Just Quietly, Subnautica Has Been Updated - Subnautica

13»

Comments

• kolboomkolboom Germany Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214670Members
    Congratulations ! I am so much looking forward to it. Also I recommended Subnautica to the main 2 German PC player magazines to test! a minor detail : just yesterday the cyclops, when in the kelp forest, had plenty of kelp IN the submarine. will that be fixed ?
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    kolboom wrote: »
    Congratulations ! I am so much looking forward to it. Also I recommended Subnautica to the main 2 German PC player magazines to test! a minor detail : just yesterday the cyclops, when in the kelp forest, had plenty of kelp IN the submarine. will that be fixed ?
    Huh. Hadn't seen that bug in a while. Wonder what happened...
  • Uriel238Uriel238 Vacaville Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224434Members
    Two Steam updates since my last post and the Habitat Builder menu is still borked, making the game almost unplayable. I click on the menu (anywhere!) and it just closes. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    Uriel238 wrote: »
    Two Steam updates since my last post and the Habitat Builder menu is still borked, making the game almost unplayable. I click on the menu (anywhere!) and it just closes. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Nada. Was just testing the latest build and faffing about with building. Verify cache? That sounds like a corrupted install.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Is this going to be offered for X1 users before launch day?

I'm not sure it will. The XB version still needs quite a lot of optimization. I have a XB1X and the game is not vary smooth :(

I am sure the devs will fix it though :smile:

Then there's the PS4 Pro version :smile:
  • RyouhiRyouhi Join Date: 2015-05-02 Member: 204028Members
    Is there any content that will be added to Subnautica on launch or is the game currently "finished" aside from all the bugfixes and performance fixes that are still coming?

Or more simply, should i already start playing or wait until launch day?
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    Ryouhi wrote: »
    Is there any content that will be added to Subnautica on launch or is the game currently "finished" aside from all the bugfixes and performance fixes that are still coming?

You can play the game now. As long as you don't rush to the point of curing yourself. Since the Rocket is disabled, till the final version comes out.
  • RyouhiRyouhi Join Date: 2015-05-02 Member: 204028Members
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »

You can play the game now. As long as you don't rush to the point of curing yourself. Since the Rocket is disabled, till the final version comes out.

thanks, i'll do just that then!

I'm on sickleave anyway atm so i'll have plenty time to spend on basebuilding then ;)
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    I believe in you guys! Good luck with the reviews!
  • NecriptosNecriptos Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226092Members
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »

Thank you for asking that, i was just wondering the same thing aswell. off we go for the last new game before release, so hyped :D
  • qeric99qeric99 Join Date: 2016-06-30 Member: 219354Members
    Played enough of this game to know its gonna get killer reviews! Can't wait for 1.0!
  • RageKilliaRageKillia Join Date: 2017-12-07 Member: 234282Members
    edited January 2018
    Good job Devs. You all have done an awesome job on my favorite game. Congrats to you all. Wish you all the best on 23rd and finally leaving early access. Can't wait to play v1.0.
  • vpelletiervpelletier Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234944Members
    the cyclops, when in the kelp forest, had plenty of kelp IN the submarine. will that be fixed ?

I believe it may be fixed now. I did see a few green slices hover on the floor of my cyclops' engine room, but nothing compared to before. Also, I noticed the water surface reflection effects do not clip through the cyclops anymore, and the transparent surface stripes at its front are also gone.
  • Lucifer69Lucifer69 Join Date: 2018-01-17 Member: 235115Members
    vpelletier wrote: »
    the cyclops, when in the kelp forest, had plenty of kelp IN the submarine. will that be fixed ?

I believe it may be fixed now. I did see a few green slices hover on the floor of my cyclops' engine room, but nothing compared to before. Also, I noticed the water surface reflection effects do not clip through the cyclops anymore, and the transparent surface stripes at its front are also gone.

That's good to hear. It did rather ruin some of the immersion but at least it did nothing to gameplay. I tend to only use it for mass transport of items usually for a new base but I like to take cruises too. That or for easy PRAWN transport/ mining.
    File integrity checked. The Habitat Builder menu still closes on click, regardless of where I click on the menu. (Mouse-over functions still work.)
    I'm left handed, and use my system with a flipped configuration. The Habitat Builder Menu is configured to use LMB for (game) Right Hand, rather than the control I configured. As a result, if I set it for LMB, I use RMB to open the menu and then LMB to select. Which is tedious.

So this is a problem. It just a problem that affects lefties like me (and other people who configure their controls.

Please fix!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
  • RaikuenRaikuen Netherlands Join Date: 2015-12-30 Member: 210624Members
    Does this mean that the issues with Reaper Leviathans (pretty much all living things) swimming through solid terrain when the terrain isn't fully rendered will be fixed? That's one of the biggest issues I had with the game before.
  • RaenWaulfRaenWaulf United States Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235709Members
    The update cleared my storage units, all 20 of them full. Lost so much silver, lead, batteries, so much at least 8 hours of gather time lost. :(
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    RaenWaulf wrote: »
    The update cleared my storage units, all 20 of them full. Lost so much silver, lead, batteries, so much at least 8 hours of gather time lost. :(

This should be the last time this happens (as in this update, while they couldn't save your storage units, they converted them to a different type of game item that isn't purged every update).
  • Lucifer69Lucifer69 Join Date: 2018-01-17 Member: 235115Members
    RaenWaulf wrote: »

Ouch. I feel your pain. I to lost 17 wall lockers filled with mostly silver copper and lead. I haven't checked all my bases or storages yet though. 6+ hours of cyclops/ prawn mining depending on the area.

I'm just happy to hear we shouldn't have to worry about that again.