GAME WON'T SAVE MY PROGRESS (3 in 1 update)

Comments

• SatanspawnSatanspawn Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228719Members
    edited September 2017
    U devs, now that u have a workable game....need to stop releasing content containing (CRITICAL FAILURES).....its a great game....but doing what ur doing is like giving ur kid a chocolate bar then having it taken away before they can eat it....no hard feelings..sound advice....u devs owe me a bottle of sumthin good.
  • miket96miket96 cyprus Join Date: 2017-09-13 Member: 232982Members
    edited September 2017
    I'm on xbox one s and have the same issue. The game is unplayable
  • fizzylizzyfizzylizzy Sweden Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232963Members
    edited September 2017
    I can confirm that all of my friends who haz played 3in1 are experiencing same problems. All of them, including myself. I have the original xOne . Some of my friends have xOne s and original. We all have tried clearing cash and re install. Deliting save file everywhere . But to no avail. Two of my friend who introduced me to subnautica have played long time. I just recently got it, but followed the game sins day one! I'll post anything if I finde out more about this nonsense.
    I What to help see this games to it's full glory !!! :D

Good luck to you devs and I hope you're doing something about this becose I don't see anything even mention about this in Trello :(

Why is that?
    I'm referring to this...
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We're looking into it as a priority. We'll let people know when we have news.

P.s: One of my friends has a modified xOne and has desided to exported this game to reverse engineere it. Said that he is tired of waiting and wanted to do something about it him self... Ranted about that he might do a better job fixing the issue him self
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    I'm not sure you'll have much luck decompiling around 25-40gb of uncompressed data, finding the issue and then recompiling it before the devs do, but good luck.. Personally I'd have more faith in the devs.
    edited September 2017
    I'm not sure you'll have much luck decompiling around 25-40gb of uncompressed data, finding the issue and then recompiling it before the devs do, but good luck.. Personally I'd have more faith in the devs.

I think so my self to. And I told him that . But he presisted, ranting about it, talking about some other bugs and blabla blaaa... But hey, maybe he will finde something before they do and post the issue somewhere ^^ but idk what he is actually up to :/
  • R3laXR3laX Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232925Members
    Oky i have tested the game with my second xbox without any connection to the cloud. Same issue. I have the Call of Duty 1TG Version and the 512mb normal xbox version. I cant introduce that the savebug are a big problem is. The saveoperation is successfull if no one exists. I can save once only. Then every saveoperation has no effect. Only the delete the gamedata in the xboxmenu help but only for 1 saveoperation. I have tested if i can delete the gamedate while the game is running but if i go to the xboxmenu to delete the gamedata close the game. Hotfix: Add a deletegamedata in the saveoperation that delete the gamedate before the save operation do. I know thats a ugly hotfix but its better than nothing for the next 1 year.

Can you do this?
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    O god please don't say it's gonna be months until this is sorted , it's the not knowing what's going on ?, how close they are ? , I'm logging in every chance I get to check and it's soul crushing when there is no news :s:s:s
    Ohh i cant believe this. I think this will be fixed next year, right? This is not the answer i have required.

Sry im very frustrated...
  • Taka96Taka96 Suisse Join Date: 2017-09-14 Member: 233024Members
    Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I bought your games this weekend, and because of the backup bug I can not even enjoy it. I am very disappointed with this problem and I hope to be resolved as soon as possible. thank you
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    These things happen with preview software its understandable. It does leave a proportion of the audience (and game testers) in limbo for considerable time however which is incredibly frustrating to say the least.

If you implement warning messages for saved games, it would be handy to include a message where it is successful.. Or even display information in the dev console, you already provide data about chunk loading and cleanup on there so it would be great if it logged save/loading data.
    edited September 2017
    all of this are some great ideas!
    It would help greatly to have a some sort of event debug logger or something that tells whot, where and how much it read/wrote on xBox, and another one spechaly focused on the in games save funktions, or something, becose of how very strange this bug is. we don't know if it is actually writing something and/or how! Becose when u save, and then type in the DevConsole "gamereset", it clearly reverts to the latest save u made (maybe becose it reads from ram?). Becose it somehow fails to read it properly or write, when exiting the game and return to the save later on, and this is at any point of time in the game, meaning it does not matter if it's just in the begining of the game or far in to it.
    I first thot it did not save becose of some sort of a horrible in game collision errors or other entities errors, hindering the game from recording the data and save it, but I don't think this is the case...

I'll help out in any data collection u guys need and such if theese abilities are included in a quick debug mode uppdate or something, and I'll take some screenshot and video recording and send it all in

I'm verry sorry about this devs, I know how frustraiting this things can be, i hope we can all help you guys out in finding whot is actually going on in this b, even if u guys did several months of testing
    edited September 2017
    Maybe this issue is on how the game translates the raw data from ram when preparing to write to hard drive?

maybe an old version of code structure that translates the data back then in it's own way and collided with some of the new and refined game code for the current game version ? Just a suggestion. I hope u guys have a well managed game code . U know whot I'm talking about ;)

Egane, we all have writen bad codes ^^. It happens, we are human after all
  • WhItEDeDWhItEDeD Россия Join Date: 2017-09-15 Member: 233040Members
    Good afternoon. This is the same problem on my xbox 1. The game did not report any errors during the game. But I noticed that if you start another new game, if you save and exit the second world, it will not be in the save selection list. Perhaps the error is not in the process of saving / writing, but the error in the screen of selecting the saved games, maybe it's just not updated, and does not show saving?
  • UenastUenast Join Date: 2017-09-15 Member: 233048Members
    I just bought the game in the update day... FPS are horrible, game wont save...
    Worst money spent in this year. I'm a god damn winner.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Uenast wrote: »

It's in early access for a reason, kid.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members

It will be fine by 1.0, also, it's not really bad at the current moment performance-wise, although it seems that some are affected by bad FPS. It'll all come out in the wash, to be sure.
  • GioIsBeastGioIsBeast Join Date: 2017-09-15 Member: 233057Members
    same is happening to me. The only reason I have this account was to report this issue.
    I love this game but this bug makes it unplayable. I hope this issue will be fixed as soon as possible.
  • UenastUenast Join Date: 2017-09-15 Member: 233048Members
    edited September 2017

Calling ppl kids is very mature. Early access means bugs, glitches etc. When the game is not playable it's NO access, not early. I understand you are funboy. I like the game also (pc version) but there are situations when me must take off our rose tinted glasses.
    edited September 2017

Calling ppl kids is very mature. Early access means bugs, glitches etc. When the game is not playable it's NO access, not early. I understand you are funboy. I like the game also (pc version) but there are situations when me must take off our rose tinted glasses.

*Facepalm*.... Really!?!!!
    Ok... Excuse my language here for a moment here plz.

Kid, do some reading in to whot an "early acsses" means before u make you're self look stupid, and also while you are at it, read in to this game's dev plan to anderstand better whot is going on. Also, learn abit about game designe 101 basic before u scutle of. But un til then, buz off, cuz I'm not lisening to mr stupid.

And plz argue how much u whant about how much u r right about everything u sed, I don't care, but don't come over here to complain about the game when it is not even a ful release version and know nothing about it development wise. If u where a dev u whuldn't write as u did.

Now things will happen, sometimes unexpected things. But that is to be expected! That's why it's only a EARLY ACCSESS! And when an unexpected thing happends, report it... Otherwise DONT BUY THE GAME IF U DONT WHANT BUGS, it's there as an early accsess probably for several reasons. But usually it's becose to help out finding issues that has not been found/detect by the devs and/or internal testing teams and report theese issues to them, and not to play and have fun expecting everything to be flawless... -___-
    But the thing is that I get whot u are saying. But this issue did not show up in the internal testing faze, but only after it who's released to the public. But theese thing happens, as an unexpected issue.
  • PrestonCreedGPrestonCreedG Join Date: 2017-09-15 Member: 233063Members
    edited September 2017
    I’ve been having this issue on my Xbox as well, but my brother on the other hand does not have this problem. I love this game and I really hope you guys sort this out. And people, forums are for communities to work together with their developers and that requires a certain amount of respect. You guys shouldn’t be talking inappropriately about the developers and subnautica when they are trying everything they possibly can to get this bug fixed.

Oh, and I hope you people realize subnautica is just a “preview”, and still is in development.
    edited September 2017
    omg please come down. I think it is the long time thats the game is unplayable. Its tru, its a early access but access? The framerate made the game unplayable, really unplayable. My last savegame was from november 2016. And now after long time got fixed the framerate an make the game playable. But whats happen? The really really big savebug destroy all possible fun. That is really really bad. Early access is ok i know early acces from other games like ark with problems but they are the most time playable. The more exciting is the uncertain time which the savebugfix take. Can we play the game this year or next year? We are frustratred because we have fun at subnautica because the bgame is a really god game because.... See this more than a compliment as an uninteresting. DEV FIX THE SAVEBUG NOW ;-)

p.s. is no discussion over the early access needed. The savebugfix is only needed.
    I've done another full wipe and reinstall today to see if would make a difference, it seemed to work before for a little while (I was able to save and reload a good couple of hours), however this time it failed after the first save.

Hopefully they'll push out the cuddle fish update with some diagnostic tools to help them diagnose the fault a good proportion of us are experiencing. It would be nice if the update fixed the issue, but seeing as they don't know what the issue is - that is unlikely, so thats the best we can hope for in the mean time.

I agree this bug pretty much destroys the preview experience, because it's unlikely any of us will get to the point we can experience the added features. Im sure some of us perhaps wish we could role back.. But at the same time that prevents faults being found.
  • QuantumSamurai0QuantumSamurai0 Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233072Members
    Having the same issues.
    I love this game, so hope it will be fixed soon.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    This still works fine for me on XB1. I don't recall ever having this problem, actually. There's got to be some difference between my console and the ones used by the people having trouble. Some kind of obscure hardware differences between models? Something to do with hard drive firmware? I might see if I can find a way to get that super detailed information, and then other folks can do it and we can compare.

I guess what the devs could really use is an Xbox that's having the problem.
    edited September 2017
    I'd offer mine, but it's a fair distance to send from the UK to 'San Francisco .' and id like it back preferably within a month. Would unknown worlds reimburse shipping costs?
  • rpnprpnp Join Date: 2017-07-29 Member: 232125Members
    Maybe the devs don't need an Xbox with the problem: perhaps all they need is access to the Xbox account of someone who has the problem. This will allow the devs to download and analyze the saved games of that person. It might even be the case that the bug is tied to some setting in the user profile.

somebody tried to reset the xbox with saving the installed games, and completely 0 ???