Just Quietly, Subnautica Has Been Updated - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageJust Quietly, Subnautica Has Been Updated - Subnautica

Hello divers! We just released an update to Subnautica on Steam. We’re not making a huge fuss out of it, because it doesn’t contain big showy features, and we’re trying...

Read the full story here

Comments

• MalkContentMalkContent Join Date: 2012-10-05 Member: 161597Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • LaloMortenLaloMorten Join Date: 2017-05-31 Member: 230851Members
    ¿Ya podre quitar el marco para fotos sin que me diga que debo quitar la ventana primero pero al querer quitar dicha ventana me diga que debo quitar primero el marco? (¿confuso? supongo).
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Steam tells me Subnautica is no longer installed but I never uninstalled it. That something to do with your update or is it broken on my side?
  • HerbaceousHerbaceous Sweden Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219830Members
    Good luck! Really looking forward to this game going gold. Keep up the great work :)
  • gustavo_sanchezgustavo_sanchez Join Date: 2016-10-13 Member: 223103Members
    Is this going to be offered for X1 users before launch day?
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    edited January 2018
    Is this going to be offered for X1 users before launch day?
    I would like to know the answer to this as well.

Anyways, thanks for putting so much work into this game. :)
  • RapierDiverRapierDiver Join Date: 2016-11-17 Member: 223995Members
    After the latest update my two most recent saved games freeze the system and give program not responding errors. Earlier save seem to work ok, but do not have the latest features (these are months old games).
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Fathom wrote: »
    Steam tells me Subnautica is no longer installed but I never uninstalled it. That something to do with your update or is it broken on my side?

The install files are probably still on your hard drive. Just check if you can "verify integrity of game files" that should "reinstall" it. At least the config settings should still be there as well as your save files...

Keywords: probably, if, should, should :o
    Kouji_San wrote: »

The install files are probably still on your hard drive. Just check if you can "verify integrity of game files" that should "reinstall" it. At least the config settings should still be there as well as your save files...

It does not give me this option. As there is no game installed from Steam's point of view, it grayed out the local files options. But the game is still installed in the folder. Never had something like that happen before on Steam, so i am unsure how it happened.
  • icesamzeroicesamzero United States Join Date: 2017-08-17 Member: 232453Members
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2018

It does not give me this option. As there is no game installed from Steam's point of view, it grayed out the local files options. But the game is still installed in the folder. Never had something like that happen before on Steam, so i am unsure how it happened.

Did you move the install folder to another HDD (SSD) than where Steam is installed? I did and have and it still installed. However, perhaps Steam screwed something up in the library link somehow, I mean that is a fairly new bit of code in Steam. Also does your Subnautica folder (Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica) still have the files or has it completely disappeared from your hard drive?

Did you move the install folder to another HDD (SSD) than where Steam is installed? I did and have and it still installed. However, perhaps Steam screwed something up in the library link somehow, I mean that is a fairly new bit of code in Steam. Also does your Subnautica folder (Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica) still have the files or has it completely disappeared from your hard drive?

Everything is where it has always been. I did not change anything on my computer. The only new thing is this recent update, hence me asking if that may be related. I could, of course just hit install again, but it might just screw things up more.

Everything is where it has always been. I did not change anything on my computer. The only new thing is this recent update, hence me asking if that may be related. I could, of course just hit install again, but it might just screw things up more.

Money back Fathom, this is highly unacceptable :tongue:
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members

Steam does this from time to time, it has screw up many of my games when my computer either crashes or overheats in the summer, click install and it should detect any files not corrupted and replace the broken ones.
  • Xenodrone98Xenodrone98 U.S Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221726Members

Steam does this from time to time, it has screw up many of my games when my computer either crashes or overheats in the summer, click install and it should detect any files not corrupted and replace the broken ones.

That seems to work. It detected existing files and then proceeded to download 5.1 GB, which I presume is the patched content. Thanks!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Sweet.

To be clear, there will be other Stable updates before v1.0? Or do you mean v1.0 will have more updates?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Anyone having trouble with their saves, you could try clearing your cache (but this shouldn't be necessary at this point; however, as a last resort before starting over it can't hurt). See the second line of my signature.
  • turtlesingerturtlesinger United States Join Date: 2018-01-11 Member: 234968Members
    Still hoping for a ladder animation for our bases. It's strange to have one on the Cyclops but not elsewhere.
  • creepjaxcreepjax michigan Join Date: 2017-10-04 Member: 233388Members
    edited January 2018
    Still hoping for a ladder animation for our bases. It's strange to have one on the Cyclops but not elsewhere.

Turtle singer it would take to long to do so like if you got a 10 story building and you want to get to the top that would take to long to climb all the ladders
  • misanthrope1408misanthrope1408 Ukraine Join Date: 2017-10-25 Member: 233715Members
    Just call this update "Blood and Tears", very epic title) Thank you. You are the best
  • gustavo_sanchezgustavo_sanchez Join Date: 2016-10-13 Member: 223103Members
    Please provide Xbox Status.
    edited January 2018
    Please provide Xbox Status.

Cancelled :trollface:
    It's usually 2 week to one month behind
  • Someonestolema02Someonestolema02 BC canada Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220950Members
    edited January 2018
    Of course, AS USUAL, the update has not been sent to Oculus for the Oculus Home version. Please remember some of us bought that version, also remember it's playable in "desktop mode". I can't help continually feeling like I should have bought the Steam version. Updates are heavily delayed and it's frustrating.

"disagree"?????????? WTF do you "disagree" with? You disagree that the patch is delayed for Oculus Home??? you disagree I feel I should ahve got it on Steam? You aren'y making any sense Tark. What a freaking joke.
  • astropodsastropods Houston Join Date: 2018-01-11 Member: 234977Members
    Did controller support get pulled with this update? Mine has stopped working and I don't see the option to activate it again. Update looks great!
  • Miggy_PopMiggy_Pop Queensland, Australia Join Date: 2018-01-12 Member: 234978Members
    All of my 6 floating storage containers are empty! This patch has removed my 11 hours of gathering essential materials for base building and tool making. I am ready to build my first habitat and have nothing except main locker with mostly batteries. Not Happy!
  • Miggy_PopMiggy_Pop Queensland, Australia Join Date: 2018-01-12 Member: 234978Members
    Miggy_Pop wrote: »
    All of my 6 floating storage containers are empty! This patch has removed my 11 hours of gathering essential materials for base building and tool making. I am ready to build my first habitat and have nothing except main locker with mostly batteries. Not Happy!

OK, so I reloaded the game and all my supplies were back in the storage containers. Happy!
  • BurntcopBurntcop Florida Join Date: 2018-01-12 Member: 234984Members
    My saved game locks up the game when I try to load it since I installed the update.....tried rebooting with no effect. Help!
  • SP_KennySP_Kenny Southpark Join Date: 2017-01-22 Member: 227115Members
    Burntcop wrote: »
    My saved game locks up the game when I try to load it since I installed the update.....tried rebooting with no effect. Help!

Run a file verification on your Subnautica install
  • nimotelperionnimotelperion UK Join Date: 2018-01-11 Member: 234962Members
    Thanks for the update. Lots of great improvements and bug fixes. Only issue I've found is I can no longer climb the ladders in any of my moon pools which definitely worked before the update. Other than that, great work guys!