Where is XBox Version Now?

MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
Hi.

I have been playing SN on pc for a couple of years now. Today I am taking delivery of an XBox One X. Whilst I know that SN has not been specificaily enhanced for the XB1X capabilities, can somebody tell me where the XBox version is with updates, compared to the PC version? Is the XB version behind or at the same update as PC?

Thank you.

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    I believe it's currently on the same update. Definitely no longer as far behind as it was a few months ago, haha.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I believe it's currently on the same update. Definitely no longer as far behind as it was a few months ago, haha.

Cool, thanks Snails. Once the console arrives and is set up I’ll head over to FD and purchase it.
    edited January 2018
    KK, I have XBox 1X, and have purchased, downloaded and installed SN.

Hmmm... I am playing on an XB1X, on a 55” 4K HDTV ... I expected the graphics and performance to be better than this. Perhaps I was spoiled by the quality of the PC version, but this XB version is awful in comparison. I am in the safe shallows and the smoothness of game sometimes lags for a brief half-second, just as the PC version used to. The image is not as sharp as the PC version and the quality of the anti-aliasing is pretty poor, no matter what option I use.

Oh well, it’s still in development I guess, so hopefully it will improve.
  • DRxShockzDRxShockz US Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206879Members
    Will there be a Xbox one x enhancement update in the future?
    DRxShockz wrote: »
    Will there be a Xbox one x enhancement update in the future?

Yes I would like to see this game use the full potential of the XB1X on a 4K TV :)
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    XB will never run in 4K on the XBX - it isn't powerful enough. It will still run "better" than the XB1 though.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Racer1 wrote: »
    XB will never run in 4K on the XBX - it isn't powerful enough. It will still run "better" than the XB1 though.

Maybe 2K? xD It's still better than 1080p.. barely.

Honestly, you really should take a look here before deciding you want 4K anything: https://designcompaniesranked.com/resources/is-this-retina/

If you put your size of display in, and it's "retina" at your normal viewing distance in 1080p (which is 1920x1080), then you don't need 4K (3840x2160). Retina meaning the human eye can't distinguish the pixels.

Most people would need either a huge display, or to be using their display from right in front of them, to benefit from 4K over 1080p resolution.

Or course, there's other factors, such as refresh rate, response time, HDR, etc etc etc, so you mind end up benefiting from a 4K anyways if you can't find a cheaper 1080p display that has all the other features you want.

Not sure if im reading this wrong but it makes no sense. “XBox will never run in 4K on the XBox One X (I assume XBX means XBox One X).
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    XB will never run in 4K on the XBX - it isn't powerful enough. It will still run "better" than the XB1 though
    Most people would need either a huge display, or to be using their display from right in front of them, to benefit from 4K over 1080p resolution.

Utter nonsense. Sorry don't mean to offend but you are talking nonsense. I assume you've never played, for example, an enhanced for XBox1X game, such as Elite Dangerous, on XBox1X on a 4K TV, a game which has 1080 and 4K resolution graphics options. If you had you'd see a marked difference between the two. Its not a mind blowing difference ill grant you. But there is certainly a marked difference.
  • SeanKHSeanKH Severn, MD Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223263Members
    Once final version is released for Xbox, will performance issues be corrected? Right now, areas still struggle to load as you approach them. I would really hate to see this wonderful game suffer from lag and other performance issues after final release because the Xbox hardware just can't handle it. Please, someone reassure me, please?
    SeanKH wrote: »
    Once final version is released for Xbox, will performance issues be corrected? Right now, areas still struggle to load as you approach them. I would really hate to see this wonderful game suffer from lag and other performance issues after final release because the Xbox hardware just can't handle it. Please, someone reassure me, please?

I notice this too on the XBox One X, which is supposed to be the most powerful of the current consoles.
    edited January 2018
    Myrm wrote: »
    XB will never run in 4K on the XBX - it isn't powerful enough. It will still run "better" than the XB1 though

Utter nonsense. Sorry don't mean to offend but you are talking nonsense. I assume you've never played, for example, an enhanced for XBox1X game, such as Elite Dangerous, on XBox1X on a 4K TV, a game which has 1080 and 4K resolution graphics options. If you had you'd see a marked difference between the two. Its not a mind blowing difference ill grant you. But there is certainly a marked difference.

You would certainly notice the difference standing in front of the display. But you would need to enter that viewing distance in your calculation. Either that, or the display was like 70+ inches. You're saying you can see the difference from a normal viewing distance (8+ feet) on a normal sized (30-60 inches) between 1080p and 4K? The only difference you should notice, is a massive drop in framerate as the GPU struggles to keep up.

Retina is Apple's trademark for a display so sharp that the human eye is unable to distinguish between pixels at a typical viewing distance.

As Steve Jobs said:
    It turns out there’s a magic number right around 300 pixels per inch, that when you hold something around to 10 to 12 inches away from your eyes, is the limit of the human retina to differentiate the pixels." Given a large enough viewing distance, all displays eventually become "retina."

EDIT: I should say, if you're talking about a PC + Monitor and not a PC / Console + TV, then you'll definitely notice 4K for any display over about 15" (assuming you sit about 2' away from the screen).
    SeanKH wrote: »

I notice this too on the XBox One X, which is supposed to be the most powerful of the current consoles.

It's the hard disk. Most power console, and they stick a 5400RPM hard disk in it. However, this will eventually be corrected with optimization.
    It's the hard disk. Most power console, and they stick a 5400RPM hard disk in it. However, this will eventually be corrected with optimization.

Could I attach a USB external SSD drive to the XBox 1 X and install games on that?
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    edited January 2018
    If you replace the XBox One (X) HDD with an SSD, it would noticeably help loading times (including hitching between areas).

Over the last few months, UWE has made significant improvements to the preloading process to mitigate these problems with slower drives. However, this kind of optimization can only help so much - and it is doubtful we will see more than minor additional improvements to this issue before 1.0 final is released on XBox.

P.S. USB 3.0 external drive will never be as fast as an internal drive, but an external SSD over USB might have minor improvement over an internal 5400rpm HDD - no guarantees there.
    edited January 2018

Could I attach a USB external SSD drive to the XBox 1 X and install games on that?

Yes. Make sure it's USB 3.0, and SSD is much better than a 7200RPM HDD, and that is noticeably better than 5400RPM.

@Racer1 That's true of SATA-3 (6 Gbps) vs USB 3.0 (5 Gbps), but just barely. USB 3.1 is 10 Gbps, however (but the XB1X does not have USB 3.1 ports, and you'd also need USB 3.1 enclosure for the drive). However, now you also have SATA-3.2 at 16 Gbps, etc etc, and let's not forget USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 at 20 Gbps.. lol

TL;DR: it really, really depends on the standards of the equipment used. Xbox internal HDD is 5400 RPM over a SATA 3 interface, IIRC, plus it's got USB 3.0 ports, so it's really easy to improve on that.

If you want to skim (or read) all the cool specs on the different generations of ATA and USB tech, read up here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for the advice 0x6A7232 and Racer1 :smile:

I looked at some 1TB external USB 3/3.1 SSD. Woah, they are costly! 3300+ SEK :o

Think I will stick with the default drive it has. It plays Elite Dangerous vary well.
  • mickid94mickid94 United States Join Date: 2018-01-20 Member: 235244Members
    Is this game fully realised for xbox one like it is the pc?
  • Talon0226Talon0226 Canada Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235469Members
    I also would like to know about if the full release is coming to Xbox today, I reinstalled the game in hope that it was also being fully released for Xbox
    No, the devs have alrady stated that the XBox full release won’t come on the same day as the pc version (tomorrow), but it will come soon afterwards. :smile:
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Talon0226 wrote: »
    I also would like to know about if the full release is coming to Xbox today, I reinstalled the game in hope that it was also being fully released for Xbox

They'll be releasing an update that will bring the XB1 version very close to the Steam release version, with the goal of unlocking all the same content, I think. Otherwise, I don't think they have a specific release date set for XB1.
    Yeah, it will basically be the PC 1.0 release, but since XB1 needs a ton of optimization, they won't consider it "launched" (but you will be able to do everything you could in the PC version).
  • MikuChanAnimationsMikuChanAnimations Join Date: 2018-01-20 Member: 235289Members
    Full version is now out, so where is it for XB1?

Should be in the pipe.

Please read the posts of this thread before your comment. It’s been mentioned more than once that the XB full version will a little later than the PC version.
  • glenbachus42glenbachus42 Join Date: 2018-01-26 Member: 235798Members
    so the xbox one verson will have too take some time to finish
  • glenbachus42glenbachus42 Join Date: 2018-01-26 Member: 235798Members
    if that is the cast then do whatever needs to be done to make it good