GAME WON'T SAVE MY PROGRESS (3 in 1 update)

Comments

• obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    What? But then my save game would 3 hours before I even played. It could create a time paradox, the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's worst-case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

I'll give it a go... Lol
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    Well, the -3 hour timezone change works! I just need to wait an hour for my latest save to save
  • bubba1234bubba1234 Netherlands Join Date: 2017-10-01 Member: 233347Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We're pretty sure we know what's causing it now, finally. A temp-fix is also possible you can try at home.

Those of you with the Save Game problem, please try setting your Xbox back 3 hours in time, in settings (change your time zone to -3 of whatever you are currently at). Then reboot the console, and launch Subnautica. Let us know if you can save after that.

Yessssss this works for me!!!!!!
    Thank you so much
    The alternative solution is to move a couple of thousand miles east to a new house. But it's quite an expensive fix.
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    Just out of interest which time zones are people picking , there is a few that are -3 , I picked Salvador and now I'm just waiting for sub to download and I'll test it

How the hell did they work out that fix ?
  • bubba1234bubba1234 Netherlands Join Date: 2017-10-01 Member: 233347Members
    Just out of interest which time zones are people picking , there is a few that are -3 , I picked Salvador and now I'm just waiting for sub to download and I'll test it

How the hell did they work out that fix ?

I live in +1 amsterdam so i took -2 co-ordinated universal time
    I live in the UK so picked Greenland. Brrr it's cold, I think subnautica might freeze over.
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    IT WORKED !!!

OBRAXIS I LOVE YOU XXX
  • OathswornOathsworn Nuneaton Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225271Members
    I changed mine to Buenos Aires, works fine for me now. Now I can look forward to playing Subnautica, again.
    Thanks Obraxis, hope your team finds and squashes this bug soon.
    It is the best news heard in.. Gosh, I can't remember!

I had one issue where the game spent over 6 hours trying to save, I had to go out and when I got back in I just closed it down because it wasn't working. But it loaded the save prior to that just fine.
  • nix3ternix3ter forfar Join Date: 2017-09-21 Member: 233172Members
    Tried changing time and rebooting Xbox, didn’t work at first. Then tried again but unplugged Xbox power and booted up. Worked that time. Played for a while, tried to save it then load it up and it hasn’t worked.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    I hope the naysayers and complainers get a better understanding of just how ridiculous some of these issues are to find. Glad to hear there's a fix coming for those who got hit by it!

The frame rate seemed dramatically improved with the Cuddle fish update for me as well, thanks for all the hard work. You guys have created an incredibly unique gaming experience, and that's not an easy thing to come by these days.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I hope the naysayers and complainers get a better understanding of just how ridiculous some of these issues are to find. Glad to hear there's a fix coming for those who got hit by it!

The frame rate seemed dramatically improved with the Cuddle fish update for me as well, thanks for all the hard work. You guys have created an incredibly unique gaming experience, and that's not an easy thing to come by these days.

Best part: it was actually a Unity bug, if I understand correctly. So, not their (UWE's) bug at all. Interesting to see if any other Unity games on Xbox Early Access run into this (or maybe their saved game code is so dissimilar, it doesn't affect them, who knows).
    edited October 2017
    Also, why wouldn't this happen on the dev kits? Were they in a different time zone than Obraxis? (probably, it would make sense, I guess... for some reason I have a hard time imagining UWE all working abroad instead of hanging out together in their studio or whatever)
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Also, why wouldn't this happen on the dev kits? Were they in a different time zone than Obraxis? (probably, it would make sense, I guess... for some reason I have a hard time imagining UWE all working abroad instead of hanging out together in their studio or whatever)

My Dev Kit is set to USA time, which is why it did not see this. Same with the ones in the actual office, it's location is USA to USA timezones.
  • simsalabimmsimsalabimm germany Join Date: 2017-09-17 Member: 233112Members
    edited October 2017
    OMG Guys ! it really works ! set the time to Greenland -3 hours. it took not over after hardware restart but after adjusting again it woks perfectly ! Ty soo much for this workaround !! <3
  • MiriageMiriage Australia Join Date: 2017-10-18 Member: 233610Members
    So basically I was allowed to save once every 10 hours
    Miriage wrote: »
    So basically I was allowed to save once every 10 hours

Go into your settings, find your time zone. Whatever it's set to, find a zone that's 3 hours behind it, and set it to that.
    So... question: would it have been possible to catch this bug without Unity source code access? If not... that would have been a doozy.

Source code access cost UWE $55K / year, so regardless, I think (for whatever that's worth, haha) UWE should get a discount on that if they're having to stomp annoying bugs for the Unity devs.

Of course, I could be seeing this all from the wrong perspective. Feel free to set me straight if so.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2017
    The patch is scheduled to be released at 6:00 AM PDT on 10/20 (tomorrow). That's 9AM Eastern USA, 2PM UK, Midnight Sydney Australia Time.

Make sure you change your timezones back to the correct one at some point.
  • VeateckVeateck Cz Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232908Members
    The patch is scheduled to be released at 6:00 AM PDT on 10/20 (tomorrow). That's 9AM Eastern USA, 2PM UK, Midnight Sydney Australia Time.

If I haven't managed to change the xbox time at all, will the patch still fix the bug?
    Veateck wrote: »

If I haven't managed to change the xbox time at all, will the patch still fix the bug?

Yes.
  • VeateckVeateck Cz Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232908Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Veateck wrote: »

Yes.

Thank you
  • astroneerant1astroneerant1 Auckland, New Zealand Join Date: 2017-10-06 Member: 233421Members
    Good job team, I am loving being able to save. Thanks. Keep up the good work.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    @Obraxis Just wanted to say thanks, to you and the team, for all the performance improvements in the recent Cuddlefish update! Was really impressed with the improvements to the framerate (running alot smoother) plus all the little additions, like the huds and some sounds, pretty sure I heard new music in there too. Great job, thanks for all your hard work.
  • kirbyatemysoulkirbyatemysoul Join Date: 2017-10-23 Member: 233697Members
    still having saves not appear after the patch. i dont think its the same bug though since im in a U.S. time zone (-5 hours gmt) since the patch sometimes saves have worked others havnt. last night i saved inside my base and then being skeptical since ive had problems with about every other save not take i exited my base and saved 2 more times back to back then exited to main menu before turning off my xbox. when i booted up today none of the 3 saves worked it instead loaded about 2 hours prior. hope you guys can track it down. i know you slaved away to find the time zone glitch it sucks to have to send you on another hunt.

edited October 2017
    still having saves not appear after the patch. i dont think its the same bug though since im in a U.S. time zone (-5 hours gmt) since the patch sometimes saves have worked others havnt. last night i saved inside my base and then being skeptical since ive had problems with about every other save not take i exited my base and saved 2 more times back to back then exited to main menu before turning off my xbox. when i booted up today none of the 3 saves worked it instead loaded about 2 hours prior. hope you guys can track it down. i know you slaved away to find the time zone glitch it sucks to have to send you on another hunt.

Shiyyyt... frown.gif
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members

Was this a new game you started after the patch, or a game you started previously? If it's a previous game, try starting a new one and see what happens.

Either way, use the in-game feedback function if you haven't already. That'll send good data to the devs for analysis.
  • kirbyatemysoulkirbyatemysoul Join Date: 2017-10-23 Member: 233697Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »

Was this a new game you started after the patch, or a game you started previously? If it's a previous game, try starting a new one and see what happens.

Either way, use the in-game feedback function if you haven't already. That'll send good data to the devs for analysis.

this was a post cuddlefish but pre patch file but since posting above i made a new file and pumped hours into it seemed to save fine at first but just now game crashed so i went to load my save and found it set me back several hours again in spite of saveing about 5 min prior to the crash and about a half hour before that.when the game crashed i had been resource gathering in my kitted out prawn. the save that it loaded is before i even had the prawn built and i need to go get blue prints/build all its upgrades again ... good thing i love the crap outa this game i keep getting to replay it lol

and yes i made sure to report in game feedback