Xbox One Silent Running Update

Comments

• Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    @Obraxis Any news on the release of the Silent Running update for Xbox One?
  • jacewaylandjacewayland Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225358Members
    PLEASE HELP
    i'm having troubles with my xbox one silent running update i saw it was released on twitter so i went on my xbox and it wasn't in my update list then i loaded up subnautica and normally when there is an update it will tell me this game needs an update so it now or go back to home but when i loaded it up this time it wasn't there and the last update was the save and loading issue fixer update and i don't know what to do please someone help me i've tried tweeting about it on twitter straight to the devs and to the subnautica xbox account and no one is helping me
  • hellrayn3hellrayn3 Uk Join Date: 2017-05-20 Member: 230628Members
    PLEASE HELP
    i'm having troubles with my xbox one silent running update i saw it was released on twitter so i went on my xbox and it wasn't in my update list then i loaded up subnautica and normally when there is an update it will tell me this game needs an update so it now or go back to home but when i loaded it up this time it wasn't there and the last update was the save and loading issue fixer update and i don't know what to do please someone help me i've tried tweeting about it on twitter straight to the devs and to the subnautica xbox account and no one is helping me

Still not out for xbox, rough eta is a few weeks
  • CluLess720CluLess720 Mandeville, Louisiana Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229217Members
    PLEASE HELP

yea, same here...I think the update won't be on Xbox for a little bit longer sadly, but it's only a guess.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    Hi guys/gals.
    I am not in any way connected to the Developers or UW.
    But I started software programming in 1970.
    No that's not a mistake, 1970!
    Yes they were very large machines.

We, the users have an incredible opportunity to help the Devs make a stunning game.
    We will be informed of the update when it is about to go to MS for certification.
    How many different threads do we need to read about the Unity Engine, or about not seeing the next update?
    Engage Brain before posting.
    I know that some of you are very new to SN and the forum.
    But please research your problem before oping.
  • DarkOriginsDarkOrigins New York Join Date: 2017-05-25 Member: 230741Members
    I've been playing the latest version of Subnautica on my Xbox One, and I've been really confused. I had never had a problem with loading in new areas, framerate, and just lag until now. I know that the system is being upgraded (or so I've heard) with the Silent Running Update in a few weeks, but HOLY CRAP when exploring the Degasi Base near the Lost River, I was getting a spotty 6 -8 frames per second. Hopefully it will be fixed by then.
  • CluLess720CluLess720 Mandeville, Louisiana Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229217Members
    I've been playing the latest version of Subnautica on my Xbox One, and I've been really confused. I had never had a problem with loading in new areas, framerate, and just lag until now. I know that the system is being upgraded (or so I've heard) with the Silent Running Update in a few weeks, but HOLY CRAP when exploring the Degasi Base near the Lost River, I was getting a spotty 6 -8 frames per second. Hopefully it will be fixed by then.

LOL, I've had worse(especially in reaper territory)... :D
    Shotout wrote: »
    Hi guys/gals.
    I am not in any way connected to the Developers or UW.
    But I started software programming in 1970.
    No that's not a mistake, 1970!
    Yes they were very large machines.

We, the users have an incredible opportunity to help the Devs make a stunning game.
    We will be informed of the update when it is about to go to MS for certification.
    How many different threads do we need to read about the Unity Engine, or about not seeing the next update?
    Engage Brain before posting.
    I know that some of you are very new to SN and the forum.
    But please research your problem before oping.

don't get me wrong, I've tried to look up how to fix my problem with the builder tool, but honestly all I can say is that for now my only shot at it being fixed is when the update comes out on Xbox 1.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    I apologize to everyone for my previous rant.
    l have seen many, many specific issues not addressed by updates.
    Sometimes they can 'sneak' a fix in between updates.

The Devs seem to include content in the updates that advance the story line.
    That's their job.
    Small changes in the code can have unfortunate consequences.
    Therefore, please don't be upset if your problem is not fixed.
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
    CluLess720 wrote: »

He's been getting a regular 6-8+ frames at all times? :O
    I've started a new hardcore world on my Xbox 1, and it's been hard with storage lately due to the fact the my builder tool is still bugged and it won't let me build a mini base to build lockers. Plz tell me that the update will come soon and will fix this bug... :s
    Kellise wrote: »
    CluLess720 wrote: »

He's been getting a regular 6-8+ frames at all times? :O

I've had like 2-5 frames for like 10 mins. straight. :D
  • Cat_Gamer33Cat_Gamer33 Australia Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228912Members
    Does this mean the laggyness will go? On Xbox one. (Is laggyness even a word lol)
    No it just means it should Lag less
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    ok were gonna see lag till the final product and afterwords here is my explanation 1. as they add content they run into issues causing lag then put out a fix for lag a bit after 2. following this path they have carved and repeated a lot (no offense to them its just what was witnessed) we can expect after they finish the game aka after final content addition they will need to shoot out a patch to fix the final bits of lag happening.
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    @Yargish89 and even then there will still be lag from time to time though in probably small amounts depending on how large an entity spawning in is. but it will still be far more fluid than it is currently. Pun semi-intended B)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    They have months dedicated to polish, if that's not enough I imagine they'll push the release date back a month or two until it's smooth. I don't think UWE would release a product that's not up to par (unlike AAA studios that just release to say they did it in time, and then release patches months after).

I could be wrong though, they have pushed the dates back several times already, but I don't think they would want to release a product in a laggy state.
    I noticed a weird story bug that i don't know if its a glitch or not, but when my character reaches the stage of final form carar, i continued for about an hour of gameplay and then saved. After a couple hours i came back and loaded up the save and went to the safe biome. it was then that i noticed my character didn't have the green spots all over him, so i self scan again and it did not make the green spots appear. it could just be a one time glitch but im not sure
    @Beta_Tester_Prophet yes a agree that the size of an asset will cause some lag but does not change what I was saying ^^
    I honestly don't care about the lag, I just want my builder tool to be fixed in the next update. cause if it's not, then my game is unplayable. :s
    I still feel for you Bro I wanna send you my xbox just so you can play this amazing game to its fullest!
    say @CluLess720 you on pc or xbox for your system? if you on pc when you uninstall remove your saves clear all data of subnautica and have a steady uninterrupted install of it and try connecting it directly to your modem when you do this. if xbox same thing maybe that will fix your issue because sometimes issues can occur if you install and a interruption in connection happens and the remove every last bit of data of it you want to make sure you get rid of all data that could happen to have that issue in it let me know if it helps or not and we will brain storm more on how to try and fix this ^^
  • TheBloxxerDudeTheBloxxerDude Somewhere in the USA Join Date: 2016-12-19 Member: 225209Members
    I have a feeling that the Silent Running/Prison updates will be released at the same time, just like the Precursor Experience/Castles + Coffee updates.
    @TheBloxxerDude at least it would give us something to look forward to and prepare for :D
    Yargish89 wrote: »
    say @CluLess720 you on pc or xbox for your system? if you on pc when you uninstall remove your saves clear all data of subnautica and have a steady uninterrupted install of it and try connecting it directly to your modem when you do this. if xbox same thing maybe that will fix your issue because sometimes issues can occur if you install and a interruption in connection happens and the remove every last bit of data of it you want to make sure you get rid of all data that could happen to have that issue in it let me know if it helps or not and we will brain storm more on how to try and fix this ^^

sorry but no dice, I play on xbox 1 and I've already tried that and it didn't work. thanks for trying to help though.
    hellrayn3 wrote: »
    I still feel for you Bro I wanna send you my xbox just so you can play this amazing game to its fullest!

That's nice, I hope the update comes soon so that this bug possibly gets fixed
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    @Obraxis hey I know you guys are really busy trying to get the update running right, but I was if you get a moment, if you could give us a little info on how it's coming along, thanks :)