3-in-1 on Xbox One

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond Posts: 466 vanilla
Post edited by Foxy on
Timelord_Fred
«13

Comments

  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts Posts: 1,779 admin
    Bumpity to open comment thread
    The fastest way to contact me is via @hugh_jeremy on Twitter! Add me on Steam: Strayan. I do not check forum PMs.
    Keep up to date on what is going on with: Unknown Worlds | Natural Selection 2 | Subnautica
    Chat with the UWE team on Twitter | The best way to be notified about Subnautica updates is to sign up to our development newsletters
    SeanKH
  • matijas_05matijas_05 Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228454Members Posts: 15 Advanced user
    YEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members Posts: 495 Advanced user
    Looks like something went wrong with the titles for these posts.


    garathKouji_San
  • Trigger83ETFCTrigger83ETFC United Kingdom Join Date: 2017-09-03 Member: 232783Members Posts: 3 Fully active user
    Get in I can go further in the game now thanks to all the development team for your hard work
  • DayDay Pittsburgh Join Date: 2017-06-12 Member: 231077Members Posts: 11 Fully active user
    Good timing, I'm off today
  • adzdoomadzdoom Join Date: 2011-06-12 Member: 103957Members Posts: 7 Fully active user
    GG 6+ months to get this broken crap out. Sorry but preview program or not how hard is it to test if the save feature works? I mean its not like saving your game is a magor feature thats been broken before .. is it ... seriously fire someone.
  • matijas_05matijas_05 Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228454Members Posts: 15 Advanced user
    @Obraxis After the update if i save, quit and load back in it won't save my progress! This happens on all saves!
  • MadMichBEMadMichBE Belgium Join Date: 2017-09-07 Member: 232852Members Posts: 12 Fully active user
    Same thing here. Game doesn't save anymore
    matijas_05
  • matijas_05matijas_05 Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228454Members Posts: 15 Advanced user
    edited September 2017
    Looks like another save bug.


    F***!!!
  • matijas_05matijas_05 Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228454Members Posts: 15 Advanced user
    I'm reinstalling the game right now to see if it helps.
  • matijas_05matijas_05 Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228454Members Posts: 15 Advanced user
    edited September 2017
    I reinstalled the game and it saved once and now it doesn't
  • legendarygamerlegendarygamer United Kingdom Join Date: 2017-09-07 Member: 232856Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Thank you guys its updating i have been waiting for soooooooo long
  • gbuzz1216gbuzz1216 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228771Members Posts: 45 Advanced user
    When I saw this I literally screamed on the bus!!! I LOVE U DEVS!!!! THANK U!!!!!
    Timelord_Fred
  • SoonerbotSoonerbot Join Date: 2017-08-28 Member: 232694Members Posts: 18 Advanced user
    YES TGANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!!!!! Ps sorry I was salty I won't do it next time.....I know how hard u work
  • adzdoomadzdoom Join Date: 2011-06-12 Member: 103957Members Posts: 7 Fully active user
    edited September 2017
    I need to learn to express feedback in a constructive way. --Admin
    Post edited by Comprox on
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members Posts: 514 Advanced user
    Just in time for Destiny 2! x.x

    Seriously, though, I'm glad to see this. Bummer about the save bugs, though.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members Posts: 567 Advanced user
    adzdoom wrote: »
    GG 6+ months to get this broken crap out. Sorry but preview program or not how hard is it to test if the save feature works? I mean its not like saving your game is a magor feature thats been broken before .. is it ... seriously fire someone.
    adzdoom wrote: »
    I see 5 fanboys disagree with my post. Sad shit is i bet the devs agree that a save bug after all the waiting xbox has done is not good enough. But yeah disagree all you like and continue giving each other reach arounds.

    I suggest knowing at little about the pain and pressure if coding a professional game before you make such a bold statement.
    We secure. We contain. We protect.
    — The Administrator
  • adzdoomadzdoom Join Date: 2011-06-12 Member: 103957Members Posts: 7 Fully active user
    I'm sorry as a paying customer i should support incompetence. The fact save games has been broken before and obviously not tested before pushing a release at a community thats been waiting already too long. Yeah I'm sure whoevers in charge is fine with this and happily applauds all you clowns that stick up for them when they drop the ball.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members Posts: 567 Advanced user
    adzdoom wrote: »
    I'm sorry as a paying customer i should support incompetence. The fact save games has been broken before and obviously not tested before pushing a release at a community thats been waiting already too long. Yeah I'm sure whoevers in charge is fine with this and happily applauds all you clowns that stick up for them when they drop the ball.

    Are you so sure they "didn't bother to test the update?"

    Its a minor bug that will be fixed in short time...

    P.S.
    Don't call me clown
    We secure. We contain. We protect.
    — The Administrator
    0x6A7232
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    edited September 2017
    adzdoom wrote: »
    I'm sorry as a paying customer i should support incompetence. The fact save games has been broken before and obviously not tested before pushing a release at a community thats been waiting already too long. Yeah I'm sure whoevers in charge is fine with this and happily applauds all you clowns that stick up for them when they drop the ball.

    The thing is, yes a bug crept into the game. But even if it has the same result as "an earlier bug", there is no guarantee a huge update like this doesn't have a different cause somewhere in the code. And has the same repro-steps. And from what I've seen people reporting here that it saves once and then it stops working, but it's also not 100% consistent it seems as most don't have the issue... Making this even more difficult to track down... In a test case scenario (playtest), "it works", and under the pressure to get this thing out the door, they assume it will continue to work. I'm sure they did not expect it to stop working after the initial save, logically that doesn't make sense and probably every programmer in the office is now frantically looking for the cause... Heck in simple terms, it could range from something simple as a file in the save set to "Read-only" after the initial save. Or something more pervasive in the code, where some running code sends wrong/corrupted data and their file save code stops the save process before it corrupts the file (if they have such checks in there)

    They will, as usual hustle to do a hotfix asap. Which sadly has to go through that awful MS cert check once more... And there's the teensy tiny thing that while you definitely paid, you did also agree to pay for an unfinished product under heavy development, which will experience bugs from time to time.

    Of course this card is pretty easy to pull and they did drop the ball, but calling this huge content patch "crap" because of one bug is also too easy and a bit on the shortsighted side. Even if the bug is one of the more annoying ones, potentially game breaking for progress at least. Shit happens...


    @ShuttleBug
    10-Great-Makeup-Artists-and-Their-Creations-in-Hollywood-Movies-001-500x332.jpg
    Here's my card




    Also @Hugh, for the love of all that is good in this world... Please fix the bloody titles of these two bloody threads, I mean bloody hell :D
    Post edited by Kouji_San on

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" AdminModerator

    Existence Unknown

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly
    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue
    102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting | Play the Latest Version of Booster Z-Frame
    YouTube NS2 Playlists: Unusual Selection | NS2 Stuff | NS2PT | NS2 Tuts

    0x6A7232Sam_Starfall
  • dork42dork42 Michigan Join Date: 2017-03-30 Member: 229307Members Posts: 26 Advanced user
    I'm not having any save problems, Love you guys!
    Stuck in a endless ocean and i forgot my Towel
  • Willyman1112Willyman1112 Rochester MN Join Date: 2017-05-22 Member: 230698Members Posts: 5 Fully active user
    I'm more worried about the 20 frames per second, and when I'm swimming it drops below 15. Makes chasing fish a bother
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members Posts: 567 Advanced user
    We secure. We contain. We protect.
    — The Administrator
    Kouji_San
  • adzdoomadzdoom Join Date: 2011-06-12 Member: 103957Members Posts: 7 Fully active user
    Heaven forbid I don't pat you guys on the back and say everythings fine.
    Preview program is nice to use an an excuse but are you really ok with being the only preview program out there thats left a game broken and unplayable for months and months on end.
    Stupid me for thinking that you're not ok with this, obviously its no big deal cause we're in preview.
    Kindly check my attitude? You effin seriously gonna pull that when you incompetent fucks are happy to take our money, happy to make us wait freakin months with a broken game while you hire people to fix what you cant and then rather than posting to the xbox community that you screwed up again, take the time to trash a customer who has every right to be pissed and disillusioned by your company. Well played sir . And for the record arguing and name calling, takes more than 1 person to argue... name calling? Harden the eff up and yeah kissing ass and saying everything's fine I'm sure helps you guys more.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members Posts: 567 Advanced user
    adzdoom wrote: »
    Heaven forbid I don't pat you guys on the back and say everythings fine.
    Preview program is nice to use an an excuse but are you really ok with being the only preview program out there thats left a game broken and unplayable for months and months on end.
    Stupid me for thinking that you're not ok with this, obviously its no big deal cause we're in preview.
    Kindly check my attitude? You effin seriously gonna pull that when you incompetent fucks are happy to take our money, happy to make us wait freakin months with a broken game while you hire people to fix what you cant and then rather than posting to the xbox community that you screwed up again, take the time to trash a customer who has every right to be pissed and disillusioned by your company. Well played sir . And for the record arguing and name calling, takes more than 1 person to argue... name calling? Harden the eff up and yeah kissing ass and saying everything's fine I'm sure helps you guys more.

    You dare insult our mighty overlord Obraxis!

    Sieze him!


    0l88fdbourwd.gif

    We secure. We contain. We protect.
    — The Administrator
    0x6A7232dexter397conalykamatijas_05
  • adzdoomadzdoom Join Date: 2011-06-12 Member: 103957Members Posts: 7 Fully active user
    Yup thats exactly how its feeling around here. Look I love the game and as I've said before have been a follower of this dev team since natural selection half life days and am just very disappointed with the track record of this game and now for the 2nd time a freakin save game bug... do they get worse other than not working at all? So I apologize If I have been rude or have seemed to be anti social and anti ass kiss.
    I refuse to applaud you guys for getting this patch out after how long it took but that doesn't seem to be a popular choice considering most posters seem all too happy to wait longer.

    ... prepared to be seized.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members Posts: 567 Advanced user
    adzdoom wrote: »
    Yup thats exactly how its feeling around here. Look I love the game and as I've said before have been a follower of this dev team since natural selection half life days and am just very disappointed with the track record of this game and now for the 2nd time a freakin save game bug... do they get worse other than not working at all? So I apologize If I have been rude or have seemed to be anti social and anti ass kiss.
    I refuse to applaud you guys for getting this patch out after how long it took but that doesn't seem to be a popular choice considering most posters seem all too happy to wait longer.

    ... prepared to be seized.

    I meant that sarcastically by the way...


    Your argument is completely valid but the salt levels are way too high in your post. I recommend toning it down a bit.
    We secure. We contain. We protect.
    — The Administrator
    narfblat0x6A7232dexter397
  • AlphaWinner5538AlphaWinner5538 Elizabeth Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231377Members Posts: 22 Fully active user
    Omg soooooo happy
  • gamefly117gamefly117 Join Date: 2017-07-11 Member: 231750Members Posts: 14 Fully active user
    It broke my Xbox
Sign In or Register to comment.