[bug] A small list [57139]

MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
edited December 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Firstly let me apologize on not making a proper topic for each one, with descriptive titles.
Also excuse me if any of these was posted before, I didn't check the bug section.
I'm just feeling too lazy, sorry!

Subnautica Version - 57139 (but it might had changed, as there were 4-6 patches since I started playing)

-- BUG #1 - Clipping through the terrain and see-through textures.
First time it happened I was gliding around the alien research facility in the LR. It was only transparent textures this time, happened when I clinged to a corner in the wall to get away from a warper. I could see the funny fish inside.
The second time I was on the alien facility inside the volcano. I was walking down a ramp inside the PRAWN when I clipped through the floor and got stuck inside the wall, which had transparent textures (I'm attaching a screenshot). Then I saw there was a little robot stuck with me and decided to bully it with my drill. There was an animation on the likes of a warper phasing me and I was teleported outside, unable to swim. I could walk on lava harmlessly and run around, but I couldn't swim. For all effects it was like I was on land.
It was kinda of a bummer, I was exploring for eons and had to reload.
Reproduction steps - Walk down the ramps on the lava castle while inside a PRAWN and hope you fall through the floor?
Next spoiler is a picture.
ZEuw3m7.jpg

-- BUG #2 - Leave Seamoth on "cancel" button while PDA or "pause" is active with a joystick.
I'm playing on a PS3 joystick emulated as a xbox one on a PC.

Therefore I "pause" (open the menu) with the "start" button and open the Pokédex Designed by Alterra (PDA) with the "select" button.
But I always close those windows with the cancel/back button (the red B on the xbox gamepad).
While on the Seamoth (and so far only on the Seamoth) if I press this button(B) with the menu opened or checking the PDA, the protagonist leaves said vehicle while maintaining the pause status or PDA open. On the PRAWN it's the opposite, if I hit the "back" button the menu window (or PDA) is closed while remaining inside the vehicle.
Reproduction steps - Try getting a gamepad and leaving the Seamoth through the "back" button while the PDA is open?

-- BUG #3 - Starting Escape Pod beacon fixed on screen on load.
I play with the initial Pod (#5?) beacon deactivated. It is very bright and easy to spot in the beginning and by the time you lose sight from it, you should have migrated to a real base. And it is a very nice, detailed pod, that glows in the dark. Having a blue icon in the middle of it kinda kills the mood.
So, whenever I load the game its beacon icon shows up a little bit to the top left from the center of my screen. To fix it I just reactivate the beacon on the PDA, then deactivate it again and it is gone until next load.
Reproduction steps - Maybe deactivating the pod #1 beacon, save the game and reload?

-- BUG #4 - Swapping oxygen tanks for extra air.
It appears that swapping a lightweight high capacity tank for a ultra high capacity tank will reset the air timer.
Reproduction steps - Equip a lightweight high capacity tank and dive, wait a while and swap for a ultra high capacity tank?

EDIT: Removed as it is intentional.

-- BUG #5 - Oxygen tanks doesn't seem to alter the player swim speed.
Unalike the description of the lightweight tank for enhanced maneuverability, the protagonist swim speed (and seaglide speed) does not seem affected in any way by swapping said tanks. Maybe I missed something regarding maneuverability?
Reproduction steps - Time a swimming circuit with one tank, swap to the other and repeat the circuit? |Do the same with a seaglide?
PS: Also regarding swim speed: I don't know if it's a bug or not, but the char moves slower on surface while front crawl swimming than it does underwater. It feels wrong.

-- BUG #6 - Can't repair the Seamoth from it's right side on the moon pool.
While docked at a moon pool said vehicle can't be repaired from the starboard side.
Reproduction steps - Dock Seamoth at moon pool, move to the right side of the vehicle and try repairing it?

-- BUG #7 - Can't access PRAWN storage or power cells from the moon pool.
While docked at a moon pool, said vehicle storage and power cell slots are unaccessible.
Reproduction steps - Dock PRAWN at moon pool, try opening its storage from inside the moon pool?
PS: Also if I try jumping on top of it I fall trough it to the water.

-- BUG #8 - Open doors reset to closed condition in wrecks.
Can't tell if it is a proper bug or not. The doors opened with the laser cutter will remain cut, but the regular closed doors (the ones the protagonist just makes a little effort to open) will be shut again if you return to a wreck after a while.
Reproduction steps - Open doors on a wreck, go do something else far away (maybe also leave the game and reload) then return and check doors?

-- BUG #9 - Climbing Cyclops main stair immediately after a load will make the protagonist stuck on it.
I saved in front of the stairs, and if I tried to climb it right as the game loaded the character would keep climbing forever, stuck on top of the stairs.
After walking for a while in the bottom corridor of the sub it seemed to return to normal.
Reproduction steps - Hopefully by saving in front of the stairs and trying to climb them as soon as the game loads?

-- BUG #10 - Drilled Ion Cubes fall slowly.
In the alien facility inside the volcano there's a drillable ion cube "pile". Despite being on "air", the cube fragments fall like they were on water, really slow.
It almost doesn't count as a bug.
Reproduction steps - Drill ion cubes?

-- BUG #11 - Ghost Leviathan PDA page.
This isn't a bug at all, but the ghost leviathan (and its juvenile) "threat bar" on the PDA has a different color gradient than other creatures. The ghosts has more shades of yellow in it. I still did not scan all creatures though, so far I stopped on the lava castle.
Reproduction steps - Open the Pokédex Developed by Alterra and flip through the fauna, carnivores, tab?

-- BUG #12 - Can't pick up Aurora poster from captain quarters.
This bothered me to no end. I couldn't pick up the Aurora poster from the captain's quarters and I really wanted it. Finally did it by blasting it off the wall with a repulsion cannon.
Reproduction steps - Try getting the poster from the wall in the captain cabin?

-- BUG #13 - Stuck while climbing small steps.
Sometimes, while climbing or dropping from small steps (usually growbeds), my character will get stuck and not move (can still move the camera, only walking is impaired). After jumping everything will get back to normal.
Reproduction steps - Climb and drop small steps and when stuck try jumping?

-- BUG #14 - Hardened blade on PDA blueprints, not on the modification station.
I don't know if it was removed, but the blueprint is still on the PDA. Can't be crafted though (or I'm doing something very wrong)

-- BUG #15 - Lava Larva swims in the air.
Brought a hitchhiking Lava Larva into a Precursor Facility (the Sea Empress one). After hitting it with a knife it swam upwards and away from reach.
So unfair!
Reproduction steps - Let a LavaLarva attach to PRAWN and enter precursor building?

EDIT [maybe 57272 ??]

-- BUG #16 - Drilled ores retain scanner room marker.
I have experienced this since 57139. After drilling an ore to exhaustion the scanner room tooltip for the ore remains in the HUD, it kinda annoys when farming several nodes.
Reproduction steps - detect a drillable ore with the scanner room and drill it until no longer possible?

-- BUG #17 - Not loading wall textures from afar.
As I approach my base the wall textures are loaded after the building is, so that I can see my habitat all lit up, like it was covered in windows. As I get closer the wall textures pop in and I can properly see the habitat.
If I stop before the walls are loaded, I can see the habitat clearly from very far away, which greatly contrasts with the rest of the far away background.
Reproduction steps - Build large habitat, move away and look at it?

-- BUG #18 - Bubbles rising on habitat.
Sometimes walking inside the habitat I can see bubbles rising in front of me.
Reproduction steps - Try walking inside habitats with long corridors? Really no idea here.

-- BUG #19 - Holding Reginald fish near grav trap.
If I hold a Reginald fish near a grav trap, the fish will "leave" my hand and be attracted to it (even though he remains in the inventory). Did not try with other fish.
Reproduction steps - Pick a grav trap, a Reginald, set the trap and equip the fish?

-- BUG #20 - Lens dirt on air.
Don't know if its itended, but Lens Dirt effect seems to stay on inside bases, when the scuba mask seems off.

-- BUG #21 - Depth of Field not working through windows ???
Also not sure if intended or a bug, but DoF seems to work only when submerged or at a vehicle. But even when swimming the character seems to be wearing a scuba mask, so why does the DoF works through the mask and vehicles windows, but not through habitat windows?

EDIT [Stable 57474]
-- BUG #22 - Smoke and bubbles clipping through moonpool walls.
Next spoiler is a picture.
avchqhC.jpg
Reproduction steps - Build moonpool over black smoke hydrothermal vent ??

I intend to list a lot of suggestions on balance and gameplay, but I'll share my two cents later on the proper forum.
This already took too long.

Comments

• MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Update on BUG #1 [57139]
    The Volcano Alien Facility seems to be missing it's bottom floor. I clip through it with or without the PRAWN. Can't access the rest of the facility, but I got the blue key, so I guess I'll be heading to the bottom and save this part of the facility for later.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited December 2017
  • Inny78Inny78 France Join Date: 2017-11-02 Member: 233820Members
    Bug 3: I can confirm that bug. It's lifepod 5 by the way. ;)
    I have also experienced bugs 7 and 8.
    Bug 14: They removed some items, like the hardened blade and the thermometer, but they still show up in the PDA.
    Inny78 wrote: »
    Bug 3: I can confirm that bug. It's lifepod 5 by the way. ;)
    I have also experienced bugs 7 and 8.
    Bug 14: They removed some items, like the hardened blade and the thermometer, but they still show up in the PDA.
    You're completely right. I meant the starting pod, hence #1.
    My mind has been extremely slow these last weeks.
    Practically finished playing.
    Added a 15nth bug and will add my impressions on gameplay and balance soon.

Since the last time I played, roughly a year go, it has improved greatly.
    Kudos!
    Added a few more bugs, highlighted them with an ---- EDIT ---- mark.
    For bug #18, do you have brain corals under the base?
    For bug #18, do you have brain corals under the base?

Nope. I have it inside though, but it does show up far away from the coral.
    There are (were?) locations where Brain Coral seemed to exist, but wasn't visible (you'd see bubbles coming up from the sea floor).
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    I saw #18 myself, much smaller bubbles than coral produces. I'll take a screenshot next time. This base in safe shallows, close to the north geyser.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Bug #4: This isn't a bug. Why would you think this is a bug?
    Bug #4: This isn't a bug. Why would you think this is a bug?

Because I think it didn't replicate with other combinations of tanks. Only when going from lightweight high cap to ultra high cap, not the other way around.
    At the moment I thought the "bug" had to be the exception, so it wasn't intentional to allow swapping tanks for extra air.

I might have been to drunk/sleepy to properly evaluate it though. And I'm too lazy to reinstall the cited version and try to replicate this "bug".

Waay before realism, I look for coherence in game mechanics.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Perhaps I'm confused, but why shouldn't an unused spare air tank contain spare air?
    Yeah, assuming both tanks have been topped off before diving, swapping would indeed give you more air. Not sure about the base 45 seconds, but it should give you whatever was in the other tank that you swapped to.
    Perhaps I'm confused, but why shouldn't an unused spare air tank contain spare air?
    I never said it shouldn't. I tried to say that it looked like swapping tanks doesn't give air, excluding a specific combination, but I didn't test thoroughly. Therefore I assumed that, in the game, the specific combo was the exception and not the norm.

Now, given @0x6A7232 comment, I'm confused. Do I need to equip said tanks to refill them with air?

• CryoconCryocon Ohio Join Date: 2017-10-20 Member: 233632Members
    That would be a big yes. I use an ultra with a high capcity spare when exploring wrecks. You must refill the tank(s) you use, after each use.
    You can add to your list that Creepvine Seed Clusters are rock solid for the Seamoth, even damaging it.
    You can add to your list that Creepvine Seed Clusters are rock solid for the Seamoth, even damaging it.

Pretty sure that's intentional. (Whether it makes sense is another issue.)

Pretty sure that's intentional. (Whether it makes sense is another issue.)

Agreed; they didn't used to be rock solid, and now they are, meaning someone added collision.
    edited December 2017
    Looks like it wasn't intended after all.
    #57934 Fix kelp seeds preventing swimming/driving through kelp forests. Fix the creepvine seed dropping as a textured box.
    Also, concerning bug #12, the Aurora poster is fixed.
    #57853 Fixed collision in captains quarters you can now pick up the aurora poster.
    Thanks Belgarel. You're all doing an awesome work with this game. :)
    @Belgarel Did you move Waterproof lockers out of CellsCache, or just make them get copied over on update? Or is it something completely unrelated? (AFAIK they were stored in CellsCache, which gets reset on updates a lot, which was what was causing this?)
    Edited the list, removed #4 and added a #22 which was certainly reported already.
    A few questions, is there a way to fold images, so people need to click on a button to check'em?

Second question, does anyone knows how Warpers work? I just had a hard core game interrupted cause a warper "warped" me and I died with nearly full HP in a reinforced dive suit. Is there a log or something I can check these events?
    I also almost lost this same hardcore game by clipping over the floor in an exosuit. I was bored and went boxing with a reaper nearby a stone arch on a sandy environment, W-NW from the map "center" I think. After a few rounds the reaper pushed me through the floor and I dropped until I reached the lava corridor leading to the castle lava chamber. I didn't have any upgrades on the suit and was being crushed to death (but as the game doesn't delete the save until we die I just made a backup and quit). Didn't take any screenshots or anything cause I was worried about my hardcore save and was running a little late for work.

Clipping through walls seems like one of the major issues to wrap up before launch (both for player and other creatures/vehicles).
    Use [spoiler][/spoiler] tags to hide images.

Like this:
    67a6c611b10422bd66984f7874854e08-dbm2t3c.png
    Ty @0x6A7232

I thought it might have extra collapsible options. As some forums do (don't now much BBcode though).
    I'll edit the first post, I dislike large pictures in text.
  • BelgarelBelgarel Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231570Members, Subnautica Developer
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    @Belgarel Did you move Waterproof lockers out of CellsCache, or just make them get copied over on update? Or is it something completely unrelated? (AFAIK they were stored in CellsCache, which gets reset on updates a lot, which was what was causing this?)

I switched them to global entities like base components (so they won't live in the cache anymore, which is cleared when the game world is changed) and disable their physics when sufficiently far from the player. There's code to migrate existing lockers to global but it might not help deployed lockers depending on the content of the next stable patch as the cache is cleared before that code is run. They'll be fine after that, though.
    It looks like the seeds collision fix helped a lot those poor Reefbacks that often got stuck in Creepvines. Still, I'm not so fond of having them wander in those shallow waters, as they should stay in Grassy Plateaus. Makes building a base on the edge of the area a bit hazardous. (It would be great if, at some point, they have a bit of code to detect base elements and swim away).