2Subnautica4life2 dudley Join Date: 2018-02-12 Member: 237483Members
    I don't think it is fair for the people in the world that can't afford things like a laptop or computer and i get everybody's point but the animators and creators of subnautica should be able to sort that out because they can sort it out on Xbox one and laptops and computers so why not Xbox 360 and PS3 I know the creators of subnautica can do it because they am amazing
  • Subnautica4life2Subnautica4life2 dudley Join Date: 2018-02-12 Member: 237483Members
    the old gen is way better it ay as glitchy as the new gen
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Ain't happening, bro. Those systems are extremely outdated spec-wise. Save up, and in a year or two, when everyone has an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro, and are starting to buy the newer consoles (whatever they will be called), an old Xbox One should be cheap enough to nab used.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2018
    I don't think it is fair for the people in the world that can't afford things like a laptop or computer and i get everybody's point but the animators and creators of subnautica should be able to sort that out because they can sort it out on Xbox one and laptops and computers so why not Xbox 360 and PS3 I know the creators of subnautica can do it because they am amazing

I would in fact love to see Subnautica spread it's wings across even more platforms and my last post in here wasn't a jab at people with older setups/consoles. But wanting something and the technical possibility of something aren't the same...

Subnautica simply requires way too many resources in terms of memory use and raw processing power to run. Even if they were able to optimize it to perfection, the older hardware in the PS3, Xbox360 and most likely the Switch as well simply do not have the power. Unless they perform dark magic on Subnautica, this simply isn't going to happen.

There comes a time and place when old hardware simply becomes obsolete, which has nothing to do with elitism. Those are merely the facts of the life of hardware, so to speak :D
  • SuppertacoSuppertaco canada Join Date: 2018-02-12 Member: 237492Members
    I think they should make it for the Nintendo switch.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited February 2018
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    ...Even if they were able to optimize it to perfection, the older hardware in the PS3, Xbox360 and most likely the Switch as well simply do not have the power...
    Suppertaco wrote: »
    I think they should make it for the Nintendo switch.

Anyone else think we're getting trolled here?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Even if they were able to optimize it to perfection, the older hardware in the PS3, Xbox360 and most likely the Switch as well simply do not have the power. Unless they perform dark magic on Subnautica, this simply isn't going to happen.

The thing with the Switch is, it's and extremely small screen comparatively, pushing what, 720p? You could cut quality a lot and probably still have no noticeable difference on that platform, I think.