Give Early Access Feedback to the Dev Team

Comments

• EisenfuchsEisenfuchs Oregon Join Date: 2017-04-17 Member: 229686Members
    I just wanted to say wonderful game you have and keep up the good work. Also want to do a shout out to Neebs Gaming, and Appsro (http://www.hankandjed.net/) for there youtube videos supporting Subnautica, got me to go out and buy the game.
  • Fredster38Fredster38 Under a cat Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229744Members
    I would like to see a low-intensity indictor on the hud that the player is currently in a Radioactive area.
    Right now the only way for me to know that there is radiation about is if I take off my radiation helmet. If the rad-helmet is on then there is no indication at all which makes it difficult to get a sense of where the rad-area begins and ends.
  • DragxonDragxon Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230247Members
    Hello first time posting, here, but I have a suggestion. We all know everybody wants a map, and we kind of have one via the scanner room, however you can't bring that map with you, here is my solution: a navigation tab on the PDA

1. It should be completely blank at the start of the game, but once you build the scanner room it should sync to each scanner room you build allowing you to pick which map you want from an inventory, and just like how you can update the scanner map with drones, you should, now be able to update the map by walking around with it.

2. The ping manager should be lumped into the new navigation tab

3. The navigation tab should be upgradable in the scanner room.

4. Do you remember how annoying it is picking between a compass, a thermometer, and signals? Those two slots you are familiar with in your inventory are no more now: The navigation Tab has four slots to start with

4A. One for the Compass upgrade

4B. One for the Thermometer upgrade

4C. One for a signal

4D. And one for a new upgrade which would show your coordinates on the HUD

4E. Additionally the Navigation Tab should be able to upgraded with two extra slots for signals

4F. with an upgrade Beacons should be able to have their names changed from the Navigation tab

As always upgrades must be found and scanned to be built and used.
  • The08MetroidManThe08MetroidMan Join Date: 2016-09-23 Member: 222527Members
    First time using this, so I'll just say that I love most of what was added into the Silent Running update... with the exception of one thing; hull strength.

I get that the sub was upscaled from it's original health, and for that I'm glad. But one big issue, in my personal opinion, stems from reliance on a point system for damage - three bonesharks (attack: 30) attacking in a group can do more damage in one round than the bite from a Reaper Leviathan (attack: 80). I'd expect the latter to do that kind of damage, but the fact that the former can do it with as much ease feels somewhat like an imbalance of damage. Maybe lessen the damage caused by anything other than a Reaper, or some other type of balance-work?
  • thomas16632thomas16632 France Join Date: 2017-05-08 Member: 230359Members
    Hi, i recently tried this game with oculus rift - VR
    My only problem for now is

-inventory is really too near my face (if not "in my face" :smile: ) , really uncomfortable, i cannot get used to it, it really must be changed. Unless you want people to become blind or squint
    if we could have an UI slider with a great min max range to set it manually, it would be great

-could we have more graphic options for vr ? instead of min, medium, max, and water.

And, less important, the clouds moving during the day, while watching the crashed mothership, made me feel like i was moving, or the mothership was moving.
    Thus a bit uncomfortable too. Though less important than inventory, and i just have to dive to forget this :wink:

I cannot say why i don't have this feeling in real life, maybe because if i focus a object 500 meters away, objects that are kilometers away are supposed to be blurry.

1st impression, since i wasn't able to play long and to craft anything, plus i'm a noob so i don't really know what to do for now.
  • MudmanrvMudmanrv Indiana, USA Join Date: 2016-01-14 Member: 211404Members
    Ok, I was experimenting with the console commands the other day, because I got stuck on the island with the 3 old bases. on my way past the middle base I went into a tunnel and got stuck in the terrain. so I was trying commands to get out. In any case, I used the dig 100 command. I virtually wiped the center of the island away. Is there a way to get it back? there isn't an un-dig command and I really don't want to restart just to clear it.

what are my options?
  • Sharky36Sharky36 Join Date: 2017-05-23 Member: 230706Members
    edited May 2017
    Love the game, have played through it multiple times and still enjoy it a great deal. There is one thing I think is a must have that hasn't been done. The vehicle modification station has a fabricator on the left of it. Please add a small storage area on the right side to put mods that are not currently in use on the PRAWN or Seamoth. I absolutely hate putting in a locker to hold them, it takes away from how awesome the moonpool looks by adding storage lockers etc inside of it.
  • QweegQweeg Join Date: 2017-05-31 Member: 230864Members
    Well I only just started a couple of days ago - but wanted to say how impressed I was with the game. It doesn't feel like early access at all to me, although I haven't really ventured out very far yet lol. But love the aesthetics of the game and am enjoying trying to work stuff out without resorting to wikis and guides. So far I haven't gotten frustrated and felt the need to look something up, which is great.
  • cburr2009cburr2009 Join Date: 2017-06-01 Member: 230879Members
    When will the fill game be released for consoles?
  • Madog24Madog24 Join Date: 2017-06-04 Member: 230939Members
    Suggestion #1

Please include Modding support for this game for the steam workshop and/or other platforms of interest with or after full release of the game.

Suggestion #2

Some variation of Random Generation.
    -I see this being possible in these ways:
    -Either terrain (preferable) or loot/wreck placements and spawning.
    -Random Generation of biomes landmasses, not where the biomes are, but how they form.
    -Random Generation of everything except the ship, safe shallows placements, and pre-cursor/islands/mountain structures.

I believe those two things would give the game MASSIVE potential for replay-ability.
  • WiirlakWiirlak Blaton Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230772Members
    Madog24 wrote: »
    Suggestion #2

Some variation of Random Generation.
    -I see this being possible in these ways:
    -Either terrain (preferable) or loot/wreck placements and spawning.
    -Random Generation of biomes landmasses, not where the biomes are, but how they form.
    -Random Generation of everything except the ship, safe shallows placements, and pre-cursor/islands/mountain structures.

I believe those two things would give the game MASSIVE potential for replay-ability.

You know, the game is not generated. Only a few things are randomized.
    And no, the devs wont change that.
  • Madog24Madog24 Join Date: 2017-06-04 Member: 230939Members
    Wiirlak wrote: »

You know, the game is not generated. Only a few things are randomized.
    And no, the devs wont change that.

It's just a suggestion
  • 123destinycalls123destinycalls Join Date: 2017-06-20 Member: 231199Members
    Recently an idea came to my mind and I really wanted to put it out there. It concerns night time. So far, it's only been making things spookier/darker and harder to see, but watching a playthrough of Stranded Deep I remembered something about our own oceans that could make things a bit more interesting. Many predators, such as sharks, get a lot more aggressive and typically hunt at night (or at least certain species, from what I remember). I was thinking, maybe make predators spawn more often at night or something, maybe even add new, nocturnal creatures altogether.
    Thinking about this also reminded me of the PDA entry about the Sea Dragon. Supposedly they hunt Reaper Leviathans, but there really aren't any Reapers down where they spawn. Maybe have a Sea Dragon spawn at night in the Dunes or another area infested with Reapers. This isn't necessarily needed, but it would certainly be shocking to see a Sea Dragon outside the lava zones hunting for prey. You could even have it attack any nearby Reapers.
    Whatever the case, I'd like to see the Day/Night cycle be taken advantage of. Noticeably. Could give people a reason to use the bed feature if they're too nervous to face the terrifying ocean at night. ;P
  • JomiJomi Deutschland Join Date: 2017-06-20 Member: 231210Members
    It is the best game but there Are too man submarins but i trink That there come more soon.
  • FruneirosFruneiros Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226028Members
    I can't have fun in this game / can't be bothered to play it anymore until this Silent Running patch is fixed. All I want to do is explore new content but my cyclops is just getting massacred by hundreds of beasts no at deep waters no matter what I do. Silent Running rigged, moving at minimal speed, trying to avoid creatures, nothing works; just getting drastically massacred completely unable to explore the new content. Want to see, but I give up on this trash until fixed.
  • oliverlord78oliverlord78 Brasil Join Date: 2017-06-25 Member: 231350Members
    edited June 2017
    Not sure if it's here to post !!

It would be interesting

1- Some kind of intelligent life.
    2- To be able to build submarines larger than the .....
    3- Submersible platform for ship building that offers other plans, besides possibility to land in oceans too!
    4- Construction of some kind of jetsky or speedboat.
    5- Use a companion, a pet to accompany us in vehicles, and live at the base with us.
  • GuillimanGuilliman Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231357Members
    edited June 2017
    Hello,

I recently purchased early access with the steam sales as I couldn't wait any longer to try out this gem of a game thanks to the many youtube videos of people trying it out.

I do have a few opinions/suggestions/critiques and since this is still in active development I wanted to express and share these here. I understand it's late in the development phase so I won't be making anything too unrealistic like fundamental changes (not that I think it needs any).

Wildlife
    There are two things that are bothering me a lot about hostile creatures;

1. The warpers teleport you out of your PRAWN.
    The main issue is disorientation and losing game progress are too harsh imo. I think a better way would be to have them directly harm the player while they are inside the PRAWN. This gives the player more control over his own survival. The flash and removal out of your vehicle is too confusing if you are in a cave or on terrain where it is hard to see up/down or where you are.

2. Bonesharks are too numerous for how aggressive and dangerous they are.
    Bonesharks are the single most dangerous creature in the game duo to there being so many in packs. And in the floating island zone, how there are so many packs you see them spawn and despawn in front of you every time you move. The problem quickly becomes a effort in tediousness and frustration if you want to explore anywhere near these with a vehicle other than the prawn. They seem to engage from far away and always come at you in packs. You stand no chance other than to run. It's just not fun with how many there are. So far I have yet to fully explore the floating islands zone because there are hundreds in that zone. They are so densly packed I regularly have the packs spawn and pop up infront of me to the point it becomes imposible to dodge or avoid them at all.

Please turn down their numbers and perhaps make them a bit less aggressive. They seem to opperate fine for a combat type of game, but for an exploration game they are just too much.

Bases and vessels
    A few opinions and suggestions here. I do really like the base building mechanic overall though, very cool and fun!

1. Docking option for the Cyclops.
    Perhaps the most frustrating of the base part is the constantly switching in and out of the cyclops and the base to transfer items. Especially because you have to go trough an additional "floor" and ladder in the cyclops.
    I would love a building that the cyclops can go into and auto-dock with at the upper level of the cyclops so it becomes a part of your base essentially. This could be done with a building that consists of rib-like pylons for the player to move his cyclops in (think this upside down: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starfleetprojectexodus/images/6/6d/Drydock1_u9c_4kY.jpg
    The ship would auto dock and extending tube would hook up to the cyclops and create a bridge between it and the base allowing for the layer to walk into his base using one one door (between the cyclops and the extended bridge) instead of having to go down a flight of stairs, exit the cyclops, enter the base).

2. Cant access vehicle inventory in bays.
    Right now it is highly tedious having to unload your vehicles outside of the moonpool/cyclops and transferring the cargo back into your base. It would be a lot more smooth in terms of gameplay feel to be able to access the cargo while the seamoth/prawn are docked. Perhaps trough a console on the ship (think a robot arm will do it).

3. Prawn has some movement issues.
    I'm finding it hard to make small control movements with the prawn. It seems to make some extra animations when moving slightly (to pick-up a dropped ore for example) causing it to jump/jitter back and forth before coming to a stop. Not gamebraking but quite annoying. Perhaps this could use some smoothing.

UI and tools
    1. Too small hotbar.
    Constantly having to open the inventory and reassigning tools to your toolbar is very tedious. Since nothing is deposited in the toolbar and the tools still take inventory space I think it would not unbalance the game in anyway to increase the toolbar from 5 slots to 8 or 10. It merely is an increase in keybinds. It would allow for a much smoother gameplay experience overall.

2. Crafter UI. I'm finding it a bit annoying that when you craft something in the crafter and you move your mouse the crafter "recipe tree" resets. It's especially annoying if you want to craft 10 copper wires and have to click so many times to get back to that recipe. Perhaps always showing the latest crafter recipe would improve this until you physically leave the crafter, then it resets.

Map
    Some form of simple auto mapping tool would be great.

I'm aware a lot has been said about this. But I would like to give my opinion on this. At some point in the game it becomes almost mandatory to open a (blank or not) map from the wiki on your other monitor in order to get around. While you can drop beacons this quickly becomes a UI nightmare once you have dozens cluttering up the field of view any time you look somewhere.
    I really think the game needs a map. A simple biome map, nothing more. Something that tells you what direction you are going, where you are and what all the discovered top-to-surface biomes are. This map could be mid-game tech so for the first part of the game you still rely on basic exploration mechanics and remembering. Underwater biomes don't need a map to keep them mysterious.

The map could be a 1x1 inventory item that requires a battery and lights up in the dark (think iPad). It auto generates a rough surface layout and names the biome or it "unlocks" the blank biome map once you enter the biome zone. Something like this: https://us.v-cdn.net/5019629/uploads/editor/mf/ktz25lsi7zll.png or perhaps only with the large major biomes.

Game settings
    An option for "peaceful" mode where creatures do not attack the players.
    I'm playing without the food/drink mechanic because honestly, the game becomes too much a survival game instead of an exploration game (for me). I would love a peaceful mode setting that can be combined with other game modes. The vast emptiness of the ocean scares me enough already guys ;)

I can explain any of these points more if needed. Thanks in advance for taking our feedback!
  • erikczerikcz czech republic Join Date: 2017-03-05 Member: 228629Members
    You could do it like levels of depth mean difficult
    Like when you are in 1 m depth, its easy, but when 1000m, its hard a monsters there are really hard to kill
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    There is a problem with the placement of thermal power plants. Because they are so picky to place, a lot of times it's impossible to use some vents for power, simply because it's impossible to place the thermal plant. I tried getting around it by placing a foundation (which worked), but then the game considers the foundation a base and powers that, which obviously defeats the purpose. It might help to consider a lone foundation that isn't connected to rooms to not actually be a base. I often use them for placing exterior grow beds, though I do tend to try to connect it to rooms since A) Adding support to a base is always good, and B) it's nice looking out of base windows to see what you're growing!

Of course I'd also like to see the placement problems get fixed as well. For volcanoes that are cylinders, it's often close to impossible to use them unless they have a cave path going inside. This is especially true since you need 80C to get power generated fast enough to run a single water filtration plant without losing power. The 70C in the ALZ actually isn't enough to do it currently. even with three power plants.
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    Random infinite

Unknownworlds
    Hahahaha
    Hehe?
    See what I did thier?
    No?
    Ok..
    I'll just...
    I'll just keep walking...
    I'll be over there if...
    If anyone needs more puns.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited August 2017
    Anonymous Heavenly Bodies

Strange game you've started.
    The only winning move is to not get involved.

How about a nice game of Tic-Tac-Toe?

B)
  • RhapsodyOfHellRhapsodyOfHell Join Date: 2017-08-21 Member: 232525Members
    Just Want to say to keep up the awesome work on the game ive never been so eager to see a game finished as i am for this one

• bulwulffbulwulff Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232591Members
    The biggest question I see and perhaps mine is whether we can complete the game yet or not. I've been with the beta since it was first put onto Steam and I played it once way back then. I know much has changed, but I want to experience the full game, and not have to worry about progress resets. I'm the type of person who really needs an end game goal to enjoy the journey as I tend to be aimless without one. On that note - is the latest Ghost Update capable of being completed since we can now find a cure and deactivate the array or is the ship still not available even though it's been released to youtubers since the previous update?
    AFAIK, They are holding back the final aspects of the game till v1.0 release, which will be sometime around October 31st, 2017.
    B)
  • novalogicnovalogic Bulgaria Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232944Members
    Greetings,

I have been a Subnautica fan ever since the very first early access launches and have been looking for ways to contribute. I was about to join the translation providing opportunity when I decided to check out the Trello board and I found an alarming card there: https://trello.com/c/a6MGmKOW/286-increase-price-a-month-before-so-we-have-option-to-launch-v10-with-a-discount

I am sorry to say this is a genuinely dick move. And it actually looks like you realize it is not even legal in the EU, but I get the impression you are more concerned with circumventing the law rather than respecting the ethics behind it.

This has damaged my good impression of the seemingly shady company behind a good game.

Yes, I develop software, too, so I am aware of its monetary costs, but this is no way to go from early access to launch.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    novalogic wrote: »
    Greetings,

I have been a Subnautica fan ever since the very first early access launches and have been looking for ways to contribute. I was about to join the translation providing opportunity when I decided to check out the Trello board and I found an alarming card there: https://trello.com/c/a6MGmKOW/286-increase-price-a-month-before-so-we-have-option-to-launch-v10-with-a-discount

I am sorry to say this is a genuinely dick move. And it actually looks like you realize it is not even legal in the EU, but I get the impression you are more concerned with circumventing the law rather than respecting the ethics behind it.

This has damaged my good impression of the seemingly shady company behind a good game.

Yes, I develop software, too, so I am aware of its monetary costs, but this is no way to go from early access to launch.

It's not like they're doubling the price. It's been decided that it will probably go up 5-10 U.S. dollars. And for the relatively low price that Subnautica has, I wholeheartedly agree with this move.

And, I'm pretty sure half of the development team is from the EU, so they probably have a pretty good idea of what they're doing.

And this,
    but I get the impression you are more concerned with circumventing the law rather than respecting the ethics behind it.

What? I think you're blowing this far more out of proportion than it really is.

And shady? Shady? UWE has had they're curtains wide open since the beginning. You should know that if you really have been around for as long as you say.

Long story short, this isn't as big of a problem as you say it is.
    edited September 2017
    novalogic wrote: »
    Greetings,

Obviously, you don't seem to realize this is how business works in the world.

During the game's development, the price to TEST the game in BETA, is usually much less than what the actual retail price will be upon launch.

What the Dev's are stating here is that They are going to bump the price up to the Actual Planned Retail-Price of the game, a month before the v1.0 launch date, so that upon launch day, They can offer a discounted price to anybody who didn't buy it during it's development.

It's called "Making A Living" in the Gaming Business World, without actually trying to screw your potential customers.

B)
  • ZeddIsDeadZeddIsDead Australia Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216029Members
    The biggest annoyance in the game right now for me are the torch/lightstick. We have a magical stasis rifle but a simple 20th century LED torch is apparently far beyond our technology.

Torch should have at least 2 power settings:
    HIGH (current intensity) = current battery life
    LOW (50% intensity) = 2.5*battery life

Lightstick
    Battery life should be about 3 or 5 times what it is now. It has a fraction of the intensity of the torch but for some reason draws just as much power.

Also, why do we put our lightstick/torch away when running?! Weapons and two-handed items I can understand, but putting away your light source is super annoying and feels like punishment for no reason.

If we really 'need empty hands to run' then can we at least get a shoulder/chest/head mounted torch upgrade please?

Thanks! :D
  • NorthernBruceNorthernBruce Canada Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231544Members
    A new twist for me where I'm just a small fish in somebody else's very big pond. Awesome game!
  • JomiJomi Deutschland Join Date: 2017-06-20 Member: 231210Members
    The early accses is really good
    In front of this I habe starded to make youtube videos there-->