More Vehicles?

TheRaccoonTheRaccoon Australia Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228921Members
edited March 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
There is a lot of people starting discussions on vehicles and more base parts, blah, blah...
This is getting a bit out of control and things just seem a big silly and or not with the spirit of the game. For example ANY HOVERCRAFTS! all the hovercraft ideas are just plain weird and seem cheaty. A very fast vehicle that hovers above the water carrying a cyclops worth of resources across the ocean within two seconds is stupid, this game is about exploration and the journy.
There are more ideas on weird hybrid seamoths, basically, people are trying to get the devs to make weird submersibles to fulfil their every need.
This game is about adventure and the struggle for surviving, the moment when you realise you're about to die from thirst! I just don't think we need all these new funky ships floating around!

Anyway, that's just my opinion, so vote and tell us why you think we need a wider range of things to traverse the seas, or if we've got enough already.

Comments

• ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    The game is currently not fit for more subs. Anything bigger than the cyclops would glitch out. We don't need anything faster or smaller than the seamoth. The prawn can go down far enough. If more biomes were developed than maybe but currently we have enough.

Now that I think about it I would like a little raft that I could fish on all day... :/
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited March 2017
    Maybe you could rephrase some of this because this is basically written like an anti-topic with some strawmanning ("carrying a cyclops worth of resources across the ocean within two seconds") and I don't quite feel like giving my opinion this way. Arguably not a loss, but just saying.
  • Spooky626Spooky626 US Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228922Members
    i would like a submersible tank-like vehicle, having treads and able to roll around. this would be cool, and some upgrades could be pinching-like arms, similar to the exo-suit, but a little longer and with more hinges. this would be amazing.
    the second one would be a hovercraft, like you said. this hovercraft could possibly hold a weapon that paralyzes its targets. this could be useful
    against large creatures trying to attack you, such as reaper leviathans.
    the third one i would probably let the community decide. i don't have many idea's, but i picture them to be very unique.
  • Spooky626Spooky626 US Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228922Members
    PS: maybe aircraft? this could be very nice. (but not aircraft that can glitch out of the map.)
    Spooky626 wrote: »
    PS: maybe aircraft? this could be very nice. (but not aircraft that can glitch out of the map.)

Again, there is no real need for this ATM

Nothing is achieved from flying across the map IMO
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    I've made suggestions for an intermediary vehicle between the seamoth and cyclops and a glass-bottom boat that can move quickly above the water, and I feel like both of them would have a nice place in gameplay.

Making and owning vehicles is just kind of fun.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    edited March 2017
    TheRaccoon wrote: »
    There is a lot of people starting discussions on vehicles and more base parts, blah, blah... This is getting a bit out of control and things just seem a big silly and or not with the spirit of the game.

yeah its not as if adding additional content to the game could improve it

that's just ridiculous and completely against everything that subnautica stands for
    I admit building vehicles is fun, but the devs can not handle another core gameplay vehicle. As we near 1.0, the devs are strictly focased on precursors and bug fixes, leaving no time for othe auditions. I would love to have a ton of vehicles based around convenience but the devs can't afford that right now. I hope subnautica doesn't just die when 1.0 hits, and they most likely will add to the game in the form of updates or paid DLCs. At the very least mods could be allowed, so we may see more vehicles in the future :)
    There's always hope...
  • TheRaccoonTheRaccoon Australia Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228921Members

yeah its not as if adding additional content to the game could improve it

that's just ridiculous and completely against everything that subnautica stands for

not necessarily 'additional content' in general but specifically more with vehicles. if we added more (vehicles), what would their primary function be?
    Seamoth -> small, fast
    Cyclops -> mobile base, safe haven
    PRAWN -> walk on the seafloor
    So what would we need anything else to do?
  • BlackMagicianJDBlackMagicianJD England, UK Join Date: 2017-03-16 Member: 228975Members
    The idea of MANY MORE vehicles is stupid! The Aurora is a mining vessel, not a colony ship or military transport!

A mining vessel would not carry an abundance of vehicles, at best they'd have a handful of vehicles for jobs such as harvesting, exploring/scanning, or mining.

The Seamoth covers the job of exploration and could be used for scanning with the proper equiptment refit.

The Cyclops is a good deep-sea explorer vessel but really needs extra options for either processing or building.

The P.R.A.W.N suit is your mining tool, docked inside the Cyclops is an advantage but again the problem lies in not having an actual docking point or enlarged moon pool available.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    I admit building vehicles is fun, but the devs can not handle another core gameplay vehicle. As we near 1.0, the devs are strictly focased on precursors and bug fixes, leaving no time for othe auditions.

I don't think anyone is asking for any core gameplay updates before V1.0, so why do you bring it up?
    TheRaccoon wrote: »
    not necessarily 'additional content' in general but specifically more with vehicles. if we added more (vehicles), what would their primary function be?
    Seamoth -> small, fast
    Cyclops -> mobile base, safe haven
    PRAWN -> walk on the seafloor
    So what would we need anything else to do?

I have answers, not to mention so has UWE although I seem to be the only hype for a jetpack, but again, I don't care about sharing when I'm put on the defense. Props to anyone who is willing to engage.
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    I admit building vehicles is fun, but the devs can not handle another core gameplay vehicle. As we near 1.0, the devs are strictly focased on precursors and bug fixes, leaving no time for othe auditions.

I don't think anyone is asking for any core gameplay updates before V1.0, so why do you bring it up?

Unless the vehicles are purely for fun, there would be almost no point in adding them because all the things you would need a sub for are already covered.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    edited March 2017
    Honestly, the only "vehicle" I'd like to see at this point is an ROV for the Cyclops and Seamoth. A little drone that can be deployed from the host sub to explore caves and such, a la present-day world's DSV Alvin's Jason Junior.

(And before someone brings it up, no, the scanner room isn't equivalent. Those drones are based at the scanner room; the ROV would be based on the sub.)

But as for another full-blown vehicle, the only thing we could add now would be toys rather than survival tools, like @ShuttleBug said.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited March 2017
    ... after v1.0, and after other new content. We have enough to keep us busy for now (wouldn't you rather have a new biome or two to explore before a new vehicle?)
  • ArcticWarriorArcticWarrior Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227305Members
    edited March 2017
    This has nothing to do with anything, but it would be fun to fish off the top of the lifepod
  • sub2candksub2candk Join Date: 2021-03-15 Member: 268301Members
    ya i just want more vechiles.
  • yulia19yulia19 US Join Date: 2021-03-25 Member: 268493Members
    I would love to have more vehicles. WHY NOT!
  • kingslycambenkingslycamben Join Date: 2021-04-14 Member: 269101Members
    edited April 2021
    More vehicles would be great.
  • Harrisonbr9Harrisonbr9 Join Date: 2021-05-25 Member: 270615Members
    I think that subnautica could use something like this...zlfi3r8h91xp.jpeg
  • Call_Me_HybridCall_Me_Hybrid Join Date: 2021-05-17 Member: 270251Members
    I just think there could be something like a simple boat or something that doesn't go too fast or too slow with decent health and decent storage as well.
  • GLiTcH2GLiTcH2 Join Date: 2021-05-29 Member: 270830Members
    More vehicles would be a very nice addition to the game!
  • SuthaiSuthai Thailand Join Date: 2021-05-29 Member: 270825Members
    Mobile Moonpool... nuff said XD
  • DawnheartDawnheart Join Date: 2021-06-21 Member: 271438Members
    edited June 2021
    soo true! i play in creative, ans the fact that there are only 3 vehicles, and six modules that are just for the sea truck is just plain dumb.