Subnautica Xbox Save/Load Issues - Subnautica

Comments

• IcarusVkIcarusVk Join Date: 2017-03-19 Member: 229051Members
    If the issue is resolved, can we expect to be able to access the save that have that issue?
  • Spooky626Spooky626 US Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228922Members
    Rockyuk67 wrote: »
    I just hope after a fix is found that I will be able to load the game and not have to start over again again again. I saved outside of the primary containment facility. Having 21 hours into this saved file, also losing two seamless due to the frame rate issue.

I agree. It's sad, but hopefully they can fix it.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    IcarusVk wrote: »
    If the issue is resolved, can we expect to be able to access the save that have that issue?

That depends on what the bug is, and what it does to save files. If the corruption is something that can be easily reversed, there's hope. If not, well, you can't bring back what's not there any more.
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    Come on now guys this is getting beyond a joke I've lost four very deeply committed saves now , I have friends who refuse to buy the game do to it getting out about how glitchy it is , it's amazing when it works
  • Mallimo87Mallimo87 Beaumont, Texas Join Date: 2017-03-21 Member: 229101Members
    I have completely fixed my save load error on my xbox. The problem is, most of you wont like what it means to fix it. You have to go into your saves and completely delete everything you've staved so far, off your cloud and your xbox completely. Once you start a new game after doing this, you have to save very frequently, like once every half hour. Once you do this, you'll be able to play and save the game no problem, but you will completely lose all your old saves.
  • wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    The load screen disclaimer is standard and does not indicate we're including multiplayer in the game. No where on any store page you used to purchase have we said there is multiplayer, or that it's coming.

I'm sorry @Calincalis, you're mistaken.

He didn't say no co op! :)
  • daltonmaddaltonmad Join Date: 2016-12-24 Member: 225449Members
    I have lost 4 games now, between 15-30 hours of play each. All vehicles and most blueprints aquired. We need to really fix this. Can't we make multiple save points and overwrite files we choose. That way if one is corrupt we still have one to fall back one. Others have mentioned it. I havnt read why it's not possible. Yes, this is truly an awesome game, but if we can't get the bug fixed asap, no ones going to want the game when released cause we won't trust it. Please, make some changes fast.
  • BayChar414BayChar414 wisconsin Join Date: 2017-03-22 Member: 229108Members
    will i have to restart my game when this gets fixed. also love what u guys have created keep up the good work.

daltonmad wrote: »
    I have lost 4 games now, between 15-30 hours of play each. All vehicles and most blueprints aquired. We need to really fix this. Can't we make multiple save points and overwrite files we choose. That way if one is corrupt we still have one to fall back one. Others have mentioned it. I havnt read why it's not possible. Yes, this is truly an awesome game, but if we can't get the bug fixed asap, no ones going to want the game when released cause we won't trust it. Please, make some changes fast.

Limited storage on Xbox, Subnautica saves aren't optimized and can take up quite a lot of space (how much space does your save take after acquiring everything and gathering a lot of resources?)
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Limited storage on Xbox, Subnautica saves aren't optimized and can take up quite a lot of space (how much space does your save take after acquiring everything and gathering a lot of resources?)

I'm not sure. I guess the next time I play I'll delete everything and start a new game. As much as I love this game though, I think I've lost interest for awhile.
  • FreudianSlipFreudianSlip LV, NV Join Date: 2017-03-23 Member: 229132Members
    My save file crashes after visiting the Floating island regardless of whether I have 15 hours of play time or 1 hour; with or without vehicles, etc. It seems that for me, part of the issue is with going to the island either at all or unlocking the bits and bobs that are assoc. with that particular island. I played my first 15 hour game having only visited the Alien island (don't judge!) and there was no save file corruption. I probably won't be playing again until the update comes out as too many of the blueprints are part of a place that then corrupts the save file and I lose everything. Wonderful game and I can put up with a ton of the issues, but losing game after game after game isn't something I'm interested in currently! I'll most def be back after a "save file" patch comes out!
  • gusmangusman Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228423Members
    I've read a few peoples posts and it seems pretty common. People stop wamting to play when the saves corrupt. Me included. I played this game every possible moment i had and time for me is very limited. Losing a few games now each averaging 24 hours is very disapointing. I will wait until the issue is fixed. Hopefully soon. Updates or miricles pending
  • AlecCorreaAlecCorrea Brasil Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228747Members
    Good swim my friends.
    I am 42 years old and have played since the first console created. I'm Brazilian and I'm using the Google translator to help me, so I apologize for any errors.
    Since my first game, I have always had the desire to play in open worlds and games in which the player needed to at least swim, I was thrilled to play Tomb Raider because it served my purpose, but it was very little.
    I bought XboxOne in December to give as a gift to my daughter and I was delighted with the graphics, who plays from the beginning knows the importance of them.
    In February, strolling through the Microsoft game store I came across a curious title that caught my eye ... it was Subnautica.
    It was love at first sight, I bought the game and I can not stop playing.
    But .... since everything is not flowers ... I discovered the errors as I was playing and I did not care at all.
    1 - It takes 5 minutes to load the game.
    2 - It takes time to load the graphics during the game and already lost several Cyclops and MiniSubs because they were trapped in corals.
    3 - Much, but very slow even when your base is very large.
    4 - The fish outside the base appear to be swimming in the air inside the base.

But, to play and makes me very happy, what does not make me happy is that I have already lost several games saved. Every week I'm being forced to start all over again and this I have to confess makes me angry sometimes.

But, I can not help believing that this particular error will be corrected soon and consequently all the others and I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart the creation of the Subnautica, I am waiting for this game to 35 years and I am very happy.
    You guys are awesome !!!
  • TyR3xTyR3x Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228952Members
    edited March 2017
    I just lost my second save like 5 minutes ago. Im pretty dissapointed, i got really far on this one, but something i noticed is that both of my corrupted games had the issue right after i made a second O2 tank. This is probably a coincidence, but idk for sure. Hope you guys at unknown worlds can fix this glitch soon, because I'm still loving the game and I cant wait to get back into it when this issue is fixed (P.S i can confirm that this glitch doesnt have to do with the sunbeam explosion event because I hadnt even fixed my communications relay on my life pod or even built another one yet)
  • VishVish Join Date: 2017-03-24 Member: 229161Members
    I just lost my 2nd save in as many days. Hey devs, why not just make multiple save slots so we can roll back a save if one is junked. Genius! Problem solved. Seriously tho, I saved more often the 2nd time just to try and avoid this issue. I have had the game less than a week and when this happens, it makes it unplayable. I understand the whole 'work in progress' thing and will take my lumps for whatever issues arise, but the game should be playable. Having said that... The. Game. Is. Unplayable. Unless I want to start from jump every time and try to win it on one play. Worst 20 bucks I ever spent.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2017
    From what I've read in this thread so far, it seems that the Xbox can't handle the massive saves that the UN-optimized aspect of the game currently has after several hours of play.

Is it possible for Xbox players to go into the game files like we can on our PC's and delete the overstuffed caches and then do a SAVE?

Could this be a temporary fix till the game gets farther along in development?
    B)
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    From what I've read in this thread so far, it seems that the Xbox can't handle the massive saves that the UN-optimized aspect of the game currently has after several hours of play.

Is it possible for Xbox players to go into the game files like we can on our PC's and delete the overstuffed caches and then do a SAVE?

Could this be a temporary fix till the game gets farther along in development?
    B)

Closest you can get to that is doing a cold boot of the Xbox (hold power button on the front down until power brick goes amber, then start it back up), which is supposed to clear games' cache. No clue to what extent it actually clears them, though.
  • VoidKaosVoidKaos Join Date: 2017-01-08 Member: 226352Members
    Any word on the problem yet? I still love the game but I just lost another save of 2 days and 3 hours. Though I think there is a way around the corruption. I read that if you wait for the save icon to take less time to save (Save once and it takes forever to save, then save again and it should take less time) and re-enter the save file immediately it should be fine. I did this all the time on my save and it worked all the way until I forgot to re-enter it once.

Well, just lost another save. This time I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, made sure there were no other saves, and started a new game. Saved after 1hr 31 min of play. Came back later and the file is corrupt and won't load. Look, I know that to speed up frame rate, and other aspects of the game you want to Finnish it first, but if I can't even make it 2 hours in the game it's not worth playing. I would say that's the most important part of the game. Now they say it's top priority but I don't think it is. I would think that you might want to put a pause on the game creation and fix the save issue. This is an in development game but if know one plays then that's pretty much a wast of time now isn't it. That's great the steam players don't have the problem but I'm not paying a second time to play on PC. As for Xbox, why do we have a back seat and it's not a big deal if we can play or not. THIS NEEDS FIXED!!! PLEASE......
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    So this update is so you guys can see what is happening on our end?
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2017
    Yargish89 wrote: »

"...that's specifically designed to gather & display more information when a Saved game fails to load..."

What part of that sentence don't you understand?

smh
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    the part that was bored and wanted you to waste your time to type that
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Yargish89 wrote: »

Yes, I believe that is correct. That's what I understood it to have meant.
  • SatanspawnSatanspawn Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228719Members
    So when can we expect the update for this?
    edited March 2017
    Just updated the game, I tweeted @subnauticaxbox a pic of the new error message. It says "Save data loading failed (A null value was found where an object instance was required.)."
    If u guys at UW entertainment see this, I've got 2 corrupted save files and there's one that I'm willing to fool around with and even mess up if it can help gather info to fix this glitch. If you need me to do anything with that save, feel free to tweet me @Ty_R3x on twitter.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2017
    The tiny Xbox-Only update is now out. If you get the Save/Load issue, please take a picture of the error it shows and post it in this thread. It will help us work out what's going wrong. Thanks!
  • LihanLihan St. Louis Join Date: 2017-03-29 Member: 229284Members
    edited March 2017
    Here is what mine says. le21cygerjoy.png
    Lihan wrote: »
    Here is what mine says. le21cygerjoy.png

Its the same for me as well