Good things come in threes: News about Xbox One Updates

2»

Comments

• OpinionsAreFunOpinionsAreFun Join Date: 2017-06-21 Member: 231244Members
    This is not even close to in sync Love this game but I am really starting to get impatient because while we have been waiting for weeks while steam gets update after update I'm not mad just disappointed
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    It would be imprudent to release an update for Subnautica that made performance even more of a slideshow, and then, all the devs would hear would be complaints. Much better to optimize it to the points it's tolerable some of the time first.
  • londonsmartlondonsmart anderson south carolina Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230782Members
    anti_viruS_R_8 i do the excact same thing lol
  • londonsmartlondonsmart anderson south carolina Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230782Members
    anti_viruS_R_8 i do the excact same thing lol

• adzdoomadzdoom Join Date: 2011-06-12 Member: 103957Members
    Seriously. Its ok to keep it on sale and to have sold it in preview to xbox users so how about you pull ya fingers out and fix it or remove the buggy broken barely playable crap from the store till it is. Gone beyond a joke and from a game I suggested to all my friends to one I'd steer clear of.
    I've been a supporter and follower of this team since NS half life days but the lack of a shit being shown to your xbox user base is deplorable.
    thank you for the effort you have put into Xbox updates. i come home everyday and turn on my xbox to see if a update been released :D just keep on doing what you do!!

-Anti ViruS R 8

i do the excact same thing three times a day
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    It would be imprudent to release an update for Subnautica that made performance even more of a slideshow, and then, all the devs would hear would be complaints. Much better to optimize it to the points it's tolerable some of the time first.

excactly right i hate the lag already if it did that all the time i wouldn't play till the full release
  • shane154shane154 Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231742Members
    Ok keep up the good work developers
  • skyreaperking211skyreaperking211 Tennessee Join Date: 2017-03-06 Member: 228672Members
    Its kinda bad when you know when a reaper will generely spawnor any huge creature because of the game trying to catch up rendering an whatnot in a seamoth full speed.Keep up the good work developers and thanks for giving multiple updates in one for subnautica
  • ShadowAdversy1ShadowAdversy1 NS, Canada Join Date: 2017-02-24 Member: 228206Members
    Well, it has been a while since the Infected Update, as well as the Castles and Coffee Update. Since Subnautica has alot of users on Steam, and they have the High end Tech to upgrade their Performance and Memory, they recieve the Updates faster than Xbox One does. Xbox One is nothing like PC Master Race. So lets be a bit more patient with the Developers. Have PC get to where it needs it, then run it on Xbox One. When they know the Tri-Update ready for launch (pun intended), they'll release it to Xbox Users. My best advice is to Give feedback where it's needed, Sign up to the Update Newsletter to know when they release it, and don't be so quick to jump on the Hate Bandwagon. Give them time to get things sorted out. September will be here soon, and they probably didn't know about how long of a time it takes on Xbox to Update.
  • Cam_I_AmCam_I_Am Join Date: 2017-06-27 Member: 231402Members
    I love what you guys are doing (even if it's slow) please keep up the good work!!
  • DemAngel8DemAngel8 Montréal, Québec, Canada Join Date: 2017-08-07 Member: 232268Members
    Guys, please take the time to make better this freaking already great game!!! Dont rush it to hard cause at the end the "finished work" will be not what you really wanted to do with your game. Yes we cant wait for updates and can contenant... but we can wait if its for a better game than a rushed as fuck game... we love y'all guys and we just freaking enjoy your game !! Keep doing well ❤️
  • gbuzz1216gbuzz1216 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228771Members
    Will the update be before the end of August?
  • MidnightRIOTMidnightRIOT United States Join Date: 2017-08-12 Member: 232369Members
    I have never played a game that was this slow for this long. The game is so awesome it is worth playing even through the lag. As many others have said I would rather have an overdue, but finished game, rather than a rushed and glitchy game.
  • gbuzz1216gbuzz1216 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228771Members
    On the trello page, they only have to check one more thing off, then we will have the udate I think!!!
  • jerrek_kesjerrek_kes Louisiana Join Date: 2017-08-16 Member: 232447Members
    edited August 2017
    Just curious, any idea on a release date for the update....ssss?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    jerrek_kes wrote: »

Monday it will be sent for Cert testing with Microsoft. Testing normally takes a few days unless something is found that needs fixed.
  • RoyalMontageRoyalMontage Yo mama Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231611Members
    gbuzz1216 wrote: »
    On the trello page, they only have to check one more thing off, then we will have the udate I think!!!

they finished it. it just needs to be released
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    jerrek_kes wrote: »

Monday it will be sent for Cert testing with Microsoft. Testing normally takes a few days unless something is found that needs fixed.

Sooooo excited! Just saw that everything was done for this on the trello board, so I immediately dove over here to see if there was any info on a cert date. So this is awesome! :D
  • maddogkiller66maddogkiller66 Canafa Join Date: 2017-09-07 Member: 232864Members
    So the new Xbox one 3 In 1 update.

Alot changed.

I'm missing tools i had before the update. I'm missing items in my blue prints that I had before the update .

I had made the cutter tool. Now it's gone? Says I don't have the blueprint. So wtf. Every time they update this I should just make a new save file. Considering if I lose all this stuff Every time. It would be easier just to restart?

Like how are you supposed to build a seamoth. If you can no linger make advanved wiring kits.

This 3 in 1 update just turned me off of subnautica till they can fix this.

Just nonsense.
  • maddogkiller66maddogkiller66 Canafa Join Date: 2017-09-07 Member: 232864Members
    Oh let's it forgot the gravskhere is now completely gone (thank God I had 3). The floating buoy markers. Yup those got removed as well.

As I go in finding more and more that the devs just simply took out. No reason. Just yoink and that's it.

And considering PC still has these things in game Is like to know. What the fck.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    Oh let's it forgot the gravskhere is now completely gone (thank God I had 3). The floating buoy markers. Yup those got removed as well.

As I go in finding more and more that the devs just simply took out. No reason. Just yoink and that's it.

And considering PC still has these things in game Is like to know. What the fck.

They didn't remove them, but made some of the items need fragment scans for blueprints, I think I'm going to start over for this reason. I know that beacons, the gravesphere and advanced wiring kits all need fragment scans or to find the blueprints in the new databoxes around lifepods. They always intended for this, those things weren't removed, the dynamics of the game were just changed. This is sometimes part of playing an early release. Don't give up, push on and find the blueprints, they're there somewhere.

They didn't remove them, but made some of the items need fragment scans for blueprints, I think I'm going to start over for this reason. I know that beacons, the gravesphere and advanced wiring kits all need fragment scans or to find the blueprints in the new databoxes around lifepods. They always intended for this, those things weren't removed, the dynamics of the game were just changed. This is sometimes part of playing an early release. Don't give up, push on and find the blueprints, they're there somewhere.

Thanks! I Will!

Thanks! I Will!

I forgot to mention, sometimes finding a certain resource will unlock a blueprint too! Happy Diving B)
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    @maddogkiller66 Yeah, I wouldn't get too attached to your progress in a given game session. It took a little mental girding, but a while ago I accepted that I would just have to start over regularly.

There's only one thing I can think of that was actually removed, and that's the thermometer for the player's HUD. Last I checked, it still shows in the blueprints in your PDA, but isn't in the fabricator menu. Now the Seamoth and Prawn have thermometers built in, and thermal plants also will display temperature once you place them.

Grav spheres and beacons both require fragment scans now. Uh, what else... I think I got the reinforced dive suit from a data box. Creating a computer chip and/or wiring kit unlocks the advanced wiring kit. Creating an O2 tank unlocks the high capacity tank. Stuff like that.

Material requirements changed. Many electronic things require copper now instead of silver. For a while, limestone outcrops were really rare and so copper was hard to find, just like silver was before the update. I think they adjusted that recently, though, because I've found a lot more limestone in the shallows in my last few games. Seems like Stalker teeth are more plentiful, too.

Looooots of changes to the Cyclops. Check the threads in the general forum if you haven't already.