bug for corrupted save on xbox

Sonicrocks456Sonicrocks456 Westville NS Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228298Members
edited February 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Aaaand the save file corrupted after 4 hours of play. If it helps, I saved, took my Seamoth to the Aurora, got eaten, quit to menu and then it corrupt. Might possibly have been because the game was in the process of re-spawning me? Not sure. I'll submit it as a proper bug report.

so after a couple hours my save corrupted, which REALLY sucks. i put 10 HOURS in, and noticed every piece of quartz suddenly vanished. i thought saving and quiting would fix the problem, and my save corrupted. each time i try to load the save, it shows

"loading level ..." with no percentage, and then shows error loading save data, please try again.

could we get a hotfix for this, please?

this only happened a bit after the update. and the world wasnt upgraded, it was made on the day the update was released.
https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/on-xbox-performance/

also, are me and chimp the only ones having this problem?

Comments

• Sonicrocks456Sonicrocks456 Westville NS Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228298Members
    so theres more people who are having the EXACT same problem...

CoJax2K wrote: »
    My save data has been corrupted three times now. First time I was starting a new game anyways, so no huge loss when the game wigged out and my data was corruopted. But now, both my creative and survival data are gone. i had gotten a seaglide and gone to the island and back just so i could start building a base. But when i go to the main screen it doesnt register any data, just says new game. Im going to try it one more time, but please fix whatever the issue is. If my data gets corrupted again, im going to stop playing. there is no point in putting in the work, if its all just going to disapear.
    Well it just happened again. I did notice a patern of when it happens though. before it happens a resource disapears. last night it was quarts, this time it was limestone. then if you exit the game and get back in your saves are gone. anyways, you have my email, when you fix it let me know. i like youre game, but im not going to put in work just to lose it all.

I'm getting REALLY confused, and i need a solution.
  • ThatIsaacGuyThatIsaacGuy Illinois Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228314Members
    Not sure if I'm using quote correctly because this is my first time in the forum, but I am also having the exact same issue. Anyone that could help would be a life saver. This has now happened to me on two different saves. One with 8 hours and the other with 5.
    so theres more people who are having the EXACT same problem...

My save data has been corrupted three times now. First time I was starting a new game anyways, so no huge loss when the game wigged out and my data was corruopted. But now, both my creative and survival data are gone. i had gotten a seaglide and gone to the island and back just so i could start building a base. But when i go to the main screen it doesnt register any data, just says new game. Im going to try it one more time, but please fix whatever the issue is. If my data gets corrupted again, im going to stop playing. there is no point in putting in the work, if its all just going to disapear.
    Well it just happened again. I did notice a patern of when it happens though. before it happens a resource disapears. last night it was quarts, this time it was limestone. then if you exit the game and get back in your saves are gone. anyways, you have my email, when you fix it let me know. i like youre game, but im not going to put in work just to lose it all.

I'm getting REALLY confused, and i need a solution.

• TurtletotTurtletot Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228320Members
    When I updated the game and tried to play my old world it said "save data loading failed". I figured this was happening because the old world was having problems with the new update so I started a new game. After playing on my new world for about 7 hours I saved and quit. I came back later and when I tried to load my game and all it said was "save data loading failed". At this point I decided it was Subnautica so I uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't fix it. I decided to make sure it was the game and not me so I did some tests. I made a bunch of new worlds and they played fine but the moment I quit the game all the worlds said "save data loading failed". No matter how far I got in the world whether it be 5 minutes or an hour the moment I exit the world it can't load the save data. Basically this means if I quit a world I can never play it again which makes it very hard to advance in Subnautica. I love Subnautica and I really want to play it, but until this gets fixed it looks like I'm done playing.
  • Sonicrocks456Sonicrocks456 Westville NS Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228298Members
    edited February 2017
    What's our issue then?
    Turtletot wrote: »
    When I updated the game and tried to play my old world it said "save data loading failed". I figured this was happening because the old world was having problems with the new update so I started a new game. After playing on my new world for about 7 hours I saved and quit. I came back later and when I tried to load my game and all it said was "save data loading failed". At this point I decided it was Subnautica so I uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't fix it. I decided to make sure it was the game and not me so I did some tests. I made a bunch of new worlds and they played fine but the moment I quit the game all the worlds said "save data loading failed". No matter how far I got in the world whether it be 5 minutes or an hour the moment I exit the world it can't load the save data. Basically this means if I quit a world I can never play it again which makes it very hard to advance in Subnautica. I love Subnautica and I really want to play it, but until this gets fixed it looks like I'm done playing.

thats not really our issue, you should probably make your own discussion about that.

• ahinkleahinkle Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228328Members
    I don't see why the developers don't allow us a "Save As.." function so we can have multiple versions backed up in the event this happens. I would have like 50 saves just so I don't lose my main game save.
    Probably because it's not good to accept that it might happen and instead make sure it doesnt.
    ahinkle wrote: »
    I don't see why the developers don't allow us a "Save As.." function so we can have multiple versions backed up in the event this happens. I would have like 50 saves just so I don't lose my main game save.

edited February 2017
    What's our issue then?

thats not really our issue, you should probably make your own discussion about that.

sorry, i have adhd, i only bothered to read the first 5 sentences. i just read the whole thing, and would like to apologise.

I'll delete it right away! :D
    I really don't think starting it previous to the update or the resources really had anything to do with the save not loading, but I can see your point I suppose.
    What's our issue then?

he started the world previous update, and it doesnt show the whole resources vanishing thing.

i actually might be able to find someone who helped this EXACT problem, i read through the forums and found this discussion earlier.
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/146842/corrupted-save-data#latest

and i was able to make contact with the dev who helped the person with the problem. hopefully he responds soon!
    Their problem seems to be a bit different from mine and other people's, but maybe they are similar enough that they will have the same fix.
    i actually might be able to find someone who helped this EXACT problem, i read through the forums and found this discussion earlier.
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/146842/corrupted-save-data#latest

and i was able to make contact with the dev who helped the person with the problem. hopefully he responds soon!

well, it seems they aren't responding, did anyone else get a fix?
    i also emailed charlie, hope we can make contact with him at least.
    Okay, great news, Charlie responded, and he's said he's actually got a team working on the problem! Let's hope for the best! ;)
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hi, I'm pointing everyone to use a single thread, as we've had 5 or 6 ones about this now.

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/148387/major-issue#latest

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.