Cuddlefish Coming to Xbox One, Save / Load Progress - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageCuddlefish Coming to Xbox One, Save / Load Progress - Subnautica

The Cuddlefish Update is life on Steam. We’ve made solid progress on preparing it for Xbox One. We don’t know exactly when it will be released. The ‘build’ (a version...

Read the full story here

Comments

• obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    This is great news! I look forward to testing.. And having a fishy companion.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I wonder if it would be possible to implement a debug switch in Subnautica, that basically creates and saves a verbose debug log (and sends it to UWE if the user requests it to do so, and provides the user with a ticket number for referring to it in the forums or e-mails with dev support). I 'unno, just seems like it might come in handy. Probably waay too late in the game for that unless it would be easy to implement, though.
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    Yes! A verbose debug log would be fantastic. You can already access some debug information in regards to trash cleanup with screen drawing so that would be excellent.
  • StormShockerStormShocker Join Date: 2017-08-27 Member: 232676Members
    So have you only fixed some of the issues with the save/load, because mine still wont load. it keeps on saying cant connect to the cloud at the moment.
  • StormShockerStormShocker Join Date: 2017-08-27 Member: 232676Members
    Someone pls tell me because I have been waiting for a long time to finish the game.
  • AMPEELiskindacoolAMPEELiskindacool Join Date: 2017-09-26 Member: 233251Members
    The adorable little squiddy slowly takes over the world...
  • gamefly117gamefly117 Join Date: 2017-07-11 Member: 231750Members
    Is a hard drive an instrument
  • CiarlaCiarla Australia Join Date: 2017-10-02 Member: 233354Members
    I hope the save problem if fixed soon; my save on Xbox doesn't work. I tried starting a new game, saving along the way. after 6 hours the game crashed, and there was no save to be found.

I really enjoy playing the game, but now I can't since I cannot save any progress :(
  • catchifucancatchifucan Australia Join Date: 2017-10-01 Member: 233344Members
    edited October 2017
    When is this patch actually coming out?
    Would love to play more and actually keep progressing forward.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    When is this patch actually coming out?
    Would love to play more and actually keep progressing forward.

They haven't set a date. It's going through final testing with Microsoft and UWE now, but I'd set my expectations at about two weeks, max. That's what I think, but I don't work at all with UWE or know any of the staff, so don't take my word for it. It's just my best guess.
    Yeah can't wait for the save issue to be fixed for Xbox started playing noticed the issue, now just waiting for patch because it's to frustrating to play for hours then have to restart again
  • DroYzeDroYze France Join Date: 2017-10-09 Member: 233466Members
    I've the version 52814, it's The Cuddlefish Update inclued ?
  • algo82algo82 Polska Join Date: 2017-10-03 Member: 233372Members
    So It's official now. Save/Load fix is not a part of the Cuddlefish update.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    algo82 wrote: »
    So It's official now. Save/Load fix is not a part of the Cuddlefish update.

We put in a number of fixes to try and make it work, but it seems those efforts only helped a small number of people. We're still working on this.
    Yeah mine still isn't working but I hope soon it gets sorted. The frame rate now seems better and the pop in doesn't seem to freak out the system as much so still an improvement. Just the save is broken at the moment which is stuffing up the experience.
  • astroneerant1astroneerant1 Auckland, New Zealand Join Date: 2017-10-06 Member: 233421Members
    Having the same issues. Love the game but not fun to keep doing the same thing over and over again because game can't save.